MOD & FOD #6 Hanging out with a secret nanny, doing admin on my fanny

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
But remember, MOD is yet again, simply making money out of other people! Her podcasts really aren't hers at all! Remember, months ago she asked on her insta for people to DM her their birth stories....and Voila here comes her podcast, yet it's not actually her is it, it's all other peoples stories...So no idea why she's proud of her work, when she's got virtually nothing to do with it, she's just sharing other people's work and stories!!!

Reactions: 8
But remember, MOD is yet again, simply making money out of other people! Her podcasts really aren't hers at all! Remember, months ago she asked on her insta for people to DM her their birth stories....and Voila here comes her podcast, yet it's not actually her is it, it's all other peoples stories...So no idea why she's proud of her work, when she's got virtually nothing to do with it, she's just sharing other people's work and stories!!!
Weren’t the birth stories piggy backed onto a mental health thing sponsored by Superdrug or am I thinking of another of her deals.

Reactions: 6
Weren’t the birth stories piggy backed onto a mental health thing sponsored by Superdrug or am I thinking of another of her deals.
Ahhh yes, maybe! If it was her talking and sharing her thoughts I'd have more respect... To be honest, listening to other people's birth stories... especially strangers!!! Is like hearing someone's dreams (in my opinion!) ...so not interested!!! I'm only interested in my mates birth stories and even those I've only got the patience to listen to for a short while!!!

Ahhh yes, maybe! If it was her talking and sharing her thoughts I'd have more respect... To be honest, listening to other people's birth stories... especially strangers!!! Is like hearing someone's dreams (in my opinion!) ...so not interested!!! I'm only interested in my mates birth stories and even those I've only got the patience to listen to for a short while!!!

Reactions: 3
It’s a grey area isn’t it? As is a lot of this influencer culture, with no precedents as to what is or isn’t ok. My concern is that she *is* using her practising midwife status to promote this podcast, which will in turn increase engagement with her instagram and ultimately make her more money. She has chosen, or been advised to, wear her work uniform in the promotional images.

This, along with the guest describing herself as a women’s health “expert”, adds a degree of credibility to the content and their opinions, which could adversely influence people’s decisions at a time when they could be quite vulnerable/susceptible.

As a Healthcare Professional, Clemmie is duty-bound to use the best available evidence to support her practice and recommendations. A cursory internet search hasn’t brought up anything that would support this guest’s view of herself as an expert, i.e. participation in gold-standard research, publication in respected and peer-reviewed journals, presentation at conferences.

Clemmie using her midwife status to promote this podcast is, I feel, the issue. Potentially just a moral one but that is often the problem with influencer culture isn’t it? She could choose to not include the references to her being a midwife in the promotional materials, but that wouldn’t be as potentially lucrative, would it?
Yes to every single word of this. She is so happy to entwine her part time job of midwifery with her full time job as an influencer that she allows poor/unprofessional behaviour to permeate her choices. I really can't believe King's can be aware of how she is flaunting their reputation to line her pockets.

Reactions: 7
As for FODs chip advertising...I mean, firstly, who needs to advertise chips!!! All pretty much taste the same don't they? Really scraping the barrel in trying to get engagement by discussing mealtime conversations. He ought to just hold the frozen bag of chips up and film 3 reasons why he likes that frozen bag over another, and I'd probably pick that bag up next time...As it happens, it's such a convoluted, drawn out, shady marketing ploy I shall be avoiding McCains on purpose!!! (Also....Gousto .. anyone...???? )))

Reactions: 5
Yes to every single word of this. She is so happy to entwine her part time job of midwifery with her full time job as an influencer that she allows poor/unprofessional behaviour to permeate her choices. I really can't believe King's can be aware of how she is flaunting their reputation to line her pockets.
I bet there is a great deal of eye-rolling that goes on about her. It is very difficult in the NHS however to discipline anyone about anything, particular something like this, with no legal precedent or specific policies. She knows this and is absolutely abusing her position, rolling in on her one day a week then buggering off back to her life of gifted luxury. She really doesn’t give a stuff.

I bet there is a great deal of eye-rolling that goes on about her. It is very difficult in the NHS however to discipline anyone about anything, particular something like this, with no legal precedent or specific policies. She knows this and is absolutely abusing her position, rolling in on her one day a week then buggering off back to her life of gifted luxury. She really doesn’t give a stuff.
But surely she is bringing her profession, King's and the NHS into disrepute by blurring the lines so completely with her sainted midwife, luxury gifted (no transparency) influencer double act. She needs the one to legitimise the other and is so deeply unprofessional that King's could surely at least require her to draw a line between her two income strands.
Interesting, and wholly typical, that she doesn't engage with criticism on her thread. Guess she will just howl "troll" and move on. What an odious woman.

But surely she is bringing her profession, King's and the NHS into disrepute by blurring the lines so completely with her sainted midwife, luxury gifted (no transparency) influencer double act. She needs the one to legitimise the other and is so deeply unprofessional that King's could surely at least require her to draw a line between her two income strands.
Interesting, and wholly typical, that she doesn't engage with criticism on her thread. Guess she will just howl "troll" and move on. What an odious woman.
Yes, a complete inability to self-reflect and consider alternative viewpoints. Again, a supposed skill for HCPs. This whole culture is just so depressing, but who are the ones laughing all the way to the bank?

