MOD & FOD #33 Bots a plenty, we're under attack. Don't blame me I've been hacked hacked!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Maybe he’s going to become a DIY guru, and teach us all how to install £200 loo flushes or how to convert a discarded bathtub into an outdoor spa. I can hear the tag line now...

FOD THE BUILDER!
CAN HE SCROUNGE IT?
FOD THE BUILDER!
YES HE CAN!
The second coming of Nick Knowles 🤮

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 12
Don’t want to add fuel to the flames but when transitioning from a Catholic primary to normal secondary I had such a huge gulf in world knowledge to fill versus my peers from normal schools too...
Aww mate I endured a Catholic private school education from 4-18. I had an A and GCSE History and B at ALevel and my boyfriend at Uni had to coach me through who won WW2 by saying "Give you a clue ..what language do we speak now?". You can only imagine the gaps in my education. I can still recite a Hail Mary, Our Father and a full 2 minute Angelus though.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
I must have gone to the only school in the country that covered the slave trade in detail... I remember drawing maps of how the triangular trade worked, looking at that awful plan showing how the captured people were shoe horned into the boats. We learned about the Western European countries involved in the transport, how the traders generally bought the slaves from victors of wars (implication presumably being the other African tribes were as responsible...) then covered conditions of lives in slavery, and then a speeded up version of the abolition. It was probably about 3 weeks’ worth of lessons in all. Couldn’t tell you what year we did this... probably year 9. Definitely outside of the gcse curriculum (I went to an independent girls school, run by a feminist headmistress)
No, we also covered a lot of this. State school, 90s. I also did A level history and a model called euphemistically ‘The expansion of Europe’ which covered a lot of the dreadful things that various colonisers did in Africa, again including the slave trade.

And as an adult I’ve read (popular) books, seem films, gone to museums. It was the 200th anniversary of the Abolition of Slavery in the UK in 2015 there were events all over the place, exhibitions, TV programmes etc. Stuff like this: https://www.liverpoolmuseums.org.uk/stories/liverpool-and-slave-trade

And a friend of mine is a descendant of William Wilberforce even! I’m really surprised that so many people say they knew nothing about it. I wonder how many of them are POC?

The second coming of Nick Knowles 🤮
Oh, fingers crossed for a midlife crisis FoD album!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
@texushun1969 is on a mission on the f0d and house of horror accounts, old fodster must have given up deleting or he's off suffering a repetitive strain injury.🤣
Sorry, I forgot he was hacked and it's not him deleting comments.🤑
By lying about being hacked, and that the hackers were deleting comments, I guess he now realises he can't keep deleting negative comments and using hackers as an excuse.

He is such a bleeping eejit.

• Haha
He knows as soon as he posts that his numbers will tumble. It was already happening. He’s getting the hackers’ money out of those thousands of bots.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
No, we also covered a lot of this. State school, 90s. I also did A level history and a model called euphemistically ‘The expansion of Europe’ which covered a lot of the dreadful things that various colonisers did in Africa, again including the slave trade.

And as an adult I’ve read (popular) books, seem films, gone to museums. It was the 200th anniversary of the Abolition of Slavery in the UK in 2015 there were events all over the place, exhibitions, TV programmes etc. Stuff like this: https://www.liverpoolmuseums.org.uk/stories/liverpool-and-slave-trade

And a friend of mine is a descendant of William Wilberforce even! I’m really surprised that so many people say they knew nothing about it. I wonder how many of them are POC?
My first school was in Spain from age 4 to 9, then we moved back to the UK. So when I started working in a primary school 8 years ago, I loved the history lessons 🤣.

I honestly cannot remember much from my school life in Spain in terms of learning and history. What I do know is through family and reading about it all.

I only started UK schooling from year 5. I had to learn to write in English. It was not easy!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I’m quite thankful for the OD’s self imposed insta hiatus, it’s giving us all time to go back through all the cringeworthy tit they’ve done over the years 😂

a couple of little nuggets found in the Cash threads , before Alice ventured into slagging off her mates...

My favourite parts are “I wonder what her agent thinks. Must be embarrassing for her to sit back and watch.”
1241BDF6-F4AD-466E-9C8C-87F9C8F1D888.jpeg

And...

