MOD & FOD #5 Don't be fooled by the crap that I flog, I'm still I'm still Clemmie from the blog

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Him reeling off song names from Wikipedia to jump on a death bandwagon is some of his best content. " idol" sounds better than the singer of one #1 song he bought and liked as teen.

Fod strikes me as stingy, if this idol had of been behind him in a newsagents and 10p short for a pint of milk I couldn't picture him helping.

Both mod and for strike me as people that when seeing a fundraiser for a cause they really agree with they'd do a shout-out and not give a penny of their own money, then congratulate themselves on how much they helped.

Reactions: 15
It's all pretence, smoke and (gifted) ornate mirrors. They want their followers to believe that these Insta images are genuinely spontaneous, candid snap shots of their oh so glossy lives filled with shiny stuff.

The reality is that these images are very far from candid. They are heavily staged and rehearsed 'photo shoots' using gifted props.

They're exactly the same as glossy images in magazines. Exactly the same. Except you don't know exactly when the models menstruate (thank God) and advertising law forbids the use of comprising child images.

Reactions: 10
Kids all posed for a family tit to show they’re managed to cram all their #gifted crap in their car as they’re like, so totally relatable and are just like us (well, if you’re rich, a pretentious twit and oh so smug!) 😂

Reactions: 6
With a million followers he's getting 10-20k for the advert. Just how hard is it to take a few selfies and write a paragraph? I've spent years writing a book to make that and people praise fod for a few selfies with a BBQ that he's being paid to take. Stop the world I want to get off
View attachment 30126
I doubt very much that his followers know what his payment fee is. They probably think he just gets the product for free.

Reactions: 5
P
Err wasn’t there a post about festivals?? No screens in a patronising way??? A tub full of headphones etc and in the car with screens what appears to be iPads and a daughter on her own screen too...Pot Kettle? I also cut the top pic as the daughter on the floor had her crotch/leg view which I didn’t think was appropriate.Honestly anything for likes and attention, so fake.
And Clemmie on his comments is so lame, how much work he puts into his ads selling his kids, so sweet... he NEVER comments on hers!!

View attachment 30108View attachment 30109
So, all his ads promoting limiting screen time were a case of do as I say, not as I do :rolleyes::unsure:

Reactions: 6
I think Instagram should have the dislike option as well as the like I think that would give a truer reflection of people’s opinion
I hope getting rid of likes does come to UK Instagram, it will be interesting to see how engagement is then measured for ads etc

We live in a country with a free press (kind of...), where we are free to criticise and offer dissenting opinions. Clemmie wants it both ways: claim 'press discount' for her 'editorial content' but silence any dissent, including here.

The one time she should have stepped in to delete racist hate speech she failed to do so, iirc

• Wow
Reactions: 11
Morning Clemmie, couple of points, if I may. Nobody should ever feel validated by numbers (unless they are Donald Trump. You're not Donald Trump, are you?), we are validated by our behaviour, our treatment of others.
If you really don't know who your customer base is then maybe start by modelling your average pitch on yourself, the relatable little family you market yourself as. You know, the young family, the junior manager dad, the mum who works one day a week, the struggles they face, the money worries they have........ all the usual relatable stuff that young families encounter.
You might also give some thought to the things you flog. I am sure Weber would have paid you well to advertise something more realistic - so much better to offer people things they can afford rather than leaving them diminished by what they can't afford.
Brand Hooper have chosen to be a vulgar/flashy brand, promoting envy and diminishment amongst your customer base. Fine. It's a plan. But don't be brittle, thin-skinned and aggressive when people disagree. Suck it up and develop good grace - you will come across so much better.
And lastly, when you are being paid thousands to sell products, it is just a professional courtesy to spell their name right. The company paying your bills is Weber, not Webber.
What is concerning is that greystripes has now made her account private, her comment now has 41 likes and 16 (chiefly fangirl) responses, and if I’m correct last night when she was not private, she’d been blocked. So she can’t even delete the comment made on the post which is predictably turning into a MOFOD appreciation society.
How is that fair? They keep the post up and look like they are engaging but then they block everyone who chips in if they aren’t fangirls.

