MOD & FOD #5 Don't be fooled by the crap that I flog, I'm still I'm still Clemmie from the blog

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
With a million followers he's getting 10-20k for the advert. Just how hard is it to take a few selfies and write a paragraph? I've spent years writing a book to make that and people praise fod for a few selfies with a BBQ that he's being paid to take. Stop the world I want to get off
PSX_20190725_221813.jpg

Reactions: 13
I wonder how pissed off she is that he's got a million followers and she's quite some way behind. If Weber do a broad price range, why not mention that there's "one for most budgets" in the #ad? Because you've got the flashiest one to flog!!
Weber do a cheaper range weve got a small portable one ..it was about £15 in the b&q sale...i also have a more expensive one that my brother bought me as a wedding pressie 18 years ago it was approx £100 ...its still in perfect condition and will probably last for another 18 its very well made ....but im not tight but £1,000+ on something that's used a couple of days a year seems out of most people's price range

Reactions: 8
Weber do a cheaper range weve got a small portable one ..it was about £15 in the b&q sale...i also have a more expensive one that my brother bought me as a wedding pressie 18 years ago it was approx £100 ...its still in perfect condition and will probably last for another 18 its very well made ....but im not tight but £1,000+ on something that's used a couple of days a year seems out of most people's price range
It was MOD, part of the brand who’ve been paid to advertise them who stated their prices ranged from £150... which I still think is pure twattery on her behalf as many #nhs workers probably couldn’t stretch to £150 on a bbq.

Reactions: 7
I think MNHQ did the Mumsnet population a disservice by not allowing those conversations to continue. It is clear from the Tattle threads the negative impact that Instamums have had on new mothers, and speaking about it helps. The threads also moved so fast, much faster than anything I’ve ever seen on Mumsnet before. I spend more time on Tattle now.

Reactions: 21
Oh my god I checked all the accounts who had liked it (ones that weren’t private that is) and none of them follow FOD so they have totally been blocked!! 😂😂😂
I was one of the 27!! Classic 😂 - think it’s one of the few times I’ve ever bothered to agree / disagree / comment on anything written on their threads but I really felt the poster was making a valid and articulate point. That’s engagement- not trolling! Brands actually need to see it - it’s called market research. They really do need to stop taking everything so bloody personally. I was commenting on Weber’s misguided targeting on this occasion rather than FODs ramblings - how utterly pathetic and petulant! #fulldisclosure....I work in PR and marketing and represent a number of leading brands who are increasingly using so-called influencers to promote their campaigns and products. We spend a huge amount of time community managing, monitoring comments and responding accordingly. We rarely leave it up to the “content creator” to do it. They’re the platform, not the professionals. Funnily enough, “blocking” is not usually presented to clients as part of our strategy 🙄 She does herself such a disservice - she’s probably a lovely person IRL but comes across as absolutely vile on the grid. Shame....

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Ah thanks for saying that. But I get a lot from my job (as well as the money!) if that makes sense.

That is very sad about her local unit. Notice Clemmie hasn’t mentioned that 🤔

Our local beautiful birth centre has been shut for nearly a year because of lack of funding/ midwives. And our in hospital midwife unit is frequently shut and women have to go to Delivery Suite instead.

It irritates me that these are the kind of things I believe Clemmie should be talking about. Not some bloody new bathroom tiles #pressdiscount
Thats sad i assume you South West as i gave birth at the lovely birth centre..
In fact mod has visited that centre and is freindly with couple of midwives as she trained as midwife locally.
I was shocked to see pic of my 2 midwives i saw with last baby photographed with mod on her insta grid.
Shes not mentioned the tragedy if this unit being shut or her local one.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Morning Clemmie, couple of points, if I may. Nobody should ever feel validated by numbers (unless they are Donald Trump. You're not Donald Trump, are you?), we are validated by our behaviour, our treatment of others.
If you really don't know who your customer base is then maybe start by modelling your average pitch on yourself, the relatable little family you market yourself as. You know, the young family, the junior manager dad, the mum who works one day a week, the struggles they face, the money worries they have........ all the usual relatable stuff that young families encounter.
You might also give some thought to the things you flog. I am sure Weber would have paid you well to advertise something more realistic - so much better to offer people things they can afford rather than leaving them diminished by what they can't afford.
Brand Hooper have chosen to be a vulgar/flashy brand, promoting envy and diminishment amongst your customer base. Fine. It's a plan. But don't be brittle, thin-skinned and aggressive when people disagree. Suck it up and develop good grace - you will come across so much better.
And lastly, when you are being paid thousands to sell products, it is just a professional courtesy to spell their name right. The company paying your bills is Weber, not Webber.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I think MNHQ did the Mumsnet population a disservice by not allowing those conversations to continue. It is clear from the Tattle threads the negative impact that Instamums have had on new mothers, and speaking about it helps. The threads also moved so fast, much faster than anything I’ve ever seen on Mumsnet before. I spend more time on Tattle now.
Mumsnet sadly deleted several influencers threads.
I learnt last year they work with influencers as this mama life was paid by mumsnet for remembrance day campaign.
So basically they like channel mum.
Just not as obvious.

Reactions: 11
Mumsnet sadly silenced those of us with a voice and an alternative view as they seem to place these Instamums on a pedestal- so much for freedom of speech....they seem to forget that the vast majority of their audience are normal families muddling through parenting and do not need to made to feel inadequate by not being able to afford the latest brands/fad/tat...not realising that these 'influencers ' are paid / sent goods....a reality check is most definitely in order for MOD/FOD et al

Reactions: 15
Har har har and I really really doubt they ‘wince’ when they post ADs. I don’t care if she sits eating chocolate strawberries 24/7 it’s the ADs, humblebragging, inability to interact with the majority of people that respond, blocking and deleting any tiny negative response, flogging their children whilst cracking on it’s just a glimpse of their everyday life etc

Attachments

Reactions: 5
So I've read through this one as I was brought here by PTWM.

