MOD & FOD #15 Now we know Slymon really is a prick, because all he’s doing is taking the mick!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes it’s always been a bit sketchy for a NHS midwife to have an online presence I have friends in the NHS and they aren’t allowed to show uniform online and associate with any business or brand nevermind give out advice .surprised it took people so long to jump on her .

Reactions: 11
OMG are people seriously trying to compare the support for Ant, someone with 30+ years in the industry, with that of Clemmie bloody Hooper's so-called Instafriends? That's just silly.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I was just looking at FODS feed and saw a photo 12 weeks ago, MOD was heavily involved in comments. FOD was moaning about twin in his bed, and someone said ‘oh for god’s sake etc’ the comments went mental but in there was this
View attachment 58815View attachment 58816View attachment 58817View attachment 58818View attachment 58819
So it looks like she was reported to NMC and another board back then. I’d imagine at some point the blurred lines between her professional role and online presence will be one a problem.
The thing is, through traditional media you get medical professionals who make a name for themselves. Dr Christian is a prime example. But with that they have their standard indemnity, as well as additional insurance and they are so, so careful to seek advice on matters than could undermine their profession.

Social media is a new form of media used by people in a different way from how we’ve used media before. It’s all so new and MOD has fallen victim to that.

You get people like Anna Mathur who does it so well. She’s a psychotherapist but stays firmly in the psychotherapy role. I think by mixing midwifery and fashion/homes, MOD has muddied the waters and got into difficulties. It was only a matter of time, especially as some people will be out to get her because she is ‘famous’.

I can see how it has happened. It started off as the gas and air blog, she then got invited some places and offered some things and took them, then it got bigger and bigger, her husband got in on the act too and then they both got things. At some point her account became less midwifery and more generic influencer stuff and I think that’s where the tide has turned and things have become misaligned. Instead of a focus on midwifery with influencer stuff being a side show, it’s swapped round. Midwifery has become the side show, influencing has become the bigger part and with that has come more risk, ultimately leading to the situation where we are up to now. For most midwives, slagging off your mates online anonymously and making a comment which could be perceived as racist wouldn’t matter. No one would know who it was and no one would be interested in finding out. But MOD’s influencer status made her a target.

Reactions: 14
It’s hard for the average Joe follower to believe that a seemingly respected NHS midwife could be as duplicitous and avaricious like MoD has turned out to be.

Reactions: 6
I’m guessing there’s more to it than silliness. Either it’s much more serious than it looks or Telford is really snakey. I think there must have been a core group (original WhatsApp mamas) who were friends. With the moon club meets and before they were all influencers. Clemmies comments about MP were really very unpleasant. Not just bitchy. Not the kind of nastiness you could just brush off. So perhaps these friends are sticking together at the moment. Even if things move on, it would be normal to have a break from someone who’s been an utter witch.
I can see this up to a point, but how do you think the rush to align with Candice (ie the other person at the heart of the controversy) fits in?

Reactions: 1
I was just looking at FODS feed and saw a photo 12 weeks ago, MOD was heavily involved in comments. FOD was moaning about twin in his bed, and someone said ‘oh for god’s sake etc’ the comments went mental but in there was this
View attachment 58815View attachment 58816View attachment 58817View attachment 58818View attachment 58819
So it looks like she was reported to NMC and another board back then. I’d imagine at some point the blurred lines between her professional role and online presence will be one a problem.
Then she can write that book and blow the lid off the whole shady business.

oh and look who went up to a nice round number in the night even though he didn’t post and he’s been steady losing followers (over 300 a night) for days 🙄

View attachment 58826

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
Then she can write that book and blow the lid off the whole shady business.

oh and look who went up to a nice round number in the night even though he didn’t post and he’s been steady losing followers (over 300 a night) for days 🙄

View attachment 58826
If you take the binary and correspond it to letters it spells twit.

• Haha
I've also noticed that while mods account has dropped from following 3011 to under 2500 ,Fod still only follows 454....his hasn't unfollowed anyone this week.

Reactions: 2
The thing is, through traditional media you get medical professionals who make a name for themselves. Dr Christian is a prime example. But with that they have their standard indemnity, as well as additional insurance and they are so, so careful to seek advice on matters than could undermine their profession.

Social media is a new form of media used by people in a different way from how we’ve used media before. It’s all so new and MOD has fallen victim to that.

You get people like Anna Mathur who does it so well. She’s a psychotherapist but stays firmly in the psychotherapy role. I think by mixing midwifery and fashion/homes, MOD has muddied the waters and got into difficulties. It was only a matter of time, especially as some people will be out to get her because she is ‘famous’.

