MOD & FOD #33 Bots a plenty, we're under attack. Don't blame me I've been hacked hacked!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Selfishly I hope they attempt a comeback because I find you lot so bloody entertaining!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Alice’s posts were being discussed and somebody on here (sweettuttu I think) did a summary of all the things Alice had said around October time. We assumed one of the insta mums affected read it and it came out a couple of weeks later. Will never know what happened behind the scenes as they’re all so bloody vague and cryptic!
Ah yes, I remember that too. I just can't imagine it passing everyone by in March when it actually happened though, but like you say we'll probably never know!

Selfishly I hope they attempt a comeback because I find you lot so bloody entertaining!
Hell yes! I wish they'd hurry up! :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Going back to the statue issues. I for one am glad this is happening purely because it’s keeping the BLM story alive, for every right wing head protecting the statues there’s a left wing woke head trying to pull them down. Whilst it’s diluting things a little it’s still keeping the issue live and it’s not being buried in a new “stay safe, clap, don’t clap, be alert, stay 2 meters away, stay at home, go out” platitude. The longer the issue is live, the bigger the debate, the more chances that something can change for the better, not just for BLM movement but for equality of opportunity for everyone. It’s got people talking and I think that people are looking at themselves, yeah not everyone but there’s definitely some self reflection going on and for me that’s a good thing.

The longer this issue is live the longer the SODs et al have to remain underground. The longer they are underground the more irrelevant they become and they will quite naturally fade into oblivion.

In today’s Times Camilla Long’s comment sums up the instahunz jumping on the BLM movement, she says “In my view, any hope of serious change for Black Lives Matter evaporated the moment the instagrammers opened their chaffering, labneh-encrusted faces two weeks ago. Of all the vapid, soul-emptying experiences, their is little to match being angrily told to “educate yourself” by some hashtagging 23 year-old yogarexic from Hackney”.

She goes on to say a speaker at a rally had said that a serious political moment had been hijacked by white people posting black squares on social media to feel better about themselves.

This is so true. The SODs and the rest of these pointless shits on Instagram are trying to control the conversation and that is why for me I’d rather see people on the street kicking off about a statue than anyone of these instagrammers sitting at home linking resources for us!

Sorry that was bouncing around all over.

Edit: full article is worth a read

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Like I said earlier, she will NOT be a popular colleague during those hand overs and I am pretty sure she would have been loathed before that. There will be midwives on delivery suite working under intense pressure whilst she swans in once a week with her designer gear to make a mint out of her saintly midwife image. I'm pretty sure her BAME colleagues won't even speak to her if they can avoid it. Unfortunately, there will be a large proportion of BAME mothers that she will be looking after at King's and that's a bleeping travesty in my opinion.
I was stuck in labour triage at a London hospital (not Kings) for 4/5 hours on a Friday night a couple of weeks ago, it was relatively quiet and super staffed but I was sat there listening to the midwives and healthcare assistants nattering away and it was genuinely really lovely (I'm aware this comes across as really creepy like eavesdropping - but covid has been super lonely as we're pretty much shielding, so I'm a bit unhinged) I can't imagine how miserable spoilt CH would fit into such a dynamic? Like bemoaning her free tradesmen for making a mess & the very much liveable 'unliveable' house? Fast forward to present day... no one's biting on the free homeware goodies and they may actually have to drop £120 at B&Q heaven forbid? It must be so awkward, you wouldn't be able to trust her with anything either cos she's shown herself to be a proper snake on here!

• Haha
  • Heart
Going back to the statue issues. I for one am glad this is happening purely because it’s keeping the BLM story alive, for every right wing head protecting the statues there’s a left wing woke head trying to pull them down. Whilst it’s diluting things a little it’s still keeping the issue live and it’s not being buried in a new “stay safe, clap, don’t clap, be alert, stay 2 meters away, stay at home, go out” platitude. The longer the issue is live, the bigger the debate, the more chances that something can change for the better, not just for BLM movement but for equality of opportunity for everyone. It’s got people talking and I think that people are looking at themselves, yeah not everyone but there’s definitely some self reflection going on and for me that’s a good thing.

The longer this issue is live the longer the SODs et al have to remain underground. The longer they are underground the more irrelevant they become and they will quite naturally fade into oblivion.

In today’s Times Camilla Long’s comment sums up the instahunz jumping on the BLM movement, she says “In my view, any hope of serious change for Black Lives Matter evaporated the moment the instagrammers opened their chaffering, labneh-encrusted faces two weeks ago. Of all the vapid, soul-emptying experiences, their is little to match being angrily told to “educate yourself” by some hashtagging 23 year-old yogarexic from Hackney”.

