MOD & FOD #32 Herringbone, it’s Clem. I need new locks, the skeletons have escaped

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry, totally new to posting here so I got that wrong!
Completely agree with this, I have no followers on my instagram account because i simply don’t use it to post, I use it to follow people who I find interesting. Sometimes I comment, not often. Why does that make me a potential troll or someone not worth responding to??!!

Reactions: 8
Free bleeping 10k holidays and more thrown at them and I've spent the morning battling with booking.com and a Hostal (yes hostal) in Barcelona to get my £320 back.

Bastards, all of them!

• Heart
Reactions: 22
She looked completely miserable the whole time she was there and her photos were tit.
This 👆. I couldn't even tell you what resort or holiday company she was supposed to be advertising. Most of the time there seems to be no professional pride in the paid content they produce, it's half-arsed, unimaginative and often full of spelling and grammar errors. I've seen much better content from people who are not being compensated in any way!

Reactions: 19
YES!! Exactly this. It always pissed me off when an influencer would come on and do a sadface and go onto explain how much ‘work’ went on behind the scenes when posting a photo. They would explain how they actually had to go to an event (boohoo 🙄) and then take some photos of it. It must have been absolutely exhausting, the poor loves.

For (almost) full disclosure, I have a popular-ish IG (nowhere in the region of some of these. Maybe have about 19k followers and I don’t feature my kids or private life on my feed). I take photos and post on IG because I enjoy it and for no other reason. I’ve turned down ads and gifts because that’s not for me. It’s not work anyway and I don’t want to make a precarious living out of it. The way some of them talk though, you’d think it was the equivalent of working 70 hours a week in a factory, when in reality it’s the easiest money they’ll ever make from what is a nothing more than a hobby. I hate the lot of them.
The one who really gets my goat is Cara Sutherland. I unfollowed yonks ago because she constantly used to moan about how few likes she’d get. But then if you looked through the comments on her post, she’d rarely reply/like comments and if she did, it was only to fellow instamums. The sense of entitlement was incredible, like she’d spent half an hour posing for a picture and constructing a two paragraph caption and expecting thousands of sheep to fawn over her. And the engagement on her # ads was even lower, not even scraping a thousand likes, which is pretty poor on an account her size.
But the nail in the coffin was when she posted a pic of herself saying how fat she looked. Like, we’re all entitled to feel how we feel about our bodies, but don’t go posting these self pitying sob stories just to get people to comment. It’s a bit cringe.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
This 👆. I couldn't even tell you what resort or holiday company she was supposed to be advertising. Most of the time there seems to be no professional pride in the paid content they produce, it's half-arsed, unimaginative and often full of spelling and grammar errors. I've seen much better content from people who are not being compensated in any way!
The thing I find interesting about that though, is that, even after her poor performance on the first holiday, I’m almost certain she was gifted a second holiday by the same company the year after. I can’t imagine any company being happy with what she produced and it’s a tiny section of her followers that would’ve been able to afford a holiday like that in the first place. So did they keep working with her because her ad produced results or did they wish to be associated with the OD brand/lifestyle? I’d be really interested to know what their thinking is.

Reactions: 18
Not sure there is actually much left on the house- it seems pretty complete and habitable already. Spindles done in less than 5 years wouldn't be a priority for me to sort out. Garden= just fill the tub with soil, pop some plants in it and it's an art installation that challenges. You wash your body with water, the bath is nourishing the plants but it's outside. Everything that's important is already within. :ROFLMAO:
But the house was going to be their next big cash cow, I think they were probably going to endlessly redecorate for content - I bet there was a plan for the garden in the works, plus a snazzy utility/boot room too and defo a redo of the lounge. The house already looks dated with all that grey and the hideously done gallery wall and every other microtrend gleaned from Pinterest. I reckon MoD saw herself following Erica Davis or that woman who has just turned a stable into a guest house with the weird chipboard kitchen which I think she ended up painting lilac, you know - the interior accounts that just constantly switch things around and redecorate.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
She’s the epitome of greed to me - never happy no matter how much crap she got given. She obviously thought she was worthy of flying in a private jet, business class would never have been enough. I remember she was over the moon on being covered by Vogue swooshing around in her frumpy, floral maxi.
Totally agree!!!! And let’s NEVER forget her comment as Alice saying that the SODs were basically moving in celebrity circles now. That is exactly where she saw herself and it was clear she wasn’t happy with the level of partnerships she was getting towards the end, she made everything look like it was a boring chore to her - remember the monotonous M&S ads she did, she couldn’t even fake interest and enjoyment for them while discussing how she would pair a silk slip skirt with a fine knit 🙄 And a white trainer or whatever obvs.
Both of them need to practice some serious gratitude if they ever want to be happy.

The thing I find interesting about that though, is that, even after her poor performance on the first holiday, I’m almost certain she was gifted a second holiday by the same company the year after. I can’t imagine any company being happy with what she produced and it’s a tiny section of her followers that would’ve been able to afford a holiday like that in the first place. So did they keep working with her because her ad produced results or did they wish to be associated with the OD brand/lifestyle? I’d be really interested to know what their thinking is.
Yes I’d like to know too. I can only imagine it was the reach of their combined followers that appealed? Were they pushing 2 million between them at one point?

