Miscarriage/Baby Loss

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Todays been awful the bleeding just keeps getting worse and worse. We had an incident with our 2 year old so we had to put him first and I’ve been in agony all day but I’m going to the hospital tomorrow to get checked over. It just seems to be coming out more and more 🙁

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Todays been awful the bleeding just keeps getting worse and worse. We had an incident with our 2 year old so we had to put him first and I’ve been in agony all day but I’m going to the hospital tomorrow to get checked over. It just seems to be coming out more and more 🙁
Please keep us updated xx

Reactions: 1
I’m heartbroken. My baby’s heart stopped unexpectedly after my last scan when I was 13+2. I’m mow 15+3, I found out yesterday. I don’t know what happens next. I know I’ll be going into hospital soon but I have no idea what to expect. What happens once she’s been delivered?

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
I’m heartbroken. My baby’s heart stopped unexpectedly after my last scan when I was 13+2. I’m mow 15+3, I found out yesterday. I don’t know what happens next. I know I’ll be going into hospital soon but I have no idea what to expect. What happens once she’s been delivered?
Im sorry I don't have any advice for you but just wanted to say I'm sorry for your loss and am thinking of you xx I'd imagine the hospital will give you information regarding what will happen next and hopefully offer some support ❤

Oh lovely I’m so sorry. I have no advice as I haven’t been that far along during a MC but I didn’t want to read and run. Sending so much love to you and the hospital will be able to guide you through what happens next ❤ Be easy on yourself xx

Im sorry I don't have any advice for you but just wanted to say I'm sorry for your loss and am thinking of you xx I'd imagine the hospital will give you information regarding what will happen next and hopefully offer some support ❤
I’m so so sorry. I was 10 weeks when it happened to me, so might be different since you’re further on. Thinking of you. 💕

ETA this is in reply to moomints2008 above.. am not sure how to quote a post afterwards!

I’m so sorry for your loss. I was further along when we lost our baby. This is my experience but I’d imagine your hospital might have similar procedures. I saw my baby after I’d slept and showered. The midwives dressed her in a tiny sleep suit. They also arranged for photos, foot prints and a blessing from the hospital chaplain. We were given a memory box. They also did a post mortem and the results took about 14 weeks to come back. I also got signed off work for a while to recover.

It’s a heartbreaking time so make sure you keep your expectations low of what you’ll be able/wanting to do afterwards- be gentle with yourself. Ask the hospital if there is a bereavement midwife and don’t be worried about asking lots of questions. Thinking of you.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
so sorry to hear your news.
we went through similar in February. Was 16+2 went to midwife app and then sent for scan where we found out babies heartbeat had stopped at around 14 weeks.
We were given the option to induce and deliver at hospital or have d&c surgery. We opted for d&c. Your hospital I expect have talked you through your options by now. Because we opted d&c they were able to do a post mortem on our baby. We had a follow up appointment with fetal medicine 6 weeks after. Thinking of you, my inbox is always open if you want to talk xxx

Has anyone had any experience of nosebleeds linked to recurrent miscarriage? In the last year I’ve had spontaneous nosebleeds every 4-6 weeks and 3 miscarriages. The first nosebleed coincided with the first pregnancy. Maybe thinking too much about it, but seems strange. Have been referred to the recurrent miscarriage clinic so I’ll mention it, but just wondered if anyone else had noticed a correlation.

Has anyone had any experience of nosebleeds linked to recurrent miscarriage? In the last year I’ve had spontaneous nosebleeds every 4-6 weeks and 3 miscarriages. The first nosebleed coincided with the first pregnancy. Maybe thinking too much about it, but seems strange. Have been referred to the recurrent miscarriage clinic so I’ll mention it, but just wondered if anyone else had noticed a correlation.
I'm not sure how helpful this is but I've heard of nosebleeds during pregnancy because of the hormones. So it makes sense that the hormones might be causing nosebleeds in your situatuon as well. So sorry that you've had 3 miscarriages, I hope you get some answers.

• Heart
I'm not sure how helpful this is but I've heard of nosebleeds during pregnancy because of the hormones. So it makes sense that the hormones might be causing nosebleeds in your situatuon as well. So sorry that you've had 3 miscarriages, I hope you get some answers.
Just found out I’m pregnant again…so that explains the nosebleeds at least. Hoping this 4th little one is the one that will actually make it here. 🙏🏼❤

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I hope this message isn’t seen as insensitive. First I wish to say I am so very sorry to those who have suffered baby loss.

I am passionate about improving bereavement care services within hospitals and I was wondering if anyone could possibly help with a question please. After your loss were you invited to meet with a professional to give feedback on how to improve bereavement care in the hospital? Were you sent information in the post? When and how do you feel it would have been best to provide feedback? I would really appreciate any feedback but please ignore if it causes any triggers or distress, I hope it doesn’t.

Some charities who are there to support you if you feel you need them are SANDS, Tommy’s, Beyond Bea, Bliss.

I hope this message isn’t seen as insensitive. First I wish to say I am so very sorry to those who have suffered baby loss.

I am passionate about improving bereavement care services within hospitals and I was wondering if anyone could possibly help with a question please. After your loss were you invited to meet with a professional to give feedback on how to improve bereavement care in the hospital? Were you sent information in the post? When and how do you feel it would have been best to provide feedback? I would really appreciate any feedback but please ignore if it causes any triggers or distress, I hope it doesn’t.

Some charities who are there to support you if you feel you need them are SANDS, Tommy’s, Beyond Bea, Bliss.
I weren’t invited to meet any professionals afterwards or asked/told about any bereavement care. I got given a leaflet from the miscarriage association and that was it

I do think they should offer more… they just said ‘leave when you’re ready’ and got up and left the room when they confirmed what happened

I weren’t invited to meet any professionals afterwards or asked/told about any bereavement care. I got given a leaflet from the miscarriage association and that was it
Exactly the same.

I've got a lot of feedback I want to give but I haven't felt able to do this yet. I think the best way to be asked would be at a follow up appointment to check on our mental and physical health. Sadly we don't get follow up appointments unless there's a concern or complication.

• Heart
Reactions: 2