MOD & FOD #32 Herringbone, it’s Clem. I need new locks, the skeletons have escaped

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just can’t get over the fact a person would even do this, write posts under a fake name, it’s just so nuts. She must hate that people can still dig this up on here. I don’t know how she faces people in her profession and her family/friends, so humiliating. I would hope the ground swallows me up and my only response would be - I will no longer have public social media and keep well out of the public eye.
I totally agree. I’m still sat here in my late 30’s re-hashing stuff from my teenage years and feeling a tad mortified (not quite humiliated, it has been 20 years after all) about it. To be caught out, have the media write about it, searchable on google...I would just back away and move on with my life.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I don’t think there’s any scope for return at all, I think approaching a black influencer or even black owned brands right now would absolutely (and rightfully) explode in their faces as it’s exploitative tbh.

She had her own 100% her race scandal, she was the first big white MC insta mama to be called out for it, deleted and went into hiding. FOD may as well have deleted that day too, he’s only really had AXA pay him anything of note and look how poorly that went down.

Now BLM has risen public consciousness / made the white MC gatekeepers and consumers of content actually think for once. I don’t know how much of it I believe will stick tbh, but they’re all being called out left right and centre now. I think the key is the audiences challenging what they’re viewing - is it right / normal that they’re viewing the school yard cool girls (and like at school, they’re not cool they’re just “rich” albeit with freebies) preaching what their lives and methods of motherhood should look like? Is it right to promote unethical brands? Is it right to promote this level of consumption? Why are the campaigns you’re involved in not featuring a diverse array of women? Tbh I think it’s interesting this has happened in covid where a lot of ppl are re considering what’s important & (ethical) consumerism anyway, and influencers were already under criticism.

It’s two huge blows to that community & they are like bleeping cockroaches don’t get me wrong they will iterate and evolve to survive this. For “existing” white creators it’ll be hard enough - if they manage to not have anything from the past dredged up they now have to actually put their money where their insta grids are and not work with your Anthropologies, your fast fashion brands, your right wing donors, etc etc which makes sustaining their income very tough. Maybe it won’t be possible to sustain it as your full time career? Who knows! For BAME creatives you’ll have big brands desperate to align with them for optics, and that’ll be tough for them and I’m sure there will be some social tit storms over that too (for both creator and brands).

But the fact is it’s hard enough for none out and out racists to navigate this new world, much less someone who’s already got the dirtiest reputation out the lot? Her name is synonymous with racism. If you look on google trends people are just searching for her race scandal, not her work (anymore) and not her ~interiors or style (ever).

Influencers don’t add value the way most of us in honest employment do, MOD wasn’t the best Instagram content producer in the world she was offered a LOT of opportunities. Which her privileges - white, MC, well spoken, pretty, married mother - afforded her. All of that tit opens doors and it’s easier to schmooze with brands when you’ve all been raised the same way, you see it in offices don’t you.

Insta influencing isn’t a talent game either. Big celebs navigate misdemeanours / crimes because they are so undeniably talented (MJ, R Kelly, etc etc) and also becsuse people don’t care about their victims (black / women). Like that Scandimum’s post basically said yeah I saw it, it was drama and awful but I didn’t take action.... we can only assume because it didn’t hurt or offend them personally as WW and they’re happy to let CB deal with it herself? Now people are happily admitting to caring about black lives for the first time and will more pro actively avoid racist creators.

At the end of the day all CH or any of them are is sales reps - brands got in touch & she promoted their tit, that is it. There’s no shortage of women wholly capable of doing the same job so why would anyone risk anything on her? The Texan huns etc backing her need genuine help and de programming, but I think a lot of women do because of how toxic the cult of insta mama was.

Sorry this is an essay - I think we’re at such an interesting time in like social x internet history (can you call it sociology?!) and I can’t wait to see how it pans out for influencer marketing and tbh brands.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Absolutely she was - she was first here to comment on the Cash Carraway threads / instamums thread before hers (as we all know). So her purely lowering herself to become a tattler user to ‘defend’ her family appears all tosh.

And if she was worried about this (pic attached), she most probably spent the last few month yelling curses to the sky. However, now they’re all copping it for being complicit with her comments through their silence.
That was another nasty swipe; this was aimed at INPOLife who had posted pics of herself with Davina McCall at the Ryvita dance event. Huh, if it’s good enough for Davina, why isn’t it good for everyone else, so catty.

I bet she’s a lot less snobby about such events these days, eh ‘Alice’?

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Just read the Scandimum_ stuff on her page and the comments.

