Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

JLXRD

VIP Member
Hi all,

I have been on the TTC thread for a few months and have recently had an early loss. I have discussed my experience on the TTC thread but I’m conscious that I don’t feel it’s the right place to process my grief amongst others good news and 2WWs, and I don’t know if I’m ready to try again straight away.

I’m currently at the beginning of miscarrying, I knew it was coming. I’m feeling so lost today.

I know there are many of us on here who will have had a miscarriage at various stages and I suppose I just wanted a place to share those stories and feelings.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 31
Just coming on to say that I’ve just had a second miscarriage :(
Feeling overwhelmed by bombardment of scan pics and babies on Instagram/Facebook.
Praying that one day it will be my turn.
Don’t need comments, but would appreciate some hearts ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 26

JLXRD

VIP Member
Woken up just feeling angry at the world today. I know the odds are 1 in 4 but I don’t want to be 1 in 4. I want to be 3 in 4.

1 in 4 is high but it still is a minority, it was less likely that this would happen but it did and I just don’t understand what I have done to deserve this. I wanted this baby so much. And I know it doesn’t matter how much I wanted it or what I did and that it was so early that the problem was likely just that the baby didn’t have the right chromosomes or something but I just wish I knew why this had to happen.

People get pregnant by accident and go on to have several healthy babies, it all just seems so horribly unfair this morning. We were trying. I was wishing for this baby. But it didn’t make any difference.

• Heart
Reactions: 25

Marymoo13

To each and every person on this thread;

Each of us have been through a horrible heartache, some of us have learned how we carry on, some of us haven’t yet, and that’s alright. Because we are all strong. Even when we feel that we aren’t. Even when we feel like there’s only one tiny piece of thread holding us together. Even when we explode into sadness and anger. We are still strong.
Some of us will feel healed enough to continue after a few weeks, some of us it will take months, and for some of us it takes much longer. But that’s okay because we will all heal eventually, even though at times it feels impossible, we will heal.

In 2019, almost a year after my miscarriage I attempted to take my own life. I tidied the house, I left apology notes, and I called my other half at work when I knew he wouldn’t get home in time.
Thankfully, unknown to me he had left work early and was already nearly home. He got home in time (barely) and an ambulance arrived shortly after him. I have no memory from him arriving home until two days later when I woke up in intensive care. And even though I had been in so much pain, in so much crisis that I had did what I did, the first emotion I felt was relief that I was still alive and that I had failed. And then I felt horrible, horrible about the pain I had caused the people who love me, the people I though would be better off without me and that wouldn’t care.
I was lucky. Lucky that my partner left work early that day. Lucky that I live so close to the hospital. Lucky that they saved my life. Not everybody is as lucky as me.
I’ll be honest, I’ve had bad days, even bad weeks since that day. But thankfully I’ve never felt as low as I did that day in 2019. And as utterly redundant as it is to say: things do get better. And if someone had told me that back then i wouldn’t have believed them, it wouldn’t have made a difference to me. But now, now that I’m on the other side of my lowest, hardest pain, I see that things do get better. Honestly, they do.

so to everybody on this thread; please go easy on yourself, please talk about how you are feeling, and please please please don’t make the mistake I did. You might not be as lucky.

• Heart
Reactions: 22

loveulongtime0

Chatty Member
In the hospital currently, I’ve just had a D&C. As I was in theatre waiting for them to put me under, outside of the window opposite me was a rainbow. Everytime I think about it I cry. I don’t usually believe in ‘signs’ but I truly feel that was one from my baby. I’m so heartbroken.

