Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

judsmum

Chatty Member
View attachment 58152
The thing I find strange about this image, as someone who has studied art history a fair amount, is the position of Candice’s hand. Jesus is often depicted using this open hand gesture. They’re all surrounding her like she’s the new Messiah.... maybe she is the Insta second coming?
Nah - I think she’s just got it open in anticipation for accepting more free shit.

• Haha
Reactions: 132

judsmum

Chatty Member
I have a poem for you too Simon...

There once was a man called Fod,
Whose wife once thought she was God,
She picked on some women
Now she’s no longer winning,
So now Simon must post on his tod.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 99

Tothemoonandback

Been watching “I’m a celebrity” and wondering why Ant can get found guilty of drunk driving and crashing into a car with a child in it and everyone stand by him. Yet MOD acts a bit bitchy behind her mates’ back and all her friends unfollow and disown her?

• Heart
Reactions: 88

BettyCrocker

VIP Member
Do you know what? I’m actually a bit excited to see what her next move is. Will they transform or just brush it under the carpet?
It will probably be a 5,000 word post all about how she’s on her period and got “caught out” so had to fashion a sanitary towel out of a kinder egg wrapper, a biro pen and receipt from Pret. And how she’s so happy she lives in Kent because she can pop over to Sainos and pick up a monster pack of Always Ultra pads and some dairy milk so that she’s not caught out again tomorrow HASHTAG “boss babe/stronggirlsclub/mama got this/my vulva is not the same as my vagina”

• Haha
Reactions: 82

CyanideKiss

Chatty Member
They were never Gimmie's real friends. Never. They were at best, friendly business acquaintances or colleagues. They were deliberately lumped together, by their PR agencies, to promote a totally faux 'sisterhood' in order to better shill to their naive followers. The poor, credulous followers saw this gaggle of glittery clad girlies and desperately wanted to belong too. Even if only by buying a Scamp & Dude sweater or that shitty La Redoute rug. These faux insta-friendships were deliberately created & deployed to appeal to their (typically vulnerable, isolated, lonely young mums) naive followers who yearned for a similar support network.

Shame on you InstaMums. If you had ever been true friends of Gimmie's you would have stood by her. Yes, acknowledged she'd been stupid and needed a clip round the ear, and needed a massive rethink of her attitude, but you should have stood by her. Because we're all human and capable of massive mistakes. And, there must be enough good in Gimmie to make her worth your friendship? After all, you couldn't get enough of her only 3 weeks ago, because you all thought her so amazing and inspirational and fantastic, yes?

Instead you dropped her so fast she must have whiplash and have flocked to Candice with your faux smiles. A self confessed pimp who will have targeted & used vulnerable women in order to line her own pockets. Just as you are all using CB now in the hope it will raise your profiles, increase your followers and line your own pockets.

Classy. Really classy.

• Heart
Reactions: 76

blurstoftimes

VIP Member
Another thread suggestion!

Hey Slymon, how's Clemmie, your publicly shamed spouse? 'Oh sorry, can't hear you, I'm listening to progressive house'

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 74

Amber

Noticed commenting has started again on meetthewildes post she apologised on a few posts and seems quite contrite .
Hi, it's Amber from MeettheWildes here - I've been a silent reader for a while and I've learnt a great deal from Tattle generally, so I hope that you don't mind me making a rare post to share that I've apologised on Stories also (it seemed less attention/engagement-seeking than to dedicate a grid post to the matter, though I appreciate that it's not ideal that my apology has disappeared 24h after the fact). As it can't be viewed any more, I've attached it here.

In short - I made a mistake and a serious one. I do feel that the NMC should investigate clearly what Clemmie said, the context in which it was said and the broader issue of whether there is a conflict of interest between midwifery and 'influencing' but it was inappropriate of me to suggest that my following should also consider reporting her to her regulatory body. Additionally, I closed the comments - for a number of reasons that felt justified at the time, but primarily because I had previously enjoyed a whole insta lifetime of being completely uncontroversial, I didn't know how to handle my comments blowing up. They are now back on, though I do hope that I'm 'yesterday's news' because I'd really like to return to bumbling along uncontroversially.

