MOD & FOD #30 Comments from Yoda: A tw*t, you are

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They paid well over anything else in the area. The positioning of it, the land, they then ripped it out and wasted money. For £700k they could have got a lot more in a much better area

Reactions: 11
Just looked at the ceiling posts. I can’t get over how many errors there are in their captions. Don’t they check them? It’s shoddy work. Although I am smirking at the idea that FoD wrote

‘The end the result (sic) is a statement that draws your eye immediately you enter the room’.
Those pictures made me cringe. Why, oh why would you pair such tacky lamp shades with those roses? And talking about original features? You just bought replicas!

And on the topic of timing: absolutely off. The world as we know it will change, there is so much uncertainty. And sadly I see it cascading into some of my acquaintances. I have actually deleted my IG and FB accounts because I got sick of posts such as "I'm thankful for.." and mixed with health and happiness, that they have the garden, they have a prime account (which coincidentally given they cannot explain why it is suggesting they'd be better off upgrading to business acct), etc etc. Or those "crafty" mums, making cardboard crafts with all the boxes of the deliveries for non-essential crap they are buying. At the same time, they "support small businesses" because they bought a 3 quid colouring book....
And these are people I know, not some random insta famous grabby person... When did the world become such a show-off place, and people so deaf tone to the current world?
Sorry, I know is such a rant but my husband is tired of listening to this lol

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I would definitely have wanted more outdoor space for that kind of money with a family of six.
The posting in sets of 3 is really f*cking annoying and I don't even follow the account 😅
I only have 2 children and cannot imagine (especially during lockdown!), having that small a garden, after paying that price for the house! I know some people are enduring lockdown with children and no garden, but these twats have chosen to buy that house with not much outdoor space 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Urgh this one - I have never got this! How would you find the book you wanted?!
Special book contents telepathy that is only afforded to Instagram wankers. Don’t think I’m brave enough to take that step myself!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Yeah, spending or blagging a fortune's worth of ceiling roses and cornicing really does complete that traditional look you were going for.... along side the down lighting.....
20200520_093000.jpg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 16
This is just so ugly! 👆🏻🤢
The light fitting and the awful print-how can they think that print goes with the colour of the wall? Awful!

• Haha
  • Heart
It’s a real mish mash of ‘styles’ and eras isn’t it...
shame, because the ceiling rose is quite pretty in itself

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Those ceiling roses are horrendous. The house I grew up in had some beautiful, pretty ones. These look like a mish mash of style. Doesn’t look right at all. Also staircases and ceiling roses. I want to see rooms. This home account is boring AF

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Yeah, spending or blagging a fortune's worth of ceiling roses and cornicing really does complete that traditional look you were going for.... along side the down lighting.....View attachment 134087
Also... does anyone else find the juxtaposition of the B&Q ceiling rose to ~preserve original features and spot lights really absurd? We’re only in a 1950s property but have lots of wall lights and whilst I’m not the biggest fan not gonna lie - I’d never put spotlights in?! I wanted that I’d have bought a new build??

Those pictures made me cringe. Why, oh why would you pair such tacky lamp shades with those roses? And talking about original features? You just bought replicas!

And on the topic of timing: absolutely off. The world as we know it will change, there is so much uncertainty. And sadly I see it cascading into some of my acquaintances. I have actually deleted my IG and FB accounts because I got sick of posts such as "I'm thankful for.." and mixed with health and happiness, that they have the garden, they have a prime account (which coincidentally given they cannot explain why it is suggesting they'd be better off upgrading to business acct), etc etc. Or those "crafty" mums, making cardboard crafts with all the boxes of the deliveries for non-essential crap they are buying. At the same time, they "support small businesses" because they bought a 3 quid colouring book....
And these are people I know, not some random insta famous grabby person... When did the world become such a show-off place, and people so deaf tone to the current world?
Sorry, I know is such a rant but my husband is tired of listening to this lol
Loool I do agree that “support small biz” is a way for MC people to still spend without feeling guilty about the warehouses. Although I bet they secretly still buy from the big guys they just don’t share it 😂 And yep at the show off culture, the popularity of home accounts has definitely led everyone to believe they need to share their “reno” journey, I’m surprised at how many nice & normal people have gotten super boastful over pretty normal purchases. It’s a toxic industry that leads to toxic traits, I know a girl who’s made an entirely separate insta for her decorating a one bed flat?! I find it so strange. How much content can she even expect to create with 3 rooms?

Also I know your home isn’t an investment and FOD bleeping brace yourself mate as I am indeed a woman who can budget & even... strategically prioritise our household finances??!!! But the absence of any or honest discussion around mortgages / financing / prioritising in these accounts is actually what makes them quite toxic and dangerous. If you’re at 90% LTV on your mortgage (as a lot of young people viewing this tit will be, or worse with all that HTB tit) the best thing you can do *for yourself* is overpay your mortgage or make changes that’ll hugely add value to get you into a better bracket thus accessing better rates, and save you cash. Not rip out a passable mumsy kitchen for the edgy dream (and don’t we all want to do that!) or slather the gaff in F&B paint??

