MOD & FOD #32 Herringbone, it’s Clem. I need new locks, the skeletons have escaped

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t know how much they earn for affiliate links but there was a big hoo ha about swipe ups at one point because the cookies stay on your device for several weeks. So even if you don’t buy what the influencers recommend, if you go back to the website days later and buy something totally unrelated, the influencer still gets a percentage. I don’t know if that’s still true or not as I don’t know anything about the technicalities. Maybe someone with more knowledge about that works can confirm or deny?

Cross posted with @OhMyWord 🤣🤣 must be true!
Thanks both.
Technophobe here....how do I delete cookies on an iPhone?! I started looking after it got mentioned here before but then never found it!

I do usually close the link and re-open (or go through quidco so I get the money 😜) but sounds like that might not fully do it!

Reactions: 7
So how does it work with gifts, when they get gifted something do they get paid a fee as well. E.g. do they get the £4K sink and another few K on top?

And I know the SOD’s don’t do this (I don’t think) but how much do influencers get for affiliate linking? I’ve seen one refer to it as ‘few extra pennies’ and another as ‘pocket money’ (err, are you 5 years old?!) but this seems like the easiest cash cow in the world...lots of the fashion ones just put screenshots of things from web pages and stick a swipe up on!
It depends on the negotiation really. At the size they were I’d imagine most things were on a fee basis, which goes to show how much these floggers actually like the products they’re telling us are all essentials we need to go out and buy doesn’t it. I know smaller bloggers IRL and a lot of them get gifted stuff with the option of coverage, or invited to events but with no fees. These are nice ~fashion / lifestyle accounts (not SOD tat) so the relationships & placement are a bit more organic?

Affiliates - they are purposefully reductive about this. It varies by retailer or network but it’s a percentage of a purchase, so obviously if you link something that’s a few quid it will be pennies per sale. In aggregate it’ll be a lot, and there are a lot of bloggers who just survive on this alone. The exact %s aren’t really public info so sadly I can’t source a table comparing them all for the thread but I’d say it averages at 10%, lowest is likely 3% odd? And then it’s just a numbers game init if you’re Hinch earning 3% of a £15 mop yes that’s 45 pennies, but * 100,000 rabid fans buying that’s £45k. If you’re Clem and it’s a £4k sink every single purchase yields you £120.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Blimey, 25k per ad? How the mighty have fallen. No wonder they’re desperate to revive brand SOD, they surely must be struggling financially now that their income from IG has been practically wiped out 🤔
yup noticed the same - he must have been on to them!!
someone had commented on the original saying it was unfair to name him when everyone else is anonymous.. which I suppose is correct even though I personally enjoyed the irrational anger I got thinkIng about him smirking whilst demanding 25k for his quality content.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Can someone send the now deleted info on how much he earned to the journalist who wrote the recent article?

Reactions: 5
Thanks both.
Technophobe here....how do I delete cookies on an iPhone?! I started looking after it got mentioned here before but then never found it!

I do usually close the link and re-open (or go through quidco so I get the money 😜) but sounds like that might not fully do it!
Settings -> Safari -> Advanced (very bottom) -> Website Date and click ‘Remove All’

(I don’t randomly know this, I had to do it yesterday due to a technical issue haha)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Settings -> Safari -> Advanced (very bottom) -> Website Date and click ‘Remove All’

(I don’t randomly know this, I had to do it yesterday due to a technical issue haha)
Thanks so much! Will make sure they don’t get any more pennies from me!

• Haha
Reactions: 6

Oh thanks so much, I’ve just done that. 👏🏻👏🏻

Thinking of her on holiday I can still see that smug fake smiling face with her hair tied with a scarf, (floral, of course) all the huns wanted to know where they could get one 🙄
And the obligatory straw basket with Amour written in colourful Pom Poms.🤢

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 12
I remember very well the holiday phase too, I was thinking I should check those kind of places it looks fantastic to go with the kids. And then looking at the prices and feeling like ok that will never happen. I never spent money because of them and went into debts like some but the price I paid was on my mental health. I remember very well feeling like tit because my holidays were in a mobile home in France (very nice place mind you), I didn’t own fancy clothes and my home decor was not super trendy. I know now that it was so silly but I’ll never forgive the exploitation of women’s when they’re at the weakest time of their life (pregnancy, birth and early kids years).

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 31
Does Clammie still have her constantly name changing Twitter account?

Reactions: 4
Back in the early ish threads, a poster here totted up all of the potential cost of the gifted holidays that the SODs / MOD had. Which was A Lot. ‘Alice’ was clearly pissed off that someone had done that as it exposed what utter beggars they were / are.

