MOD & FOD #3 Part time parents full time grifters

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What’s the point of this, to show he’s still fun dad ?

The daughter seemed uncomfortable, wonder how he persuaded her to be involved?

Reactions: 3
Cringe, his poor daughter. You can really see she’s embarrassed by it all but was probably told she had to take part.

Reactions: 1
Pop psychology alert but I've always found it most disturbing to watch Marine on the Mod/Fod accounts. She always seems uncomfortable on camera but also so eager to please as if she knows it's how to gain parental approval. Those current stories are really sad to watch

Reactions: 6
That was dire,
inappropriate and so condescending towards hairdressers.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Pop psychology alert but I've always found it most disturbing to watch Marine on the Mod/Fod accounts
I agree. Although I have to say kids these days are very into social media and they all want to be ‘youtubers’ or IGers with huge following, so maybe her mates are impressed with MOD/FODs accounts. The problems come when the OD’s overshare though. I can’t imagine any of Marnie’s mates watching FOD’s dad dancing and thinking ‘he’s so cool, I wish he was my dad’ or if when the twins get older and some of their mates get hold of pic of one of them on the potty that’s floating round the internet.

Reactions: 2
I agree. Although I have to say kids these days are very into social media and they all want to be ‘youtubers’ or IGers with huge following, so maybe her mates are impressed with MOD/FODs accounts. The problems come when the OD’s overshare though. I can’t imagine any of Marnie’s mates watching FOD’s dad dancing and thinking ‘he’s so cool, I wish he was my dad’ or if when the twins get older and some of their mates get hold of pic of one of them on the potty that’s floating round the internet.
This is the thing, I’m sure a large percentage of kids won’t mind, social media is massive in young people’s lives. It could be a boost for their own accounts in the future. Problem is, it’s not for everyone, there’s bullying and there’s also those kids (people) who are more introverted or private and simply don’t want that level of attention or don’t manage it well.
So to make money off your kids and tgeir future mental health is extremely risky.
Not to mention these kids are ‘working’ as they are making income for their parents. So effectively they should be entitled to their share of the earnings.

Reactions: 4
This is the thing, I’m sure a large percentage of kids won’t mind, social media is massive in young people’s lives. It could be a boost for their own accounts in the future. Problem is, it’s not for everyone, there’s bullying and there’s also those kids (people) who are more introverted or private and simply don’t want that level of attention or don’t manage it well.
So to make money off your kids and tgeir future mental health is extremely risky.
Not to mention these kids are ‘working’ as they are making income for their parents. So effectively they should be entitled to their share of the earnings.
Oh, I completely agree. At the end of the day, they’re the parents so no matter how much (or not) kudos the kids might be garnering at school, they should be extremely wary about what they’re sharing and any long term effects it could be having on their kids.

Oh, I completely agree. At the end of the day, they’re the parents so no matter how much (or not) kudos the kids might be garnering at school, they should be extremely wary about what they’re sharing and any long term effects it could be having on their kids.
I think that when they all reach the point of putting them in private schools they feel like a) the kids are benefiting from the money they earn and b) they are safer.
Bullying in private schools is just as bad and private schools can’t protect them from life. If my daughter was at school with Anya, I’d literally be thinking, you poor kid your parents are so awful and self centred.

If MOD reads here, please do something potentially useful, go check out Mrs Hinch, she's posting a lot of stuff she's got for her baby with swipe up ebay links, some of it looks mass produced in China, eg the swaddle blanket, so may not conform to any safety standards for sleeping newborns. She's got a lot of followers lapping up her every word, leaving their common sense at the door.

ps, the hairdressing thing FOD posted was just weird, very weird.

Reactions: 9
The whole YouTube/insta use of children to make their parents £££ is very problematic. Children who are in acting etc are protected by laws to ensure that the money being made is theirs. There’s no such protection for kids essentially partaking is staged videos at their parents behest.

As the twins are getting older and the girls become teens I’m dreading when he starts dadsplaining periods 😬 I wouldn’t put it past him to force the girls to be filmed going round the supermarket buying towels with him

I’m pretty sure he was mocking criticism by saying Meghan had a hard life having all those pictures taken. Marnie just looked weird. Why set that up with a camera. Such a weird thing to do, poor girl.

Reactions: 5
If MOD reads here, please do something potentially useful, go check out Mrs Hinch, she's posting a lot of stuff she's got for her baby with swipe up ebay links, some of it looks mass produced in China, eg the swaddle blanket, so may not conform to any safety standards for sleeping newborns. She's got a lot of followers lapping up her every word, leaving their common sense at the door.

ps, the hairdressing thing FOD posted was just weird, very weird.
Well we know she is reading, that's for sure. And this is, in effect, what Influencers do; they require you to leave your common sense at the door. So Mrs Hinch is flogging crap to her followers while Clemmie is promoting guilt in people who can't afford her extravagant lifestyle. As bad as each other.

Reactions: 8
Agreed. He's not allowed mates. Have never yet seen him do a post with mates? There was that freebie snowboarding with Powder Byrne, but his 'mates' were his brother and 2 reps from Powder Byrne.

• Haha
In fairness, maybe his mates don’t want to be featured. I wouldn’t if I were them. I don’t think MOD has done a ‘mate’ post either other than with other bloggers ( usually the Peckham crew).

Reactions: 2
Wtf has happened to FOD?
9D3E550E-5F83-4298-975B-D0EC0BEB5792.jpeg

He’s literally just posted a tasteful, good post without embarrassing his kids or being a twit?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.