Is it just me or does this whole BLM conversation happening on Instagram feel like scenes from The Crucible (Author Millers play - for anyone who hasn’t read it, it’s a play it’s based on the Salem witch trials)? Every single one of the influencers is doing some sort of public apology and accepting their part (because they are shitting it that they will be called out by others) but then pointing their fingers at other “more witchier” witches. The whole conversation is making me cringe. Not because I’m offended by the conversation, it needs to happen, but because these fuckers are fake lying salesmen and women and they aren’t sorry, they aren’t sincere they are doing it to save THEIR bacon not to address or change the very clear imbalance and injustice that’s been around for hundreds of years. It’s all tactical, it’s all tick box and the more I read the more angry it makes me. It’s seems that everyone is missing that HUGE part of this.

So here it is, we have salespeople selling us tit from their home, with their kids and their dogs etc (relatables), telling us how easy life is with Gusto, how much nicer we’d look with Marks & Spencer frocks, how much cooler our house would look with the westelm coffee table or mirror and to cement these “facts” some other salespeople, who know each other (their pods/mates), write fawning responses on the advert “wow that’s stunning” “I need this in my life” blah blah blah - you know the script.

The BLM movement on Instagram seems to be white privileged influencers accepting they’ve been eating all the sales cake and so as not be called racist are having a slice of humble pie and are now allowing the black influencers a slice of their very lucrative sales pie.

I’ll say it again the problem with influencers is not their colour or class it’s the fact they are shady salespeople who lie and deceive and profit off that behaviour. There were a lot of black/poc influencers who are coming out strong now but were also silent around Clemmies misdemeanours. It all feels fake af to me, the whole lot of them either salvaging something from this or hoping to profit. Pisses me right off they all need to stop thinking they are something special and just duck off into oblivion

• Heart
Reactions: 32

Is it just me or does this whole BLM conversation happening on Instagram feel like scenes from The Crucible (Author Millers play - for anyone who hasn’t read it, it’s a play it’s based on the Salem witch trials)? Every single one of the influencers is doing some sort of public apology and accepting their part (because they are shitting it that they will be called out by others) but then pointing their fingers at other “more witchier” witches. The whole conversation is making me cringe. Not because I’m offended by the conversation, it needs to happen, but because these fuckers are fake lying salesmen and women and they aren’t sorry, they aren’t sincere they are doing it to save THEIR bacon not to address or change the very clear imbalance and injustice that’s been around for hundreds of years. It’s all tactical, it’s all tick box and the more I read the more angry it makes me. It’s seems that everyone is missing that HUGE part of this.

So here it is, we have salespeople selling us tit from their home, with their kids and their dogs etc (relatables), telling us how easy life is with Gusto, how much nicer we’d look with Marks & Spencer frocks, how much cooler our house would look with the westelm coffee table or mirror and to cement these “facts” some other salespeople, who know each other (their pods/mates), write fawning responses on the advert “wow that’s stunning” “I need this in my life” blah blah blah - you know the script.

The BLM movement on Instagram seems to be white privileged influencers accepting they’ve been eating all the sales cake and so as not be called racist are having a slice of humble pie and are now allowing the black influencers a slice of their very lucrative sales pie.

I’ll say it again the problem with influencers is not their colour or class it’s the fact they are shady salespeople who lie and deceive and profit off that behaviour. There were a lot of black/poc influencers who are coming out strong now but were also silent around Clemmies misdemeanours. It all feels fake af to me, the whole lot of them either salvaging something from this or hoping to profit. Pisses me right off they all need to stop thinking they are something special and just duck off into oblivion
Yes to all of this. Totally agree about The Crucible similarities / also similar to The Scarlet Letter / McCarthyism - anything with mass finger pointing to detract the negative attention from themselves.

Down with the influencers!! Go and get a real job (if you can). I do not need to be told what to wear and buy. Consumerism is dead anyways!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I just can’t get over the fact a person would even do this, write posts under a fake name, it’s just so nuts. She must hate that people can still dig this up on here. I don’t know how she faces people in her profession and her family/friends, so humiliating. I would hope the ground swallows me up and my only response would be - I will no longer have public social media and keep well out of the public eye.
Yep so embarrassing that narcissistic enough to feel brave enough to come back to social media - where is their sense of shame!

• Heart
Yes to all of this. Totally agree about The Crucible similarities / also similar to The Scarlet Letter / McCarthyism - anything with mass finger pointing to detract the negative attention from themselves.

