Miscarriage/Baby Loss

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I would phone the GP if it’s still not arrived after 3
months, mine took around 8 weeks to return after a mc at 12 weeks but the hospital wanted to rescan me to make sure I had passed everything, I was still testing positive after 6 weeks though which felt very cruel.
I agree and would ring GP. We were 16 weeks when we miscarried. I had retained tissue after first d&c so defo work checking for that! But after that was sorted my period came bang on 4 weeks later. I defo think with these things if you feel something isn’t right, you know your own body it’s worth getting things checked out.

Reactions: 1
I agree and would ring GP. We were 16 weeks when we miscarried. I had retained tissue after first d&c so defo work checking for that! But after that was sorted my period came bang on 4 weeks later. I defo think with these things if you feel something isn’t right, you know your own body it’s worth getting things checked out.
Thank you, if you don't mind me asking how did they sort out the retained tissue?

Does anyone else feel like they’ll just never be happy again after their MC. I’m taking this one very badly… it’s a month today since mine began and I just feel like my mood is getting worse and worse… I already have a 2 year old so I’m pre occupied during the day but once he’s in bed I just cry and think all about things and I honestly just feel super depressed. I know it’s just probably grief but I just feel so low and sad all the time ☹

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Does anyone else feel like they’ll just never be happy again after their MC. I’m taking this one very badly… it’s a month today since mine began and I just feel like my mood is getting worse and worse… I already have a 2 year old so I’m pre occupied during the day but once he’s in bed I just cry and think all about things and I honestly just feel super depressed. I know it’s just probably grief but I just feel so low and sad all the time ☹
Bless you ❤ These are normal emotions to be feeling.. I am 5 months post my 2nd miscarriage and I must say, the first 3 months my mood was very low. I cried all the time and just felt so sad and kept thinking of the ‘should be’s’ and that i will never have a baby.. but now 5 months on I am mentally in a much better place. It’s just like any loss, the grief doesn’t go away but you grow around and it softens a little bit. We are here for you ❤ I found that writing down what was on my mind and almost writing a timeline of my pregnancy helped because I found myself going over and over in my head the same story of what happened.. perhaps you could fry that when you feel ready?

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I'm so sorry for your loss. My emotions were all over the place in the few weeks after mine, I think it was the hormones as well as the obvious emotional upset, trauma and grief. A few months later I'm still having the odd day or moment where the grief hits me again and feel so sad. Overall I've been able to carry on with life and I'm as OK as I can be, but it's always there. It's changed me as well. This was my first pregnancy and I worry about the future and what happens if I never have children.

Your feelings are valid but please reach out to your GP if you need to! You deserve support and help. I can't imagine going through this while caring for a toddler as well. Are there people in your life who know what happened and you feel able to talk to? I've got a few friends who 'get it' because of their own experiences but generally people don't seem to talk to me about it any more or ask.

Sending so much love ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 2
So sorry to hear you’re feeling like this 😢 as others have said, it never really goes away and it does change you. But you learn to cope and you will be happy again. There’ll never be a day that goes by that you won’t think about about it and there’ll still be days when you cry but you will get stronger xx

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Please be kind to yourself. Grief is a very personal journey. Maybe contact the charity Sands? They have a helpline number 0808 164 3332. Please remember that you’re allowed to feel these emotions. Acknowledging them actually helps in processing how you feel.

• Heart
Thanks for all your lovely messages everyone ❤ sometimes it does really hit harder than other days and last night was one of them. I went to bed early and had a good nights sleep for once so I feel a bit better this morning

I get what you mean about the people not asking or talking about it @Tom_Nook sometimes I feel like people have forgotten or don’t care cos they just don’t mention it at all, even my partner sometimes but he said it’s probably cos people don’t want to upset me but I wouldn’t mind the odd person asking how I’m getting on cos it feels like they remember what happened

Thanks for all your lovely messages everyone ❤ sometimes it does really hit harder than other days and last night was one of them. I went to bed early and had a good nights sleep for once so I feel a bit better this morning

I get what you mean about the people not asking or talking about it @Tom_Nook sometimes I feel like people have forgotten or don’t care cos they just don’t mention it at all, even my partner sometimes but he said it’s probably cos people don’t want to upset me but I wouldn’t mind the odd person asking how I’m getting on cos it feels like they remember what happened
So glad that a good night's sleep helped. That's exactly it, people don't want to upset you but (for me anyway!) It's always on your mind and nothing anyone says can make it hurt any more than it already does.

Update on my previous post about my period. It's finally here after 73 days!

