MOD & FOD #5 Don't be fooled by the crap that I flog, I'm still I'm still Clemmie from the blog

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've also been reading along for a while and not commented! I was completely taken in by her 2 years ago and bought her book. I also live near her and would see her around and thought she looked so cool and together!

I had my baby at Kings and had a great experience with the midwives that looked after me. But I did encounter St Clemmie who was bought in post birth to examine me as I had some damage! I told her I had read her book and she made what I felt with hindsight was quite a sarky comment about had I read that section of her book on tearing...

I too feel stupid for being suckered into the whole instamum world what you "must" buy etc. I've unfollowed most of them but MOD remains a bit of a guilty pleasure though I now won't let myself buy anything she recommends!!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
But I told her I had read her book and she made what I felt with hindsight was quite a sarky comment about had I read that section of her book on tearing...
What a cow! Sometimes you can buy the oils, contort yourself in the bath, massage the right places, breathe instead of pushing and you’ll STILL tear!

Perhaps the NHS should start giving away a copy of her book at every woman’s booking appointment. We’d never have women suffering with prolapses or incontinence again thanks to her groundbreaking, never-before-seen information!

Reactions: 12
..... #whatclemmiesaid. As ambiguous and disingenuous as ever. Just like #pressdiscount it is all about being vague and swirling - need to maintain that relatable image though! (Good to see she is reading though)
Couldn't face the train everyday 😂. Did she not just work the one shift while she lived in LDN?

Reactions: 3
I've also been reading along for a while and not commented! I was completely taken in by her 2 years ago and bought her book. I also live near her and would see her around and thought she looked so cool and together!

I had my baby at Kings and had a great experience with the midwives that looked after me. But I did encounter St Clemmie who was bought in post birth to examine me as I had some damage! I told her I had read her book and she made what I felt with hindsight was quite a sarky comment about had I read that section of her book on tearing...

I too feel stupid for being suckered into the whole instamum world what you "must" buy etc. I've unfollowed most of them but MOD remains a bit of a guilty pleasure though I now won't let myself buy anything she recommends!!
That's so unprofessional. I'd complain to Kings.... I'm gobsmacked

Reactions: 14
That's so unprofessional. I'd complain to Kings.... I'm gobsmacked
At the time I just brushed it off and thought she doesn't come across as nice in person as she does on Instagram! If I had another baby at Kings I would politely decline to have care from her!

Reactions: 18
View attachment 30033
Ah bless Clemmie, we have a lot of ideas about what to say - the truth!! you money-grabbing, DJ wannabe 😂
She wasn’t killing with kindness. She was sarcastic in a passive aggressive way.
I don’t see much kindness from her. That’s half the trouble.
If you put yourself out there you will get tit back. Especially if there is an incongruence between your ‘message’ and your actual message.
It’s a strange mixture of needing all this external validation from the fan girls. But not having the emotional maturity to have a thicker skin and take any kind of criticism.

Reactions: 20
Killed with kindness ?😁.

Petulant, sarcastic and evasive springs to mind over pretend kindness.

I feel ‘slides into my dm’s’ such a bleeping neauseating expression.

...and yes Clemmie you were a dick about your hoof queries , Simon does have a little more dignity than you ( that includes his vasectomy chat)

Reactions: 19
She obviously reads this. Why else address it in her stories.

She can’t come back onto the threads after the mumsnet disaster so I suppose stories is the only way.

Can the mods publish the traffic for this thread? Would be interesting to know ish the number of unique users who come and read!

And yes, her comment on tearing sounds appalling. And smug.

So she gave birth naturally and didn’t tear. Doesn’t mean that she’s at all representative. I remember watching a derren brown show about predicting horse racing (just googled - the system). With childbirth (and most of the rest of life) not cause and effect, it’s luck of the bloody draw.

For every woman that massages her vagina and hypnobirths and has a beautiful labour that lasts an hour and a half, there are 28 who have a bleeping shocker and nearly die.

Reactions: 11

She can’t come back onto the threads after the mumsnet disaster so I suppose stories is the only way.

Can the mods publish the traffic for this thread? Would be interesting to know ish the number of unique users who come and read!

And yes, her comment on tearing sounds appalling. And smug.

So she gave birth naturally and didn’t tear. Doesn’t mean that she’s at all representative. I remember watching a derren brown show about predicting horse racing (just googled - the system). With childbirth (and most of the rest of life) not cause and effect, it’s luck of the bloody draw.

For every woman that massages her vagina and hypnobirths and has a beautiful labour that lasts an hour and a half, there are 28 who have a bleeping shocker and nearly die.
People like MOD and other hypnobirthing advocates put far too much pressure onto women. I’ve had friends say they felt like failures because they ended up needing forceps or other interventions by doctors, no no no you’re supposed to be happy that you’ve just met your baby! You’re not a failure because it didn’t go how these people tell you it should!

Reactions: 15
People like MOD and other hypnobirthing advocates put far too much pressure onto women. I’ve had friends say they felt like failures because they ended up needing forceps or other interventions by doctors, no no no you’re supposed to be happy that you’ve just met your baby! You’re not a failure because it didn’t go how these people tell you it should!
She’s just so urgh!! Was going to type more, but you’ve put it ☝🏻 so well, so I’ll stick with ‘she’s just so urgh!’