• Heart
Reactions: 16

Elltee

Hey everyone, coming over here from the pregnancy thread. I had some really light spotting yesterday morning so I was sent to the EPU and I sat there in the waiting room for 3 hours cramping like crazy. Was told I had to have an internal scan and when I took off my bottoms I was absolutely pouring with blood and clotting. I had to be examined like that too. It was traumatising. I've never experienced anything like that in my life. I'm absolutely devastated. I feel numb today. They did my hcg and it was 107 at 4w5d which is low. Ive got to get more tomorrow to see if they've doubled but im not feeling hopeful. They can't rule out a ectopic yet because they couldn't see anything on my scan because it's so early. Weve been trying for 2 years and finally got pregnant. I feel angry at the world today. I can't believe it. Life is so unfair. 😣 xx

• Heart
Reactions: 15

PrincessShark

Chatty Member
Hi everyone.

I had a positive pregnancy test in November. Last night I wasn’t feeling great and went to bed early, woke up at 10pm and instantly knew something was wrong. I passed my pregnancy and I am heartbroken. I haven’t stopped crying since, obviously it’s very very raw. I was 7+4.

I don’t know how I’m going to face going to work on Monday (I’m a midwife), yesterday I was helping welcome a beautiful baby to their family and now I don’t even have my own.

This emptiness is horrible.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 15

strawberrypineapple

I found this thread a day or two ago when I first found out and I would just like a place to share my feelings.
After a year of trying with 1 CP the month before, a few days before starting fertility treatment, I fell pregnant. We announced to my in laws at Christmas and it was such a happy moment. We had a private scan at 7 weeks and everything was perfect.
Myself and my MIL started buying winter baby things in the sale whenever we found anything. I had told everyone close to me because as a nurse I was having to tell everyone at work because I couldn’t go near covid or other infections, so I got used to telling people. We even (very stupidly) had the nursery decorated, because I am in the process of finishing my house and the next availability my decorator had for it was late June and I didn’t want to be unorganised or have the baby come early and it not be ready- my friend with 2 LC convinced me I needed to stop feeling so anxious and start enjoying my pregnancy as it can happen at any time and she was worried I was ruining it for myself. This was finished Saturday morning and is something I think I will always regret. I thought I was in the clear because I got to 11 weeks, had a scan booked 4 days later and felt pregnant. And surely if something was happening I would know, right?

I started spotting on Saturday afternoon at 11W but the early pregnancy unit said they weren’t concerned unless it became very heavy or very painful. I wasn’t happy with this and booked a private scan in another town for the next day. There we were told our baby measured under 8 weeks and there was no heartbeat. I have been to the hospital to have it confirmed under NHS guidelines and I am TERRIFIED of passing it and seeing it. Every time I need a wee or feel a pain I feel like I can’t breath and the bleeding is getting worse.

I said I wanted to think about my options and went home. I want the hospital to sort it under general anaesthesia but because of covid it will take days to go ahead and I’m terrified it will happen naturally before then. I just don’t want to deal with it, I don’t want to see it or feel it. My baby that I had plans for, that has a room and clothes, that I yearned for so much and carried for 3 months has died and now has to come back out.

To make things worse, a very close friend that was convinced she had fertility issues after 3 months of being back with her on off boyfriend and not taking her pill is a week ahead of me in her pregnancy. When she gets to announce on social media this week, has her baby shower, begins maternity leave, all her milestones should be mine. Not just yearning failed TTC cycles this time, they really should be mine.

I’m not really sure what the point in this post is I just wanted to get it out, to people that understand. Love to you all.

I found this thread a day or two ago when I first found out and I would just like a place to share my feelings.
After a year of trying with 1 CP the month before, a few days before starting fertility treatment, I fell pregnant. We announced to my in laws at Christmas and it was such a happy moment. We had a private scan at 7 weeks and everything was perfect.
Myself and my MIL started buying winter baby things in the sale whenever we found anything. I had told everyone close to me because as a nurse I was having to tell everyone at work because I couldn’t go near covid or other infections, so I got used to telling people. We even (very stupidly) had the nursery decorated, because I am in the process of finishing my house and the next availability my decorator had for it was late June and I didn’t want to be unorganised or have the baby come early and it not be ready- my friend with 2 LC convinced me I needed to stop feeling so anxious and start enjoying my pregnancy as it can happen at any time and she was worried I was ruining it for myself. This was finished Saturday morning and is something I think I will always regret. I thought I was in the clear because I got to 11 weeks, had a scan booked 4 days later and felt pregnant. And surely if something was happening I would know, right?