What is concerning is that greystripes has now made her account private, her comment now has 41 likes and 16 (chiefly fangirl) responses, and if I’m correct last night when she was not private, she’d been blocked. So she can’t even delete the comment made on the post which is predictably turning into a MOFOD appreciation society.
How is that fair? They keep the post up and look like they are engaging but then they block everyone who chips in if they aren’t fangirls.
Yes I checked last night before she went private and looked like she was indeed blocked. Such a joke and as you say by them leaving it up it *looks* like they’re accepting criticism but they are doing anything but.

Reactions: 3
Yes I checked last night before she went private and looked like she was indeed blocked. Such a joke and as you say by them leaving it up it *looks* like they’re accepting criticism but they are doing anything but.
The volume of people who wade in to defend these money making strangers is bizarre!!

How amusing, 51 people have liked it now and one is
989B7436-05B6-458C-A77C-FD5C4C98ACF8.jpeg

How hilarious she’ll now be blocked!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
Clemmie - " FOD puts a lot of time and effort into those ads - with over a million followers to cater too “

Clemmie stop buying followers then and stick to the 13 people that think putting your children sat on a potty - in the shower - in a swimming pool changing room is normal parent behaviour ?

If you didnt show your children no one would follow you ....you are using the children as income

. However a lot of pervy men and woman are downloading your children .... you disgust me
Also when you talk your teeth whistle ...go back an get the dentures re fitted

Clemmie - " FOD puts a lot of time and effort into those ads - with over a million followers to cater too “

Clemmie stop buying followers then and stick to the 13 people that think putting your children sat on a potty - in the shower - in a swimming pool changing room is normal parent behaviour ?

If you didnt show your children no one would follow you ....you are using the children as income

. However a lot of pervy men and woman are downloading your children .... you disgust me
Also when you talk your teeth whistle ...go back an get the dentures re fitted
It’s this constant ‘we are doing this for you’ which really makes her look dreadful. I can’t imagine she has any true friends as she’s so self obsessed and entitled.

Reactions: 9

Aaaand it begins - do you want me to start with the comments??

Joint income of these 3 (no idea who the other smug ones are) - £600k+??? Assume they blog/are influencers - who isn’t these days??

Twin family hair resemblance. But her lurex glittery clothing is just urgh. All the open mouthed gurning too.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Oh God, so it's started. All the 'totes hilaire' photos of white, middle class women 'living their best life' with their amazingly fierce, beautiful, inspirational best mates (who they've actually only really met a handful of times at various Instagram promos). All whilst wearing body glitter and obligatory quirky (gifted) accessories.

Give me strength.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Morning Clemmie, couple of points, if I may. Nobody should ever feel validated by numbers (unless they are Donald Trump. You're not Donald Trump, are you?), we are validated by our behaviour, our treatment of others.
If you really don't know who your customer base is then maybe start by modelling your average pitch on yourself, the relatable little family you market yourself as. You know, the young family, the junior manager dad, the mum who works one day a week, the struggles they face, the money worries they have........ all the usual relatable stuff that young families encounter.
You might also give some thought to the things you flog. I am sure Weber would have paid you well to advertise something more realistic - so much better to offer people things they can afford rather than leaving them diminished by what they can't afford.
Brand Hooper have chosen to be a vulgar/flashy brand, promoting envy and diminishment amongst your customer base. Fine. It's a plan. But don't be brittle, thin-skinned and aggressive when people disagree. Suck it up and develop good grace - you will come across so much better.
And lastly, when you are being paid thousands to sell products, it is just a professional courtesy to spell their name right. The company paying your bills is Weber, not Webber.
Wotcha clem 👋

Attachments

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.