MOD & FOD #5 Don't be fooled by the crap that I flog, I'm still I'm still Clemmie from the blog

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That story about westonebathrooms is another undeclared ad šŸ™„
What, no #pressdiscount? šŸ¤£

How does she make money from Gas and Air?
Itā€™s their LTD company name for one, but I donā€™t think she makes money from her G&A insta- probably wrong about that though šŸ˜‚

New thread?
ā€œReduced screen time with a secret nanny, now itā€™s adult headaches and admin on my fannyā€

I condensed your great suggestions @Tothemoonandback šŸ‘šŸ¼

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
How does she make money from Gas and Air?
They both became directors of gasandair ltd as a business and the blog and both Instagram accounts fall under the business so all the money generated by them is pooled in together. That is their business and job, alongside his actual job and her one shift a week.

Reactions: 2
They both became directors of gasandair ltd as a business and the blog and both Instagram accounts fall under the business so all the money generated by them is pooled in together. That is their business and job, alongside his actual job and her one shift a week.
But actually working on the GAs and Air blog doesnā€™t net any cash it appears....

• Haha
Re her washing posting, I cannot believe some of the posts from people (inc MoD) who let their kids get away with generating so much washing when something isnā€™t dirty. Also, her eldest daughter should now be helping with washing and sorting, even if it means giving her pocket money. I was the eldest of four and and was doing a lot of chores at that age.

All the book royalties too

Re her washing posting, I cannot believe some of the posts from people (inc MoD) who let their kids get away with generating so much washing when something isnā€™t dirty. Also, her eldest daughter should now be helping with washing and sorting, even if it means giving her pocket money. I was the eldest of four and and was doing a lot of chores at that age.
I dunnnooooo.. thatā€™s relatively small amount of washing for a family of 6 and she also said she chucks stuff upstairs if it isnā€™t dirty. Do you have lots of children because I sometimes find some comments on here seem like people with hardly any children. I may have misread this comment as it seems confusing and petty, so if I have got it wrong I apologise.

Last edited:
I dunnnooooo.. thatā€™s relatively small amount of washing for a family of 6 and she also said she chucks stuff upstairs if it isnā€™t dirty. Do you have lots of children because I sometimes find some comments on here seem like people with hardly any children. I may have misread this comment as it seems confusing and petty, so if I have got it wrong I apologise.
I wasnā€™t referring to the picture of the washing she posting, but the discussion in the comments. And no, I do not have lots of kids, thankfully. My mother taught me to deal with washing and ironing from a young age, as I am the eldest of four, as I
stated in my comment.

I wasnā€™t referring to the picture of the washing she posting, but the discussion in the comments. And no, I do not have lots of kids, thankfully. My mother taught me to deal with washing and ironing from a young age, as I am the eldest of four, as I
stated in my comment.
Ohhhh I didnā€™t read the comments šŸ¤¦šŸ¼ā€ā™€ļø I knew I was missing something. Thank you for clearing that up :)

I have loads of kids and do 4-6 loads a day. 8kg Miele #alsogifted but by relatives šŸ˜‚. I read the kids helping out comment and honestly, mine canā€™t really. I actually find it really hard to keep on top off and if one tries to help or puts a load on it really upsets my routine! Iā€™m very thankful for my loads of kids! But I agree, MODā€™s doesnā€™t look much and she has an entire area of the house to do it and then sort it and organise so really she should stfu. Lots of us have a washing machine in the kitchen!

Reactions: 5
Looks like she has a large utility room in which to sort the laundry + her washing machine & dryer were mega expensive #gifted Miele ones, I think + she only does one shift a week so has tonnes of time on her hands.

Boo boo, my heart just bleeds for you Clemmie. No, honestly it really, truly does.

Reactions: 4
Didnā€™t MOD once use a babysitting app when they lived in London, I remember a few followers being up in arms! šŸ§
I've worked in childcare since I was 16 and qualified when I was 18. I then did my degree in Early Years Childhood studies. I've worked in private Day nurseries and also as a Nanny. I'm back in a nursery and do private babysitting.

