MOD & FOD #5 Don't be fooled by the crap that I flog, I'm still I'm still Clemmie from the blog

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Also being moved from 3-4 on a Saturday at a family festival to 7pm when presumably one of the headliners will be on and everyone there is QUITE the downgrade.

Reactions: 4
Is anyone going to camp bestival or know someone that will be sharing a story of these two idiots prancing around while pressing play? I want to see just how many people will turn up for them

It starts tomorrow and tickets are still for sale. Not quite Glastonbury and selling out in minutes!

View attachment 29904
She looks utterly insane in this photo. Mad eyes! Either that or trying to hold in a fart 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Clemmie could always avoid the train ride to London and, you know, work more than 1 day a week by working in her local hospital which is desperate for midwives. Not as glamorous as King’s College one day a week though.

Reactions: 16

A thread just for DLAM - dress like a bellend - as she deserves her own thread. I wonder if she’s even worse than MOD 🤔

Clemmie could always avoid the train ride to London and, you know, work more than 1 day a week by working in her local hospital which is desperate for midwives. Not as glamorous as King’s College one day a week though.
I think as well when she said ‘work’ what she really meant was social media work. But she implies it’s midwifery work as it sounds more noble and relatable. She works for the NHS don’t you know?!

Reactions: 2
Well, quite. Because, lest we forget, she is so amazingly passionate about midwifery so surely she doesn't care where she actually works?

Well, quite. Because, lest we forget, she is so amazingly passionate about midwifery so surely she doesn't care where she actually works?
The midwifery aspect particularly upsets me (maybe cause I’m also a midwife). It seems particularly cunty to exploit that as her USP when it’s clear she doesn’t really care/ actually work as a midwife much.
There are some wonderful midwives and birth workers out there but they’re not as pretty so perhaps don’t get the same publicity. Or the message that she’s truly about - making others feel inadequate so they buy tit- just doesn’t sit well alongside.
The name ‘midwife’ means ‘with woman’. Is she really with all women? Not from what I’ve seen

• Heart
Reactions: 26
The midwifery aspect particularly upsets me (maybe cause I’m also a midwife). It seems particularly cunty to exploit that as her USP when it’s clear she doesn’t really care/ actually work as a midwife much.
There are some wonderful midwives and birth workers out there but they’re not as pretty so perhaps don’t get the same publicity. Or the message that she’s truly about - making others feel inadequate so they buy tit- just doesn’t sit well alongside.
The name ‘midwife’ means ‘with woman’. Is she really with all women? Not from what I’ve seen
Thank you for all that you do for women in your role as a midwife, sincerely.

Although let’s not forget, Clemmie reviews holidays and cereals and all sorts... for women, obvs. I was reading that her local (like a 15 minute drive away) hospital closed their maternity unit last week because of staffing shortage. It happens several times a year and the labouring women are sent nearly an hour away to another Kent hospital. Still, MOD is so passionate one day a week... 2hrs away.

Reactions: 21
Thank you for all that you do for women in your role as a midwife, sincerely.

Although let’s not forget, Clemmie reviews holidays and cereals and all sorts... for women, obvs. I was reading that her local (like a 15 minute drive away) hospital closed their maternity unit last week because of staffing shortage. It happens several times a year and the labouring women are sent nearly an hour away to another Kent hospital. Still, MOD is so passionate one day a week... 2hrs away.
Ah thanks for saying that. But I get a lot from my job (as well as the money!) if that makes sense.

That is very sad about her local unit. Notice Clemmie hasn’t mentioned that 🤔

Our local beautiful birth centre has been shut for nearly a year because of lack of funding/ midwives. And our in hospital midwife unit is frequently shut and women have to go to Delivery Suite instead.

It irritates me that these are the kind of things I believe Clemmie should be talking about. Not some bloody new bathroom tiles #pressdiscount

Reactions: 23
I think it’s been said before but someone has surmised that the reason she works in London rather than Kent is so because her local hospital probably wouldn’t employ her on those hours.
It must be pretty galling to anyone who works in the NHS that her USP is still ‘midwife’ when all she’s doing is keeping her foot in the door. She’s basically the HCP equivalent of a Saturday shopgirl. For all her spiel about ‘being passionate about women and birth’, her actual employment record says otherwise.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
Im legit only following now for Pablo, he’s gorgeous. And to say she hates dogs questions whether they even know what they’re doing... I’ll take him

Reactions: 2
Ah thanks for saying that. But I get a lot from my job (as well as the money!) if that makes sense.