I can see how it has happened. It started off as the gas and air blog, she then got invited some places and offered some things and took them, then it got bigger and bigger, her husband got in on the act too and then they both got things. At some point her account became less midwifery and more generic influencer stuff and I think that’s where the tide has turned and things have become misaligned. Instead of a focus on midwifery with influencer stuff being a side show, it’s swapped round. Midwifery has become the side show, influencing has become the bigger part and with that has come more risk, ultimately leading to the situation where we are up to now. For most midwives, slagging off your mates online anonymously and making a comment which could be perceived as racist wouldn’t matter. No one would know who it was and no one would be interested in finding out. But MOD’s influencer status made her a target.
No i don't agree that anna mathur does it so well! She's going the exact same way as mod. She commodotises her work and sells it on Insta and it just should not happen. It's taking advantage of vulnerable women who want to be in the clique and therefore purchase the wares. She's done her own fair share of freebies/ events/untagged gifts and ads. Hcpc rules state that you should be very careful with your online presence. Insta is essentially an mlm scheme and no health professional should be selling their work on there. It's unethical and the potential for abuse is enormous. Insta is not the place for paid medical services.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Been watching “I’m a celebrity” and wondering why Ant can get found guilty of drunk driving and crashing into a car with a child in it and everyone stand by him. Yet MOD acts a bit bitchy behind her mates’ back and all her friends unfollow and disown her?
Because one is an alcoholic and didn’t mean to do it whereas the other one purposely set up an account and trolled her so called mates for months and months whilst slagging off this site, standing in solidarity with people who have been trolled all the while being a ‘troll’ ( not that I excuse drunk driving)

Nearly did it and was tempted for many months 👍 only the knowledge it would look like a crappy rag after a while in our house stopped me x

Reactions: 9
Did anyone see the comment by someone related to a young nanny, saying that FOMOD had destroyed her life 2 years ago? What is that about?

Reactions: 7
I am a longtime lurker and first time poster. A few years ago I heard (via a very well placed source - a girl I went to school with who is friends with my sister) that another girl I know of from school employed MOD’s former nanny, a young, sweet Spanish girl, who MOD had not paid minimum wage or given a contract. The nanny wanted more hours and agreed this with MOD, who wrote her a reference. When the nanny got a new job with the girl I know from school, who is in a top PR job so knows her employment law, she asked the nanny what her notice period with MOD was and when she found out she didn’t have a contract and wasn’t even being paid minimum wage she suggested that she start immediately. Apparently MOD went nuts and called her up to retract the positive reference she’d given the nanny. And she told MOD to piss off. I believe this is what triggered MOD’s vitriolic outburst in her IG stories about the nanny and this other person (the father of twins) defending her.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
Re Mother Pukka I think the saddest thing for me is the way that she stuck up for MOD last time. I remember her posting on IG that she was a good person, she helped her through her miscarriages etc, and then she finds this out? That must have really hurt

Reactions: 21
I can see this up to a point, but how do you think the rush to align with Candice (ie the other person at the heart of the controversy) fits in?
Maybe Clemmie Telford etc have all actually spent quite a bit of time with her and consider her a friend. I do think that due to MODs much larger following than Candice and the media attention sending people over to Tattle the Jodie Marsh programme was given so much more attention than expected. I guess we’ll never know though!

Reactions: 6
Been watching “I’m a celebrity” and wondering why Ant can get found guilty of drunk driving and crashing into a car with a child in it and everyone stand by him. Yet MOD acts a bit bitchy behind her mates’ back and all her friends unfollow and disown her?
It’s the friends she keeps (kept)

Reactions: 2
While I'm in the camp of finding the fact that Ant is back on TV ridiculous and he shouldn't have been allowed back because drink driving is disgraceful, comparing him to clemmie isnt the same.

Clemmie isnt a celebrity for starters, most people had probably never even heard of her if this hadn't been plastered all over the media. Some perspective needs to be gained, shes just a person with a lot of followers who does ads and podcasts. She doesn't have the popularity rating for this to all go away, its evident people have been waiting for years for her to fall down. In the circles she runs in all they care about is followers, where the next ad is coming from and protecting their own reputations. There's nothing genuine about them so they're not going to stick by a friend if it puts them in a bad light.

Reactions: 16
The nanny story proves what a complete and utter cowbag Clemmie is ... I really hope the nanny is doing ok now .

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.