I'm Ofsted registered, have an Outstanding Ofsted report, Paediatric First Aid, Safeguarding trained and trained in Makaton and fully DBS checked.

I do general babysitting, sleep training, emergency overnight babysitting and my Christmas shopping cover days in December are already fully booked for this and part for next year.

My rates start at Ā£10ph. For a basic evening babysit, I bath the children, get them ready for bed and get them to be with a 15 min check through the night, a final check with either parent in the room when I leave and I take my own teabags, snacks etc. I also do a free meet before I sit for you so the children know me, especially if I'm sitting for someone I've never met and they say child will be asleep when I get there, as that child won't have a clue who I am should they wake up.

Yet the amount of people messaging me for babysitting and refuse to meet me before or try to barter my hourly rate down to Ā£3 an hour because that's what their 16 year old neighbour charges is crazy. It seems that a lot of people don't place a lot of value on their child and genuinely don't mind who looks after them. Bizarrely, one set of parents tried to knock my price down when they returned from their night out from Ā£10ph to Ā£2.50 per hour because they felt Ā£10 was too expensive for "watching our TV while the child is sleeping and doesn't actually require looking after as such".

So to hear that people use random babysitters without getting to know them doesn't surprise me at all. People often ask if I will babysit for free in return for a "glowing reference" and I've had someone asking for a weekends free babysitting in return for a mention on their Instagram page.

• Wow
Reactions: 23
I've worked in childcare since I was 16 and qualified when I was 18. I then did my degree in Early Years Childhood studies. I've worked in private Day nurseries and also as a Nanny. I'm back in a nursery and do private babysitting.

I'm Ofsted registered, have an Outstanding Ofsted report, Paediatric First Aid, Safeguarding trained and trained in Makaton and fully DBS checked.

I do general babysitting, sleep training, emergency overnight babysitting and my Christmas shopping cover days in December are already fully booked for this and part for next year.

My rates start at Ā£10ph. For a basic evening babysit, I bath the children, get them ready for bed and get them to be with a 15 min check through the night, a final check with either parent in the room when I leave and I take my own teabags, snacks etc. I also do a free meet before I sit for you so the children know me, especially if I'm sitting for someone I've never met and they say child will be asleep when I get there, as that child won't have a clue who I am should they wake up.

Yet the amount of people messaging me for babysitting and refuse to meet me before or try to barter my hourly rate down to Ā£3 an hour because that's what their 16 year old neighbour charges is crazy. It seems that a lot of people don't place a lot of value on their child and genuinely don't mind who looks after them. Bizarrely, one set of parents tried to knock my price down when they returned from their night out from Ā£10ph to Ā£2.50 per hour because they felt Ā£10 was too expensive for "watching our TV while the child is sleeping and doesn't actually require looking after as such".

So to hear that people use random babysitters without getting to know them doesn't surprise me at all. People often ask if I will babysit for free in return for a "glowing reference" and I've had someone asking for a weekends free babysitting in return for a mention on their Instagram page.
That is shocking , particularly your last sentence.

Reactions: 7
Am guessing that poor, down-trodden Clemmie is just building up to the big reveal. The #gifted #ad #pressdiscount holiday.......... come on Clemmie, do tell.

That has actually really shocked me!!

Reactions: 5
Am guessing that poor, down-trodden Clemmie is just building up to the big reveal. The #gifted #ad #pressdiscount holiday.......... come on Clemmie, do tell.
Shall we guess where theyā€™re jetting off to ?

Portugal
Greece.
Croatia.

I donā€™t think itā€™ll be long haul because of the youngest two.

Reactions: 3

My sister is just like you. And I canā€™t tell you the amount of people who are surprised that she has a degree (and a masters!) ā€œjust to look after babiesā€. Is so disrespectful. Iā€™ll be forever grateful to the lovely ladies at my kids nursery who helped them become the people they are today

Portugal
Greece.
Croatia.

Turkey or Spain. A nice villa

Reactions: 8

Portugal
Greece.
Croatia.

Disney still makes me smile. They couldnā€™t hide how utterly awful it was with toddler twins šŸ˜‚

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.