That is very sad about her local unit. Notice Clemmie hasn’t mentioned that 🤔

Our local beautiful birth centre has been shut for nearly a year because of lack of funding/ midwives. And our in hospital midwife unit is frequently shut and women have to go to Delivery Suite instead.

It irritates me that these are the kind of things I believe Clemmie should be talking about. Not some bloody new bathroom tiles #pressdiscount
I think maybe I live near you, and even the delivery suite is short staffed and I delivered alone.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
I bet she only works 1 day a week as these are the very minimum hours any employer would employ someone on a contract to keep up her registration with the NMC so she can keep her USP as midwife (450 hrs/ over 3 yrs) ...and she travels to London as that's the only place with midwifery units worth working in ( and go to all the instameets) 🙄😬

Those responses are amusing. Just proves how truly dim and unaware the fan girls are. Like I said, those same girls who dotted their i's with ickle hearts at school, and we're gently encouraged to do a childcare course, rather than actual academic subjects.

Those responses are amusing. Just proves how truly dim and unaware the fan girls are. Like I said, those same girls who dotted their i's with ickle hearts at school, and we're gently encouraged to do a childcare course, rather than actual academic subjects

Oops, don't know why it posted twice? Or substituted were for we're?
That's a bit of a bleeping insult as I am academic but I chose to do childcare. What is the preconception you have about those who did it?

Bit strange that people think it's an easy route and will happily slate those who do the course and describe them as dim yet they hand over their most prized and irreplaceable possession to be looked after by these "dim" people.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I think maybe I live near you, and even the delivery suite is short staffed and I delivered alone.
I’m really sad and sorry to hear that. I hope that you and your partner and baby were ok.

You may live near me but I believe it’s a national problem.

I’m very fortunate that the hospital I work in is well staffed for a maternity unit and they always try to ensure there is one to one care for women in labour.

I bet she only works 1 day a week as these are the very minimum hours any employer would employ someone on a contract to keep up her registration with the NMC so she can keep her USP as midwife (450 hrs/ over 3 yrs) ...and she travels to London as that's the only place with midwifery units worth working in ( and go to all the instameets) 🙄😬
Yep, exactly what my cousin, also a midwife, said. She really is doing the bare minimum to maintain her usp. Such a mockery when King's have been running an #nhsvaluesweek campaign on their insta page and yet they are nothing more than a sales prop for St Clemmie.

Reactions: 8
I don’t know but she may not have a permanent contract. She may more likely have a bank contract which means she has more choice and flexibility over when and where she works.
450 hours/ 3 years to maintain your registration doesn’t work out at that many shifts when you do 12 hour shifts.
Other stuff can count towards it as well like antenatal education.
I would not be surprised if she uses her ‘work’ on gas & air as a way to count towards her midwifery hours.
All speculation of course...

Yet another ad on FOD page- this time a nice barbecue. For someone who claims they are quite fussy about what ‘collaborations’ they do at this point I think he’d advertise a turd if someone gave him some money for it. Surely people are getting tired of it?

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Yet another ad on FOD page- this time a nice barbecue. For someone who claims they are quite fussy about what ‘collaborations’ they do at this point I think he’d advertise a turd if someone gave him some money for it. Surely people are getting tired of it?
Maybe- fingers crossed- they’re doing a last minute grab all you can and then they’ll leave Instagram as the tide starts to turn?
Or maybe not and they’re totally addicted/trapped.
Either way it’s entertaining

Reactions: 7
How does FOD fit it all in?

Here he is working a full-time middle management job from home with occasional international trips, doing more than the lion’s share of childcare for four children, DJing at festivals, cooking chicken in beer in the garden, frequenting the local skip, having his tubes snipped, advertising and more advertising, and taking endless videos and editing a lengthily daily story, not to mention thinking up a trillion metaphors, between hopping on podcasts and mansplaining periods, and hastagging himself like a trademark. #fatherofdaughters #FOD

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.