I cant help but feel sorry for mod and fod. I feel they're very damned If they do and very damned it they dont.

So I understand that people are angry She does 1 shift a week for nhs? But if she left her role as a midwife. Would there be a witch hunt for 'wasting'her nhs training and there is a shortage of midwives. Shes been very lucky to have been snapped up, get paid for the ads and all that. If she makes so much, she could technically leave? So makes me wonder why she hasnt? Is that because she actually enjoys her role still and doesnt want to step back from it?

I understand they are crap for #gifted #ad they must whince everytime they gotta post it, as they know they're gonna get hate. But hey if your getting laid to use something that you think is good and worth while. I cannot knock them. However, if they start doing bombod and carfumes (geordie shore paradise!) Then yes I'd have to agree.

I dont think clemmie has always been this snappy. I think shes defensive and sensitive. I feel shes got her back up as she does get quite bit of hate, so shes had to 'harden's up. Where as you can tell, simon doesnt care and he doesnt take it to heart.

Refuse to comment on appearance. My pet hate. Not my bag guys.

Yes they over expose their children, but I have thay pet hate even with my friends and family who leave their pages public!
You feel sorry for them? Why are you here? They don’t feel sorry for themselves they are enjoying every minute of wealth they sell their children for.
Who said they were angry she works one shift a week? She uses her one shift a week to base her USP on, it’s something she’s shared she does in her spare time, when she’s not influencing people to buy crap.
Not sure why you are trying to take some moral high ground with your ‘pet hate’ and ‘not my bag guys’ no one cares whether it is or not. Apart from her at times awful gifted clothes and collaborated teeth extensions, appearance is not discussed. So the aspects of appearance discussed are #ad or #gifted, what she is actually trying to sell you 🙄.
Are your friends who over expose their children sat with £240k in the bank, new house and private schools from selling their kids or do you just get sick of all the photos they share?
Sorry but coming on to a discussion and trying to come across as better than everyone else and put them in their place taking the moral high ground, is my pet hate and not my bag.

Har har har and I really really doubt they ‘wince’ when they post ADs. I don’t care if she sits eating chocolate strawberries 24/7 it’s the ADs, humblebragging, inability to interact with the majority of people that respond, blocking and deleting any tiny negative response, flogging their children whilst cracking on it’s just a glimpse of their everyday life etc
Bless them. Wincing away as they rub their hands in glee and pat themselves on the back that the curly haired moppets have earned them another £20k advert, but oh so annoying that there will be a dissenting few who try to ruin it for them by suggesting that a £2.3k rap singing, FOD dancing BBQ isn’t really affordable for most people. How tedious to have to delete these irritants.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
I think MNHQ did the Mumsnet population a disservice by not allowing those conversations to continue. It is clear from the Tattle threads the negative impact that Instamums have had on new mothers, and speaking about it helps.
Mumsnet like channel mum and all the others is just about making money, it's all lies that they are out ot help people. Mumsnet get big money from brands to partner with influencers so they don't want any conversation that could affect their bottom line.

Reactions: 12
I think Instagram should have the dislike option as well as the like I think that would give a truer reflection of people’s opinion

Reactions: 22
I think Instagram should have the dislike option as well as the like I think that would give a truer reflection of people’s opinion
At the money, that would be my most over-used button - so much crap on insta that I’ve actually gone back to looking at Facebook 😂

I dont think clemmie has always been this snappy. I think shes defensive and sensitive. I feel shes got her back up as she does get quite bit of hate, so shes had to 'harden's up. Where as you can tell, simon doesnt care and he doesnt take it to heart
No, she hasn’t always been this snappy. In fact, I reckon her snarkiness started rouandabout the time people started to see through her flogging her lifestyle and family for £££’s. Funny that.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
At the money, that would be my most over-used button - so much crap on insta that I’ve actually gone back to looking at Facebook 😂
It would just be used as the blocking tool! Like liking a comment that questions things. It’s so ridiculous that they bother to see who’s liked a remotely negative comment and then block them. People who make advertising content and press don’t get to block everyone on a daily basis!
They must be seething that tattlers discuss them.

Reactions: 4
She could win by either stopping always putting it first and foremost that she's a midwife or do less influencing and a normal number of part time hours.

Why do her supporters always go on about commenting on appearance. 0.5% of messages are that and even those are just commenting on the gifted fake teeth she chose to have.

Is there anyone here at bestival? Is there a way to find other people's stories of them?

I want to cringe so hard at their music battle while he plays firestarter and mod chips in with independent woman 😂

Reactions: 3
Why th need for the second bit? Just comes across as bitchy and snide. Fod is her husband and all part of the brand
PhotoEditor_20190726_100444134.jpg

• Wow
Why th need for the second bit? Just comes across as bitchy and snide. Fod is her husband and all part of the brand
View attachment 30167
It’s a brand 😂 the ‘of daughters’, gas & air, of course it’s her ad too. Such a dozy muppet. They have a joint business. Honestly I cannot fathom what she is doing.

Is there anyone here at bestival? Is there a way to find other people's stories of them?

I want to cringe so hard at their music battle while he plays firestarter and mod chips in with independent woman 😂
Maybe he’ll dedicate his set to his idol Keith.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.