MOD & FOD #22 A draughty pile of pricks #ifyouknowyouknow

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
True. All the instamums were always so convincing when they recommended Bubble or whatever it was called.
What about those ‘Festival’Nannies they used but didn’t declare. I wonder if they are still using them.

Reactions: 4
Agreed with other comments here. If we were ripping SODs apart for domestic violence claims & criminal court proceedings, accusations of drug/alcohol addiction, self harm, sad rock bottom stuff that CF had to go through in life then yeah I wouldn't be here, and if I was would certainly be thinking about my part in things following the really sad news about her death.

As it is, I believe we're commenting on a man who chooses to post inappropriate images (the swimming pool changing rooms, the ear suck, etc) of his children, share so much they're highly identifiable (schools, address, grandparents' addresses, etc) therefore sadly at risk of god knows what, all for a few freebies. Someone that doesn't declare those freebies at all, as is now required by law.
And at the end of the day let’s not forget that MOD whilst hashtagging #bekind and responding with her own tale of ‘being trolled’ to posts off people like Sali Hughes was trolling her own friends and husband for a long time

Reactions: 16
I think that funny clicking noise dolphins 🐬 do 😂

Honestly every day I learn something new on here...just googled pod group
In short, pods are a group of Instagrammers that have agreed to work together, liking and commenting on each other's content in an effort to show Instagram how popular a post is. The hope is that your content will get pushed out more widely in to the photo feed.
I realised this a couple of years ago when I disagreed with an instahun.... I was immediately dm'd by three of the gang. At the time, I thought they'd whatsapped each other to alert a naysayer :LOL:

• Wow
Reactions: 7
They will also have engagement groups - like a insta group chat where they share their posts for each other to like and gush over

• Sick
Reactions: 5
Have to agree , my Husband has never worn one ( married 27 years) and I haven’t either for the last 9 years. I had major surgery and had to take it off then never put it on again.
I dont wear wedding ring regularly, no significance. For me it's because its gold and sometimes I want to wear silver and it clashes...my husbands never worn one

Reactions: 3
It seems the ASA's responses and enforcement are pretty toothless, so why would an Influencer feel the need to behave? I would like to see brands disclosing upfront who their paid partnerships are with - either through transparency in ads, or through their financial reporting. The ODs and all the others with their snouts in the trough have really got me thinking about who I choose NOT to spend my money with. That power should be taken away from the Influencers and be publicly available, like some kind of register. Surely it would be good PR for brands to show how it is done well?

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I can’t believe my eyes. I’ve just witnessed FOD sat on the toilet with his pants down 😩🤮 Help my eyes can’t be unseen.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
He can't be serious. I am sometimes wondering if he is part of a social psychology experiment... Like how much bullshit can he post before someone steps in and sends him to the doctor for a mental health evaluation.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
This is the thing about influencers - they want to monetise these huge audiences, put their engagement rates & little print screens of comments to show their ~authentic relationships with their following into pitch decks to grab sponcon money & load their homes with freebies. But with an audience of x thousand / hundred thou / million will come people that disagree with you on occasion, and that is ok. That is perfectly normal. Trolling and active bullying (eg your face is ugly / nasty tit about your life) is never acceptable but they purposefully conflate the two because they cannot handle constructive criticism/being held to any level of accountability.

The thing that kills me is - do any of us have jobs where we are never disagreed with? Where we never, ever make mistakes? Where we don’t have at least one difficult person to deal with? No tit meetings? Never cry in the loos? I’m going to guess literally no one does. Why do these guys expect the easiest life imaginable?

Why do influencers all seem to have this unwarranted persecution complex. I’ve mentioned before I’m in recovery & it’s inevitable that celebrity deaths like CF’s will get spoken about in meetings as people want to process how they feel about it, it can be triggering. We also sporadically have our “own” deaths to deal with - old timers killing themselves / dying old, relapsers, relapsers dying, suicide & botched suicides. The way that gets spoken about is respectful and kind, centring the common illness of addiction that does want to kill you as a topic of discussion and absolutely never ourselves?! Nor would we go out and weaponise these deaths of our peers as reasons to never ever challenge us, life is life and you’re going to have difficult times - you’re not beyond reproach for the rest of your life because you’ve had MH problems. I honestly think a lot of influencers are narcissistics because to make the leap from an addict’s death to their online social media profile is truly wild.

