MOD & FOD #28 Pink jumpsuit MAMIL, toe of camel, had corona, but got no boner

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We buy food, and wine, and that’s about it. We did have a mouse visitor the other night so kinda had to Prime some traps (I may have screamed, my poor neighbours). I use the library for ebooks and live in workout clothes.

But I refuse to jump on this essentials shaming thing I see on FB. If it’s important/necessary to a person, then that’s that.
Yes, and mumsnet is as always the worst for this!! We have been very very careful, not buying much at all outside a food shop approx 10-12 days apart. But nobody can usually know what anyone is buying, what they’re buying it for and how much they need it. I also think that if you make sure you treat the delivery person with respect and distance, there should be no unnecessary risk to them? We have been leaning out of the window, talking to anyone delivering, thanking them profusely, and asking them kindly to put it down outside the door. Also asking them if they’re ok and got everything they need, we’d be happy to give them whatever we have spare. If something isn’t available or in stock, it won’t be coming, so if it is in some distribution centre then it may as well come. It will be running for essentials anyway so I can’t see the difference. We can’t have the entire economy in the toilet, and one of the last drivers we were thanking said he was very happy to have the work. The main reason I haven’t ordered anything really is because there’s literally no point. I have enough lounge wear, it’s seen better days half of it but I’m also seeing this as a time to hunker down and save money, especially as my food shop seems to have doubled in price!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
We are also shopping for our elderly neighbours on either side of us when we go, so that saves 2 delivery slots for other old/sick people who don't have anyone.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Yes, and mumsnet is as always the worst for this!! We have been very very careful, not buying much at all outside a food shop approx 10-12 days apart. But nobody can usually know what anyone is buying, what they’re buying it for and how much they need it. I also think that if you make sure you treat the delivery person with respect and distance, there should be no unnecessary risk to them? We have been leaning out of the window, talking to anyone delivering, thanking them profusely, and asking them kindly to put it down outside the door. Also asking them if they’re ok and got everything they need, we’d be happy to give them whatever we have spare. If something isn’t available or in stock, it won’t be coming, so if it is in some distribution centre then it may as well come. It will be running for essentials anyway so I can’t see the difference. We can’t have the entire economy in the toilet, and one of the last drivers we were thanking said he was very happy to have the work. The main reason I haven’t ordered anything really is because there’s literally no point. I have enough lounge wear, it’s seen better days half of it but I’m also seeing this as a time to hunker down and save money, especially as my food shop seems to have doubled in price!
🙋‍♀️ Food shopping (lots of wine) only and that’s done once a week by the hubby, he’s loving this hunter gatherer tit and I hate food shopping.. Was my birthday on Wednesday so got a JL delivery for the present my husband got me. I was so excited to see another human I almost ran out after the delivery guy to hug him. That’s the only delivery we’ve had, but I do need some paint to do outside railings and Id like a sander to do my outside furniture, so I’ve been hovering over deliver and click and collect for the last 2 weeks as I’ve been wondering if it’s essential, now we have another 3 weeks I may have to just do it.

Reactions: 6
We’re sticking to a big food shop every 7-10 days (my husband goes as I can’t stand supermarket shopping 🤣)
Had a couple of wine deliveries from the local wine merchant - sort of to help them out as they’re a small business / parent in the school (and to help us out haha)
And I’ve ordered some books for the kids and some slippers for me - I suppose the slippers were an indulgence as they’re quite pretty and I don’t REALLY need them, but they really jazz up my frequent outfit of the day of tracky bots and t shirt 😂) that’s about it for purchases.
But to answer your question @heretoreaditall2019, yes do treat yourselves to plants if it cheers you up. They sell them in supermarkets - next time your husband goes to do the shop (?) get him to sling a few in the trolley ❤

😂😂 you crack me up
Im totally obsessed with Pilea (Chinese Money Plant) I have so many and propagate the babies and pass them on to friends...
One of my window sills are full of these beauties! Next time I propagate, anyone let me know if they want one and I’ll post off to you!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Im totally obsessed with Pilea (Chinese Money Plant) I have so many and propagate the babies and pass them on to friends...
One of my window sills are full of these beauties! Next time I propagate anyone let me know if they want one and I’ll post off!
Oh my god how lovely are you?! 🥰

• Heart
We’re sticking to a big food shop every 7-10 days (my husband goes as I can’t stand supermarket shopping 🤣)
Had a couple of wine deliveries from the local wine merchant - sort of to help them out as they’re a small business / parent in the school (and to help us out haha)
And I’ve ordered some books for the kids and some slippers for me - I suppose the slippers were an indulgence as they’re quite pretty and I don’t REALLY need them, but they really jazz up my frequent outfit of the day of tracky bots and t shirt 😂) that’s about it for purchases.
But to answer your question @heretoreaditall2019, yes do treat yourselves to plants if it cheers you up. They sell them in supermarkets - next time your husband goes to do the shop (?) get him to sling a few in the trolley ❤

