Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

GreyWolf

VIP Member
Did anyone watch the Louis Theroux documentary about mothers suffering from mental health problems??

There was one woman saying how she felt that she had to portray everything as perfect via her instagram while things were actually falling apart. They showed some of her photos, all beautifully staged pictures of her gorgeous baby, just like you’d see from the instamum brigade. My heart broke for her but it also made me think of these threads and how disgusting these people are selling a completely false and consumer driven lifestyle to vulnerable women.
I haven’t watched it yet but to be honest I’m here because of that. I was vulnerable and low due to family trauma and ill with depression and anxiety (not after sympathy-just explaining) Instagram became a hobby, I loved the photos and connecting with other women. I remember finding MOD through FOD back in the midwifehooper era when FOD had 15k followers and MOD 60k. I found her aspirational, pretty, hardworking, normal. She worked for NHS and I genuinely thought I could aim for my life to reach something resembling hers. I thought nhs midwives could afford £160 sleepyheads, £250 bras, extortionate cots. Despite being a mother and quite intelligent, my vulnerability made me perfect fodder for MOD’s manipulation and use. It sounds dramatic and I know the problem was fundamentally mine, but when she promotes mental health and post partum issues I’m disgusted with her. She accepts no responsibility for her account management and the impact on many mums. As soon as awareness crept in she had the chance to own it and make something positive, but what did she do? She just made as much money as possible in the most self entitled way. She sold her kids and privacy and didn’t give a toss.
When I see her as a speaker on midwifery and as a mental health advocate for Superdrug I find it really upsetting.(edit- it’s not so much upsetting but so awful that she uses these things to make money) She is not a midwife at heart.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 26

Tothemoonandback

Omg the irony of MOD saying she’s not watching love island this year due to “lack of diversity”...... and looking down her nose at us peasants watching itv2.

Meanwhile she attends events with exclusively middle class wealthy able bodied women all the time! She hangs around with DLAM, CT...... promotes her rich mates’ businesses: scamp&dude, yesmum, Stephdontbuyflowers and all those others that all went to private school. Does a jewellery line with , yup you’ve guessed it, another posh white woman.

But oh yeh she’s so concerned about diversity 😏

Bit like her telling everyone she’s having an “ethical Christmas” by not buying presents - meanwhile plugging her jewellery line to us peasants that by default must be having an “unethical Christmas” 😳🤫

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 24

Percycat

What I find really odd is that the two of them have a combined total of something like 1.5 million instagram followers. Okay so realistically when you edit out the bots and doubled up followers that may be more like 1.2 million followers, but imagine that in real life? That’s like the equivalent of 12 Wembley stadiums full of people. And would the two of them take to the stage in front of 1.2 million actual, real life people and give a powerpoint presentation of their children on potties, being told off and crying on a ‘naughty chair’ or screen grabs of a pretty normal sounding teenager’s aggrieved text messages? Imagine sitting back, listening to the guffawing crowds howling with laughter at your kids, or making unkind comments about their looks, behaviour and abilities and thinking that’s okay? Because that’s basically what Instagram would be in real life.

I’d never post photos of my four children on any social media at all.

Reactions: 23

GreyWolf

VIP Member
NO WAY, GUYS!!!! It’s happened...
1B538E7C-CB11-4210-93E9-C2B21BBF3090.jpeg

SHE CAN GOOGLE!!!!!!!!
She won’t need to ask sheep for advice on washing machines, flooring and decorating!!! Bless her, knew she’d get there in the end.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 20

NoseyP2019

Anyone really uncomfortable with FOD posting the picture of Ottilie on the naughty chair? A few comments saying it’s bad but loads of people saying how funny it is. I wouldn’t post a photo of my child unhappy for stranger’s amusement. Never posted on here before but it really disgusted me. Especially when you zoom in on the mirror and see him taking the photo while MOD looks on. It’s so dysfunctional.

