MOD & FOD #33 Bots a plenty, we're under attack. Don't blame me I've been hacked hacked!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oooh I might go to waitrose this arvo. Take the toddler. Get some “bits”. Treat myself. God does anyone remember “naice ham” on MN? <shudder>

They are a parable for the times we live in. Covid/lock down, boxing up statues, queuing for 4 hours to get into a McDonald’s drive thru - assume everything that wouldn’t/couldn’t happen will. They didn’t rub shoulders with the A list, they were in the cheap slot. And yeh, loan of a £250 unflattering dress - was it needle & thread? Seem to recall they loaned one to UGG for an event too. Hardly Givenchy.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Dire premier photo. Poor child with the dress that looks like a fancy loo roll cover.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I've just been reading through the Alice comments again and my favourite one was where she says that MoD and FoD are aligning themselves with the celebrity world. No matter how many times I read it I still cringe myself inside out and honestly if I'd written that about myself and was subsequently outed that alone would make me want to delete all my social media presence and never go online again - never mind all the other bitchy, racist comments she's made!
Oh I couldn’t find that comment gold 😂

Did anyone else find it weird that Clemmie/Alice invented a son?

I also love how she kept describing her own blog as “really lovely”

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Ha ha, Slymball’s gushing Lion King post - I’m dead 😂 I’m sure he’s got tears in his eyes in the photo. And using it as an opportunity to celebrate a million followers too 🤣 He is is such a sad act. I bet Clem was hoping for a Zimmerman loan or a Net-a-Porter ‘Choose whatever you want!’ agreement.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Oooh I might go to waitrose this arvo. Take the toddler. Get some “bits”. Treat myself. God does anyone remember “naice ham” on MN? <shudder>

They are a parable for the times we live in. Covid/lock down, boxing up statues, queuing for 4 hours to get into a McDonald’s drive thru - assume everything that wouldn’t/couldn’t happen will. They didn’t rub shoulders with the A list, they were in the cheap slot. And yeh, loan of a £250 unflattering dress - was it needle & thread? Seem to recall they loaned one to UGG for an event too. Hardly Givenchy.
Do! And report back - I’m so jealous you can go in, our Waitrose has loads of nice plants outside but even when we drove past at 6pm the queue was down the street so it’s too risky ☹ I got a load of different cheeses, charcoal crackers & a nice chutney (and pork pies for husband) in our Ocado shop this week - don’t know why I didn’t think to do it sooner tbh?? It’s such a fun treat.

The dress was bad and the weird boob slip that teachers always wore? N&T must really not be here for influencers cos the margin on their dresses is mental so it wouldn’t even cost them that much to give it away? They treat their staff (+ families) really well they give them freebies / new season for just cost price. Which is the way it should be, looking after staff before grabbies!!

Reactions: 12
FOD thought it would be totally appropriate for him to monetise Intenational Women's Day, and then when it turned out that was in fact a giant dick move, he thought it would be totally appropriate to do a pink apology with a cutesy curly font.
I think I sprained something from cringeing so hard!!! The greed, the inappropriateness, the cringeworthy write up (that clearly someone else did for him) and the sad apology...... These people literally leave me speechless.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
The dress was bad and the weird boob slip that teachers always wore? N&T must really not be here for influencers cos the margin on their dresses is mental so it wouldn’t even cost them that much to give it away? They treat their staff (+ families) really well they give them freebies / new season for just cost price. Which is the way it should be, looking after staff before grabbies!!
Ahh that makes me happy that N&T look after their staff so well, I love their stuff and I suggested to a friend that she got her wedding dress from them last year, and she did and looked so gorgeous in it. I wonder why they didn't give her (Clemmie) a dress that fitted without the addition that weird slip - their sizes go up to 18, so it's not like they only cater for petite ladies.

Reactions: 7
Long time reader, first time poster, hi!

registered to post because I just finished reading Candice B’s book, and the enormity of what Clemmie did with her racist posts has hit home.

CB nearly died postpartum and it would have been in no small part down to racist bias in her care. Clemmie knew the full details of this, and still wrote what she wrote.

She is a racist piece of tit.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 32
Long time reader, first time poster, hi!

registered to post because I just finished reading Candice B’s book, and the enormity of what Clemmie did with her racist posts has hit home.

CB nearly died postpartum and it would have been in no small part down to racist bias in her care. Clemmie knew the full details of this, and still wrote what she wrote.

She is a racist piece of tit.
Genuine question, does Candice mention her history of pimping other women out in her book? I’m not trying to start an argument btw and I agree that Clemmie has been racist.

Reactions: 24
No she doesn’t.

We can hold dual thoughts here though, right?

Clemmie has been an abysmal racist. It’s an absolute disgrace.

plus whatever you think about Candice’s sex linked work, which I wasn’t discussing right now, and isn’t linked to her childbirth, and medical negligence, and subsequent violent abuse by a white midwife

not linked at all

Reactions: 11
No she doesn’t.

We can hold dual thoughts here though, right?

Clemmie has been an abysmal racist. It’s an absolute disgrace.

plus whatever you think about Candice’s sex linked work, which I wasn’t discussing right now, and isn’t linked to her childbirth, and medical negligence, and subsequent violent abuse by a white midwife

not linked at all
Of course.
No need to get snippy. As I said, it was a genuine question. I’m unlikely to read CB’s book so I was interested as to whether she mentioned it or not. I find them both repulsive and whatever Clemmie thought about CB, there’s plenty of other stuff she could’ve said about her without bringing her race into it.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
what Candice did in terms of sex workers. Well Everyone can form their own opinion on that.

