MOD & FOD #3 Part time parents full time grifters

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think it’s brave for anyone to put their opinion out there on such an emotive topic (particularly when the rest of your feed tends to be more frivolous about necklaces and holidays and dog poo), but especially when you have so many followers and you just know the deranged people are going to come at you thick and fast 🤷‍♀️
Fair enough. Mod knows what she’s doing and feels strongly enough to know that anyone disagreeing is not really worth the time. It can only be good for her. (Not saying she’s done it for her, I don’t think she has) but I don’t think she was brave. Any normal person would post it.

Reactions: 3
I think the bravery (If you want to call it that) comes from the fact she has a huge audience and so will face people disagreeing on a massive level, bigger than you or I. The comments are just insane it makes me incredibly sad

Reactions: 5
maybe ‘brave’ isn’t quite the exact word, but yes it’s the scale of response that she’s facing, that any ‘normal’ person wouldn’t have to deal with.
I think it’s possible, sadly, that people can be ‘normal’ and perhaps religious views or whatever can mean having a different opinion than hers on this subject.

Reactions: 2
Good on her, I say. I respect her for doing this. She must have know the response she would receive and fair play to her for posting it anyway. She didn’t have to post, it would’ve been much easier to take a neutral stance or say nothing at all.

Reactions: 8
I gained Quite a bit of respect for her for her latest post. Can't of been easy and noticed how almost all other 'influencers' have completely ignored the subject.
She didn't do it for likes or trend. I'm now re following her x

Reactions: 7
Fair enough. Mod knows what she’s doing and feels strongly enough to know that anyone disagreeing is not really worth the time. It can only be good for her. (Not saying she’s done it for her, I don’t think she has) but I don’t think she was brave. Any normal person would post it.
I certainly posted something on my feed. But my feed is really small of course lol.

Reactions: 4
This exactly 👏

It's just posting common sense that everyone has been posting. It's an engagement goldmine so she wasn't going to miss that.

Reactions: 4
She just posted to say she's lost 2k followers after that post, I reckon when she posted it she didn't expect the negativity, its easy to assume most of your following are just like you, similar mindset etc, glad to see she's leaving the post up and sticking with it.

Reactions: 6
She just posted to say she's lost 2k followers after that post, I reckon when she posted it she didn't expect the negativity, its easy to assume most of your following are just like you, similar mindset etc, glad to see she's leaving the post up and sticking with it.
She has 640k followers of course she knew it would be emotive and explosive. She’s not dim, she’s a business woman running a business page. You don’t assume 640k people share your opinion. She will have calculated the potential fall out but feels it is worth putting this out there. Which it is and good on her. 2k loss of assholes followers is a drop in the ocean with 640000 followers and she will quickly regain.

She has 640k followers of course she knew it would be emotive and explosive. She’s not dim, she’s a business woman running a business page. You don’t assume 640k people share your opinion. She will have calculated the potential fall out but feels it is worth putting this out there. Which it is and good on her. 2k loss of assholes followers is a drop in the ocean with 640000 followers and she will quickly regain.
I hear what you’re saying from a ‘business’ perspective but I’d really like to reign in my cynicism just a bit and hope it’s more than just that. After all, she trained and qualified as a midwife long before IG?

Reactions: 2
I hear what you’re saying from a ‘business’ perspective but I’d really like to reign in my cynicism just a bit and hope it’s more than just that. After all, she trained and qualified as a midwife long before IG?
I’m not being cynical, it’s the best post she’s done in ages and the kind of thing I’d really like to see her using her reach for, it’s been used for holidays, flooring and sofas for way too long. But MOD is no longer an empowering midwife, she does less than a shift a week and is a full time influencer. It would be foolish to pretend otherwise.

Reactions: 9
I’m not being cynical, it’s the best post she’s done in ages and the kind of thing I’d really like to see her using her reach for, it’s been used for holidays, flooring and sofas for way too long. But MOD is no longer an empowering midwife, she does less than a shift a week and is a full time influencer. It would be foolish to pretend otherwise.
had to quickly check I hadn’t made a typo and accused you of being cynical 😊
I assumed all her midwifery stuff was on her other account, which I hadn’t bothered to look at, I didn’t know she had cut down her MW hours - not that it makes her any less of a MW for the women she cares for.

Reactions: 1
Of course she's sticking with it - a 0.3% follower loss is duck all! She might loose 1k with every post thesedays (then get new followers trickling).