I started spotting on Saturday afternoon at 11W but the early pregnancy unit said they weren’t concerned unless it became very heavy or very painful. I wasn’t happy with this and booked a private scan in another town for the next day. There we were told our baby measured under 8 weeks and there was no heartbeat. I have been to the hospital to have it confirmed under NHS guidelines and I am TERRIFIED of passing it and seeing it. Every time I need a wee or feel a pain I feel like I can’t breath and the bleeding is getting worse.

I said I wanted to think about my options and went home. I want the hospital to sort it under general anaesthesia but because of covid it will take days to go ahead and I’m terrified it will happen naturally before then. I just don’t want to deal with it, I don’t want to see it or feel it. My baby that I had plans for, that has a room and clothes, that I yearned for so much and carried for 3 months has died and now has to come back out.

To make things worse, a very close friend that was convinced she had fertility issues after 3 months of being back with her on off boyfriend and not taking her pill is a week ahead of me in her pregnancy. When she gets to announce on social media this week, has her baby shower, begins maternity leave, all her milestones should be mine. Not just yearning failed TTC cycles this time, they really should be mine.

I’m not really sure what the point in this post is I just wanted to get it out, to people that understand. Love to you all.
I’m really sorry guys I tried to put a spoiler to cover up most of this but for some reason it didn’t work and it won’t let me edit or delete it.

I’m really sorry guys I tried to put a spoiler to cover up most of this but for some reason it didn’t work and it won’t let me edit or delete it.
Admin please can you delete this if it is offensive/against the rules as I didn’t mean for it to be open like this and I don’t want to cause upset to anybody.

• Heart
Reactions: 14

threeSMEGfridges

VIP Member
Anyone become way more judgy about (how can I put it nicely) shit parents?

on the bus; stereotypical chav mum with 2 kids already that she was swearing at and feeding sausage rolls, rolling a cigarette and drinking energy drink whilst about 7/8 months pregnant; telling her mate loudly how she was on the loo for 30 mins yesterday and she didn’t know if she was going to do a shit or go into labour.

I just think the worst people manage to pop kids out really easily and I just want one and I can’t even keep that pregnancy going.

life is shit unfair

• Heart

ShadesMint

I'm so glad this thread exists. I had miscarriage at 9 weeks in November, first pregnancy, it was a much wanted baby and we'd only just found out when i began bleeding. Went for scan after bleeding for 4 days, scan normal, told nothing to worry about and everything looks healthy. Saw the heartbeat. They congratulated us and off we went. I miscarried 24 hours later.
I struggled to make sense of it at first, how can something that meant so much suddenly be gone? Just like that? It's unbearably cruel. I just wanted to know why. Was it something I did? Or didn't do? I got told 'these things happen' but that answer just didn't seem good enough when talking about a life.

My friend is pregnant as well, she found out just after me, we would have been due within a month of each other which is devastating tbh. (She doesn't know)
I'm still actively ttc but finding it really difficult to be hopeful when we seem to be struggling. It took us so long before we conceived the first time.
Sending positive vibes to all 💓

• Heart

JLXRD

VIP Member
What a thoughtful idea. Miscarriages take time to mental and emotionally process and I’ve found that most friends and family struggle with what to say or say the wrong thing.

I’ve had a couple of friends recently imply to me that now that I’ve had a baby that my miscarriage can be forgotten but I’m staggered that they’d be so insensitive
That’s really insensitive 😞 I know it’s hard to know what to say but surely that is obviously not true?