“I’m not middle class, and I’m definitely not an instamum.”
CAF1C725-87EC-4AD4-8C25-B9D9D2E7822E.jpeg

PAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA 🤣🤣 Clemmie you absolute weapon 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 29
I’m quite thankful for the OD’s self imposed insta hiatus, it’s giving us all time to go back through all the cringeworthy tit they’ve done over the years 😂

a couple of little nuggets found in the Cash threads , before Alice ventured into slagging off her mates...

My favourite parts are “I wonder what her agent thinks. Must be embarrassing for her to sit back and watch.”
View attachment 154529

And...

View attachment 154530

My favourite part is her calling Cash a pathological liar, bully and in her opinion a really messed up girl. 🤣 oh dear Clemmie, I think the interesting case study will be you.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26

View attachment 154529

Eek 'an interesting case study in years to come' This is good example of karma in action, I'm sure in years to come Clemmie will be one of the most cited examples of 'when good instagrammers go bad' 😂

• Haha
Aww mate I endured a Catholic private school education from 4-18. I had an A and GCSE History and B at ALevel and my boyfriend at Uni had to coach me through who won WW2 by saying "Give you a clue ..what language do we speak now?". You can only imagine the gaps in my education. I can still recite a Hail Mary, Our Father and a full 2 minute Angelus though.
I’m sorry to disagree - am not sure what’s like in the UK but I was at catholic school from 4 years to 18 years and then a catholic university. School together with my parents (mostly my dad) interest in world affairs has given me a very broad learning. I’m terrible at maths or physics but have a better knowledge of geography, history, grammar, law, philosophy, religions in general, use of technology, business, politics (in the principle sense) and psychology etc than my UK educated husband. I also have a strong sense of hard work and responsibility and accountability- though my husband would say is the catholic in me feeling guilty... and don’t get me wrong, I’m not very religious myself nor I agree with many catholic beliefs / principles but just generalising catholic education is poor is not fair...

Reactions: 3
We definitely studied the slave trade, but it was an American thing. It was totally glossed over that we were involved.

Reactions: 6
I’m sorry to disagree - am not sure what’s like in the UK but I was at catholic school from 4 years to 18 years and then a catholic university. School together with my parents (mostly my dad) interest in world affairs has given me a very broad learning. I’m terrible at maths or physics but have a better knowledge of geography, history, grammar, law, philosophy, religions in general, use of technology, business, politics (in the principle sense) and psychology etc than my UK educated husband. I also have a strong sense of hard work and responsibility and accountability- though my husband would say is the catholic in me feeling guilty... and don’t get me wrong, I’m not very religious myself nor I agree with many catholic beliefs / principles but just generalising catholic education is poor is not fair...
In the UK faith schools are largely renowned for having muuuuch better results, tbh particularly for STEM subjects which is where it a mainstream school falls short, it tends to fall short there? I have no doubt it’s likely self selecting as the student body is more closely aligned to a grammar or private as there are so many hoops to jump through to get in, plus the reputation attracts non Catholics pulling fast ones to get their kid into a better school. I’ve never heard a faith school in the UK described how you are though, if you don’t mind me asking what country is this?

I only went to a Catholic primary but despite growing up in a diverse area didn’t know there was anything other than Christians & Jews up until 11, and was absolutely terrified when I got to a normal secondary and people were discussing not believing in anything at all (or worse the goths in the older years). Our history lessons skewed quite... local? Like a lot of Victorian & war stuff cos the area was hit in the blitz and a lot of us lived in post war council houses tbh so it was nice. We even had evacuee children (obvs they were now really old) come in and we had a “picnic” with them where we were on their tables and could ask them anything, that was really special tbh - altho looking back probs quite bad they’re having to relive their trauma with kids asking them dumbshit questions like did you miss ur mum tho 🥴 But absolutely nothing on any other country apart from the Egyptians, and I wonder if that’s only cos of a school trip to the British Museum? Weirdly nothing on the ~international~ reach of Catholicism or even Ireland where a lot of us were from / only round the corner really?!