• Heart
Thank you, if you don't mind me asking how did they sort out the retained tissue?
Sorry for the late reply. I had to have a 2nd D&C. The night before the 2nd D&C I lost clots and some tissue and I thought I would be ok and that was it clearing out, but unfortunately there was tissue stuck to my womb. They managed to remove that, no damage was done and thing all went back to nornal really quick after xxx

• Heart
Sad to be back here. I had a MC/chemical at work on Wednesday with no idea I was pregnant this time. I had been on the pill back to back for two packets to stop my periods for a while due to my endometriosis severely flaring up after my traumatic miscarriage in February. I hadn’t been very good at taking the pill as we have been trying for a baby since Jan 21, I often missed them or took them at different times in the day. Fortunately this one wasn’t anywhere near as traumatic or distressing as my first, I don’t know how far along I was, I am guessing about 5 weeks from what I passed but they think it stopped developing a while before (like my MMC before) due to my low HCG. We would have been so so happy to find out that we were expecting again, and to find out randomly a little while in too. We are emigrating to Australia before the end of the year so I fortunately have that to focus on, I’m just trying to get on with it this time but my heart still hurts. I feel weirdly embarrassed I had to tell my boss too because I had to leave suddenly to go to A and E, I’ve only been at my job since March (I had to leave nursing after my Feb MC because I was in such a bad place i have had no capacity to care for other people). I don’t even have any friends since what happened in Feb for various reasons, and I don’t really have any family so I don’t really have anyone to talk to about it aside from my husband

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 5
Sad to be back here. I had a MC/chemical at work on Wednesday with no idea I was pregnant this time. I had been on the pill back to back for two packets to stop my periods for a while due to my endometriosis severely flaring up after my traumatic miscarriage in February. I hadn’t been very good at taking the pill as we have been trying for a baby since Jan 21, I often missed them or took them at different times in the day. Fortunately this one wasn’t anywhere near as traumatic or distressing as my first, I don’t know how far along I was, I am guessing about 5 weeks from what I passed but they think it stopped developing a while before (like my MMC before) due to my low HCG. We would have been so so happy to find out that we were expecting again, and to find out randomly a little while in too. We are emigrating to Australia before the end of the year so I fortunately have that to focus on, I’m just trying to get on with it this time but my heart still hurts. I feel weirdly embarrassed I had to tell my boss too because I had to leave suddenly to go to A and E, I’ve only been at my job since March (I had to leave nursing after my Feb MC because I was in such a bad place i have had no capacity to care for other people). I don’t even have any friends since what happened in Feb for various reasons, and I don’t really have any family so I don’t really have anyone to talk to about it aside from my husband
oh im so sorry you have been through that again. It is so lonely after a miscarriage. I hope you are ok as can be and we are here if you need a chat 🤍

First time posting here - not sure where else to ask at the minute so I hope you don’t mind.
I had an early scan Monday 8 weeks 5 days and everything was ok, saw heartbeat so that was reassuring. However, for the last 48 hours I’ve had consistent brown spotting every time I’ve gone to the toilet (sorry for the TMI) 😞 and have been having cramps come and go most of the day - they’re in my back, my sides and my stomach which have been quite painful at times. Deep down I know it’s the start of a miscarriage but I wanted to ask if anyone else’s had started like this? Sorry if this is not the right place for posting but just not sure where else to go! X

First time posting here - not sure where else to ask at the minute so I hope you don’t mind.
I had an early scan Monday 8 weeks 5 days and everything was ok, saw heartbeat so that was reassuring. However, for the last 48 hours I’ve had consistent brown spotting every time I’ve gone to the toilet (sorry for the TMI) 😞 and have been having cramps come and go most of the day - they’re in my back, my sides and my stomach which have been quite painful at times. Deep down I know it’s the start of a miscarriage but I wanted to ask if anyone else’s had started like this? Sorry if this is not the right place for posting but just not sure where else to go! X
Sorry that you're going through this. The not knowing and the waiting is horrible. I hope you've been able to speak to a medical professional for some advice?

With the spotting and cramps I would try to get checked out and at least for your peace of mind above all. Maybe contact your EPU, midwife or GP and see if they can help. I don’t want to give you false hope as miscarriages can start from brown spotting too, however mine started from pink spotting to then red. In both of my healthy pregnancies I have had brown spotting around the 6-8 week mark. Hope you manage to get seen and fingers crossed everything is ok 🤞🏻

i’m sorry you’re going through this 🤍 the not knowing what is happening is the worst. I personally didn’t have brown spotting I had pink spotting that went very red very quick. Please ring your EPU and let them know what is happening. Fingers crossed everything is ok 🤞🏻

Hello! I had a loss at 12 weeks in May and have been ttc ever since. I monitor ovulation each month but so far (this is my 3rd cycle since loss) I have zero ovulation. My gp isn't concerned and says it's my body still not back to normal. But it's incredibly saddening and frustrating because we want to try again. Has this ever happened anyone else?

Hello! I had a loss at 12 weeks in May and have been ttc ever since. I monitor ovulation each month but so far (this is my 3rd cycle since loss) I have zero ovulation. My gp isn't concerned and says it's my body still not back to normal. But it's incredibly saddening and frustrating because we want to try again. Has this ever happened anyone else?
Hi, yes very very similar. Miscarriage in May, no signs of ovulating and then conceived again in the November

• Heart
I am so so sorry for your loss 💕 I had an MVA after a MMC in October at 10 weeks, didn’t get my period back until December, the Jan & Feb cycles were a mess, I wasn’t back to “normal” until March. Had an early miscarriage in May, then pregnant again in June…..so I think it can take a while unfortunately.

• Heart