MOD & FOD #3 Part time parents full time grifters

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They are represented by PR management agencies, all the big influencers are. So, they will have regular meetings regarding content, posts, images and their management will offer advice, instruction and support. Often copywriters are used, too.

It really is an advertising machine disguised as the day to day tribulations of family life.

Reactions: 7
Another clanger dropped my MOD... proceed to instagram comments on her latest post
wow she has got some scary people following her. The evangelical comments on there are unbelievable. It’s the first time I’ve agreed with MoD ever

Reactions: 9
Oh dear. She simply doesn't have the intellect or vocabulary to effectively defend this post.

Pity the poor PR assistant now tasked with damage limitation on that post, just when they were hoping to clock off early because it's Friday.

I expect most of her PR management team are face-palming at the moment and much muttering of "Will she never fuckin' learn?"

• Haha
Reactions: 2
As women (assuming most of us are on here) we should all be speaking out about this, so well done her I say. If she loses a few hundred deranged American fans along the way, then no great loss I would imagine.

Reactions: 20
She needs to stop saying "as a midwife" all the time. She spends more time working by taking exotic holidays and selling cheaply made jewelry than anything else.

So many of her followers are pro lifers, bet she wasn't prepared for that and brands won't be happy.

Reactions: 11
With something like that you're always going to get polarizing views.

For whatever reason a woman chooses, banning abortions completely will just lead women to use unsafe alternatives.

Reactions: 5
She needs to stop saying "as a midwife" all the time. She spends more time working by taking exotic holidays and selling cheaply made jewelry than anything else.
I agree. Why add the midwife caveat? It’s like when FOD posted about feminism “as a father”

I'm glad she's spoken out. Though she didn't need to preface it with 'as a midwife'. I'm waiting for FOD to mansplain abortion to us later though.

They are represented by PR management agencies, all the big influencers are. So, they will have regular meetings regarding content, posts, images and their management will offer advice, instruction and support. Often copywriters are used, too.

It really is an advertising machine disguised as the day to day tribulations of family life.
Yes. To all this. It is advertising and the commodification of childhood, family and mental health conditions.

Reactions: 4
I'm glad she's spoken out. Though she didn't need to preface it with 'as a midwife'. I'm waiting for FOD to mansplain abortion to us later though.

Yes. To all this. It is advertising and the commodification of childhood, family and mental health conditions.
I agree with this last comment. Especially ‘mental health’ which seems to be the current buzz world in the online world. So many brands use it now to flog us their products.

Reactions: 3
I agree with this last comment. Especially ‘mental health’ which seems to be the current buzz world in the online world. So many brands use it now to flog us their products.
Like Clemmie Telford and the “diagnosis” of “generalised anxiety”

As much as I can’t stand MOD, I’m fully agreeing with her on this latest post 🙌🏻 Can’t deal with the ignorant fuckwits on it tho

Reactions: 12
Her latest story “interesting debate in the comments on my latest post”, err no it isn’t an interesting debate. They’re all lunatics who can’t strung a sentence together

As much as MOD grinds my gears I’m so glad she is using her Instagram to make people aware. I feel ashamed to say I only found out about just how strict the Northern Ireland abortion laws were when I watched Cigarettes and Calpol and The Mother Hens stories talking about it.

Some of the comments on her post are crazy! Although as I said the fact she’s using her insta for this is a good thing.

Last edited:
I am horrified by the pro-life supporters in that post. As much as I do not always agree with MOD with regard to parenting/influencing etc, the abortion/pro-choice topic is something I am very passionate about myself so I applaud her for this, especially as she actually revealed in that post she had an abortion herself. That is very personal and to be honest I find that quite brave of her.

Reactions: 12
I am horrified by the pro-life supporters in that post. As much as I do not always agree with MOD with regard to parenting/influencing etc, the abortion/pro-choice topic is something I am very passionate about myself so I applaud her for this, especially as she actually revealed in that post she had an abortion herself. That is very personal and to be honest I find that quite brave of her.
Totally agree with this some of the comments on there are darn right nasty.

Reactions: 1
Her latest story “interesting debate in the comments on my latest post”, err no it isn’t an interesting debate. They’re all lunatics who can’t strung a sentence together
Came here to say just this! She may aswell have said “interesting debate in the comments on why we should take women’s rights away” 🙄 she’s an idiot

Woah. Incredibly brave move on her behalf. She’s knowingly comprising her follower count for a cause she clearly believes in - women’s rights. I’m no FOD or MOD fan, I think they are exploiting their children’s privacy for luxuries and often utterly misguided, but full credit to her here. The backlash is unprecedented.

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.