MOD & FOD #5 Don't be fooled by the crap that I flog, I'm still I'm still Clemmie from the blog

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That has actually really shocked me!!
Doesn’t shock me, but makes me sad and angry. I used to do a lot of babysitting and have been treated shockingly in the past, and by people I had known for a long time. Not getting paid afterwards for weeks on end and having to keep asking. Parents arriving home drunk hours late and not getting me a cab home, the one time I hadn’t driven. Negotiating a flat rate for an evening, then asking me to come earlier I.e. 2 hours earlier and them coming back later and later, 2 hrs later for the same amount, so they wanted me there for an extra 4 hours without paying any extra.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
I've worked in childcare since I was 16 and qualified when I was 18. I then did my degree in Early Years Childhood studies. I've worked in private Day nurseries and also as a Nanny. I'm back in a nursery and do private babysitting.

I'm Ofsted registered, have an Outstanding Ofsted report, Paediatric First Aid, Safeguarding trained and trained in Makaton and fully DBS checked.

I do general babysitting, sleep training, emergency overnight babysitting and my Christmas shopping cover days in December are already fully booked for this and part for next year.

My rates start at £10ph. For a basic evening babysit, I bath the children, get them ready for bed and get them to be with a 15 min check through the night, a final check with either parent in the room when I leave and I take my own teabags, snacks etc. I also do a free meet before I sit for you so the children know me, especially if I'm sitting for someone I've never met and they say child will be asleep when I get there, as that child won't have a clue who I am should they wake up.

Yet the amount of people messaging me for babysitting and refuse to meet me before or try to barter my hourly rate down to £3 an hour because that's what their 16 year old neighbour charges is crazy. It seems that a lot of people don't place a lot of value on their child and genuinely don't mind who looks after them. Bizarrely, one set of parents tried to knock my price down when they returned from their night out from £10ph to £2.50 per hour because they felt £10 was too expensive for "watching our TV while the child is sleeping and doesn't actually require looking after as such".

So to hear that people use random babysitters without getting to know them doesn't surprise me at all. People often ask if I will babysit for free in return for a "glowing reference" and I've had someone asking for a weekends free babysitting in return for a mention on their Instagram page.
I’ve used a couple of Bubble babysitters and they’ve all been pretty much of your pedigree - and I’ve paid for it, £10-£12 an hour. I kind of feel if I’m trusting someone with pretty much all my worldly possessions, let alone my kid, I want to pay for someone who is trustworthy and reliable. I’ve always met them and introduced them to my kid as well, because they’d freak the eff out if they woke and there was a random person coming to comfort them 😬

• Heart
Reactions: 3
My money is on somewhere cool and boho. Possibly Ibiza (away from clubbing central) or Mallorca.

Reactions: 1
See he’s posting for the sympathy vote now. Screaming twins and non stop barking dog. Dog should have gone with others for more training because trying to train with screaming three year olds isn’t going to work.

Reactions: 4
See he’s posting for the sympathy vote now. Screaming twins and non stop barking dog. Dog should have gone with others for more training because trying to train with screaming three year olds isn’t going to work.
FoD always plays the martyr , I have little sympathy for him.

Reactions: 5
That damn ‘dyslexia’ again 🙄.

Disclaimer : I’m not taking the piss out of people who have dyslexia, just MoD who uses it to cover her fuckin’ appalling spelling .
MOD, The Other Clemmie, The Frugality .... so many “dyslexic” influencers 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 2
I know what you mean about it not making sense, they have dyslexia so make a career out of writing a blog, why? It's like being crap at maths so deciding to become an accountant, or squeemish and hating the sight of blood, and becoming a surgeon. People normally play to their strengths not their weaknesses.

We need a new thread, difficult because the current thread name is the best one ever 😂 I hate that song, it has the smuggest, most arrogant lyrics, and now I can't get the damn thing out of my head.

Reactions: 4
FODs dyslexia was out there way before MODs. Almost like she couldn’t just let him have that reason for poor grammar or spelling.

Reactions: 1
Maybe just entitle the new thread. No. 2 Don’t be Fooled etc etc.

Reactions: 2
Maybe just entitle the new thread. No. 2 Don’t be Fooled etc etc.
It doesn’t have to rhyme , I’m clearly shite at this so I’ll vote for any of the others although I do like

‘ Clemmie and Simon sitting by the sea , we’re rolling in cash and get it for free’

Reactions: 8
Clemmie and Simon, moaning by the sea, we get boatloads with our
sprogs as commodities.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.