• Wow

Plinkplonk

Chatty Member
As women (assuming most of us are on here) we should all be speaking out about this, so well done her I say. If she loses a few hundred deranged American fans along the way, then no great loss I would imagine.

maytoseptember

VIP Member
Clemmie (Clementine) cannot be a very common name so to have two bloggers who are both from SE London is quite a coincidence. It’s made me dislike the name intensely for a human anyway.
It’s VERY uncommon, especially for girls born in the 80s (I’m guessing neither have hit 40 yet!).

What it proves is how very privileged their backgrounds are. If you named your daughter Clementine in the 80s then you must have mixed in some pretty posh/monied/private school circles.

Why is is relevant? Because it’s easy to be successful and obtain a public platform for yourself when you are privileged (and white). It’s easy for companies to see you as marketable and aspirational too. My dad once told me “money goes to money” and I’ve never forgotten it. It’s so true.

PeppaPig

I can’t fucking stand FOD but when these threads come down to mocking someone’s looks you’ve lost, it’s cheap and easy and detracts from the real reasons these people are so awful. Those reasons will be conveniently ignored in favour of lazy trolling based on how the person looks.

• Haha
Reactions: 19

ThreeFourFive

So the sainted one is boycotting LI because of MH issues? Ha ha ha. Let's see how principled she is when it comes to protecting childrens' MH from exploitative parents who will humiliate their children for expensive holidays, kitchens and other freebies. Oh no, wait.........

• Haha
Did anyone watch the Louis Theroux documentary about mothers suffering from mental health problems??

There was one woman saying how she felt that she had to portray everything as perfect via her instagram while things were actually falling apart. They showed some of her photos, all beautifully staged pictures of her gorgeous baby, just like you’d see from the instamum brigade. My heart broke for her but it also made me think of these threads and how disgusting these people are selling a completely false and consumer driven lifestyle to vulnerable women.

• Sad

GreyWolf

VIP Member
He's deleted it.. this is what MOD replied to the psychologist just before it disappeared.

Imagine if someone tried to claim MOD shouldn't give midwifery/birthing advice? Her entire social media presence and selling point is built on that!!

MOD standing there in the mirror knowing FOD was taking a photo to upload and humiliate their child to hundreds of thousands of people is disgusting, after all her assurances that she wouldn't do it anymore. Horrible people.

View attachment 20615
Problem with this argument Clemmie, is that your husband posted it for likes and amusement to one million people.

Reactions: 18

ThreeFourFive

Ahh Clemmie - that Farrow and Ball dressing room. You really are so in touch with the hard working NHS majority. Isn't it time we saw you in scrubs, slumming it on public transport - just generally proving your relatability! Still, at least my children are having a childhood - a basic right you have denied yours.

Reactions: 18

Pommes

Chatty Member
Is it a Volvo? Also, I fear for those children growing up with a father incapable of spelling or at least using a spell checker.
You are mistaken, it is a vulva. EVERYTHING in the OD household is a vulva, even the car.

• Haha
Reactions: 17

White775

The irony of FOD’s holiday story review in France... “You can fly here too but it’s expensive for the six of us”... erm don’t you normally have 26362 holidays a year and jet off to the most tropical of places.
Oh that’s right, they’re GIFTED 🙄

• Haha

AfroCircus

Chatty Member
Not gonna lie, it’s actually made me feel quite sad that the house they are currently ripping apart was only just completely renovated by the previous owners. Fair enough if you want to put your own stamp of things but in that case why not buy somewhere that actually needs renovating? It’s just hundreds of pounds of money, endless amounts of labour, continual consumption and environment damage all in the name of aesthetics. And meanwhile millions of children in the U.K. alone live in poverty and hundreds of thousands of people are homeless. I’m really not trying to snark at this point. It just makes me feel depressed.

AmberSpyglass

VIP Member
An actual real life dressing room bigger than the average bedroom most of us have.

😁😁😁Welcome to the life of Clemmie Hooper, Saleswoman extraordinaire and one day a week NHS Midwife .

We won’t have a home like this but Instagram can help her finance hers.

Last edited: