MOD & FOD #15 Now we know Slymon really is a prick, because all he’s doing is taking the mick!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am a longtime lurker and first time poster. A few years ago I heard (via a very well placed source - a girl I went to school with who is friends with my sister) that another girl I know of from school employed MOD’s former nanny, a young, sweet Spanish girl, who MOD had not paid minimum wage or given a contract. The nanny wanted more hours and agreed this with MOD, who wrote her a reference. When the nanny got a new job with the girl I know from school, who is in a top PR job so knows her employment law, she asked the nanny what her notice period with MOD was and when she found out she didn’t have a contract and wasn’t even being paid minimum wage she suggested that she start immediately. Apparently MOD went nuts and called her up to retract the positive reference she’d given the nanny. And she told MOD to piss off. I believe this is what triggered MOD’s vitriolic outburst in her IG stories about the nanny and this other person (the father of twins) defending her.
Does that mean MOD wasn't paying tax and NI for the nanny?! If you employ a nanny you are responsible for paying their tax and NI, just as a company would.

Reactions: 8
I am a longtime lurker and first time poster. A few years ago I heard (via a very well placed source - a girl I went to school with who is friends with my sister) that another girl I know of from school employed MOD’s former nanny, a young, sweet Spanish girl, who MOD had not paid minimum wage or given a contract. The nanny wanted more hours and agreed this with MOD, who wrote her a reference. When the nanny got a new job with the girl I know from school, who is in a top PR job so knows her employment law, she asked the nanny what her notice period with MOD was and when she found out she didn’t have a contract and wasn’t even being paid minimum wage she suggested that she start immediately. Apparently MOD went nuts and called her up to retract the positive reference she’d given the nanny. And she told MOD to piss off. I believe this is what triggered MOD’s vitriolic outburst in her IG stories about the nanny and this other person (the father of twins) defending her.
was it a nanny or an au pair though? There’s obviously a lot of au pair abuse out there, but I’d hope that would explain the not meeting minimum wage rather than being shady.
Wonder if this story strays into libel tho... hope you have the proof to back it up!!!!

Reactions: 7
was it a nanny or an au pair though? There’s obviously a lot of au pair abuse out there, but I’d hope that would explain the not meeting minimum wage rather than being shady.
Wonder if this story strays into libel tho... hope you have the proof to back it up!!!!
Whatever the truth is in this situation it doesn’t excuse going on to stories and publicising it surely?

Reactions: 9
I could be completely wrong but the cynical side of me thinks none of them are friends. Yes MOD delivered CT’s baby, but I reckon she asked her because it was a good PR move not because they’re besties.

Reactions: 15
Well well well, it’s all coming out now, isn’t it. Maybe MOD thought the nanny had #gifted her services 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 17
No i don't agree that anna mathur does it so well! She's going the exact same way as mod. She commodotises her work and sells it on Insta and it just should not happen. It's taking advantage of vulnerable women who want to be in the clique and therefore purchase the wares. She's done her own fair share of freebies/ events/untagged gifts and ads. Hcpc rules state that you should be very careful with your online presence. Insta is essentially an mlm scheme and no health professional should be selling their work on there. It's unethical and the potential for abuse is enormous. Insta is not the place for paid medical services.
I haven’t noticed her doing that much #ad #paidpartnership #freebie stuff. Admittedly I haven’t looked at her account much recently so I will look again and happy to be proven wrong.

I don’t see an issue in her selling her work online but I don’t know what the rules are for psychotherapists. I believe they aren’t as regulated as doctors for example but don’t have enough experience with psychotherapists.

My own experience is with another healthcare profession and they would be advised to keep their professional and personal online prescence separate. That’s not to say they can’t use it for work - they can and I think their governing body has quite purposefully not ruled it out as it is was a bit of an unknown entity before, not so much now as more in that profession are using things such as social media, Skype, e.t.c...for their work

I personally see no problem with Anna Mathur monetising her Instagram account providing it’s not going against her governing bodies code of conduct. After all, most psychotherapy is private in the UK and if anything, she is making it more affordable. But it does muddy the waters when you combine the two.

You might have an issue with someone selling healthcare services in general and that’s a separate matter. But when it can be bought privately offline (which most forms of healthcare can be), it can happen online and actually when it’s online it can make it cheaper. It’s about how it’s done that’s important.

As an aside as it isn’t traditional healthcare but I bought the Posotive Birth Company’s hypnobirthing digital pack before the birth of my second. It was the single best £30 I’ve spent. It made the world of difference to my labour where traditional pain relief had completely failed for the birth of my first. I wanted to do a face to face course but we would moving house at the time meaning practically and financially it wasn’t possible. The digital pack made it possible for me.

Reactions: 5
I could be completely wrong but the cynical side of me thinks none of them are friends. Yes MOD delivered CT’s baby, but I reckon she asked her because it was a good PR move not because they’re besties.
I’m sure that true of the majority.

Reactions: 3
It's grim as so many appear to be having babies for instagram/YouTube as they know it helps get followers and ads.

If your motivation behind having a baby (even just party) is about getting followers and engagement what could be better than using the insta-famous midwife? It's all so grubby.

• Wow
Reactions: 19
I’m sure you’re right unfortunately and that is the most pathetic, desperate move I’ve seen from all of them. But again they have zero respect for their kids privacy so might as well profit from their birth as well 🤮

Reactions: 10
I was a Nanny 5 years ago when I first moved to London. As much as I was paid above minimum wage. I had no contract, paid in cash and no guaranteed hours. This is pretty common practice..

Reactions: 6
I’m sure you’re right unfortunately and that is the most pathetic, desperate move I’ve seen from all of them. But again they have zero respect for their kids privacy so might as well profit from their birth as well 🤮
It's the ready made insta baby, delivered and shared by a big account. So while in recovery they can refresh how many likes they get and start emailing brands about ads.

I'm being slightly hyperbolic, but I don't think it's that far away from the truth.

Reactions: 15
As I recall didn’t CT have another midwife who actually attended the labour and Clemmie turned up five minutes before the photo opportun... sorry the birth?

• Haha
Reactions: 40
I haven’t noticed her doing that much #ad #paidpartnership #freebie stuff. Admittedly I haven’t looked at her account much recently so I will look again and happy to be proven wrong.

I don’t see an issue in her selling her work online but I don’t know what the rules are for psychotherapists. I believe they aren’t as regulated as doctors for example but don’t have enough experience with psychotherapists.

My own experience is with another healthcare profession and they would be advised to keep their professional and personal online prescence separate. That’s not to say they can’t use it for work - they can and I think their governing body has quite purposefully not ruled it out as it is was a bit of an unknown entity before, not so much now as more in that profession are using things such as social media, Skype, e.t.c...for their work

I personally see no problem with Anna Mathur monetising her Instagram account providing it’s not going against her governing bodies code of conduct. After all, most psychotherapy is private in the UK and if anything, she is making it more affordable. But it does muddy the waters when you combine the two.

You might have an issue with someone selling healthcare services in general and that’s a separate matter. But when it can be bought privately offline (which most forms of healthcare can be), it can happen online and actually when it’s online it can make it cheaper. It’s about how it’s done that’s important.

As an aside as it isn’t traditional healthcare but I bought the Posotive Birth Company’s hypnobirthing digital pack before the birth of my second. It was the single best £30 I’ve spent. It made the world of difference to my labour where traditional pain relief had completely failed for the birth of my first. I wanted to do a face to face course but we would moving house at the time meaning practically and financially it wasn’t possible. The digital pack made it possible for me.

I have just looked at her account. I’ve only scrolled back as far as August and am sat here with wet hair midway through getting ready, but I couldn’t see a single post where she has stepped away from her work into traditional ‘influencer’ role. Her account is very much focussed on her psychotherapy which I see no issue with. Whether or not her regulator does is another matter and that’s who matters though!

Reactions: 4
I was also wondering this.

An issue a lot of host families are having at present though is that other host families, especially in London, will pay over £118/week which takes them into employer territory, yet they don’t then register as employers. Once you hit the £118 mark the au pair is entitled to employment benefits and is classed as an employee. They aren’t an au pair any more by definition and should be receiving the minimum wage, less a nominal amount for room and board. They also have to pay tax and NI when appropriate over this amount. Of course many want the money but without paying the tax out and can get that becuase many host families are breaking the law by not registering as employers as they don’t want the responsibilities!

Reactions: 5
It's grim as so many appear to be having babies for instagram/YouTube as they know it helps get followers and ads.

If your motivation behind having a baby (even just party) is about getting followers and engagement what could be better than using the insta-famous midwife? It's all so grubby.
People having babies just to gain followers on the Gram? That's insane.

Reactions: 7
Can we see a picture of the rug!
It’s absolutely REVOLTING. My children have destroyed what was initially cream and it’s a rank grey. We’re hiring a carpet cleaner to see if it will come up half decent but my OH is very pissed off with the whole thing 😂😂 wondering why I needed it

• Haha
Reactions: 11
It’s absolutely REVOLTING. My children have destroyed what was initially cream and it’s a rank grey. We’re hiring a carpet cleaner to see if it will come up half decent but my OH is very pissed off with the whole thing 😂😂 wondering why I needed it
Oh I’m gutted I’ve missed this whole thing! I’m so ashamed to say I was so excited when I met them at camp Bestival this summer. I was so in awe of them for how they’d managed to change their lives etc etc and now I’m like tit what a frigging tool I am!

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Oh I’m gutted I’ve missed this whole thing! I’m so ashamed to say I was so excited when I met them at camp Bestival this summer. I was so in awe of them for how they’d managed to change their lives etc etc and now I’m like tit what a frigging tool I am!
I’m ashamed to admit what a tool I was and how much debt I got into 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Sad
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.