The only sentiment I’ve heard along those lines which I’ve liked was when people have gone on to conceive shortly after their miscarriage and had a successful pregnancy, they are then more accepting of their pain because without it, their current child wouldn’t exist. I can understand that.

Some flowers have just arrived at my door from a lovely friend of mine (the only friend I had told) which has made me smile a bit after such an awful couple of days 🌸❤

• Heart

fishsticks

TW - pregnancy after loss,

Pregnancy after loss is exhausting. It's severe anxiety ever single day. It's panicking about seeing red when you wipe or whether your symptoms have disapeared. It's doctors not listening to you and understanding your anxiety. It's being told to relax, "at least you're pregnant." It's taking pregnancy tests every day just in case...

I'm obviously feeling very very lucky that I've got pregnant again and I'm now 9 weeks, hopefully things are progressing in the right way, but people around me are making me feel guilty for feeling anxious, emotional and cautious. There is no support at all where I am by doctors, etc. My first midwifes appt is tomorrow and I've booked an early scan for Sunday becaus I can't cope with the feeling that something is wrong for any longer. If something is wrong I just want to know.. I really feel like one scan at 12 weeks is far too late. Maybe if I hadn't had two losses I wouldn't feel like this. It certainly has heightened my anxiety and ruined my experience of being pregnant for the first trimester at least. I've not enjoyed the past 5 or so weeks when I always thought I'd be elated, happy, excited. Instead, it's terrifying and exhausting. It's draining and I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

• Heart
Reactions: 13

nurseren

VIP Member
Hello. I use to be smallpotato, and now I’m nurseren. My daughter was born sleeping at 24 weeks, and that was 6 weeks ago. She had a hole in her heart and a really rare chromosome disorder, and after I had a big bleed, she passed away.

I take each day as it comes. Some days I’m okay. Today I was not. I have a 4 yr old, and I walk him to school everyday. Everyday I see a mum who was on the page of our local newspaper as her baby stopped breathing and she had to wait for 999. Everyday she smokes over this baby and shouts at her 4yr old. I don’t know whether it’s anger, envy, jealously… but today I snapped. I came home and sobbed so much that I ended up sleeping the day away.

Most days I want to die. I truly believe that I have no place on this earth anymore. My husband can find someone better, plus I have medical conditions so my life is insured. He would be okay. The only reason I haven’t killed myself is because of my son. He is giving me the purpose to live.

Im having lots of therapy due to the trauma of this pregnancy. Each week I was told whether she was going to live or die, or whether I needed intervention. In the end, she decided herself.

I do OPK everyday to track my cycle. My period was last week and it was so bad that I ruined so many pairs of underwear and leggings. Im not ovulating yet. If you asked me a few weeks ago if I wanted another baby I would have said yes. Now I’m not sure I can go through the trauma of pregnancy again, and I’m not sure I’m a good mum for a baby.

I’m sorry to post this. Other than therapy, I have no other place.

I’ve had so much trauma this year. I’ve worked in covid ICU since 2020. My brother in law was arrested for a really serious crime. I broke my leg. Then my daughter died.

• Heart
  • Sad

JLXRD

VIP Member
My husband keeps saying the ‘at least now we know we can get pregnant’ and I understand why he thinks that, because TTC is such a worrying time, but the idea of getting pregnant again feels like a betrayal to me right now. I feel like I can’t consider trying to get pregnant again because I haven’t had enough to grieve this loss.

I have watched a few videos and in one, the lady described it as even though she hadn’t been pregnant long like me, her life and how she pictured her future had already changed, her heart had already grown and made space for the new person. And that’s how I feel, now when all the things I had imagined doing this year and being pregnant for happen… and this baby I’ve imagined isn’t there growing, it’s just devastating. It’s stupid things like thinking about Christmas Day this year with a little bump, and now there won’t be. I am so scared for all these moments to happen now and the sadness they are going to bring.

