Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Instashamous

And, like clockwork, a pic of MOD a la scrubs appears .

I heard that if you say nanny 3 times in a mirror Clemmie in scrubs appears behind you to remind you she’s a selfless midwife ‘just trying to start a conversation’

• Haha
Reactions: 47

non binary coat

Chatty Member
I'm so so glad for MOD starting a conversation on homosexuality. I spent the summer touring around the country in a Winnebago attending pride events to inform them that they will all be burning in hell. But now I've decided love is love and popped off to Claire's accessories to get some rainbows to wear.

• Haha
Reactions: 35

Madbadsad

I wouldn’t worry because it absolutely didn’t happen
As a midwife I have to say -
A placenta is delivered straight into a tray and then put into a clinical waste bag. Both the tray and bag can be easily held with one hand. The other hand could quite easily hoik some trousers up. Plus you just wouldn’t just be wandering around carrying a placenta in the corridors. It makes no sense at all. Absolute bollocks. As people here have astutely said it is just done to make her more relatable/ seem like a lovely hardworking NHS midwife.
And that is so that she can continue with the elaborate marketing campaign the ODs have going. So irritating.

I don’t know how her managers allow it. To take photos in scrubs, on hospital property. I really don’t know how she gets away with it.

Also if someone has made a complaint to the NMC (this wont be the first she’s had). Would you not be a bit embarrassed and apologetic? Her response is absolutely unbelievable.

She’s been getting away with this behaviour for ages thinking she’s above it all. She’s not. It will all come to a hideous head I fear. Also slightly gleeful because she deserves to be called to account for her actions

Reactions: 34

GreyWolf

VIP Member
Noticed after looking at mana bear’s account she was taking Twinnies swimming on the day MOD went to Glastonbury. This caused me a scroll down MODs insta. Her podcast post the day before Glastonbury. She really is the worst instagrammer out there. So rude. She’s asked for feedback on what people want to hear on her podcast. She only has 144 responses, and yet she’s answered one question about her trainers, one about her dress and only one about the podcast. She’s completely ignored women bearing their souls and sharing personal experiences, no likes or hearts or responses. I would feel so hurt to share a personal experience and get no response. She’s even ignored a woman describing her loss at 23 weeks and having to deliver. She really is no midwife. Who could ignore that.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 32

Tothemoonandback

New thread name suggestion:

“When my Grid gets full of #pressdiscount plugs.... it’s time to whip out my saintly scrubs”

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31

CyanideKiss

Chatty Member
It's sickening. It's middle-class, happy-clappy, smugdom at its worst. Expectant Mums in 70% of the world would give anything to have access to things like scans. But they don't. And they and their unborn babies die, or suffer terrible consequences as a result.

This stupid woman has the luxury of indulging her happy-clappy nonsense, safe in the knowledge that IF something went wrong at birth then she has fast access to some of the best obstetrics care in the world.

She would be bluelighted to hospital. Emergency crash section. A minimum obstetric team of 11 in the operating theatre with her. The whole works. Just because she was too special to follow the recommended code of practice.

Entitled twat.

• Heart
Reactions: 30

mechanicmum

She’ll be rubbing her nipples with glee and oh my goodness that photo with FOD looking so grateful for attention whilst Clem tries in vain to get her lips to comfortably fit over the veneers as she manages to get comments from real life famous people 😂😂😂
View attachment 33467
And her comments about the wallpaper 😂 friends ‘in real life’ and then they comment that giving her free wallpaper made them actual friends, so cute.
So MOD Saint Clemmie of the NHS is friends with the Bransons? Yknow the Bransons who not only are dismantling the NHS and buying parts of it but also SUED THE NHS???

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 28

Sweettutu

Chatty Member
I put my kids in kids club for 3 hours or so after breakfast and then got them in time for lunch and then spent the remainder of the day with them, including dinner as a family. I work 5 days a week (not full time but once commute included... full fucking time) as does my husband, the morning off gives us a chance to catch our breath. For us it also means that the kids have 3 hours of organised fun, and then we are fresh to play properly the rest of the day. Without it we would basically resort to Prime Video on the iPad for an extra hour (or more) a day.

Using kids clubs (or having a nanny or a cleaner or a housekeeper or an ironing lady, a window cleaner, paying someone to clean the oven - altho the modern self-clean function 🤯) isn’t a judgement thing for me... lying about help is an offence and fucking being able to GOOGLE THEIR KIDS’ FULL NAMES AND DATES OF BIRTHS IS HORRIFIC.

• Sad
Reactions: 28

judsmum

Chatty Member
I had MANY cycles of IVF with immune treatment and had MANY miscarriages to get my son. He was a twin, but unfortunately at 10 weeks I started to bleed heavily and I was told as a matter of fact in A&E that I had lost both babies but as it was night there was no EPU until the next day. EPU scanned me the next morning to discover that whilst I had lost one twin the other was still going strong. Without that scan I wouldn’t have known and would perhaps have taken risks that I wouldn’t have done so had I have known.

At my 12 week scan it showed my son had a 2 vessel cord - something that can happen in twin pregnancies, it can sometimes harm babies kidneys - wouldn’t have known that without a scan.

My baby was large, he was almost 10lb when I had him at 37 weeks. I might not have been prepared for that without a scan.

Piss off with your faux-fashionable alternative birth stories. If you’re lucky you’ll have a baby out of your fanny or your belly, perhaps without scans you might not be so lucky.

Another thing that irritates the shit out of me is pregnancy, birth and parenting books like the one she’s promoting now. It’s been done to death and just like parenting magazines are absolute gash.

Scans are beneficial, baby books are not.

