Mimi and Alex Ikonn

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Didn't see the video but if Alexa is telling her Mom she's 'perfect' repeatedly that is so sad, what was the context? Mimi always mentions the word 'perfect' she is normally saying 'I'm not perfect' or 'you don't have to be perfect' 'or things don't need to be perfect' but she's clearly obsessed with that word and the pursuit of 'perfection'. For Alexa to be telling her that she's probably already picked up on her Mom's impossible standards, and probably tells her 'you are perfect' so Alexa returns the compliment (which it definitely is in Mimi's eyes).

If it's not enough to just hear that your child loves you, she has to 'prove it' to her audience by recording her. Alexa clearly knows this makes her Mom really happy to hear so just continues to say it, perhaps for her Mom's attention and approval; if you say something that repetitively in my opinion it starts to lose its impact and exactly like the post above can just reinforce the opposite. If you need to say 'I love you sooo much' all the time, how secure are you feeling?

Finally (as it's been a while) did anyone ever watch 'The Hills' (early mtv reality show).....Mimi and Alex so remind me of Heidi and Spencer!

Reactions: 4
Very interesting the use of the word detox!! If it is toxic to you and your family why use it in the first place?? More importantly the so called influencers are the one who made it toxic. Also, if they are happy and they know everything they are doing are lies then why do it?? Unless you are a hypocrite.

No one is feeling miserable and not good enough and ugly but them. That why they decide to become a social media influencers and abuse their children online.

I think it is better to take social detox all together and remove your self from the web. I heard running up a hill is good for older women with thick thighs and calves. Don’t go for a lazy walk around the park wearing a baggy dress that will not help.

Attachments

Reactions: 2
Is it just me or do Meme's legs look so much thinner in the pic where she is hugging the tree. They look weird, odd shape, possibly badly photoshopped? But then in her stories is a picture of Alex hugging the tree and his legs look really odd too, like toothpicks?

From Alex's latest instagram pic writing about Alexa: "Today she’s a young lady walking next to her Mimi". Next to her Mimi?? So... Alexa still calls MeMe by her first name. How embarassing.

Is it just me or do Meme's legs look so much thinner in the pic where she is hugging the tree. They look weird, odd shape, possibly badly photoshopped? But then in her stories is a picture of Alex hugging the tree and his legs look really odd too, like toothpicks?
I think that's just the camera lens and angle. I bet her narcissistic self loves it, though.

This is a great video to watch about narcissists and their so-called "friends". At around the 8 min mark it describes Alex to a T.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Why is Meme so obsessed with Alex's hair length? It's so weird that at 4 she never had a haircut. I bet Meme had some childhood "trauma" where Lala took her to cut her rapunzel hair and now projects that on Alexa, like the dancing and everything else.

Hair length just another example of how she treats her like a doll. Of what value is it to repeatedly show her hair on instagram? She's objectifying her. Her hair is an object to her that she is proud of, because she places value on long hair and sees Alexa as her own creation, not a separate entity. I wonder if she had had a boy (she specified she wants to adopt but *not* a boy before) how different it would be without being able to project these material 'girly' asethtic expectations she has.

I hope Alexa is strong willed to reject this stuff when she can choose to, goes all punk rock with big combat boots and a shaved buzz cut wearing long black dresses - then let's see how much she appears on Mimi's instagram!

I don’t think these people read much. Because there posts suggested so. By reading I mean real full of values books not small ridiculous quotation about how love is the answer for all the problems. How is love going to help with famine and diseases??

Also, if you are a narcissistic with no college degree and you don’t want to educate your self because you are dumb don’t go on social media posting about because people are not as stupid as you think they are. They will see your true self.

For some reason the word entrepreneur has become more an insult than a proud.

Reactions: 1
Ugggh! Again with plastic and great environment crusader. She is like woke Karen. Dude, use your money to make policy changes along with paying money to carbon offsetting. Most people in this world can’t do what rich people can do to save environment. Policies, big carbon emissions needs to be taken care first to make impact. I do recycle, have been using jute bag since 1990s - at the time plastic were not that common in small Indian town with small vendors. I don’t preach because I work in policy area. Recycling makes me feel good, but I know it’s not gonna change anything major. But thing is we all stop trying to make big changes because well- one small recycling is making me happy & well I get to preach too.

Exactly, their whole mentality is individualistic. To acknowledge their privilege would compromise their whole belief system. They fundamentally believe they created everything in their life through their positive attitude and therefore all problems/solutions are to be found like that too. Mimi is militant about plastic because she can be, and she preaches about it because it doesn't challenge anything for her; she can control how much plastic she uses so she can reward herself for her efforts and tell everyone it's possible too - the answer to climate change, or plastic pollution (which is the only issue she actually braces) comes down to what is done on an individual level. Therefore she's happy with her input and that's as far as she goes. Notice she doesn't do this with flying, discussions around fossil fuels or carbon emissons, she never mentions Extinction Rebellion or her thoughts on the demonstrations they have been having (particularly in London). These conversations are nuanced and require extensive thought on how we want to proceed *together* as a collective, not as individuals to solve this issues because they are global.

