MOD & FOD #16 Slymon is being penetrated in the ears, whilst Gimmie is hiding from her peers

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just find the ‘reno’ so at odds with the house itself. The previous renovations actually really enhanced the rooms. They’ve put a very modern stamp intermixed with traditional and it just seems a mess. The pink tiles and taps to me just look horrendous. I suppose if they are free you know you can just change it but I don’t know how you could look at it! It’s like a modern hotel bathroom but in a old elegant house. Weird.
I did read somewhere I'm sure, that the previous owners did it up so rooms could be rented out, and the layout didn't fit for family living. Am also not a fan of the pink bathroom, it's so specific to them, it's an instant 'that bathroom will need re-doing' when it comes to reselling the house, which is a huge shame given how expensive some of the gifted fittings are.

Reactions: 4
I just find the ‘reno’ so at odds with the house itself. The previous renovations actually really enhanced the rooms. They’ve put a very modern stamp intermixed with traditional and it just seems a mess. The pink tiles and taps to me just look horrendous. I suppose if they are free you know you can just change it but I don’t know how you could look at it! It’s like a modern hotel bathroom but in a old elegant house. Weird.
They seem really into the mid century look which clashes horribly with the house itself.

• Heart
I did read somewhere I'm sure, that the previous owners did it up so rooms could be rented out, and the layout didn't fit for family living. Am also not a fan of the pink bathroom, it's so specific to them, it's an instant 'that bathroom will need re-doing' when it comes to reselling the house, which is a huge shame given how expensive some of the gifted fittings are.
I thought they’d done it to Airbnb? To be honest it was clearly bollocks. The house would’ve worked perfectly well with minor alterations for a family, they chose to completely redo all of it because they knew insta would pay for it. Fair enough but doesn’t mean it looks better or nicer! Each to their own, they have to live with it and the cleaners have to clean it 😜

Reactions: 8
They seem really into the mid century look which clashes horribly with the house itself.
It'll be like those avocado bathroom suites, 30 years from now...

I know! If I fitted a bespoke handmade fully built in kitchen like that, with handles that cost £70+ each I'd expect that kitchen to remain in place for 30/40 years. Not just 10. 🙄
For £70, I'd want the handles to open the doors by themselves...

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Just checked on the Rachel Jackson website. All googled links with Clemmie's name in them go to a page 404 not found. If you look for the pieces on the website they're still there but there's no mention of Clemmie at all. Omg.

Wait, what???? She deactivated it???? In other news, I hear there's some rumours about Prince Andrew.....😂😂
Just checked on the Rachel Jackson website. All googled links with Clemmie's name in them go to a page 404 not found. If you look for the pieces on the website they're still there but there's no mention of Clemmie at all. Omg.
It’s been like that since this kicked off.

Reactions: 9
Yep, Clemmie was instantly whitewashed out. Am pretty sure there was a comment somewhere from Rachel Jackson trying to be diplomatic by saying there were no plans for any more colabs.

Perhaps her next range could include a charm that represents a hot brick? Would seem appropriate 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
@Scouserachel is still roasting FOD on twitter.....

8C2ABBF5-56C8-44C6-BB44-A4672AD35D55.jpeg
FCD1AF17-5DF8-45CC-AA6A-AF8A8EA40E20.jpeg

Below is the link to the tweets if anyone wants to look. She has a whole FOD thread:

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Christ on a bike! Is Slymon seriously saying that his 'life doesn't get much better'??? Seriously???

His wife has been mauled and defamed all over the international media. Her reputation, both professionally and personally, has been torn to shreds. And, she is most likely being investigated by her governing body........and 'life doesn't get much better'???

Speechless.
Am not a native speaker, but I work in English and always thought I had a fair command of it. But HERE: my brain does not understand! It's like the double negations (in any language): my brain freezes. I lack logical pattern or whatever skill required.
Help me please! What does he mean? I can sense from reading it it's obnoxious, but can't figure out the meaning.
Thanks! You saved my day (and my yesterday)

Reactions: 1

Yel

So many blue tickers feel the same way about FOD, but the sun calls tattle a hotbed of hate and everything that's wrong with the internet :LOL: Because we don't sell our childen for taps and holidays

1575376239376.png

• Haha
Reactions: 23
So many blue tickers feel the same way about FOD, but the sun calls tattle a hotbed of hate and everything that's wrong with the internet :LOL: Because we don't sell our childen for taps and holidays

View attachment 61686
I’ve also noticed commenters saying they hate Tattle even though they’ve never looked at it, they just can’t bear to. 🙄🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Since properly actively joining because of the MoD saga I will defend this place to the hilt. I really do love it and I’ve had some very big belly laughs because of it over a crappy fortnight.

so here’s to Tattle x

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Think it's just the Cosmic Love collection now and no MODxRJ references whatsoever!

Reactions: 1
well done. That’s great.

Sadly life isn’t fair though. I know you didn’t suggest this but I’ve read it before where people think that they have more money than others because they “deserve” it because they worked hard. However life doesn’t follow those rules so to suggest it does is unfair and wrong.

Some of the people who deserve to be paid the most (teachers, nurses, midwives 😬etc etc) are paid relatively poorly.

To suggest that people like that can just “work hard” and then they too could “deserve” a well deserved break to Abu Dhabi first class is just insulting. You can be a nurse and work all the extra shifts under the sun, make a real difference to many people’s lives and get the best reviews from your boss, but you’ll never afford all that.

Countless studies have shown that its the people with wealthy parent families that ultimately get the best paid jobs in the media (tv, newspapers) and jobs that start off with a lot of financial uncertainty (eg entrepreneurs, barristers). To suggest that all these people with rich families just so happen to be more talented journalists than all the people from poorer backgrounds just isn’t true. They can afford to do unpaid work experience, take career risks etc etc.

The way I see it, the distribution of wealth is largely based on luck and extremely unfair on many. The idea that all rich people “deserve” it somehow suggests that poorer people also “deserve” to be poor somehow.

The people who have far more wealth than they need should ultimately feel a huge responsibility to help others. Because to acquire that much wealth, they’ve ultimately stolen from the hands of their sisters. There should be enough to go round.

I suppose capitalism teaches is that we should crave wealth and possessions above all else.

That young 25yo lad Jack who just got killed in the London Bridge attack tweeted something (much more eloquent) along these lines a couple of months ago, about how we are told to admire billionaires because capitalism tells us we should all be attempting to be them, when in reality anyone that rich should be ashamed of themselves. it’s really stuck with me today. What an amazing man. Oh dear I’m off topic now aren’t I!
Just to say: my husband is a senior journalist at a well known newspaper and it’s definitely not a high paying job. At all.
Also, we are gifted free flights and holidays ALL the time - it’s PR and all they really want is their names mentioned somewhere. For flights, it’s usually just a mention in the fact box of the travel pieces.
I just think it’s important to have perspective over how this sort of thing works - it’s all just publicity for the brands and costs them next to nothing (that plane will be flying anyway...), and it’s got nothing to do with whether or not me or my husband deserve it, it’s all just transactional.

Reactions: 18
Just to say: my husband is a senior journalist at a well known newspaper and it’s definitely not a high paying job. At all.
Also, we are gifted free flights and holidays ALL the time - it’s PR and all they really want is their names mentioned somewhere. For flights, it’s usually just a mention in the fact box of the travel pieces.
I just think it’s important to have perspective over how this sort of thing works - it’s all just publicity for the brands and costs them next to nothing (that plane will be flying anyway...), and it’s got nothing to do with whether or not me or my husband deserve it, it’s all just transactional.
Understood.
But the point is FOD is claiming he deserves it. For what, we know not why.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.