MOD & FOD #15 Now we know Slymon really is a prick, because all he’s doing is taking the mick!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Don’t joke. My husband delivered our third at rapid speed. By the time the midwife got there placenta was delivered, baby was fed and asleep and I was on my second cup of tea 🤣
Wow! Honestly, I was shocked at how fast my daughter came so I am a little apprehensive. On the other hand it’s a good thing I’m not planning on a hospital birth as we are about half an hour away and I’m not sure we’d make it, especially as we’d have to find someone to have the children first!

Reactions: 3
I could give you a really long boring answer and then you will no doubt tell me it’s my own fault and not the influencers. It’s not an influencers ‘fault’ per se. And not all of the debt was related to influential purchases. It makes no difference how much was. But I know many people who overstretched, buying ‘necessary’ baby purchases shown by an nhs midwife. Bugaboos, Stokke cots and highchairs, sleepyheads, rigby and pellar bras, it’s like trying to buy a lifestyle you think your baby ‘needs’. (I didn’t buy all or even half those things to be clear.) but the pressure to redecorate, provide a nursery etc are extremely powerful to new mums. Whatvand how my debt was and occurred are irrelevant. I own my debt, I’m responsible, I’ve dealt with it, but after coming out of the toxic Instagram bubble I realised how powerful influencers were even to people who think they would be unable to be influenced.
It’s taken this thread to make me wake up and see the reality of the purchases I’ve made over my two maternity leaves. I’m ashamed to admit it, but I honestly thought I was following a bunch of SE london mums who were great friends, had style that I liked and who had just “stumbled” into having large insta followings. I’m just now getting a sense of how manipulated I let myself be (at great expense!). I also worry that these people have had too much of an influence on my ideas about parenting (which they aren’t shy on handing out advice on). As someone else said, it’s insidious, and hard to tell where the selling ends and the real world begins, especially in the middle of another night feed. I’m honestly grateful to the women on this thread for opening my eyes.

• Heart
Reactions: 59
I don’t get the strong girls club thing. Are they saying some girls aren’t strong? Or it’s a clique?

The magazine articles... are they anonymous?People are bitching without owning? Pah!

FOD is losing followers again . He always does when he posts... The ones that appeared overnight have gone again

Reactions: 10
Confessions are coming in now. No rug for me although I did swipe up at it once to see the price. (It has puzzled me why this particular rug was hailed as the holy grail). I confess to (about two years ago) buying a Mama hoody from SM. Mama written in huge letters on the back. Overpriced. I was once about to head out in it with my other half and he said, “you’re not...going out in that...are you”. It is relegated to only wearing in the house when it’s cold as I stopped in my tracks and agreed. I wouldn’t wear it out. Overpriced. A hoody from a supermarket would have done the same bloody job. Why did I pay £50 for Mama to be printed on it? Also bought a bag Clemmie once advertised. Regret, zip bust after a few uses.
Don’t get me wrong, I’ve found some nice decently items off instagram posts. But it’s certaining causing people (mainly women) to buy stuff they bloody don’t need. Especially mums up feeding at 3am. I have been known to get confirmation emails when I next wake up and then I genuinely have forgotten what I’ve ordered.

Tbh I think MOD will be in a bad place knowing that magazines are now doing articles. It’s all gone beyond the mileage now. That screenshot someone posted a few pages ago, with someone on Instagram saying that they had reported MOD. What on earth was that actually about?

• Heart
Reactions: 17
The only thing I bought which she plugged is the space mask .. fantastic things but pricy .

Reactions: 8
Not sure I agree, some of the comments I've read about people on other threads are really personal and just mean.....
There definitely are comments that are mean and rude on Tattle, but that isn’t the definition of trolling.

“Trolling is defined as creating discord on the Internet by starting quarrels or upsetting people by posting inflammatory or off-topic messages in an online community. Basically, a social media troll is someone who purposely says something controversial in order to get a rise out of other users.”

Tattle is a completely separate platform to Instagram, Youtube, Facebook, etc. I’m not going into MOD’s online space and posting mean comments there to cause discord.

Reactions: 6
It’s absolutely REVOLTING. My children have destroyed what was initially cream and it’s a rank grey. We’re hiring a carpet cleaner to see if it will come up half decent but my OH is very pissed off with the whole thing 😂😂 wondering why I needed it
This has made me laugh so much. I did EXACTLY the same thing. I now bleeping hate the rug as A: it’s trashed to buggary and B the bloody influencers made me do it!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
There definitely are comments that are mean and rude on Tattle, but that isn’t the definition of trolling.

“Trolling is defined as creating discord on the Internet by starting quarrels or upsetting people by posting inflammatory or off-topic messages in an online community. Basically, a social media troll is someone who purposely says something controversial in order to get a rise out of other users.”

Tattle is a completely separate platform to Instagram, Youtube, Facebook, etc. I’m not going into MOD’s online space and posting mean comments there to cause discord.
Ha. Erm this place definitely lives up to the trolling definition. Some of the other threads have mean comments etc. I hate the actually word trolling because I think people are allowed their own opinions and we don’t all have to like everyone etc so I don’t think there’s much wrong with talking about a grievance we have with people. It’s up to those people if they read up on themselves etc

Reactions: 2
Poor FOD, he really is grasping at straws for content that doesn't involve the girls.
Hey, hey- he is here for the LAUGHS!!! 🤣 He's never been funny imo, but since the Clemmie-scandal with no #ad to post (assuming some of not all brands have dropped them or are rethinking their association with brand Of Daughters?) and clearly having been advised not to show the girls (plus smarting from his wife saying he's nothing without them) it's becoming increasingly apparent that he has very little to offer! Since the relocated he seems stuck inside the insta-bubble.

Reactions: 12
I reckon we all get a pop socket (what a wanky term!) with “I’m a tattler, are you?” Written on it.

Similar to a Freemason handshake 🤝

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Nah, needs to be coded to be freemason-esque

How about this face? 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I don’t think he meant he would sit down and crank one out if someone asked how he was. That would be a little rude. He is a twit, and many things besides but he doesn’t strike me as someone who would just beat one out in front of any kindly intended person asking how he is.
Think it’s pretty unlikely his dad taught him to masterbate on the sofa as well.
That’s really made me laugh. Thank you

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Jeez....bring back the twins as you’re dull as tit without them!

I don’t actually mean that as I don’t agree with him selling them so really he should give up altogether as it’s just too cringe!

MOD was right....he is a twit! Class A!

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Just seen the New M&S ‘jumper’ advert... people dancing to House of Pain - Jump around - they may have redeemed themselves after the MOD and crew marketing debacle . Made me want to go out and get some funky jumpers 👌🏼

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.