MOD & FOD #5 Don't be fooled by the crap that I flog, I'm still I'm still Clemmie from the blog

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How does FOD fit it all in?

Here he is working a full-time middle management job from home with occasional international trips, doing more than the lion’s share of childcare for four children, DJing at festivals, cooking chicken in beer in the garden, frequenting the local skip, having his tubes snipped, advertising and more advertising, and taking endless videos and editing a lengthily daily story, not to mention thinking up a trillion metaphors, between hopping on podcasts and mansplaining periods.
In all seriousness I think their life looks exhausting. He is looking very tired these days

Reactions: 9
I don’t know but she may not have a permanent contract. She may more likely have a bank contract which means she has more choice and flexibility over when and where she works.
450 hours/ 3 years to maintain your registration doesn’t work out at that many shifts when you do 12 hour shifts.
Other stuff can count towards it as well like antenatal education.
I would not be surprised if she uses her ‘work’ on gas & air as a way to count towards her midwifery hours.
All speculation of course...
She worked 2 shifts when I first followed her, then dropped to one which was on a Monday. She’d take the odd one off for holidays and occasionally work a swapped shift or extra one (obviously had to let everyone know #saint) so her regular day is Monday which makes it seem she contracted?

How does FOD fit it all in?

Here he is working a full-time middle management job from home with occasional international trips, doing more than the lion’s share of childcare for four children, DJing at festivals, cooking chicken in beer in the garden, frequenting the local skip, having his tubes snipped, advertising and more advertising, and taking endless videos and editing a lengthily daily story, not to mention thinking up a trillion metaphors, between hopping on podcasts and mansplaining periods, and hastagging himself like a trademark. #fatherofdaughters #FOD
I think the kids are in school/nursery longer hours, the metaphors just flow out without any thought (it would seem) but the videos and editing must take all week. If I were his employers I’d be sceptical about his ‘working’ day 🤔

Yet another ad on FOD page- this time a nice barbecue. For someone who claims they are quite fussy about what ‘collaborations’ they do at this point I think he’d advertise a turd if someone gave him some money for it. Surely people are getting tired of it?
Gifted BBQ .. nearly £1500 worth to a guy who can’t be arsed with food. Another brand I use and now no longer respect.

Attachments

Gifted BBQ .. nearly £1500 worth to a guy who can’t be arsed with food. Another brand I use and now no longer respect.
Same!!! I refuse to buy anything from any brands who give away freebies to people like this. I'd have way more respect for Weber if they would have donated a BBQ to a community who'd really need and appreciate it, like perhaps a school, homeless shelter or even an NHS department for the staff to use. But of course, there's no money for them in that is there?

• Sad
Reactions: 11
Thing is I was wearing Boden in the 90's and dressing my kids in it in the early 00's well before any influencers or Instagram were around . Hell , Ive even had a Weber BBQ for a couple of years....I've obviously missed a trick by not getting one #gifted
One thing's for sure hell would freeze over before I sold my soul to show my life/family on line ....these people have no morals ( and I'm also a HCP so it wouldn't sit easy with me and my code of conduct!)

Reactions: 11
Thing is I was wearing Boden in the 90's and dressing my kids in it in the early 00's well before any influencers or Instagram were around . Hell , Ive even had a Weber BBQ for a couple of years....I've obviously missed a trick by not getting one #gifted
One thing's for sure hell would freeze over before I sold my soul to show my life/family on line ....these people have no morals ( and I'm also a HCP so it wouldn't sit easy with me and my code of conduct!)
I still do like a bit of Boden, although I try to hate them for giving out freebies. I’ve got Boden clothes that are 11 years old and on the 4 th daughter and still going strong. I believe many of their kids clothes to be good quality and if bought on sale worth it in the long run. But I hate they work with these women.
I have been approached 3 times over the last few years to work with brands, sell my kids. There’s an unusual aspect to my family and my account was not private for a while. We thought long and hard, we are not wealthy, we rent our home. It would be easy money. We chose not to do any of them and I made my account private and got rid of many followers. Several of the instamums follow me, I’m friends with a few bigger accounts, I could have used all of this to boost my account and get more involved. We decided the risk (mainly social media, mental health) was too great. That the attention would have negative effects and we could not justify this. Our children’s welfare is our responsibility. So I made my account private and turned down the offers. I sometimes kick myself as we are still struggling financially but with vulnerable teenagers it was the right decision. Not saying it would have been anything like the size of these big accounts obviously but it all started somewhere.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
We're looking to buy a BBQ this weekend. Needless to say, Weber is well and truly crossed off the list.

Reactions: 7
Gosh Greywolf, that’s so interesting. I can imagine that it was very tempting and very lucrative. But the choice to keep your family safe, honour the privacy and dignity of your children is absolutely the right one.

Reactions: 8
I’ve had to unfollow FoD - what a pretentious prick! *might* have left a little comment and then unfollowed, but in this heat, you’ve gotta amuse yourself haven’t you 😂

• Haha
Gosh Greywolf, that’s so interesting. I can imagine that it was very tempting and very lucrative. But the choice to keep your family safe, honour the privacy and dignity of your children is absolutely the right one.
I hope so! One of the teens was very up for it all and tried hard to get us to agree to 2 of the offers 😂 but we had to be the grown ups!

Reactions: 2
Yet another ad on FOD page- this time a nice barbecue. For someone who claims they are quite fussy about what ‘collaborations’ they do at this point I think he’d advertise a turd if someone gave him some money for it. Surely people are getting tired of it?
The only thing he's fussy about is if they pay enough.

A temperature sensor connecting to an app on your phone sounds pointless, the last thing I want to be doing in the summer is connecting the BBQ to the WiFi.

Reactions: 6
I’ve had to unfollow FoD - what a pretentious prick! *might* have left a little comment and then unfollowed, but in this heat, you’ve gotta amuse yourself haven’t you 😂
Wow there’s actually quite a few negative comments on that post that have been there for hours.
8E9246BF-8D11-444B-89C1-7E0F697BC545.jpeg
901A3418-24B6-446A-9A1C-2D410CF982C4.jpeg
D30B0B12-F82E-4F4C-9062-9538BB6924AA.jpeg
0CF2184C-6BF8-4877-AD64-B5B797A0AF2A.jpeg
As well as what might be yours!

The only thing he's fussy about is if they pay enough.

A temperature sensor connecting to an app on your phone sounds pointless, the last thing I want to be doing in the summer is connecting the BBQ to the WiFi.
He really does go for the big deals!

Reactions: 1
I still do like a bit of Boden, although I try to hate them for giving out freebies. I’ve got Boden clothes that are 11 years old and on the 4 th daughter and still going strong. I believe many of their kids clothes to be good quality and if bought on sale worth it in the long run. But I hate they work with these women.
I have been approached 3 times over the last few years to work with brands, sell my kids. There’s an unusual aspect to my family and my account was not private for a while. We thought long and hard, we are not wealthy, we rent our home. It would be easy money. We chose not to do any of them and I made my account private and got rid of many followers. Several of the instamums follow me, I’m friends with a few bigger accounts, I could have used all of this to boost my account and get more involved. We decided the risk (mainly social media, mental health) was too great. That the attention would have negative effects and we could not justify this. Our children’s welfare is our responsibility. So I made my account private and turned down the offers. I sometimes kick myself as we are still struggling financially but with vulnerable teenagers it was the right decision. Not saying it would have been anything like the size of these big accounts obviously but it all started somewhere.
You sound like a great mum and lovely person. So easy to have chosen the other path and exploited your children but you didn’t x

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.