Last edited:
  • Heart

frostsquirrel23

TW - ectopic pregnancy, fainting, laparoscopic surgery severe blood loss, mental health/feelings of suicide

Day 3 of recovery from my ectopic pregnancy and I’ve just started to process bits of what’s actually happened :( I just need somewhere to write it all out to help me accept what has happened and try to get through this. I don’t expect anyone to read it all as it’s so long but there’s a TLDR if you wanted to hear my story x

I went into A&E on Tuesday night 7 weeks pregnant with my first, unplanned pregnancy after experiencing heavy vaginal bleeding and cramping after just having a shower. My partner rushed me to our nearest A&E department and I remember also feeling nauseous and dizzy but put this down to first trimester and stress. My urine came back with high hCG levels and a bit of bacteria which was a suspected UTI. I had my bloods taken but no results given and then a physical/internal examination. My tummy seemed fine and through the speculum, the gynaecologist saw my cervix was closed and no other signs of bleeding which were all good signs. They simply referred me to an early scan on Thursday morning to rule out other possible complications or signs of an imminent miscarriage and then prescribed antibiotics for the suspected UTI.

I just remember my boyfriend feeling so positive and excited for the early scan whereas I just had that gut feeling something wasn’t right!

Fast forward to Thursday morning, after going to to the toilet normally straight after getting up at 8am I felt awful. Awful as in, I think I’m dying. My stomach was in the mist horrendous pain ever, like level 100000 period pains. I felt nauseous which led me to rush to get up thinking I should run to the toilet to be sick but it was actually because I was so faint and I passed out only for a few seconds before going back on the bed in the fetal position which was the only way I could like i wasn’t dying. I couldn’t sit up or move without feeling super light headed and sick, my boyfriend was in bed with me and woke up and saw how I was, thinking I was just feeling anxious for the day ahead (early scan and a job interview). All I could think of was I had might have a kidney infection from the UTI. I didn’t even consider it was anything wrong with the baby or connected to my earlier symptoms. Me thinking 999 was a stretch, he rang 111 and I managed to talk through my symptoms with them through short breaths. I was advised to be in A&E within the hour and they sent me an ambulance after assessing I clearly wouldn’t be physically able to sit up and travel in a car.

The paramedics came and suspected it was an ectopic pregnancy. My blood pressure was 60 systolic and I fainted again lying down, meaning a 4 man crew was called for back up to help get me down and onto the stretcher. I had 750 ml of saline but struggled so much to stay with it all. My boyfriend wasn’t allowed with me due to covid restrictions and I remember just feeling so scared. I knew what an ectopic pregnancy meant and they explained what would happen if that’s what it was but I was so unprepared for what was to come.

I arrived in resus with a team of 10-20 waiting for me and that’s the first moment it really hit me just how real and life changing this all would be. My blood pressure was still ridiculously low and I fainted again, which was their initial focus to continue trying to stabilise me. I remember this time being out cold for a few minutes and just not wanting to wake up. One of them got me to come around and all I can vividly remember was the gynaecologist coming in to feel my tummy and the pressure was so intense I couldn’t breathe or think. Either before or after they did an ultrasound scan and all I heard was there was too much fluids and the word “theatre”. Fortunately the gynaecologist explained again that the pregnancy was not viable it was very likely an ectopic pregnancy and I would need surgery to find and remove this. I understood and heard everything but didn’t have time to process anything.

This was my first unplanned surgery and I felt even more scared. I didn’t know if I would make it through even though I was in great hands, I just couldn’t imagine waking up and how I would even feel.

They performed a laparoscopy (keyhole surgery) and removed the ectopic pregnancy as well as my left Fallopian tube which had completely ruptured, causing me to lose 3 units of blood internally. I had to have 6 units of blood transfused altogether, two in resus and 4 in surgery.