Sorry this isn’t 100% on topic, but it’s why I won’t stop commenting on SODs following CF’s death.
And neither should you stop. CF was a person in her own right. A person who had a screen life as a job but a real life like the rest of us. Love Island and other similar reality shows are the polar opposite of reality but its what gets shoved in the faces of all of us whether it be online, on the TV , in magazines..... It gives the younger generation a completely false representation of what life is really like and sets the most vulnerable of people up to fail. I work in adolescent mental health and so many of them are infatuated by these so called reality TV stars. The instawankers are just as bad if not worse because they're spewing their content out all day every day not giving a duck about anyone other than theirselves, or how to keep up with the other instawankers and the pathetic rivalry politics!

Wishing you well in your recovery - I have dipped my toe into adult mental health and attended some ATP training over the years. Very glad to read your post today 😁

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I dont wear wedding ring regularly, no significance. For me it's because its gold and sometimes I want to wear silver and it clashes...my husbands never worn one
Definitely, my husbands never worn one either. There was never any judgment about wearing/not wearing a wedding ring... The issue is that he used to and now doesn't.

Reactions: 6
I can’t believe my eyes. I’ve just witnessed FOD sat on the toilet with his pants down 😩🤮 Help my eyes can’t be unseen.
And with his top off in bed...with nobody next to him but some pillows pretending to be Clemmie - vomit 🤮 and sad 🙄 - I know it’s been a crappy weekend weather wise and so not many folk have got out (sadly I had to accept the storm and go to my in laws 😏) but what sort of father spends that much time, thinking, recording and editing this sort of tit on a weekend? Slyman you need to sort yourself out, you’ve got 4 beautiful kids and a wife you could expend that thought and energy on. Come on, give it up, your desperation is smelly as tit 💩

Attachments

Reactions: 5
Definitely, my husbands never worn one either. There was never any judgment about wearing/not wearing a wedding ring... The issue is that he used to and now doesn't.
[/QUOTE
My husband wore a wedding ring but it got too big and out of laziness he hasn’t had it resized so doesn’t wear it (although he felt bad about not having it on but clearly not that bad 😂) and I regularly don’t wear mine as it triggers my carpel tunnel syndrome but on those days I wear it round my neck. ....... on another topic hasn’t he done the whistles thing already #lazyfod #stuckforcontent

• Haha
Reactions: 1
And neither should you stop. CF was a person in her own right. A person who had a screen life as a job but a real life like the rest of us. Love Island and other similar reality shows are the polar opposite of reality but its what gets shoved in the faces of all of us whether it be online, on the TV , in magazines..... It gives the younger generation a completely false representation of what life is really like and sets the most vulnerable of people up to fail. I work in adolescent mental health and so many of them are infatuated by these so called reality TV stars. The instawankers are just as bad if not worse because they're spewing their content out all day every day not giving a duck about anyone other than theirselves, or how to keep up with the other instawankers and the pathetic rivalry politics!

Wishing you well in your recovery - I have dipped my toe into adult mental health and attended some ATP training over the years. Very glad to read your post today 😁
oh bless, thank you! And yep, I think that influencers are particularly dangerous cos they are a friendly human face to capitalism, mental health & money is so inherently interlinked anyway, I worry about kids growing up under it cos they’ve got no means of understanding just how excessive their consumption is. Even young women who are leaving the nest for the first time - I have no doubt this is why there’s been such growth in women in their early 20s entering IVAs etc. It’s funny how they can pedal the mental health argument when it suits them but never consider the flip side to the coin and how many women will be feeling like tit / getting into the tit financially as a result of their sponcon !

Reactions: 11
oh bless, thank you! And yep, I think that influencers are particularly dangerous cos they are a friendly human face to capitalism, mental health & money is so inherently interlinked anyway, I worry about kids growing up under it cos they’ve got no means of understanding just how excessive their consumption is. Even young women who are leaving the nest for the first time - I have no doubt this is why there’s been such growth in women in their early 20s entering IVAs etc. It’s funny how they can pedal the mental health argument when it suits them but never consider the flip side to the coin and how many women will be feeling like tit / getting into the tit financially as a result of their sponcon !
Where is your source for the growth in women in their early twenties entering IVAs etc.? I assume you are referring to administration orders & the like, when you say etc.? Stats like this need substantiating, particularly if you use them to pin tit on people. Don't get me wrong; NOT a fan of the Instahun over-consumption culture at all. But we need to be factual.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.