MOD & FOD #37 It's not over until I get a thread title hun

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Don’t hate me but we have a gallery wall....up the stairs. I promise I didn’t get the idea from insta...we actually saw it in a bar on holiday before I was even on insta.
We’d collected prints from holidays and other meaningful things we’d bought each other...each one of them has a story behind it.

So the idea came after buying one of the prints in Madrid and sitting pissed in a bar that had pics up the stairs rather than some insta wankery 😂

Confession over!
that’s the difference - you’ve collected prints that have nice memories which is lovely! I’m slowly collecting a gallery of bad cat art. Once you start looking you can find bad cat art everywhere and it’s difficult not to get addicted

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
Our dear Glen must be fuming that her carefully curated and Instagramable home has been compared to George home! I’m sure that wasn’t a look she was aiming for teehe this makes me very happy. 😂😂
But you see I don’t think is that “carefully” curated which is probably what makes me so indignant about the whole thing: the frames are wonky and / or behind a chair / lamp. The main feature on that room showed no care at all! The only care was in putting the latest fad trinket (palm leaf plate, jewel tone velvet chair)

• Heart
Reactions: 11
But you see I don’t think is that “carefully” curated which is probably what makes me so indignant about the whole thing: the frames are wonky and / or behind a chair / lamp. The main feature on that room showed no care at all! The only care was in putting the latest fad trinket (palm leaf plate, jewel tone velvet chair)
Haha yes you’re right, it’s not carefully done at all. In her head it is, she has a plan of how to make it look exactly crappy and wanky Instagram generic -She’s definitely achieved that. But she’ll be horrified to know that it’s the same as Asda! Oh how I laughed!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Not even a hint that four kids and a dog share that house, but then they do have kid free zones don't they?
if some of their 'artwork' was done by the kids it might look more meaningful and homely.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Not even a hint that four kids and a dog share that house, but then they do have kid free zones don't they?
if some of their 'artwork' was done by the kids it might look more meaningful and homely.
I find it difficult to believe some of that art wasn’t chosen by the kids! A unicorn, a pineapple, a collection of butterflies ...

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I think they just rent the dog for photos!

• Haha
Folks, please don't feel guilt or shame for having a gallery wall or incorporating trends you like into your own home! There is nothing wrong with getting ideas from the internet and making them your own. There's an enormous difference between using popular ideas selectively in a way that's personal to you, compared to trying to pass off a never-ending stream of one instagram cliche after another as your own original style. Besides, a gallery wall or an ill-advised rug purchase is easily rectified if you change your mind. A whole house of wankery, not so much 😜

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 34
Ooh,he's put a fresh new smug photo of himself on his FoD a/c in the disappearing circle.🤑

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 9
He called himself cheap for not buying full window shutters.

Yes we know you're a cheap bleep Sly. And I doubt sooooo many people asked about your shutters either.

I notice he is now trying to claim he is frugal and does everything himself 🤣 Yes because now the twins are older they aren't raking in the cash, and no sensible company will touch you with a barge pole, you have to actually use your own money. Welcome back to the real world.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
I've never heard of gallery walls before, using that term anyway. It looks like it's just a bunch of different sized pictures on the wall, which people have been doing forever, or am I missing something?

It seems like when beards became fashionable, and all the men who'd always had beards suddenly looked like they were trying to be hipsters :p

• Haha
Reactions: 19
While I know that was meant as a joke, part of me would not be surprised to learn it was true. It’s the sort of cunty, unethical thing they would do.
I was super surprised they didn’t set him up with an insta page you try and get some free dog food #pimpoutpablo

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Ooh,he's put a fresh new smug photo of himself on his FoD a/c in the disappearing circle.🤑
Aww, Nature’s Photo Frame is gone!!

Also, “I’m cheap and wouldn’t pay for full ones.” Yeah, ok, FOD. How long ago was it that you were showing off the £4k sink? It’s more like “we have to pay for tit now.”

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Attending an online workshop today at work : “why reputation is essential for businesses”
I want to invite poor FOD on it 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 20
that’s the difference - you’ve collected prints that have nice memories which is lovely! I’m slowly collecting a gallery of bad cat art. Once you start looking you can find bad cat art everywhere and it’s difficult not to get addicted
This is my future self portrait:
C0BA91F2-08AB-4046-A0F0-B240359A2B13.jpeg

• Haha
Aww, Nature’s Photo Frame is gone!!

Also, “I’m cheap and wouldn’t pay for full ones.” Yeah, ok, FOD. How long ago was it that you were showing off the £4k sink? It’s more like “we have to pay for tit now.”
It’s stranger than fiction isn’t it. I can’t understand how thick the huns have to be to not question this monumental u-turn? How can we go from £500 lampshades being interior essentials, down to £500 MDF and some silicone will do? How comes no one is questioning 2 high end kitchens being installed previously but now he’s willing to build a utility room?

There inevitably will be women out there who got into debt or lengthy finance plans, or rinsed savings, to fund these essentials, I hope this opens their eyes to it all tbh. Shocking really isn’t it!

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Gill Murphy interiors were commenting on his posts too and not in a negative way.

Reactions: 8
It’s stranger than fiction isn’t it. I can’t understand how thick the huns have to be to not question this monumental u-turn? How can we go from £500 lampshades being interior essentials, down to £500 MDF and some silicone will do? How comes no one is questioning 2 high end kitchens being installed previously but now he’s willing to build a utility room?

There inevitably will be women out there who got into debt or lengthy finance plans, or rinsed savings, to fund these essentials, I hope this opens their eyes to it all tbh. Shocking really isn’t it!
It’s unbelievable ! Next he will be telling us to buy our clothe at the charity shop and not fall for fast-fashion!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.