Tbh for reference my impending daughter will be most likely to go through a Catholic education so by no means poo pooing it, just am aware going into it that there will have to be a lot of additional knowledge it’s our responsibility as parents to teach her outside of school hours? But the same could be said for any school really, especially for social issues 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 6

View attachment 154529

And...

View attachment 154530
Oh Clemmie, you truly are the gift that keeps on giving...🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 5
It’s statutory for state educated KS3 students (Years 7-9/11-14 years old) to learn about “ideas, political power, industry and empire in Britain” and the slave trade is listed as an example but is not compulsory in itself!

As a teacher I think faith schools are great at providing pastoral care for students even though I’m a firm atheist.

Reactions: 3
I went to a grammar school- definitely studied the slave trade + civil rights but skewed very American. I can remember our teacher making us all lie on the classroom floor to ‘reenact’ being squashed in a ship like the slaves were 😬

having studied history up to a level- we learnt about history of medicine/public health, the troubles, Europe 1914-1945. whilst all of these topics have value. my historical knowledge I feel has huge gaps. I can tell you a lot about the Tudor’s, the victorians etc but duck all about the crusades, the empire etc. Did a whole year on the evolution of the English country house.. definitely think that could be left on the shelf 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I went to a grammar school- definitely studied the slave trade + civil rights but skewed very American. I can remember our teacher making us all lie on the classroom floor to ‘reenact’ being squashed in a ship like the slaves were 😬
You’ve just made a memory resurface of having to role play being a slave owner whilst being descended from slaves 😬 and the only Black boy in the class didn’t get to choose his role either (no prizes for guessing)

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
Maybe he’s going to become a DIY guru, and teach us all how to install £200 loo flushes or how to convert a discarded bathtub into an outdoor spa. I can hear the tag line now...

FOD THE BUILDER!
CAN HE SCROUNGE IT?
FOD THE BUILDER!
YES HE CAN!
Can we remember this one for next thread title?! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Can someone give a quick summary of what happened with Cash Carraway? I keep getting little bits but can't seem to find a post that sums it all up!

Also, on the SODs - why do they have an Instagram account with nearly 80k followers for a house with thousands of pounds worth of interior design - yet their garden seems to look like they spent the square root of duck all?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
In the UK faith schools are largely renowned for having muuuuch better results, tbh particularly for STEM subjects which is where it a mainstream school falls short, it tends to fall short there? I have no doubt it’s likely self selecting as the student body is more closely aligned to a grammar or private as there are so many hoops to jump through to get in, plus the reputation attracts non Catholics pulling fast ones to get their kid into a better school. I’ve never heard a faith school in the UK described how you are though, if you don’t mind me asking what country is this?

I only went to a Catholic primary but despite growing up in a diverse area didn’t know there was anything other than Christians & Jews up until 11, and was absolutely terrified when I got to a normal secondary and people were discussing not believing in anything at all (or worse the goths in the older years). Our history lessons skewed quite... local? Like a lot of Victorian & war stuff cos the area was hit in the blitz and a lot of us lived in post war council houses tbh so it was nice. We even had evacuee children (obvs they were now really old) come in and we had a “picnic” with them where we were on their tables and could ask them anything, that was really special tbh - altho looking back probs quite bad they’re having to relive their trauma with kids asking them dumbshit questions like did you miss ur mum tho 🥴 But absolutely nothing on any other country apart from the Egyptians, and I wonder if that’s only cos of a school trip to the British Museum? Weirdly nothing on the ~international~ reach of Catholicism or even Ireland where a lot of us were from / only round the corner really?!

Tbh for reference my impending daughter will be most likely to go through a Catholic education so by no means poo pooing it, just am aware going into it that there will have to be a lot of additional knowledge it’s our responsibility as parents to teach her outside of school hours? But the same could be said for any school really, especially for social issues 🤷🏻‍♀️
I went to a Catholic primary and secondary school, and we covered a normal UK curriculum. The main difference at secondary school was that RE was a compulsory GSCE for us. My daughter has gone to the same schools I did, and they have covered the main world faiths in RE in primary school, and are doing it in more depth at secondary school.
I remember doing the slave trade, and agree that Britains involvement was mentioned "in passing" and very much glossed over. We did a module on Civil Rights at A level, which was very America- focused!

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.