I agree that Kings should address this with her, but in my experience, there are many examples of dubious behaviour that go unaddressed, because people either simply don’t have the time, don’t want the hassle of opening a can of worms, or are afraid of a counter-claim of harassment.

Not dissimilar to how the other Clemmie asks for stories for her lists, except she’s not masquerading as a health professional.

Reactions: 2
Just watched FOD stories - first thing he does is create a ‘story’ filming his small daughter asleep on the floor, my first thought would be to check she was ok and take her back to bed
how do you know he didnt

I haven't listened as I have teenagers now so am not really interested in birth stories but the argument that the podcasts aren't really hers as she is merely sharing others stories is an arguable one as surely its only the same as a chat show host sharing celebs stories.

Reactions: 1
how do you know he didnt

I haven't listened as I have teenagers now so am not really interested in birth stories but the argument that the podcasts aren't really hers as she is merely sharing others stories is an arguable one as surely its only the same as a chat show host sharing celebs stories.
Did you watch the story?

Reactions: 1
how do you know he didnt

The chat show host isn’t a medical professional though unless it’s embarrassing bodies and chat show hosts dont wear medical professional outfits to advertise their podcasts either do they

Seeing Clemmie’s stories of the clean bed FOD made for her makes me feel quite sad for him. He always seems to be trying to please her and I don’t get the impression he gets much back. It doesn’t seem like a very equal partnership but maybe that’s just how they play it for likes on the gram.

I suspect that back at university Simon was punching well above his weight when he got together with Clemmie, and he knew it. There's no denying that she was extremely pretty back then, I bet he couldn't believe his luck. Then she quickly fell pregnant which decided their future together.

I wonder when he realised she was just a very pretty shell? All that glitters is not gold, Simon. My DH certainly ain't pretty, and he's a bit scruffy around the edges. But he makes me feel really loved and like I'm always the most gorgeous woman in the room. He's the real gold.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I suspect that back at university Simon was punching well above his weight when he got together with Clemmie, and he knew it. There's no denying that she was extremely pretty back then, I bet he couldn't believe his luck. Then she quickly fell pregnant which decided their future together.

I wonder when he realised she was just a very pretty shell? All that glitters is not gold, Simon. My DH certainly ain't pretty, and he's a bit scruffy around the edges. But he makes me feel really loved and like I'm always the most gorgeous woman in the room. He's the real gold.
Well the new (no doubt free) hair is awful.

Actually scans are optional. I had my 12 week scan recently, and was OFFERED a 20/40 scan and it was explained why, and I was asked if I wished to attend for it. They're part of the screening programme, so yes, you can decline them, just like you can decline scans or blood tests, even if it's risky or dangerous to the baby. Being anti-vax affects not only the person who hasn't received the vaccine but also the wider community. Declining scans, which I don't agree with personally, doesn't have the same widespread risk, it's down to an individual. If she starts commentating on peoples choices or birth stories she veers into the arena of offering medical advice, rather than having a platform for people to tell their stories. I really dislike a lot of what she does and how she does it, but I can't be annoyed at her for sharing a womans story, midwives means with woman - whether you agree personally with their choices or not, they have the right to make unwise decisions and that can only be challenged if you think someone lacks capacity to make reasonable, safe choices.
I get what you are saying but the caption that mod put on her promo photo says no scans, not opted out of some. Personally I think that Maisie probably does lack the capacity to make reasonable, safe choices as she probably opted out of scans to have a good talking point. After all her main aim is selling people a dubious book about periods.

Reactions: 2
I get what you are saying but the caption that mod put on her promo photo says no scans, not opted out of some. Personally I think that Maisie probably does lack the capacity to make reasonable, safe choices as she probably opted out of scans to have a good talking point. After all her main aim is selling people a dubious book about periods.
On your last point why do we even need books about periods?? I’ve been having mine 24 years now and iv never once needed a manual on it despite currently have random issues with my ‘cycle’.

Women have been bleeding from their tuppys for bleeping millennia and have got by perfectly well without having some up her own arse, alternative therapy fanny warrior bleating on about them in a book that will end up filling the shelves of everyone’s local PoundLand.

God I am in a foul mood tonight and just having a gander at her insta page as made me almost spontaneously menstruate - I wonder if she’d like to put a chapter about that in her book.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
On your last point why do we even need books about periods?? I’ve been having mine 24 years now and iv never once needed a manual on it despite currently have random issues with my ‘cycle’.

Women have been bleeding from their tuppys for bleeping millennia and have got by perfectly well without having some up her own arse, alternative therapy fanny warrior bleating on about them in a book that will end up filling the shelves of everyone’s local PoundLand.

God I am in a foul mood tonight and just having a gander at her insta page as made me almost spontaneously menstruate - I wonder if she’d like to put a chapter about that in her book.
From what I can gather on her IG, she’s fed up of men making money from apps that track your menstrual cycle. So she’s giving it a go and going to try and make money from it with a book instead 🙄
Aside from that, I completely agree. What adult woman needs a book about menstruation telling them that they’ve been doing periods wrong all this time? The sheer arrogance of these people.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.