Down with the influencers!! Go and get a real job (if you can). I do not need to be told what to wear and buy. Consumerism is dead anyways!
Bet it would be hard to get a real job now. The majority have ditched jobs in the real world (Victoria Eames for example was in teaching) pratted about on insta.... not helped their reputations one bit. What would they put on their CV....or just leave a gap?!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
Bet it would be hard to get a real job now. The majority have ditched jobs in the real world (Victoria Eames for example was in teaching) pratted about on insta.... not helped their reputations one bit. What would they put on their CV....or just leave a gap?!
She was teaching?! Good grief. Not saying of course that teachers do not have potty mouths, I know plenty that do. They also didn’t have a intermittent insta life where they talked about their husband’s balls and their fanny, etc. etc. alongside photos of their husbands on the bog 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
While we're discussing some of "Alice's" posts, I thought I'd just pop the amazing disappearing apology on here again for anyone coming to this late who may not have seen it during its original brief 24 hours appearance, and for any people reading through these threads in the future.
[Keywords for search engines: Mother of Daughters apology, Clemmie Hooper apology]

Apology1.jpg
Apology2.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
While we're discussing some of "Alice's" posts, I thought I'd just pop the amazing disappearing apology on here again for anyone coming to this late who may not have seen it during its original brief 24 hours appearance, and for any people reading through these threads in the future.
[Keywords for search engines: Mother of Daughters apology, Clemmie Hooper apology]

View attachment 152398View attachment 152400
‘I know there are some rumours circulating.’

LOL....rumours!!!

• Haha
  • Heart
When looking at the thread 🧐, it’s interesting (Tier 3 instamums). When Alice / Clemmie first mentions Candice, it’s complimentary. Then, several pages later, she calls her aggressive. She isn’t challenged - some people agree with her actually, as they were discussing one of Candice’s stories where she is angrily calling out someone - but Alice / Clem also goes on to call her aggressive two or three more times.

I think another poster must have chimed in and said something worse than her, and that person was then called out for being racist (by about two people) - which Clemmie did LIKE.

The thread is really interesting, as there are clearly several ‘influencers’ on there getting shirty 😂 and then Candice’s husband comes on for a discussion, and then Mother Pukka comes on for a discussion! The crazy early days, hey!
It’s also really funny to see some of her responses to things said about her. My favourite one is when she thinks someone lives on her street 😂 And also to see what she must have read about herself 😬😂

Plus, she really was quite bitchy about some her ‘lower tier’ colleagues. Anyway, that’s my blast from the past this fair morning!
The hypocrisy and lies make my head explode. Sometimes I feel a tiny bit sorry for Clemmie but then reading this back I think she deserves all that she’s got, or hasn’t got, right now. I’d forgotten how sustained the attack on CB was. How TF have Kings continued to support Clemmie? She is truly the worst. (Does anyone remember those photos she used to post, of her on a lunch break at work? Scrubs visible, a tanned, pedicured foot slipped out of and resting on top of a pink Croc, health M&S lunch neatly laid out next to a Chillys bottle with perhaps a botanical print on it... ugh she’s vile!)
As for her apology, wow. WOW. Is anyone else’s NPD klaxon ringing loudly in their ear?! She truly is a bleeping DICK.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
@Pocahontas i forgot about all the details, brilliant reading it again. She really was (is) so repulsive isn’t she? Clemmie is in it for herself, I don’t even believe her actions were for her family, purely for her own ego.

I like Scandimum as she is not “scared” by the Insta Hun crap. They are all vile child selling humans. I’ve tried to avoid Susie Verrill thread as too much time invested in Tattle, however I can feel it whispering to me....
Oh you get the whispers, too? 😂 I barely even comment on my fave threads any more, just bounce between thoughts and comments before the protagonist takes a dramatic turn and I’m reading about it at 2am!

• Haha
Reactions: 7

View attachment 152398View attachment 152400
The irony that Susie Verrill dragged MOD for this, in the wake of her own non-apology is not lost on me. At least MOD used the word ‘sorry’ even if she did play the victim, completely side step the full extent of her behaviour. Also both MOD and Susie have completely side stepped the racist elephant in the room in their feeble attempts to say sorry. Just incredible how the huns still flock around them, albeit in MODs case through HOH and FOD.

I don’t feel sorry for all they’ve lost when it’s self inflicted and they can earn a crust in the real world.