She even gave the classic ‘Whoah, you’ve got a lot of time on your hands there’ putdown, THEN had to backtrack as the user said she was chronically ill and bedbound. What a dick!

I remember being tres amused when reading that in my catch up.

Attachments

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 25
10000% this. The women she so desperately wanted to become actually get paid for their work as stylists & interior designers though, when they tweak its cool and minimal stuff. What would CH have to offer? Oh sweetie I just spend all bleeping day on Pinterest and then take it to a kitchen shop in Canterbury and they try their best 😂🤷🏻‍♀️ She wanted an entirely different lifestyle that she doesn’t have the skill set or drive to accomplish.

At some point these type of high end home & lifestyle freebies will dry up for all influencers as brands realise the ROI simply isn’t there, women spending £40k on kitchens aren’t looking at a family in Ramsgate for inspo. If anything it’d put them off? The middle class followers who could buy it on credit are probably going to find a mid point dupe or just buy the premium fittings / select elements?

Also... we are about to enter a horrific recession?? These niche brands who just sell £90 light switches are likely not going to make it through the other end, if they choose to give bits away for free more fool them.
PreeeeeeeciseLY!

It’s interesting that MoD reference TOWIE in her ‘devil’s advocate’ post because I think she had a similar aspiration, to be famous just for being herself and then watch all the colabs and freebies roll in. Which is basically what happens with Generation Reality TV isn’t it, they get given all sorts of opportunities - and also seem to be a bit more clued up on the make hay while the sun shines reality of their shelf life - just for having their mugs on TV. Zero talent required.

Its simultaneously very funny and very tragic that MoD seems to think that she can edge her way into the interiors world with the House of Horrors. Er 2017 called, it wants it’s house back! It’s a shame that she didn’t stay in her lane (soz I hate that saying) with the midwifery stuff and done better with that. Got some media coaching and maybe thrown her support behind the recruitment issues midwifery has - I’m so sure that with some proper guidance she could have done some good stuff. Then she really would have been St Clem of Midwifery with a little side passion for interiors and fashion and OMG isn’t her home actually quite nice for a hardworking NHS mummy of four etc etc. Does anyone remember Beverley Turner’s comments about MoD when Alicegate blew up? She said something about how when she met MoD, dungarees and fringe an’ all, it was clear MoD knew exactly where she was heading and had her own clear agenda to get there.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
The TOWIE lot of Ramsgate is how she must see herself! TOWIR or TOWIT (the only way is Thanet)...or TOWISODDING autocorrect kept changing it to DUNG instead of DING!🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 9
PreeeeeeeciseLY!

It’s interesting that MoD reference TOWIE in her ‘devil’s advocate’ post because I think she had a similar aspiration, to be famous just for being herself and then watch all the colabs and freebies roll in. Which is basically what happens with Generation Reality TV isn’t it, they get given all sorts of opportunities - and also seem to be a bit more clued up on the make hay while the sun shines reality of their shelf life - just for having their mugs on TV. Zero talent required.

Its simultaneously very funny and very tragic that MoD seems to think that she can edge her way into the interiors world with the House of Horrors. Er 2017 called, it wants it’s house back! It’s a shame that she didn’t stay in her lane (soz I hate that saying) with the midwifery stuff and done better with that. Got some media coaching and maybe thrown her support behind the recruitment issues midwifery has - I’m so sure that with some proper guidance she could have done some good stuff. Then she really would have been St Clem of Midwifery with a little side passion for interiors and fashion and OMG isn’t her home actually quite nice for a hardworking NHS mummy of four etc etc. Does anyone remember Beverley Turner’s comments about MoD when Alicegate blew up? She said something about how when she met MoD, dungarees and fringe an’ all, it was clear MoD knew exactly where she was heading and had her own clear agenda to get there.
I remember that so well. Sorry for the second page where it doesn’t show it in full but I don’t want to subscribe to The Times.

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Didn’t ‘Alice’ make a remark about how she wasn’t MOD and they (fake Alice and her family) only go on camping holidays? She’d better get packing that tent because after all this is done, they’ll only be looking at a rainy ten days in Milton Keynes 😏 No more freebie exotic carribean holidays for the likes of you, lady.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
The f*cking irony of someone so utterly addicted to their own online presence calling out someone for putting together half a dozen bullet points on a forum :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Didn’t ‘Alice’ make a remark about how she wasn’t MOD and they (fake Alice and her family) only go on camping holidays? She’d better get packing that tent because after all this is done, they’ll only be looking at a rainy ten days in Milton Keynes 😏 No more freebie exotic carribean holidays for the likes of you, lady.
You mean this one? 😂

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
She can go and see Susie Verrill and discuss what it's like to fall from grace amid a racism scandal...

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.