But to bring it up in the context of clemmie’s
racist attack is just wrong. It’s saying that anger on behalf of a woman is only justified if that woman has fully led a life you agree with.

aside from that... I’ve only just realised how serious what Clemmie did is, and I feel
Embarrassed not to see it fully earlier.

Sorry not snippy, am not very good at writing my thoughts out with the right tone, I am trying to be clear, not angry.

you can not like Candice and simultaneously hate what racist Clemmie did - that is what you are saying, right?

Reactions: 19
what Candice did in terms of sex workers. Well Everyone can form their own opinion on that.

But to bring it up in the context of clemmie’s
racist attack is just wrong. It’s saying that anger on behalf of a woman is only justified if that woman has fully led a life you agree with.

aside from that... I’ve only just realised how serious what Clemmie did is, and I feel
Embarrassed not to see it fully earlier.

Sorry not snippy, am not very good at writing my thoughts out with the right tone, I am trying to be clear, not angry.

you can not like Candice and simultaneously hate what racist Clemmie did - that is what you are saying, right?
Yes, that’s right. It was actually a genuine question but I can see how it came across so sorry about that.

There’s plenty of stuff that CB can be criticised for, but Clemmie bringing it back to race was the lowest of the low, so we agree on that.

Reactions: 17
I haven’t always liked Candice. And because of other things I am reading about racism in the current situation I wanted to read her book because I started to get a bit of sense that Maybe some of the things I didn’t like were motived by my own prejudice.

I have taken an honest look at that, and it’s nuanced but definitely some of the things I didn’t like about her were informed by my own Unknown racism, which is embarassing to admit

anyway this is not the Candice foruM and that has been done to death anyway. But I do want to say it again that Clemmie is a racist and the cheek of FOD to post anything on this topic that wasn’t a grovelling apology is astounding!!

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I just happened upon "the speech" when I was looking for the photo to use. It was like he thought he'd won a bloody Oscar :LOL:

View attachment 153061
Oh my christ this was when he got a million followers! 11 months later he’s still got a lot of followers but no ads and people are seeing through the facade bit by bit 👏

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Catching up with the last few threads.... I was one of those who defended clemmie saying she wasn't a racist. As a poc whose grandparents grew up in empire. I feel so confused and conflicted. Over the last few years, especially as my children are growing up. I feel nothing but a sense of dread towards the future. I've always convinced myself that if you work hard you can achieve in those careers full of white people, you can go and live in the country or by the coast. But as black/poc we are not welcome in those areas. I've become accustomed to the comfort of living in a mixed community in London. But I think now perhaps I've been accepting the bias and prejudice I've faced in everyday life as normal. That I, as a poc and my children are not deserving of wanting more for ourselves. I'd love to give my children a wholesome less polluted and busy life in the country /beside the coast. But these options are not available
Sorry I'm waffling... I stopped following the white middle class insta mum brigade when it hit me just how priveledged and exclusive they were. The racism is subtle and insidious. I grew up being called all sorts in the 80s. Thankfully my children have not experienced that. But they will face bias and racism in their work life from those who are priveledged. I think I'm facing up to a lot of denial I've had in regard to these issues. Because a black /poc working twice as hard still isn't good enough.
Clemmie is extremely priveledged and racist but not the only insta mum. Instagram is full to the brim of those just like her.

• Heart
Reactions: 65
Thank you for taking the time to write and sharing those thoughts which are super personal and also must be conflicting.

im a white woman and only started just to see what you describe because of the all discussion around BLM right now. That’s kind of why i read the Candice Book, even though I’m not a fan of her. And re-evaluating Clemmie having seen what you describe made me feel so sick.

yes I bet all the insta mums are guilty of it. I mean, everyone is, so how can they not be. Bleurhh it’s so bad. Do you feel that the current discussions around BLM can improve things - as more pepple start to understand it?

• Heart
The High Low podcast week before last had Candice on talking about her new book. She doesn't mention Clemmie at all (doubtful given I think the high low shares an agent with clemmie?) But she DOES talk about the instamum world and how she was left out.

Reactions: 2
Catching up with the last few threads.... I was one of those who defended clemmie saying she wasn't a racist. As a poc whose grandparents grew up in empire. I feel so confused and conflicted. Over the last few years, especially as my children are growing up. I feel nothing but a sense of dread towards the future. I've always convinced myself that if you work hard you can achieve in those careers full of white people, you can go and live in the country or by the coast. But as black/poc we are not welcome in those areas. I've become accustomed to the comfort of living in a mixed community in London. But I think now perhaps I've been accepting the bias and prejudice I've faced in everyday life as normal. That I, as a poc and my children are not deserving of wanting more for ourselves. I'd love to give my children a wholesome less polluted and busy life in the country /beside the coast. But these options are not available
Sorry I'm waffling... I stopped following the white middle class insta mum brigade when it hit me just how priveledged and exclusive they were. The racism is subtle and insidious. I grew up being called all sorts in the 80s. Thankfully my children have not experienced that. But they will face bias and racism in their work life from those who are priveledged. I think I'm facing up to a lot of denial I've had in regard to these issues. Because a black /poc working twice as hard still isn't good enough.
Clemmie is extremely priveledged and racist but not the only insta mum. Instagram is full to the brim of those just like her.
Wow. That’s so humbling and frighteningly sad. I’m sorry you’ve been made to feel that way. I’m sorry on behalf of white people and I’m sorry we haven’t done enough to make your life equal. I can only hope that this spark we are currently seeing triggers some real change 🥰

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.