MOD & FOD #15 Now we know Slymon really is a prick, because all he’s doing is taking the mick!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I could give you a really long boring answer and then you will no doubt tell me it’s my own fault and not the influencers. It’s not an influencers ‘fault’ per se. And not all of the debt was related to influential purchases. It makes no difference how much was. But I know many people who overstretched, buying ‘necessary’ baby purchases shown by an nhs midwife. Bugaboos, Stokke cots and highchairs, sleepyheads, rigby and pellar bras, it’s like trying to buy a lifestyle you think your baby ‘needs’. (I didn’t buy all or even half those things to be clear.) but the pressure to redecorate, provide a nursery etc are extremely powerful to new mums. Whatvand how my debt was and occurred are irrelevant. I own my debt, I’m responsible, I’ve dealt with it, but after coming out of the toxic Instagram bubble I realised how powerful influencers were even to people who think they would be unable to be influenced.
Oh no sorry I was genuinely interested rather than going to slate you! I understand how people get sucked it and if I had the money I’m sure I would get sucked in too!! The instamums are all fake and harp on about sisterhood but happy to sell to under the pretence of being part of the club - exploiting the vulnerable! They should never be allowed to advertise unless they actually paid for the product and they should not be paid by companies either imho.

Reactions: 10
They really need to stop with the ‘troll’ name calling. If nasty comments are being sent directly to influencers via DM or posted on their feeds as comments, fair enough that’s trolling.

If it is discussion on a totally seperate platform that’s not trolling. In any case, it’s far more nuanced than that: I can admire someone’s dress sense and overall like her account, while rolling my eyes that she schilled butter that one time.

I’m a bit conflicted with contacting brands, it is a consumer’s right to do so, but does it cross over into interfering with another person’s life?

Reactions: 12
My eyes have been well and truly opened too...Thank god!!! I missed the rug (I'm so sure I'd have bought it otherwise 😬) but I've got to admit I bought a strong girls tee AND a bloody pop socket 🤦🏻‍♀️ Went to a party once and literally everyone laughed at me for the pop socket alone! Needless to say, the Tee Shirt is now a pj top.. expensive but not £150 pj expensive....Im sure I got sucked in with other stuff, that I've just blocked from memory due to embarrassment. Women supporting women eh, what balls, it's actually a good job I discovered tattle which enlightened me to 'women fleecing women' (as someone once said on here!) And they call Tattle the worst place on line, yet the instafleecers are the ones lying and deceiving vulnerable mums to spend the £££ that they would never do themselves!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Ironically had she just been some random podcaster, or even an “influencer” doing a podcast on birth stories but NOT a midwife there would have been no issue there. But the lines were blurred as she chose to do a podcast with Maisie Hill author or Period. Because she was the hot thing at that moment and it co I coded with her book launch. The issue people had was that she had chosen to have no scans, and at no point was there a caution or a statement about scans being recommended or the stats behind how many births are successful/ saved/ live etc as a result of scans being introduced and used at key stages of pregnancy (I don’t have quite the right words but you get my drift) - and not providing that caveat essentially contravenes the NMC best practise and her training as a midwife, despite it having been the mother choice on this occasion. When it’s broadcast to a large, potentially susceptible, audience then she absolutely should have to think about those things after pushing herself into the limelight because of being a midwife.
I also realised why there was a broken link someone reported in thread #14 on the CT blog- because MoD went from having the handle midwifeyhooper to rebranding to the handle mother of daughters... so the link wasn’t redirected and the original IG account is gone...
This is really interesting and isn’t something I have heard about before. Do you have a link to the podcast?

Reactions: 3
, third..? My husband will be putting up the birthing pool in advance this time I think!

OK, I’m actually a little nervous! I feel I should prepare my husband for it just being him delivering the baby! 😂 Lets hope it happens at night so he doesn’t have t juggle that with dealing with the older two.
Don’t joke. My husband delivered our third at rapid speed. By the time the midwife got there placenta was delivered, baby was fed and asleep and I was on my second cup of tea 🤣

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
And this is why these InstaScums need to be called into account. New Mums are very suggestible when it comes to giving their baby the best. New Mums are often isolated and overwhelmed. But, honestly you cannot BUY an item that will make you feel less isolated. A rug can never make you feel that you belong. An overpriced sparkly jumper doesn't have the power to stop you feeling overwhelmed. They just don't.

But new Mums are preyed on and tricked into believing that they will.
This is so true. Instagram account called My Frugal Year, talks about this a lot. (sorry for being off topic)

Reactions: 12
Has FOD totally lost the plot? He isn't even remotely funny. He's just mega cringe. It's like he is desperately trying for interesting content but it's coming over as contrived, un original and embarrassing. I'm sure all his fans will love it though.

Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.