• Heart
Reactions: 17
But the house was going to be their next big cash cow, I think they were probably going to endlessly redecorate for content - I bet there was a plan for the garden in the works, plus a snazzy utility/boot room too and defo a redo of the lounge. The house already looks dated with all that grey and the hideously done gallery wall and every other microtrend gleaned from Pinterest. I reckon MoD saw herself following Erica Davis or that woman who has just turned a stable into a guest house with the weird chipboard kitchen which I think she ended up painting lilac, you know - the interior accounts that just constantly switch things around and redecorate.
10000% this. The women she so desperately wanted to become actually get paid for their work as stylists & interior designers though, when they tweak its cool and minimal stuff. What would CH have to offer? Oh sweetie I just spend all bleeping day on Pinterest and then take it to a kitchen shop in Canterbury and they try their best 😂🤷🏻‍♀️ She wanted an entirely different lifestyle that she doesn’t have the skill set or drive to accomplish.

At some point these type of high end home & lifestyle freebies will dry up for all influencers as brands realise the ROI simply isn’t there, women spending £40k on kitchens aren’t looking at a family in Ramsgate for inspo. If anything it’d put them off? The middle class followers who could buy it on credit are probably going to find a mid point dupe or just buy the premium fittings / select elements?

Also... we are about to enter a horrific recession?? These niche brands who just sell £90 light switches are likely not going to make it through the other end, if they choose to give bits away for free more fool them.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
My entirely unqualified opinion is that after we get through this depressing time in history, bright colours and cheerful design are going to come back into fashion and the HoH will look very dated. Even now, although I often quite like dark colours and old-fashioned patterns, the photos of the house they've posted so far are incredibly dreary.

If they manage to get the #gifted goodies, I wonder if they'll redo the whole thing before long.

• Heart
Genuine question and sort of playing devils advoctae here. Why does it matter how many holidays paid/gifted these influencers go on. Out of their collective 1.5 million followers someone somewhere will be able to afford these so why should they have to advertise items that only the average joe blogs can afford? People like mod/fod are aligning themselves now in the sort of celebrity world and many many celebrities go on free holidays (towie lot for eg) and we don’t berate them in the same way. Just a thought
You're sort of aligning yourselves in the disgraced celebrity world now Alice, does that count? :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 23
All of her #gifted holidays were portrayed horribly. None moreso than when they went to Disney World and complained the entire time. But Mauritius looked boring, as did St Lucia, the Turkey all-inclusive looked no different than the one I had been at 2 weeks earlier (for less money). They, and especially MOD, did a horrible job of ‘selling’ anything despite telling us sheep that she was going on the hols simply for us, to show us everything. She was doing us such a favour. I would have been embarrassed if I was Destinology, Mark Warner, etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
You're sort of aligning yourselves in the disgraced celebrity world now Alice, does that count? :LOL:
F**k me sideways 🤣🤣🤣 An m&s ad and tickets to the lion king a celebrity doth not make 🤣🤣🤣 this is absolutely hilarious! She actually thought that they were above the average ‘Joe Blogs’ (it’s Bloggs, btw you arsecandle) with all their free tit. But in fact, real celebrities pay for their holidays and don’t have to document every second of their lives online for the world to see, selling their daughter’s privacy while they’re at it!!

Right, I’m off to read through all of Alice’s comments again for the lols. See you in august 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
So how does it work with gifts, when they get gifted something do they get paid a fee as well. E.g. do they get the £4K sink and another few K on top?

And I know the SOD’s don’t do this (I don’t think) but how much do influencers get for affiliate linking? I’ve seen one refer to it as ‘few extra pennies’ and another as ‘pocket money’ (err, are you 5 years old?!) but this seems like the easiest cash cow in the world...lots of the fashion ones just put screenshots of things from web pages and stick a swipe up on!

Reactions: 4
So while I read tattle work I listen to podcasts etc and this just came up on Spotify...are they still promoting this?! By ‘they’ I don’t know if I mean MOD/FOD or the company that produces the podcast? Also is Spotify aware that I’m reading about/commenting on MOD here so a fucked up algorithm suggests her podcast?!
There is a slight irony that it’s been suggested alongside podcasts hosted by comedians, people with actual talent who have grafted.

Alice’s comments really made me chuckle - I’d momentarily forgotten what an inflated sense of self she had, thinking they were on the celebrity circuit. I really hope the arse falls out from under all these influencers in the wake of BLM backlash (not the movement but it showing what sycophantic virtue signallers they are), the current economic climate/impending recession and that Influencer Pay Gap account - maybe they’ll get a good dose of humble pie when they have to return to the real world for work and can’t bullshit it 24/7.

41F98C72-590D-4319-A154-3B47A6A4E154.jpeg

• Heart
So how does it work with gifts, when they get gifted something do they get paid a fee as well. E.g. do they get the £4K sink and another few K on top?

And I know the SOD’s don’t do this (I don’t think) but how much do influencers get for affiliate linking? I’ve seen one refer to it as ‘few extra pennies’ and another as ‘pocket money’ (err, are you 5 years old?!) but this seems like the easiest cash cow in the world...lots of the fashion ones just put screenshots of things from web pages and stick a swipe up on!
What I know from affiliate links is that when you swipe up from a story to, say, Amazon, the cookies stay on your phone and if you purchase from that site in the next 30 days the influencer gets their payday. Different items have different values and Amazon did slash their rates alongside Covid. So clear your cookies y’all if you’re swiping up and don’t want the influencer to get paid!

I read over on GOMI on Laura Beverlin’s thread that she linked some basic necklace, the jeweller sold like 30,000 units from the swipe up and she made a fair bit (I can’t remember the figure but it was in the $1000’s, I think).

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 7

I don’t know how much they earn for affiliate links but there was a big hoo ha about swipe ups at one point because the cookies stay on your device for several weeks. So even if you don’t buy what the influencers recommend, if you go back to the website days later and buy something totally unrelated, the influencer still gets a percentage. I don’t know if that’s still true or not as I don’t know anything about the technicalities. Maybe someone with more knowledge about that works can confirm or deny?

Cross posted with @OhMyWord 🤣🤣 must be true!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.