But that would challenge their beliefs that everything in life is controlable by your own attitude, and how much you focus on love...these sentences essentially become the smallprint or disclaimer written in any contract, except they've made the smallprint and disclaimer their entire message. I don't say this with cynicism, we do need to approach everything with love; but then what? It would be interesting to see Mimi actually brave delving into her passion for the environment further, is she prepared to sacrifice flying? Shipping paper journals across the world? Discussing how low income working mother's can realistically avoid plastic? Why society is so dependent on the use of plastic (because we have less time, work more, in order to fund buying things like overpriced paper journals that fund the lifestyles of influencers who show us their oversized holiday homes they've taken multiple flights to reach who then implore us to care about the world more because they've got a glass water bottle at lunch instead of a plastic one).

PS woke Karen = spot on

Reactions: 9
So true! All they do is talk, talk, talk, but when it's time to get practical they don't have a clue. Where are they when volunteers are picking trash off the beaches or people march in front of the parliament against climate change? skyrocketing their carbon footprint to fly around Europe. If they care so much, why don't they join an organization or create one to provide practical solutions to these problems?

Reactions: 5
Alexa and Alex look terrible in Meme's last picture. They both look so over it, but Meme posted the pic of course - as long as mommy dearest looks good...

So true! All they do is talk, talk, talk, but when it's time to get practical they don't have a clue. Where are they when volunteers are picking trash off the beaches or people march in front of the parliament against climate change? skyrocketing their carbon footprint to fly around Europe. If they care so much, why don't they join an organization or create one to provide practical solutions to these problems?
Yep! Whenever their hypocrisy is questioned - either they block or say I’m not perfect. WE KNOW - but you preach as if you are perfect. Also, she bought a 2nd hand dress. 2nd hand buying is still buying. It’s not like she is running low on clothes. Minimalist & environmentalist my ass.

Has she photoshopped these? Why do Alex’s legs look so weird? I’m actually creeped out
I don’t think the aim was to make his leg looks creepy but rather to make her thighs looks less thick. You either jog to get skinny legs or just let it go for god sake you don’t have to photoshop everything!!

Reactions: 1
Just listened to a little bit of their new podcast even though i never do, because they talked about friends break up and i was curious about how those two narc deal with that. Well, Meme tells a story about a friend in Toronto who told her going into her fashion styling thing was too risky and that she (Meme) dumped her because she's born risk-taker (the woman who took 30 years just to change her haircut!) and the friend valued safety. Then she goes to say she doesn't consider herself better than her, they're just "different people", but she would take her back as a friend if she "changed" (because of course it's all about others changing to fit her superior values, not her). Way to contradict herself. She also says the friend was negative and toxic because she watched the news every day, and she didn't trust everyone unlike Meme who is such a "people loving person". Literally, this story makes Meme sound the worst friend and so judgemental. She really thinks she's so much better than everybody else, no matter what she says.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 8
View attachment 254834

could this be any more moronic? My god.
I was just coming to comment on this. Healthcare and education are both free in the UK and Canada both places she is a citizen. She is being taken care of by her government so I don’t understand what she’s taking about. Like, the US isn’t the rest of the world.

Reactions: 7
Again, she shows she does want to jump in on politics with her opinions as soon as she has one just most of the time it doesn't directly affect her so it's easy for her to sit back and say 'all races matter' (until enough negative feedback then she changed her tune) or silence on the Azerbajan troubles, or council housing being so poorly managed her neighbours died in a fire in their own home basically opposite her and she said (there are always flowers) but somebody tells her to wear a mask to protect the NHS (which she didn't publically acknowledge throughout this whole pandemic) from becoming full and unable to save anyone's live and she's outraged. Okay....sure

And yes the UK's been one of the most surveillanced countries in the world for yearsss now but she voluntarily films her daughters every movement without thinking about her right to choice so pick a lane...

Just listened to a little bit of their new podcast even though i never do, because they talked about friends break up and i was curious about how those two narc deal with that. Well, Meme tells a story about a friend in Toronto who told her going into her fashion styling thing was too risky and that she (Meme) dumped her because she's born risk-taker (the woman who took 30 years just to change her haircut!) and the friend valued safety. Then she goes to say she doesn't consider herself better than her, they're just "different people", but she would take her back as a friend if she "changed" (because of course it's all about others changing to fit her superior values, not her). Way to contradict herself. She also says the friend was negative and toxic because she watched the news every day, and she didn't trust everyone unlike Meme who is such a "people loving person". Literally, this story makes Meme sound the worst friend and so judgemental. She really thinks she's so much better than everybody else, no matter what she says.
May be she forgot to apply her ‘leading with love’. 1st rule of love is accepting people as they are & if they are not your tribe then let it be. Don’t say ‘ if they change....’ How is what she doing on podcast any better than gossiping about her friend. But nope ... she is beyond gossip. Hypocrisy 101.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.