I won't interrupt your private space again, but as I've been reading for a while there are contributors here whose sound judgement I respect and who spoke out against what I had said, I just wanted to make it clear that I heard, and that I'm sorry.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 73

GreyWolf

VIP Member
Debt from being influenced? What did you buy?
I could give you a really long boring answer and then you will no doubt tell me it’s my own fault and not the influencers. It’s not an influencers ‘fault’ per se. And not all of the debt was related to influential purchases. It makes no difference how much was. But I know many people who overstretched, buying ‘necessary’ baby purchases shown by an nhs midwife. Bugaboos, Stokke cots and highchairs, sleepyheads, rigby and pellar bras, it’s like trying to buy a lifestyle you think your baby ‘needs’. (I didn’t buy all or even half those things to be clear.) but the pressure to redecorate, provide a nursery etc are extremely powerful to new mums. Whatvand how my debt was and occurred are irrelevant. I own my debt, I’m responsible, I’ve dealt with it, but after coming out of the toxic Instagram bubble I realised how powerful influencers were even to people who think they would be unable to be influenced.

• Heart
Reactions: 68

Kikini Bamalam

VIP Member
I think I am lucky, in that I didn't get the internet until 2003, when my youngest daughter was 1. I already had 2 older boys who were 8 and 6. Back then it was mainly message boards/forums like this. I used to frequent the old Bounty boards which was fine, but I was on my 3rd so pretty secure in my abilities.

I do wonder what I would have done if insta was around then, because I have severe and enduring mental illness. I was/am basically an influencers wet dream. Part of my illness is I am prone to manic behaviours and I can become obsessive. I was in £55k of debt because of it, I am now down to £29k debt after 9 years of being in a debt plan. I can't blame influencers for my issues, but I can point to the internet for making it very easy for me to buy stuff quickly. Yes, I was doing that in the high street, but I could drop a lot of money quicker on the internet.

I think that modern life makes people feel much more isolated, while at the same time more connected. What I mean by that is, we have so many more ways to find people with the same interests, but they may not have our best interests at heart. Take the HInch for example, her stuff started off with cleaning and most people could drop 10 quid on cleaning products to be like Hinch, but she has morphed into... I don't know what exactly? Is she a home account or a cleaning account or a mum account or all of them?

I think it's really unfair and cruel to berate people and call them weak for buying what people on insta are selling. People on insta are "relatable". We see advert on tv and know that's an advert. But we see Clemmie or Mrs Hinch or Zoella or whoever saying, "Hey everyone, I got this thing and it is the best thing ever, I totally love it, I know you'll love it too so here's a 10% off code"

I've rambled but what I think I am saying is that insta is nowhere near regulated enough. It is pure manipulation and the sooner the tide turns the better.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 66

JessicaFletcher

Chatty Member
I think most people have been there, and theres a vulnerability about being a new mum which is why they target them. I can't say I've been influenced to buy via Instagram to buy big things but I can see how people have. Sitting up at 2am wondering if a sleepy head will get you a bit more sleep. Having a colicky baby who screams most of the evening and wondering if 'that' bottle will cure it. Feeling shit about yourself and thinking someone looks great in that £40 sweatshirt so wondering if it would make you look great too. A lot of new mums will try anything to make their life easier whether its hinch's ebay caddy or a cybex car seat. The vulnerability stretches into you don't want to feel like your baby doesn't have the best of the best, so £1000 on a credit card for a pram. Someones using childs farm 'and it really is the best!' so you feel like your child should have this miracle bubble bath. It goes on and on. If you've got PND or post natal anxiety alongside it it can be magnified.

So I don't think anyone should be ashamed. The influencing is ruthless and reaches people 24hrs a day, theres no escape and why it works so well. The people shoving it down our throats should feel ashamed, but they would rather make 5p from your swipe up for something that is useless/ unsafe/ will break in a week than care about how you feel.

