MOD & FOD #37 It's not over until I get a thread title hun

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
In my old house I had an entire wall, top to bottom, on the top floor of my house (a guest room) absolutely rammed from top to bottom with family photos mixed in with some art (pre-raphaelite mainly as that is my ting). I’m from a big family and had been receiving photos of my nieces and nephews (as gifts 🙄) for a good 20 years before I had kids of my own. Despite me telling my siblings that unless they provided a photo of their little darlings in a frame it would not be hung up and would go into the shoebox of doom...I still got every bastard school photo in the tit cardboard frame. The problem I had was my siblings would get a proper grump on if I had a photo of another of my siblings kids up. I’d always loved the gallery walls of photos in American houses (as seen in films) and decided I was gonna do my own with these bleeping photo of other people’s kids, but all the frames had to be different a total mish mash because actually it’s the photos and art that needed to be looked at not the identical frame the exact gap between each frame. So I am also guiltily of gallery wall but not the insta curated one, mines total Dogmuck 😜 sorry that was a long old story of bollocks 🤦‍♀️

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
Brings back memories of my kid's bedroom with the walls & ceiling covered in kanji, worked a treat, she now teaches Japanese and lived in Tokyo for over 10 years.
Also that orange lamp in the gallery wall picture, pretty sure I had a matching one in 1974.
FodNey your pictures are not straight.

Reactions: 8
Subtle Sly... casually dropping your Tiktok presence for us all. I refuse to look at it. duck is he dancing again over there? 🤢

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Please, I’m begging none of us lovelies have “Live, Laugh Love”
I fu*king vomit at that fu*king poster!

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Please, I’m begging none of us lovelies have “Live, Laugh Love”
I fu*king vomit at that fu*king poster!
No, I have none of that bullshit. My mum got some prosecco blah plaque a couple of Christmases ago and it hung in the cellar until I sprayed over it and made it a sign for the shed 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I hate live laugh love with a vengeance. This is so me.
My friend sent me a photo on WhatsApp of all the files relating to her divorce (that I was helping her with) to show how many vile emails etc her soon to be ex had sent her. She was like OMFG WHEN YOU SEE IT LIKE THAT ITS SHOCKINGLY HORRENDOUS. I looked at the photos and saw at least 3 really awful shite meme/saying things hanging around her fireplace in the background, one was live laugh love another was something like don’t let anything dull your sparkle or some other shite like everything happens for a reason. it wasn’t the files that jumped out as horrific but these things. So, like the total witch I am, I zoomed in on the photo of these meme things cropped it and sent a message back saying “OMFG THESE REALLY ARE SHOCKILY HORRENDOUS” She knows me well, she’s into crystals and angels and I give her a lot of tit about that too...and she’s still my mate 😱

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
I’ve got a postcard from a mate perched on a shelf in the bedroom saying ‘you bleeping got this witch’ (sent when I cried cause I couldn’t believe I had to go back to work after maternity leave) but feel like I need to take it down soon in case the bab is a child genius and can read early! 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
This wall is hideous, I’m all for retro prints but mixing these with shoddy cheap Etsy tit is just NO! Also who hangs a picture that’s blocked by a lamp and another that’s blocked by the back of a chair-you’re f*cking right Sly it’s far from PREFECT 🙄
Back to having time to open IG after moving countries, finding new schools and starting a new job and I find new posts in HoH so came here immediately! That wall is terribly planned, the layout is odd, the prints look cheap, the frames are meh and the rest of the staging is just so unnatural: the stack of pretentious design magazines, not a sign of a child living in the house. 10 years behind! We had a wall with pictures we’ve taken of places we’ve been with frames we selected that didn’t match but were part of a story. That was at least 8 years ago... and am no influencer nor creative in the slightest... never a bookcase, proper art work or pieces that do mean something special - so boring

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Back to having time to open IG after moving countries, finding new schools and starting a new job and I find new posts in HoH so came here immediately! That wall is terribly planned, the layout is odd, the prints look cheap, the frames are meh and the rest of the staging is just so unnatural: the stack of pretentious design magazines, not a sign of a child living in the house. 10 years behind! We had a wall with pictures we’ve taken of places we’ve been with frames we selected that didn’t match but were part of a story. That was at least 8 years ago... and am no influencer nor creative in the slightest... never a bookcase, proper art work or pieces that do mean something special - so boring
Exactly this. My “gallery wall” or as I called it random photos of other people’s kids splattered with beautiful pre-raphaelite art was done 10 years back. People loved it because it wasn’t such a vast wall and you could look at it for hours, plus it ticked all my “being a good sister boxes” I’ve lived in my currently house for over 4 years now and that entire wall of photos/prints is still wrapped and boxed since we moved (along with most photos of my own kids and other art) because I dislike these insta walls so much I’m scared to put anything up incase anyone thinks I’ve been influenced 🤦‍♀️ It’s bad that I look at emerging insta trends and eradicate anything (within reason) that could look like I’m trying to copy them 😬

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Exactly this. My “gallery wall” or as I called it random photos of other people’s kids splattered with beautiful pre-raphaelite art was done 10 years back. People loved it because it wasn’t such a vast wall and you could look at it for hours, plus it ticked all my “being a good sister boxes” I’ve lived in my currently house for over 4 years now and that entire wall of photos/prints is still wrapped and boxed since we moved (along with most photos of my own kids and other art) because I dislike these insta walls so much I’m scared to put anything up incase anyone thinks I’ve been influenced 🤦‍♀️ It’s bad that I look at emerging insta trends and eradicate anything (within reason) that could look like I’m trying to copy them 😬
I hear you! It makes you think about what not to do though which is also good! I must admit I’ve fallen victim of some influencing in the kids rooms - but (the but you feel less bad about it!) we made a point of putting less but lasting or with a meaning, and with things they love. So yes we have a macrame rainbow and a canopy and a couple of prints. But they love it

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Nope - they fuxkers have deleted them! It’s outrageous
To avoid them deleting comments etc, what about posting some truths on our own Insta accounts, tagging him/them and with a # so we can all amplify)? He/they can’t delete comments on our own Insta accounts (obviously he/they can block but most have burner accounts).

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
To avoid them deleting comments etc, what about posting some truths on our own Insta accounts, tagging him/them and with a # so we can all amplify)? He/they can’t delete comments on our own Insta accounts (obviously he/they can block but most have burner accounts).
It’s not the deleting it’s the doxing that’s a problem for many. Plus we are not supposed to comment on their threads but we can appreciate those dissenting voices that do and the fallen comrades whose comments get deleted. We have to sit on our Insta hands and can only watch the show unfold, then come here and have our fun.
They have form for deleting stuff they don’t like but they can’t delete comments here. 💪

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Saw this today:

Also just saw that Multidad had #ad with ocado on the 1st of sep. Not left a comment on their page yet cause I have to get ready for school.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.