I woke up around 3pm in recovery and the first thing I remember was crying before even coming around and opening my eyes. My first thoughts were I feel so alone and I need my boyfriend and my immediate family. Again the nurses were amazing but at this point I just felt numb to everything so it felt okay to focus on everything one step at a time. My temperature was really low and then suddenly high, stabilising around 37.8-38 for the remainder of the evening. They wanted to move me onto a gynaecology ward but the anaesthetist was concerned of my high temperature and heart rate so I was kept under close observation for the next few hours. My pain was well managed and I had my phone to ring my boyfriend and explain everything to him in the busy recovery room. He didn’t even realise I’d been in surgery and was equally shocked and scared. He did the hard job of telling our immediate family, who didn’t even initially know I was pregnant. I couldn’t even face talking to anyone at this point. But everyone said how proud they were of me and how strong I was, which at this point I felt exactly the same toward myself.

I was ready by late evening to move to the ward but there wasn’t any beds available for me at that point so I stayed in the recovery unit. That night I couldn’t sleep comfortably and managed maybe 3 hours of broken sleep. I woke up feeling scared but managed to handle my emotions and start thinking positively again.

My room was available in the gynaecology ward and I was ready to move in the morning after my bloods came back all good. I was there by around 11am and fortunately my boyfriend was allowed to come and visit me from this point. I was told I should be ready to leave on Friday but I wasn’t emotionally prepared at all for what the next steps of recovery would be.

I was taken off everything besides my painkillers and I just felt so alone and scared now I was needed under less care. I knew it was a good sign but it must’ve given me time for everything to hit me. Getting up and moving about was so so hard and was the first time I really felt like I couldn’t handle the pain or recovery anymore. My boyfriend being there helped so much but talking through our plans for the next two weeks of my recovery made it all feel real and terrified me. When he left for me to settle and sleep I just couldn’t stop crying for a good few hours, which just made the pain worse. I couldn’t stop my overthinking and just spiralled out like I always used to with my mental health. It all crashed down on me and I felt like I just couldn’t keep going and I wanted to die in that moment. What had I done to deserve this and how could I ever move forward? I think the aspect of a tough physical recovery really made me doubt how much I couldn’t handle as well.

The nurse settled me down after administering my painkillers but it took a good while and I just felt SO selfish. Everyone was helping me in so many ways, so many people worked so hard to save my life and I couldn’t even keep away my bad thoughts and focus on my physical recovery. I’ve just managed a few hours of broken sleep after the pain slowed down but it was just so uncomfortable.

I feel calmer but I know it’s all going to hit me again very soon. I know there likely will be a referral to talking therapy and a lot of charities and other support available but my mental health has already faced so much trauma already. I thought my pregnancy would finally give me purpose and my baby would be my future… what does my future hold now after recovery? I also left my job the day before everything happened, with interviews scheduled on the day and I can’t even think of going back to work anytime soon. But I know I won’t have any other option financially once I’m better! One of the surgeons explained I would still be able to get pregnant just as easily with one tube but I’d have an increased risk of an ectopic pregnancy, I could never dream of getting pregnant again with even the slightest risk of going through such a traumatic experience. One step at a time is all I can do but I just can’t help but still feel selfishly alone and like it’s all impossible with no light at the end.

TLDR: 7 weeks pregnant and went into A&E with heavy vaginal bleeding and cramps on Tuesday night, sent home a few hours later as everything seemed fine but referred to early scan Thursday morning. Thursday morning woke up with terrifying adnominal pain, fainting and unable to even move. Ambulance was sent after calling 111 and it was a suspected ectopic pregnancy. Fainted 4 times altogether the worst being in resus where I struggled to listen to the medical team to wake up and face what was happening. Ended up in theatre after 3 hours of the initial pain at home, where they performed laparoscopic surgery. Removed ectopic pregnancy and a ruptured Fallopian tube as well as 3 units of internal bleeding. Was transfused 6 units of blood total and I was mostly stable afterwards. Took me until Friday morning before a bed was available in gynaecology ward where I struggled the most with both aspects of recovery. Physical pain was unbearable and emotionally I couldn’t process much. One step at a time but I’m still so scared for what my future holds. I have no job and no baby now, I feel really alone and that there’s no way out of it all.
~
Honestly, how are you supposed to process everything that comes with an ectopic pregnancy? I have untreated but diagnosed PTSD and reading through what happened again feels like my previous trauma does; all too horrible to be true and so out of body, like it didn’t happen to me 😔