• Heart
Reactions: 65

judsmum

Chatty Member
I’ll start to accept Simon as a mental health advocate when he starts to consider the mental health of his daughters. Being a preteen and having every aspect of your life broadcast to strangers on the internet is not conducive to an healthy mind.

• Heart
Reactions: 64

judsmum

Chatty Member
Ordinary folk think they are being gifted for being so wonderful but it's all instabegging.

Rude. I would never have the balls to ring up companies and beg for stuff.
I struggle to barter at a car boot sale, I’d be useless as an instabeggar

• Haha
Reactions: 62

Peggy Lee

VIP Member
A group of my friends collect warm coats , hats clothing , sleeping bags etc they go Newcastle city and hand these along with hit drinks, sandwiches , fruit etc several times they have been stopped by shop owners etc who say that feeding these people is encouraging them to beg , seemingly hungry and cold people are bad fir business ! So if you have nothing and beg thatscwrong , but if you are a wealthy and popular influencer then it’s perfectly ok in fact the same people who follow these people are often the first to condemn those on benefits , single mums etc the world has truly gone mad it’s ok to beg if you are pretty and funny and have all you need , but if you are homeless and penniless then you must have done something wrong surely to find yourself in this predicament , starving people not our problem , people being killed caught up in a power struggle for control of oil , not our problem what has happened to our empathy and compassion seems it’s reserved for only some people 🤷‍♀️😞 please excuse I am partially sighted and this keyboard is tiny !! sorry for mistakes not thick or uneducated just can’t see when I rant about what I find so heartbreaking I often get told off for my poor grammar another example of human kindness ...

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 60

Grove77

I could give you a really long boring answer and then you will no doubt tell me it’s my own fault and not the influencers. It’s not an influencers ‘fault’ per se. And not all of the debt was related to influential purchases. It makes no difference how much was. But I know many people who overstretched, buying ‘necessary’ baby purchases shown by an nhs midwife. Bugaboos, Stokke cots and highchairs, sleepyheads, rigby and pellar bras, it’s like trying to buy a lifestyle you think your baby ‘needs’. (I didn’t buy all or even half those things to be clear.) but the pressure to redecorate, provide a nursery etc are extremely powerful to new mums. Whatvand how my debt was and occurred are irrelevant. I own my debt, I’m responsible, I’ve dealt with it, but after coming out of the toxic Instagram bubble I realised how powerful influencers were even to people who think they would be unable to be influenced.
It’s taken this thread to make me wake up and see the reality of the purchases I’ve made over my two maternity leaves. I’m ashamed to admit it, but I honestly thought I was following a bunch of SE london mums who were great friends, had style that I liked and who had just “stumbled” into having large insta followings. I’m just now getting a sense of how manipulated I let myself be (at great expense!). I also worry that these people have had too much of an influence on my ideas about parenting (which they aren’t shy on handing out advice on). As someone else said, it’s insidious, and hard to tell where the selling ends and the real world begins, especially in the middle of another night feed. I’m honestly grateful to the women on this thread for opening my eyes.

• Heart
Reactions: 59

Peachy9

VIP Member
I wouldn’t be surprised if she wasn’t around much at the moment, how could they even begin to live together after all of this...?
Well, luckily they have 3 reception rooms, 3 bathrooms and 6 sodding bedrooms to help avoid each other👍

• Haha
Reactions: 56

PoorPatrol

VIP Member
BD957AD7-5138-4C93-B38A-A0502846D769.jpeg

The thing I find strange about this image, as someone who has studied art history a fair amount, is the position of Candice’s hand. Jesus is often depicted using this open hand gesture. They’re all surrounding her like she’s the new Messiah.... maybe she is the Insta second coming?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 54
(Posting again as my details were in the screenshot 🤦🏼‍♀️) I signed up after hearing about the site when it all kicked off with MOD! You have all opened my eyes and I have unfollowed so many ‘mums!’ Anyhow I was just lost on the CT Thread (her lost rings) and subsequently got lost in her Instagram nonsense (It’s been like this for weeks now 🤣) and came across this post... The irony

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 51