MOD & FOD #33 Bots a plenty, we're under attack. Don't blame me I've been hacked hacked!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't understand with the curriculum why we learnt about the slave trade in America, with the cotton fields and plantations, but didn't cover the UK being instrumental in shipping slaves.

Or that we learnt about America and segregation, and Rosa Parks, but didn't get taught about the laws brought in post war that favoured war criminals over black empire immigrants, because they were white.

Almost like its easier to point the finger to how awful America was, without admitting Britain isn't great

See all the discussions. Just imagine if we had followers on a platform nearing 1million, and children at school, and could try and be a catalyst for change...... Shame they sold out for a sink instead

• Heart
Reactions: 14
God some of these experiences You describe are making me so angry!

thing is, from what I understand, the direct name calling isn’t so much of a thing nowadays, right?. It’s all those hidden reminders of being different, or comments when people don’t even realise what they are saying is racist. And to me that would be just as upsetting, maybe more so because it’s less direct and harder to call out.

And bringing us to the SOD topic (because I know I am derailing things sorry!) that’s what Clemmie did with her comment about a black woman being ‘angry’ - it’s that sneaky racism. And the same with FOD posting the black square while not actually changing anything. It means the racism is somewhat hidden, and if POC call it out they get accused of overreacting - which adds insult to injury
YES!! Everything you have said. There's now actual racism legislation so you can't directly do it but boy can you do it indirectly. The 'agressive' black woman is a racist trope. Now regardless of what you think of Candice Braithwaite, what happened to her was despicable and the statistics show time and time again that BAME women's health outcomes are shocking (regardless of wealth or class, see Serena Williams's birth story). Alice's comments were basically saying she was weaponising her experience (I believe she nearly died of sepsis). Correct me if I'm wrong. But for a midwife to do that is shocking.

• Angry
Reactions: 15
Just imagine if we had followers on a platform nearing 1million, and children at school, and could try and be a catalyst for change...... Shame they sold out for a sink instead
OMG... when you put it like that it’s astounding. They had A MILLION people listening to them and they.... sold a sink.

(I believe she nearly died of sepsis). Correct me if I'm wrong.
yes according to the book she nearly died, horribly, in an entirely preventable way, and the medics in charge of of her care admitted their failings

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
Same. I'm half West Indian which people are shocked to hear when they find out. I look really Mediterranean - always have Spanish, French, Portugese, Maltese spoken to me when I go on holiday. I have a very British name as well and boy, when people think it's safe to be racist around you they really, really are.
I'm black and can you believe the same thing happens to me? Swiftly followed by " i don't mean you, you're different" this happens in France and when I'm back in the UK.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
And she missed the first weeks of her baby’s life, and had PND.
Unfortunately, I do feel that Clemmie's dismissive and offensive attitude is pretty rife in the NHS. Anyone that questions anything is written off as an irritant or unstable. No woman should have to shout or y'know, nearly DIE before they are heard.

Reactions: 12
I’m hoping it is or I’ll have been double bluffed! I did speak to her off air and she seemed genuine and genuinely frightened we would be like some deranged Hinch army and hunt her down. I was quite ashamed of myself for making someone feel like that...especially on here. I could never imagine Clemmie behaving the way this lady did. It was my suggestion she did a name change so she wouldn’t feel under attack 😬 didn’t know that it was something people could find. I mean next thing you’ll be seeing my old name was Alicein...😂😂😂

Anyway if I’ve been fooled so be it, I’m Dogmuck and that tit stinks 😂😂😂
We’d know if MOD was here because she’d spell badly and wouldn’t shut up about that effing podcast!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
You know I think he is going to stay away until it’s no longer mentioned on the news ..... keeping a low profile till things die down or will post some rubbish on Father’s Day

Reactions: 15
I’m hoping it is or I’ll have been double bluffed! I did speak to her off air and she seemed genuine and genuinely frightened we would be like some deranged Hinch army and hunt her down. I was quite ashamed of myself for making someone feel like that...especially on here. I could never imagine Clemmie behaving the way this lady did. It was my suggestion she did a name change so she wouldn’t feel under attack 😬 didn’t know that it was something people could find. I mean next thing you’ll be seeing my old name was Alicein...😂😂😂

Anyway if I’ve been fooled so be it, I’m Dogmuck and that tit stinks 😂😂😂
You crack me up daily you funny bastard ❤❤❤❤❤ Dear Dogmuck

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
I don't understand with the curriculum why we learnt about the slave trade in America, with the cotton fields and plantations, but didn't cover the UK being instrumental in shipping slaves.

Or that we learnt about America and segregation, and Rosa Parks, but didn't get taught about the laws brought in post war that favoured war criminals over black empire immigrants, because they were white.

Almost like its easier to point the finger to how awful America was, without admitting Britain isn't great

See all the discussions. Just imagine if we had followers on a platform nearing 1million, and children at school, and could try and be a catalyst for change...... Shame they sold out for a sink instead
Many years ago I went to the Wilberforce house museum in Hull and is very educational about the transatlantic slave trade (he was the mp who first brought the abolition to parliament). It was very sobering - shame they don’t teach those things at school! A bit off topic but thought may be useful

Reactions: 16
Here is his new post.

Wheeling MOD out to the trash/to be fed to the “trolls”.

Got to get rid of her quick so he can hop back onboard the #gifted train quick so he can get more free pink lampshades and can in turn gift us with his witty repartee.
I can’t see it, does this mean I’m blocked but can still his page?? 🤔

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
Totally. My other half went to a film premiere with work and ended up with the tech guys. He had a great time. He’s yet to decide how best to align himself to the celebrity world though. I’ll keep you all posted. 😂😂😂
My boyfriend works with A listers every day (pre Covid lol) and I can tell you now we live in a standard two bed, drive an OK car and definitely don’t pretend we have a high life rubbing shoulders with Beyoncé. We do attend weddings etc of said A listers, but we’re just two northern people, living a normal life lol. It’s mad how people can let something like that go to their head, i’d never want to be famous and we never talk about it to anyone (I’m anon so can on here 😂). I’d honestly hate to be famous and everything that comes with it

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
You know I think he is going to stay away until it’s no longer mentioned on the news ..... keeping a low profile till things die down or will post some rubbish on Father’s Day
I also think maybe a father's day post until then my money is staying quiet.

I didn't know about CB's childbirth history and to be honest it does change my previous view. Childbirth is a time when a women is most vulnerable. You either get a good midwife or a crappy one and that can have a huge impact on your experience. I was reading the childbirth horror stories thread here and I did feel sad reading a women being told to "stop her woe is me act" when she was clearly in pain. Not everyone can afford an independent midwife/ a doula or a stay at the Portland. If I already knew that I had a higher chance of dying during childbirth and not being listened to because of my race I too would not be comfortable with Clemmie's comments.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.