She goes on to say a speaker at a rally had said that a serious political moment had been hijacked by white people posting black squares on social media to feel better about themselves.

This is so true. The SODs and the rest of these pointless shits on Instagram are trying to control the conversation and that is why for me I’d rather see people on the street kicking off about a statue than anyone of these instagrammers sitting at home linking resources for us!

Sorry that was bouncing around all over.

Edit: full article is worth a read
I agree with the bits you’ve mentioned but this Fawlty Towers thing gets my goat. An episode was pulled because they used the N word and the W word. Not anything to do with Germans, and because the BBC had a version it screened with those bits edited out, half the country is in uproar because they never realised the words were in it in the first place 🤦🏻‍♀️

On topic - I bet FOD is one of those who thinks it’s all just a laugh, really. He doesn’t have any passion or even white guilt, I don’t think. He’s just, well, performing 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 12
I think FOD is one of those people who’s posted the black square and is waiting for his brownie points!

Like others have mentioned I’m also mixed race but pass for white, and the things people say when they’re amongst what they perceive to be white company can be very telling.

• Sad
I think FOD is one of those people who’s posted the black square and is waiting for his brownie points!

Like others have mentioned I’m also mixed race but pass for white, and the things people say when they’re amongst what they perceive to be white company can be very telling.
Same. I'm half West Indian which people are shocked to hear when they find out. I look really Mediterranean - always have Spanish, French, Portugese, Maltese spoken to me when I go on holiday. I have a very British name as well and boy, when people think it's safe to be racist around you they really, really are.

• Sad
Reactions: 24
Same. I'm half West Indian which people are shocked to hear when they find out. I look really Mediterranean - always have Spanish, French, Portugese, Maltese spoken to me when I go on holiday. I have a very British name as well and boy, when people think it's safe to be racist around you they really, really are.
That’s so awful to hear. I’m so sorry it happens.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
That’s EXACTLY the same as me, where my background actually is and where people guess I’m from too!

People’s attitudes change when they find out as well. People have been shocked to find out my sister and I have the same dad because “white women who have mixed raced kids have them all with random men because the dads duck off”.

Sorry to derail! FODs a prick!

Reactions: 11
I agree with the bits you’ve mentioned but this Fawlty Towers thing gets my goat. An episode was pulled because they used the N word and the W word. Not anything to do with Germans, and because the BBC had a version it screened with those bits edited out, half the country is in uproar because they never realised the words were in it in the first place 🤦🏻‍♀️

On topic - I bet FOD is one of those who thinks it’s all just a laugh, really. He doesn’t have any passion or even white guilt, I don’t think. He’s just, well, performing 🤷🏻‍♀️
Totally agree that’s why I didn’t mention the FT stuff but wanted to post the whole article for transparency.

Reactions: 5
FML, digital detox for a few days and we’re on a new thread already! Going in to catch up so soz if already asked, but is this his longest radio silence..?

• Haha
It's got to be coming up for hair band type length hasn't it?

Going back to what others have written, I have an a grade history gcse. But knew nothing of the windrush era, the Bristol slave trade (until 5 years ago) , the British empire colonials etc. I'm actually ashamed of that gcse right now, because its not history I should be knowledgeable in. I'm educating myself more and more.

I am naturally olive skinned and dark features. I get spoken to in Spanish on holiday. Growing up I was called half caste and I remember kids standing up in class when we had to say our hair colour and shouting at me that mine wasn't brown it was black, like a p***

I was 7. And I was white. And I had that. I cannot imagine what POC have to go through every day. I have to hide twitter. And a lot of the white kids I went to school with, because I'm shocked at their complete over reaction to the fawlty towers and matt lucas stuff

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
It's got to be coming up for hair band type length hasn't it?

Going back to what others have written, I have an a grade history gcse. But knew nothing of the windrush era, the Bristol slave trade (until 5 years ago) , the British empire colonials etc. I'm actually ashamed of that gcse right now, because its not history I should be knowledgeable in. I'm educating myself more and more.

I am naturally olive skinned and dark features. I get spoken to in Spanish on holiday. Growing up I was called half caste and I remember kids standing up in class when we had to say our hair colour and shouting at me that mine wasn't brown it was black, like a p***

I was 7. And I was white. And I had that. I cannot imagine what POC have to go through every day. I have to hide twitter. And a lot of the white kids I went to school with, because I'm shocked at their complete over reaction to the fawlty towers and matt lucas stuff
My history lessons were done abroad and the gist of it was the British and the French fighting over land and the outcome. It is so infuriating. Absolutely NO MENTION of the fact it was someone else's land and the genocide that accompanied it!!! Regardless of where you stand on the statue thing at least we are finally discussing these issues that have been swept under the carpet for far too long.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
God some of these experiences You describe are making me so angry!

thing is, from what I understand, the direct name calling isn’t so much of a thing nowadays, right?. It’s all those hidden reminders of being different, or comments when people don’t even realise what they are saying is racist. And to me that would be just as upsetting, maybe more so because it’s less direct and harder to call out.

