MOD & FOD #3 Part time parents full time grifters

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Place your bets on the half term holiday. I’m plumping for Mark Warner - Greece - FODs and DLAMs.

Reactions: 4
They are represented by PR management agencies, all the big influencers are. So, they will have regular meetings regarding content, posts, images and their management will offer advice, instruction and support. Often copywriters are used, too.

It really is an advertising machine disguised as the day to day tribulations of family life.
They are managed by Grace o Leary and when things were happening back on the mumsnet threads MOD stated that they didn’t control any content or output at all 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 1
She’s just lost all her Debbies from Texas. Good for her. I think she’s been very brave and I think it was actually necessary for her to preface it with ‘as a midwife’ as theres an assumption that if you love babies you hate choice. Same when mothers have abortions.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
tit loads of pro lifers on her post! Bet she didn't expect that
And that is her main problem. This really, really should have been expected. If not by her, then by her management team. But she is so desperate to shoehorn her midwifery hobby into every conceivable post and bask in the resulting approbation that she, as ever, doesn't think it through.

Reactions: 2
A friend of mine works in PR, on a freelance basis. She hasn't worked with influencers but she has colleagues who do. Their management teams definitely pitch topics to their clients which have a commercial angle.

So, alongside the flux of 'anxiety posts' they can package up the lavender scented candles, or the relaxing pillow mist, or the self help book, or the mindfulness retreat weekend, or the organic yoga pants to "help" you deal with your 'anxiety'.

This latest Abortion Scandal will, no doubt, come accessorised with appropriately sloganed t-shirts.

Reactions: 2
They are managed by Grace o Leary and when things were happening back on the mumsnet threads MOD stated that they didn’t control any content or output at all 🤷🏻‍♀️
If this is true, then it begs the question 'why have a management team, at all?'

I don't give her that much credit, she's jumping on a very popular bandwagon that's been trending for the last few days and should be very uncontroversial.

She never misses an opportunity to put right at the start she's a midwife to further herself and the fake persona she has.

I haven't checked any of the other InstaScam accounts, but assuming they're all posting along similar lines tonight?

Her latest story “interesting debate in the comments on my latest post”, err no it isn’t an interesting debate. They’re all lunatics who can’t strung a sentence together
FFS! She's too thick to even just repost a slogan cake and take praise for jumping on a popular bandwagon without being a dick.

It's always about her.

Kudos to her for not giving a tit about losing followers over this though. I do think though that if she hadn’t at least mentioned it, someone would have given her tit about not mentioning it. So fair play to her for sticking to her guns about her opinion

Reactions: 12
She has a platform and what is happening to women is really scary - I’m pleased she’s talking about it. We should all be talking about it - women are worth so much more

Reactions: 9
I’m not sure those who are annoyed about her clumsy use of ‘as a midwife’ actually read the rest of the sentence? perhaps because they were already rolling their eyes in assumption. But in this instance, she wasn’t using it to qualify her opinion, it was to make a point about her job being care without judgement, regardless of circumstance.
Her IG is intrinsically linked to her job; frankly, I would find it more offensive if she hadn’t spoken up on this topic. And despite all the other incredibly tedious and annoying everyday antics, she’s been brave to stand up and be counted.

Reactions: 8
I just really hope, one day, that society gets to a point where posting about being pro-choice isn’t deemed ‘brave’ - just a totally, completely average thing to do. No bravery needed because there would be no backlash to fear. That’s the dream hey 🤷🏻‍♀️🤞🏻
The comments on that post are so unbelievably disgusting.

Reactions: 11
I’m not sure why it’s brave? Just because she has loads of followers and some of them are awful?
I fully support her post and am pro-choice, so it’s very refreshing to see her put an opinion out there and use her IG effectively, but it’s hardly brave.
I thought cigarettesandcalpol was brave to put her post up yesterday, as that could open her up for personal attack.
It is shocking how many assholes there are out there.

I’m not sure why it’s brave? Just because she has loads of followers and some of them are awful?
I fully support her post and am pro-choice, so it’s very refreshing to see her put an opinion out there and use her IG effectively, but it’s hardly brave.
I think it’s brave for anyone to put their opinion out there on such an emotive topic (particularly when the rest of your feed tends to be more frivolous about necklaces and holidays and dog poo), but especially when you have so many followers and you just know the deranged people are going to come at you thick and fast 🤷‍♀️

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.