I am glad others feel the same so thank you for sharing. Yesterday I did think corr I am such a serious bore but you kind of have to be when you’re doing things yourself? No sponcon no mumsy nada! x

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Also... does anyone else find the juxtaposition of the B&Q ceiling rose to ~preserve original features and spot lights really absurd? We’re only in a 1950s property but have lots of wall lights and whilst I’m not the biggest fan not gonna lie - I’d never put spotlights in?! I wanted that I’d have bought a new build??

Loool I do agree that “support small biz” is a way for MC people to still spend without feeling guilty about the warehouses. Although I bet they secretly still buy from the big guys they just don’t share it 😂 And yep at the show off culture, the popularity of home accounts has definitely led everyone to believe they need to share their “reno” journey, I’m surprised at how many nice & normal people have gotten super boastful over pretty normal purchases. It’s a toxic industry that leads to toxic traits, I know a girl who’s made an entirely separate insta for her decorating a one bed flat?! I find it so strange. How much content can she even expect to create with 3 rooms?

Also I know your home isn’t an investment and FOD bleeping brace yourself mate as I am indeed a woman who can budget & even... strategically prioritise our household finances??!!! But the absence of any or honest discussion around mortgages / financing / prioritising in these accounts is actually what makes them quite toxic and dangerous. If you’re at 90% LTV on your mortgage (as a lot of young people viewing this tit will be, or worse with all that HTB tit) the best thing you can do *for yourself* is overpay your mortgage or make changes that’ll hugely add value to get you into a better bracket thus accessing better rates, and save you cash. Not rip out a passable mumsy kitchen for the edgy dream (and don’t we all want to do that!) or slather the gaff in F&B paint??

I am glad others feel the same so thank you for sharing. Yesterday I did think corr I am such a serious bore but you kind of have to be when you’re doing things yourself? No sponcon no mumsy nada! x
I do think it's absurd, hence my posting of the screenshot! They got a "profeshinal" in... I'll have you know, B&Q is strictly for dancing 😏

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I only have 2 children and cannot imagine (especially during lockdown!), having that small a garden, after paying that price for the house! I know some people are enduring lockdown with children and no garden, but these twats have chosen to buy that house with not much outdoor space 🤷🏻‍♀️
At their influencing career peak around the time they bought the Ramsgate pile, iPads brought up their four daughters.

Who had any need for a garden?

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 17

Well I’m a big bore on this... seriously considering some of my friendships tbh... and husband agrees too, he’s just too tired of my tirades lol!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
She
This is so true and something none of these accounts mention. I picked up my keys to my first property in 2007, just before prices dipped.

Ideally I would have put a new kitchen in and moved the bathroom upstairs. However it was all perfectly liveable in, after a lick of paint, and because I wasn’t posing in it for Instagram I didn’t do any of these things.

Instead I got a lodger and saved hard. I knew this house was a stepping stone and if the value wasn’t going to increase to ensure I had enough equity in it to buy my next house, I was going to have to save.

There is also a ceiling price on houses, putting in a new kitchen really wasn’t worth the investment as I knew I wanted to sell at some point and wouldn’t have recouped that money.

When I sold that house I put down a 15% deposit on my now house (from saving and sacrificing) I live in it now and it’s pretty much my forever home. This house went up in value within a couple of years so when my mortgage deal ran out my new mortgage was only for 60% of the value of the property and I couldn’t believe the difference in deals.

Basically don’t put expensive renovations in to houses that have ceiling values, do pay down the mortgage. Don’t be influenced by home influencers who are encouraging debt.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Come on. It's not for those people who actually want to READ books, or refer to them! :LOL:
I’m obsessed with my bookshelves. I spent 3 hours re-organising two weeks ago to make them look better. Titles showing out was at the heart of it (as I said to my husband, I didn’t study Ancient Greek only for nobody ever to see the damn translation books!). And in that vain, I love seeing what books people have at their houses - not in a remotely highbrow way, as it may sound, I also prominently display my 90’s Babysitter Club books and the whole Me Before You series, among others.

@heretoreaditall2019 Nail on the head there. Mortgages, loans, credit etc is SO important! Financial planning, investing, pension schemes; the only influencer I’ve ever seen discuss any of this is Jillian Harris but it’s very Canada specific as she partners with TD Bank. Or do most just live in the moment, or assume they’ll receive big inheritances?

• Heart
Also self care is looking after your finances and get your dopamine hit from better options than buying tit. Stop spending money to impress people you don’t know!

Would happily put this in any of these threads.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.