• Heart
Reactions: 27

QuiteTheChin

Can someone please enlighten me as to why would anyone choose not to have scans? They do no harm to the baby right?
They are completely safe. The podcast guest said she had seen lots of women whose scans had flagged a problem but that had turned out to be a mistake, and it caused unnecessary worry. She fails to mention the many more times a problem picked up at scan has dictated a change in treatment/early delivery etc that has saved the mother’s or baby’s lives.

Having had a stillborn baby myself I can unequivocally say that any anxiety as a result of an incorrect anomaly scan is completely incomparable to the anguish of losing your baby to a preventable problem (mine wasn’t because I didn’t have scans btw!).

• Sad
Reactions: 27

MrsMe

Dear Clemmie
I doubt you had loads of DM’s regarding the twins tantrum so instead why not say you had a look on Tattle? Kids have tantrums. Fact. Kids are challenging. Fact. Parenting isn’t always easy. Fact. Everyone records their kids having a tantrum and posts it online for a million people to see. Not a fact. If you do this people will comment. You and your husbands account is mainly about your kids. You make money off the back of it. Fact. So people are going to comment when your life is out there for everyone to see. That’s just the way it goes.
How do you raise women up? You block those who dare to question you or have a different opinion to you and have no problem yourself at having a go at someone when you want to and you’ve slated women in general in your latest post. Your comments are switched off on your stories showing you don’t want any interaction with people which makes you look unapproachable. No, weekends aren’t all sitting around eating strawberries and looking good on the beach. Weekends are about coming together with your kids and spending time with them and interacting and playing with them and all that goes with that including tantrums, arguing, dog barking etc. It’s called life. You just need to get on with it really.

• Heart
Reactions: 26

Mummykins

3 things from me:

1. Everything is an event for these people. Why does your night out have to be validated on line

2. Needless adjectives again. Wonderful folk music. Or just folk music

3. Yeah we get it .. a night away from the kids is nice. All this “space to breathe/ talk” etc. Well you live in a massive house and are constantly away doing one thing or another. Hardly an escape from the grind.

YOU CHOOSE TO SHARE YOUR LIVES PUBLICLY IN EXCHANGE FOR CONSUMABLE GOODS AND WE ARE FREE TO RIDICULE YOU FOR IT.

The other thing which really bugs me is the inefficient use of words. Try this:

“Escaped the rain for folk music and beer with my favourite adult”. (12 words)

Instead of this:

“Escaped the rain and autumnal temperatures to listen to some glorious folk music and sample some local beer with my favourite adult I share my life with” (27 words).

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 26

GreyWolf

VIP Member
Her story yesterday though... how many arguments are normal on the way to an airport?... well in your house Clemmie with your attitude and constant bitching and sniping, and FODs passive aggressive running commentary and trying to get shots for the gram, I’d imagine quite a few arguments would be normal.
For the rest of us very few as we’d all be so excited to be going on a relatively rare holiday with the family we want to go on holiday with, that we’d all be in good moods...

Can’t wait for the FOD run down of trying to go on holiday with a vulva that packs more than royalty and smaller vulvas that can’t be detached from their screens like limpets on a beachside rock and even smaller vulvas that are akin to herding cats and squeezing eels into a sandwich box whilst lying on the floor peeling #gifted wallpaper off the wall so mummy can get more free gifted wallpaper.
Gosh it’s going to be enlightening.

How do the gifted clothes fit in the gifted suitcases with the gifted devices and the gifted car seats and head to the gifted flight for the ad holiday. Must be so stressful.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24

ChesterDraws

The thing about her whole ‘be kind’ ‘lift women up’ diatribe is that it’s basically telling women who don’t agree with her to shut up. Don’t have an opinion, don’t voice it, don’t speak out about issues such as kids privacy, just be quiet and don’t challenge me 😏

For the record Clemmie, I don’t judge your children or their emotions, or that you might find some days or moments harder, I judge the way you handle it- online 🤭

Mum.est2014

He clearly didn’t serve any purpose on her feed until now, you gotta have the photo with the LGBTQ member at pride for the ‘gram 😂
Love how she made his coming out story all about her and how she was badly treated because of it. 🤣🤣

• Haha
  • Wow

Loobox

As a midwife I have to say -
A placenta is delivered straight into a tray and then put into a clinical waste bag. Both the tray and bag can be easily held with one hand. The other hand could quite easily hoik some trousers up. Plus you just wouldn’t just be wandering around carrying a placenta in the corridors. It makes no sense at all. Absolute bollocks. As people here have astutely said it is just done to make her more relatable/ seem like a lovely hardworking NHS midwife.
And that is so that she can continue with the elaborate marketing campaign the ODs have going. So irritating.

I don’t know how her managers allow it. To take photos in scrubs, on hospital property. I really don’t know how she gets away with it.

Also if someone has made a complaint to the NMC (this wont be the first she’s had). Would you not be a bit embarrassed and apologetic? Her response is absolutely unbelievable.

She’s been getting away with this behaviour for ages thinking she’s above it all. She’s not. It will all come to a hideous head I fear. Also slightly gleeful because she deserves to be called to account for her actions
Also a midwife and agree wholeheartedly with everything you’re saying. You’re very polite, I think she’s an arse!

Cariad

VIP Member
For those wondering about holidays for the ODs...I got this snippy reply from MOD when she'd had asked for holiday recommendations on IG about 18 months ago
'Hi Xxx thanks for your tips we have earmarked Antigua for my mums 70th in 2 years. Also I wanted to say that as a fellow nhs worker I really hope you don’t think this success and fortune happens over night. I have been at this since 2011 firstly through blogging and now through writing books and building followers through instagram. Nothing happened with a quick click of the fingers. It takes time and effort x'

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 23