The hypocrisy and lies make my head explode. Sometimes I feel a tiny bit sorry for Clemmie but then reading this back I think she deserves all that she’s got, or hasn’t got, right now. I’d forgotten how sustained the attack on CB was. How TF have Kings continued to support Clemmie? She is truly the worst. (Does anyone remember those photos she used to post, of her on a lunch break at work? Scrubs visible, a tanned, pedicured foot slipped out of and resting on top of a pink Croc, health M&S lunch neatly laid out next to a Chillys bottle with perhaps a botanical print on it... ugh she’s vile!)
As for her apology, wow. WOW. Is anyone else’s NPD klaxon ringing loudly in their ear?! She truly is a bleeping DICK.
👏 This exactly....though you’ve missed the tacky jewellery deliberately placed over the top of her scrubs.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12

Agree so much with all of this, brilliantly put dear Dogmuck 🙌

I’m also becoming uncomfortable with how this is playing out, the focus isn’t on BLM - it’s on the confession and redemption of these women who regardless of tier or whatever, are all cut from the same cloth. And they only have one objective, to be seen as friends of BLM and to save their own careers. It’s actually really sickening. It feels like tokenistic bandwagon jumping and I really hope that the age of the Instamumhun is over soon.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
She was teaching?! Good grief. Not saying of course that teachers do not have potty mouths, I know plenty that do. They also didn’t have a intermittent insta life where they talked about their husband’s balls and their fanny, etc. etc. alongside photos of their husbands on the bog 😂
Tbh I’m sadly not surprised to hear she’s a teacher to boot after her racist dog whistling carry on. MC white women love a poverty safari to go teach “in the hood” (her own words referring to the area she chose to move to...) and ~save the children~. Once they reach 18 it’s fine for them to be fodder of her embarrassing racially loaded insta captions tho, obvs

• Heart
Reactions: 9
👏 This exactly....though you’ve missed the tacky jewellery deliberately placed over the top of her scrubs.
Ha ha! And a pristine paperback (ie not actually being read) as recommended by her mate Dolly Alderton also in shot!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Agree so much with all of this, brilliantly put dear Dogmuck 🙌

I’m also becoming uncomfortable with how this is playing out, the focus isn’t on BLM - it’s on the confession and redemption of these women who regardless of tier or whatever, are all cut from the same cloth. And they only have one objective, to be seen as friends of BLM and to save their own careers. It’s actually really sickening. It feels like tokenistic bandwagon jumping and I really hope that the age of the Instamumhun is over soon.
Literally exactly this!! It’s so easy to copy or write a lil essay on the matter, fast forward 3 months how many of them are going to have made any actual change? Like actively tackled their prejudices, added on inclusivity or CSR riders to their contracts, asked brands why their marketing teams are all white? Will they turn down £ from those all white marketing departments? It’s a total box ticking activity.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I love how Mod presents joining Tattle as some kind of covert ops. ‘I decided to become one of *them*’ so she could challenge us 🤣🤣 I wonder if she wore a fake moustache and glasses as she sat at her keyboard and poured out vitriol against the lesser tiered instamums. She did a great job of changing how people viewed her. If anyone wasn’t sure before, we now know for certain she’s a grade A witch.
She should also give herself a pat on the back for being the first influencer to give a non-apology for her hypocritical behaviour. In the wake of all the others that have been doing it this week, MOD can congratulate herself on being a true trailblazer. Whence she goes, all the others follow 😆

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
I love how Mod presents joining Tattle as some kind of covert ops. ‘I decided to become one of *them*’ so she could challenge us 🤣🤣 I wonder if she wore a fake moustache and glasses as she sat at her keyboard and poured out vitriol against the lesser tiered instamums. She did a great job of changing how people viewed her. If anyone wasn’t sure before, we now know for certain she’s a grade A witch.
She should also give herself a pat on the back for being the first influencer to give a non-apology for her hypocritical behaviour. In the wake of all the others that have been doing it this week, MOD can congratulate herself on being a true trailblazer. Whence she goes, all the others follow 😆
😂😂😂😂 👏👏👏👏
She could only WISH to be “one of them” - for starters she’d need some serious surgery, starting with a reversal lobotomy and a comedy implant.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
‘My family and I’ in her apology has aspirations of Queen-ing.

Oh, Clembot. How much you lost. Still, at least you have your house and your lovely, healthy girls and your FOD. And a duck off lot of clothes and shoe boxes stuffed into kitchen cupboards. Enjoy them and forget being the Instagram interiors wizard behind the House of Hooper curtain.

Dunno what to expect for FOD’s return. I think he’s going to lay low for a while yet. Waiting for it to all blow over. If it does!

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.