If anything will make her more attractive for ads as she's cleansed her extreamist followers.

If she started this or voiced something that actually was controversial but improved the world I would give her credit. But joining this common and popular bandwagon she probably did more just to push her "I'm a midwife" persona.

I didn’t know she had cut down her MW hours - not that it makes her any less of a MW for the women she cares for.
It does make her a much less experienced midwife.

had to quickly check I hadn’t made a typo and accused you of being cynical 😊
I assumed all her midwifery stuff was on her other account, which I hadn’t bothered to look at, I didn’t know she had cut down her MW hours - not that it makes her any less of a MW for the women she cares for.
I’m aware you were reigning in your cynicism, I’m just stating that my viewpoint isn’t cynical. Of course her reduction in hours makes her less of a midwife. She’s not hands on, on the job, there’s no continuity of care, she’s not in the community. She literally does the bare minimum to keep her registration and so she can trot out the I’m an nhs midwife usp. She stated a number of times she’s ‘working’ on holiday, reviewing holidays etc.
The engagement on her post will be fantastic. The most scary (financially attractive) thing about these influencers is their reach and power because followers feel they know them and stick up for them etc. To you she’s brave and selfless, to the business she’s calculated and clever.

Simon is the one who wouldn’t post anything like that because he’s the ruthless one of the two of them. Wouldn’t want to lose any of his American following! Feminist dad, but only up til the point it doesn’t harm his own profile and profit. Periods! That’s nice and safe for him! Plenty of likes, doesn’t have to deal with anything challenging

Reactions: 10
I’m aware you were reigning in your cynicism, I’m just stating that my viewpoint isn’t cynical. Of course her reduction in hours makes her less of a midwife. She’s not hands on, on the job, there’s no continuity of care, she’s not in the community. She literally does the bare minimum to keep her registration and so she can trot out the I’m an nhs midwife usp. She stated a number of times she’s ‘working’ on holiday, reviewing holidays etc.
The engagement on her post will be fantastic. The most scary (financially attractive) thing about these influencers is their reach and power because followers feel they know them and stick up for them etc. To you she’s brave and selfless, to the business she’s calculated and clever.
I meant, to the specific person she is helping at the point of delivery, she isn’t less of a midwife but I take your overall point. Doesn’t she also train students? Or has that been knocked on the head too? I guess she’s trying to do both. I don’t know her skill level obviously, but some of the midwives I met, who *are* in the community, who *are* hands on, who *do* fulfil their full time hours... are fackin awful.

I’m not saying she’s entirely brave and selfless 😆 just gutsy I suppose - would have been much easier to keep her head below the parapet and say nothing at all 🤷‍♀️

It does make her a much less experienced midwife.
Hasn’t she been doing this for years already, though? In the time before IG?

Reactions: 1
I meant, to the specific person she is helping at the point of delivery, she isn’t less of a midwife but I take your overall point. Doesn’t she also train students? Or has that been knocked on the head too? I guess she’s trying to do both. I don’t know her skill level obviously, but some of the midwives I met, who *are* in the community, who *are* hands on, who *do* fulfil their full time hours... are fackin awful.

I’m not saying she’s entirely brave and selfless 😆 just gutsy I suppose - would have been much easier to keep her head below the parapet and say nothing at all 🤷‍♀️

Hasn’t she been doing this for years already, though? In the time before IG?
I agree, I’ve had some awful midwives. Not in the community for me but at delivery.
As others have said I think this was great for engagement, I didn’t used to have a clue how it all worked but now it’s clearer.

I’m not saying she’s entirely brave and selfless 😆 just gutsy I suppose
I'll call her brave and gutsy the moment she does a post explaining why she's a one day a week midwife and spends more time "working" going on holiday and promoting rampant consumerism. Now that's the honesty I want from Clemmie

I would say on Kings' labour ward it is rare to have a really quiet night and is perfectly possible to deliver 2-3 babies a shift, and have to do cannulation/administer iv drugs/suture a perineum/resuscitate a baby/pull the emergency buzzer (and the rest.... 12.5 hours is a long time!) .
Of course, she's not getting as much experience as someone working say 3 shifts a week, but it is pushing it to say she's becoming deskilled. And actually you only have to do 150hrs a year to stay on the register (which equates to about one shift a month). I'm not a fan but I equally don't like people dismissing and doubting a midwife's knowledge and skill base when they don't really have any experience themselves in that field.

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.