And bringing us to the SOD topic (because I know I am derailing things sorry!) that’s what Clemmie did with her comment about a black woman being ‘angry’ - it’s that sneaky racism. And the same with FOD posting the black square while not actually changing anything. It means the racism is somewhat hidden, and if POC call it out they get accused of overreacting - which adds insult to injury

Reactions: 13
God some of these experiences You describe are making me so angry!

thing is, from what I understand, the direct name calling isn’t so much of a thing nowadays, right?. It’s all those hidden reminders of being different, or comments when people don’t even realise what they are saying is racist. And to me that would be just as upsetting, maybe more so because it’s less direct and harder to call out.

And bringing us to the SOD topic (because I know I am derailing things sorry!) that’s what Clemmie did with her comment about a black woman being ‘angry’ - it’s that sneaky racism. And the same with FOD posting the black square while not actually changing anything. It means the racism is somewhat hidden, and if POC call it out they get accused of overreacting - which adds insult to injury
Yes exactly that. It's almost like the domestic violence in that people spent years getting their head around emotional abuse being abuse, yet still we get "oh he doesn't hit you so it can't be that bad"

It's like that with racism to a degree. A whole "if you don't like it don't watch it, if you're offended turn off" kind of mentality. Like if they're not shouting racist names from the top of a building, then they're not racist.

Reactions: 11
I tell you what though guys, we need an exit strategy if the SODs do a Mrs Meldrum, as that thread was unceremoniously shut down mid “will she won’t she” come back speculation and all the Meldrum trolls were evicted to who knows where? I think I saw one of them in the Hinch thread earlier but couldn’t be sure, didn’t look like she’d had a decent troll for days, hair looked messy, no spark, looked lost really. Let’s not let that happen to us here...we need a plan. So I’d like some volunteers to come forward for basic evacuation training. You’ll get a high vis jacket, an extra £3.75 in your pay packet and 20% off Gusto. The volunteers will lead the rest of the SOD trolls out of the defunked thread and to a safe place. Safe place to be agreed at first volunteer meeting.
Right, just sign up below.
@Dogmuck you always bring a smile to my face. I read your reply to my suspicions about lumpfish, still not convinced 😁

I’m blocked on HoH-have they posted anything on there recently..?

• Haha
My history lessons were done abroad and the gist of it was the British and the French fighting over land and the outcome. It is so infuriating. Absolutely NO MENTION of the fact it was someone else's land and the genocide that accompanied it!!! Regardless of where you stand on the statue thing at least we are finally discussing these issues that have been swept under the carpet for far too long.
Was that called the “grab for africa” in your curriculum? We were taught it in year 9 so pre GCSE, but I remember our teacher saying how the British / French went in with automatic weapons and (trigger / vile content warning I suppose?) how the invaded countries “just had spears and bows / arrows so were just mown down” basically?! I remember sitting there like errr wtf as there was absolutely no follow up on why this isn’t okay it just went into THE EMPIRE™️! Our very brief slave trade lessons were worksheets, absolutely no conversation. I remember just a map of the world with arrows all over it, like an Eddie Stobbard logistics map none of the actual human side to it, international connotations & the way this country profited off of it. I’ve learnt more from Twitter on slavery and I did history all the way to a level! It’s so so bad.

Don’t want to add fuel to the flames but when transitioning from a Catholic primary to normal secondary I had such a huge gulf in world knowledge to fill versus my peers from normal schools too...

@Dogmuck you always bring a smile to my face. I read your reply to my suspicions about lumpfish, still not convinced 😁
I’m hoping it is or I’ll have been double bluffed! I did speak to her off air and she seemed genuine and genuinely frightened we would be like some deranged Hinch army and hunt her down. I was quite ashamed of myself for making someone feel like that...especially on here. I could never imagine Clemmie behaving the way this lady did. It was my suggestion she did a name change so she wouldn’t feel under attack 😬 didn’t know that it was something people could find. I mean next thing you’ll be seeing my old name was Alicein...😂😂😂

Anyway if I’ve been fooled so be it, I’m Dogmuck and that tit stinks 😂😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.