• Heart

flutternutter

VIP Member
This feels a little weird posting here but I'm closing the door on my TTC journey. 3 losses, no explanation for them or why we struggle to conceive. We had been losing weight for ivf but I didn't want to do it.

I think there's so much pressure on women to go through all these tests and proceedures and put all this pressure on their body to conceive.

I really admire anyone who is brave enough to do it, please give yourself more praise and credit for doing it. People outside of TTC or IVF naively think its just a few jabs and maybe some pills then out pops a baby so we all need to educate people and speak out more about what it ACTUALLY is.

My decision for not doing IVF is 2 things.
1 - im terrified. Ive already had 1 surgery go wrong in my life so im not sure if I can get away with it again. I still have nightmares about it

2 - i dont want to go through all that for the tiny chance of it working. The success rate is crap anyway. Add in the fact i miscarry every time at the same point and the consultants response to this was "well when you do the first round we might find out why that happens" so basically i would be an experiment. Going through all that, being told I was actually pregnant to then lose it again and POSSIBLY finally find out whats wrong?
I dont like those odds!

My losses have also caused my mental health to be pretty bad and although I have managed to pull myself round eventually I cant knowingly put myself through it.

So all the above is said without judgement (bar admiration) for anyone else going through this, but also in the hope if anyone else has the doubts or fears like I did that they stand up and say something rather than just hoping it will go away like I have for the past few years!

And as for having children, another route which may not be for everyone. Im in stage 1 of the adoption process. In the past few years its been a lot less about being pregnant and producing a baby and a lot more about sharing our life and hopefully being able to give a child a safe happy home. Its worlds apart from a birth child and its going to be a journey and a half but yep thats us.

If you read the whole post congrats haha 😄 sorry for the ramble but its been very cathartic

• Heart

Keera

VIP Member
Tentatively joining the thread. Sitting alone in the relatives room after coming to a routine follow up scan on my own, in shock after being told there’s no heartbeat.
I’m truly just heartbroken.

• Heart

loveulongtime0

Chatty Member
Hi everyone. I had my 12 week scan today. They believe I’ve had a missed miscarriage. This would’ve been my second baby, I went in so excited expecting to see a baby on the screen but there was barely anything there, just a tiny white blob. I have to go back next week to confirm it. I just want to sit and cry. I can’t process it.

• Heart
  • Sad

calmyourritas

VIP Member
Just seen another baby announcement on insta and it just hurts so much 😭 I wonder if I will ever not cry when I see someone else announce 💔

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 12

fishsticks

I'm so upset. I felt so lucky and hopeful when we conceived on our first cycle. I thought it was too good to be true and it turned out it was. We are now coming to the end of cycle 3 and I'm just heartbroken. I don't know if I am pregnant or not this month, although I'm going to predict I'm not.

I'm heartbroken, I've been crying for the past couple of days.. Why did this happen to me? I'm now anxious there's something wrong with me. My husband thinks there's something wrong with him. I'm just not sure I can take this uncertainty any longer. I also feel awful for saying this as I know that other people have gone through this for months even years. Those people are true fighters. I'm exhausted after 3 months, emotionally I never anticipatee ttc to be like this. I'm just distraught, anxious and desperate to be pregnant again.

I'd be over 12 weeks now with a Feb 2022 due date. I'd have had my first scan, I'd be sorting out a nursery, I'd be excited about what's to come. I'm slowly realising I will never get excitement like that again. Every day I'm more and more anxious about it. I'm just not sure I can cope with this.

• Heart
Reactions: 12