😂😂 you crack me up
I love how you’re selflessly keeping the wine shops going 😂😂😂 we have a lovely little wine shop about two minutes down the road, and will no doubt be cleaning them out when I’ve run out of my first vino based stockpile. People here were losing their minds over toilet roll, and I was stressing about the potential lockdown dilemma of what if fancy a really fruity montepulciano, but I only have a Pinot noir on the rack 😭 oh the horror!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
I love how you’re selflessly keeping the wine shops going 😂😂😂 we have a lovely little wine shop about two minutes down the road, and will no doubt be cleaning them out when I’ve run out of my first vino based stockpile. People here were losing their minds over toilet roll, and I was stressing about the potential lockdown dilemma of what if fancy a really fruity montepulciano, but I only have a Pinot noir on the rack 😭 oh the horror!
Priorities, clearly 😂
Just finished a cheeky little Pinot Grigio myself, husband had a little soupçon of Claret

• Heart
Trying to stick to food items only. But I did buy a pair of joggers to wear round the house because I didn't have any. Also very tempted by the Marimekko/Uniqlo collab that is launching on the 23rd. I bake a loaf of bread once a week for my postie to say thank you! He's a lovely guy. (I don't fancy him).
haha i have uniqlo x marimekko in my calendar! otherwise trying not to get more stuff.

Reactions: 4
🙋‍♀️ Food shopping (lots of wine) only and that’s done once a week by the hubby, he’s loving this hunter gatherer tit and I hate food shopping.. Was my birthday on Wednesday so got a JL delivery for the present my husband got me. I was so excited to see another human I almost ran out after the delivery guy to hug him. That’s the only delivery we’ve had, but I do need some paint to do outside railings and Id like a sander to do my outside furniture, so I’ve been hovering over deliver and click and collect for the last 2 weeks as I’ve been wondering if it’s essential, now we have another 3 weeks I may have to just do it.
My fiancé is the same - loves the hunter gatherer tit too where as going to the supermarket is my idea of hell at the best of times let alone now. I now have a vision of you hurdling over your gate to get to the delivery guy! 😂
@heretoreaditall2019 I don’t think there is a right or wrong answer. I ran out of skincare stuff that I probably could have scraped by without but it’s one of my little luxuries so ordered it from Boots and added some other bits we needed (toothpaste etc) to the order to try and limit doing lots of little orders. If plants help you feel happier in this weird lockdown period go for it. The only people I roll my eyes at are the influencers pushing constant tat on their followers *cough-Hinch-cough* at a time when people are likely to be struggling financially, and/or as someone else said earlier in the thread have a Miele on finance etc that they now can’t pay for. But then again if they just go through their app subscriptions they can probably save enough to pay it off, right Fod?! :rolleyes:

You want one....I’ve 2 that are so ready for going to a new home! Message me and I’ll send! X

Birthday love for Wednesday @Dogmuck xxxx
Such a lovely offer. If the second one is still free could I request it please? Otherwise happy to wait for the next round of cultivation!

• Heart
My fiancé is the same - loves the hunter gatherer tit too where as going to the supermarket is my idea of hell at the best of times let alone now. I now have a vision of you hurdling over your gate to get to the delivery guy! 😂
@heretoreaditall2019 I don’t think there is a right or wrong answer. I ran out of skincare stuff that I probably could have scraped by without but it’s one of my little luxuries so ordered it from Boots and added some other bits we needed (toothpaste etc) to the order to try and limit doing lots of little orders. If plants help you feel happier in this weird lockdown period go for it. The only people I roll my eyes at are the influencers pushing constant tat on their followers *cough-Hinch-cough* at a time when people are likely to be struggling financially, and/or as someone else said earlier in the thread have a Miele on finance etc that they now can’t pay for. But then again if they just go through their app subscriptions they can probably save enough to pay it off, right Fod?! :rolleyes:

Such a lovely offer. If the second one is still free could I request it please? Otherwise happy to wait for the next round of cultivation!
Yes! Absolutely! Message me and I’ll send off to you x

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Priorities, clearly 😂
Just finished a cheeky little Pinot Grigio myself, husband had a little soupçon of Claret
Haha my mum, pre lockdown being announced was laughing at the panic over toilet rolls and saying at least it meant the wine aisle was pretty empty so she could ensure she was well stocked up :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 5

😂😂 you crack me up
I’m loving the insights into everyone’s lock downs lives, it’s like with the soap convo it’s genuinely more interesting than what SODs have to offer!!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Wine - all the wine ..... I’ll use the labels to wipe my bum.
Not been on tattle for ages ... but FOD has driven me too it recently.

im a key worker and the husband is WFH while also on Childcare duties... he hasn’t time to go to the toilet in peace let alone make all these videos etc so I feel like the two older girls are used a lot as babysitters etc

I just can’t stand the guy

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I wonder if he'll reply to your DM @HouseOfHorrors now that he's seen you post on here! Clearly they follow the threads . Maybe he'll engage to try and save face (lol) or maybe he'll just block you now and be done with it.
I sort of h
Watch out @HouseOfHorrors, @Dogmuck is trying to be subtle but in reality she has you pegged as MOD/FOD or a close friend. Her question is the educated version of ‘Hi Simon 👋, welcome to the thread’ 🤪
Haha, umm I’m definitely not him, clemmie’s a grade A twit etc
Oh tit, that probably didn’t help

I sort of h

Although my inability to reply properly probably is making you think I’m him, lazy bastard

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I sort of h

Although my inability to reply properly probably is making you think I’m him, lazy bastard
Haha! There wasn’t near enough incoherent babbling for that to have been FOD 😅

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.