Reactions: 5
For a Midwife she’s talking utter bollocks with regard to the Mum who has written about her personal experience of meeting her.

I’m 51 ( old bird) and massaged my perinium with oil ( long before ol’ St Clem was on the Insta Wagon) but I still tore a little, I gave birth to big bruisers <wince>

We all birth differently and in spite of our best efforts things don’t always go according to our plans.

All we want is our baby after birth .

Reactions: 7

She definitely knows of its existence, Clemmie and Simon hooper threatened legal action through their agents if all the threads weren't deleted within 24 hours, several months ago. Admin spent a long time over multiple emails telling the agent how strict the rules are and to provide a list of posts they want to be investigated and were promised they would be looked into as a priority. They never did give a list of posts and only wanted all the threads deleted and nothing spoken about them.

Don't know about this thread, but over 350k different devices access tattle last month. Although some could be the same person on a different device.

• Wow
Reactions: 21
For a Midwife she’s talking utter bollocks with regard to the Mum who has written about her personal experience of meeting her.

I’m 51 ( old bird) and massaged my perinium with oil ( long before ol’ St Clem was on the Insta Wagon) but I still tore a little, I gave birth to big bruisers <wince>

We all birth differently and in spite of our best efforts things don’t always go according to our plans.

All we want is our baby after birth .
I read her book (it was utter shite) and have had a number of births. I have never found my perinium let alone massaged the bastard. I found myself quite busy and not inclined to do so. I never tore once, I consider myself very lucky with my child birth experiences. Reading a tit book won’t help. It’s just something no one can predict.

• Heart
  • Haha
And, let's not forget her pressurising expectant Mums to 'invest' in a statement biker jacket costing ££££££s and booking themselves in for pricey Brazilian waxing for the all important 'fanny admin'.

I think we can all agree that any expectant Mum, who wanted to be the best Mum she could, would need to purchase these 'essentials'.

Reactions: 10
And, let's not forget her pressurising expectant Mums to 'invest' in a statement biker jacket costing ££££££s and booking themselves in for pricey Brazilian waxing for the all important 'fanny admin'.

I think we can all agree that any expectant Mum, who wanted to be the best Mum she could, would need to purchase these 'essentials'.
‘Fanny admin’ 😂 WTF?? Isn’t there enough to do/concentrate on when you’re pregnant rather than ‘fanny admin’ - I couldn’t reach round my huuuuge bumps and guess what, I didn’t give a tit - not sure the Dr’s/many medical professionals at my 1st birth cared as they were too busy trying to get my baby out (9lb 14oz, back to back, Worn off epidural and stuck - anyone feeling that ‘ouch’ moment yet and wincing??) and when I had my daughter, she was born via c-section and a lady helpfully shaved the top of my special place for me anyway 😂

Reactions: 5

The fanny admin really pissed me off. Midwives honestly do not care about pubic hair. If you want to do something with your pubic hair for you go for it. But women should never be made to feel they should or would be judged for it.
Another classic example of her true message being the opposite of empowering or real.

She definitely knows of its existence, Clemmie and Simon hooper threatened legal action through their agents if all the threads weren't deleted within 24 hours, several months ago. Admin spent a long time over multiple emails telling the agent how strict the rules are and to provide a list of posts they want to be investigated and were promised they would be looked into as a priority. They never did give a list of posts and only wanted all the threads deleted and nothing spoken about them.

Don't know about this thread, but over 350k different devices access tattle last month. Although some could be the same person on a different device.
Interesting 🤔
Why do they care?
Might it affect their advertising revenue?
I find the majority of the stuff on here intelligent and articulate.

Reactions: 8
The fanny admin really pissed me off. Midwives honestly do not care about pubic hair. If you want to do something with your pubic hair for you go for it. But women should never be made to feel they should or would be judged for it.
Another classic example of her true message being the opposite of empowering or real.
All these things just put more and more pressure on mums - fanny admin is the least of your issues - so glad that Instagram wasn’t around when I had severe PND and didn’t feel good enough - some of this tit I read now about the latest must haves, hypnobirthing, fanny admin etc just makes me go arghhhh!

I read her book (it was utter shite) and have had a number of births. I have never found my perinium let alone massaged the bastard. I found myself quite busy and not inclined to do so. I never tore once, I consider myself very lucky with my child birth experiences. Reading a tit book won’t help. It’s just something no one can predict.
When tens of thousands of birthing mums and their babies die needlessly every year in undeveloped countries, due to lack of modern medicine and procedures - it's the height of smug, thoughtlessness to imply that women have somehow 'failed' if they needed medical intervention during labour.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
When tens of thousands of birthing mums and their babies die needlessly every year in undeveloped countries, due to lack of modern medicine and procedures - it's the height of smug, thoughtlessness to imply that women have somehow 'failed' if they needed medical intervention during labour.
As much as she’s a dick I don’t think she’s saying that?

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.