Michael and Dave Kay #5 I wouldn’t go out of my way for a vaccine.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
\
On another note, I work with people to get them jobs. I can smell an exaggerated LinkedIn profile from a mile away and let me tell you, his is exaggerated. It's likely a lot of his work thus far as been among a TEAM of people yet he has it cited as if he did things HIMSELF.

There's no way anyone can tell me he went from being an R.A. with a B.A. in Communications to saving Amazon $2+ million a year by designing a workforce coordinating strategy using Lean methodologies for 5,000+ workers - within ONE year.

Same w/ Splunk. It's likely he's one of many in that same position. No way his job alone could get him a house that cost more than Mikey's AND Tim Tracker. And that's Mikey w/ a government job he had for a decade. I'm not buying it. He likely had $$ help in some capacity.

He's more full of tit than a toilet at a truck stop.
Agree. I looked at his Linkedin page and how do you become a Manager of Operations for Amazon straight out of college? Dave couldn't even effectively plan using Tripadvisor or Google to look at hotel review/pictures before he had that debacle with his hotel room the first night in Hawaii where he had to move to a "safer" hotel. I would call BS on that Linkedin profile unless Amazon has some low standards taking a kid straight from college to start managing their warehouses/fulfillment centers. Also, l had to laugh at the certificate for "Communicating with Confidence" he got issued July 2021. I wonder what tips/tricks he learned from that? Possibly talk in circles using words like, TBD, we'll see, who knows, in terms of...

Also, you know your vlogging career is in the tubes when the FRE satire of your own vlog has more views than your actual vlog. I saw Dave's video at 750 views while FRE's satire has 1,500 views.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
that’s not a bad gig he probably makes $130K-ish base salary. Wonder what they think of his YouTube channel 🤔
I just don't believe his LinkedIn, or anything written on it (outside of his education and perhaps actual places of employment)
Nor do I believe he makes $130K.

Agree. I looked at his Linkedin page and how do you become a Manager of Operations for Amazon straight out of college? Dave couldn't even effectively plan using Tripadvisor or Google to look at hotel review/pictures before he had that debacle with his hotel room the first night in Hawaii where he had to move to a "safer" hotel. I would call BS on that Linkedin profile unless Amazon has some low standards taking a kid straight from college to start managing their warehouses/fulfillment centers. Also, l had to laugh at the certificate for "Communicating with Confidence" he got issued July 2021. I wonder what tips/tricks he learned from that? Possibly talk in circles using words like, TBD, we'll see, who knows, in terms of...

Also, you know your vlogging career is in the tubes when the FRE satire of your own vlog has more views than your actual vlog. I saw Dave's video at 750 views while FRE's satire has 1,500 views.
I agree. I think he is very generous w/ much of his job details.
I know this happens because, like I said, I deal with people on a daily basis who are seeking new jobs.

You wouldn't believe (or maybe you would!) how many people change their job titles to make them sound more important - or even some companies have really high-level sounding job titles for very low-level / entry-level roles. It's really confusing a lot of the time trying to weed through the utter bullshit.

As an example, I had someone who cited they were the Store Manager of a McDonalds. In reality, they weren't the Store Manager. They weren't even an Asst. Manager. They were a Swing Manager. One of like 10 others at the same store. On a part-time, non-salary basis. But if you read the job description and title, you'd presume - understandably so - that they were actually overseeing the entire thing - and all leadership roles underneath them.

I just don't believe Dave aka Havoc who can't string two sentences together w/out repeating himself = leading teams, managing projects, and is raking in a $130K salary.

EDITED TO ADD: I think the Amazon role is a "fancy title" for an entry-level leadership role that he and 50-100 other people have at the same facility. And all his achievements that he cited were actually team / group achievements and not his sole accomplishments.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
I just don't believe his LinkedIn, or anything written on it (outside of his education and perhaps actual places of employment)

I agree. I think he is very generous w/ much of his job details.
I know this happens because, like I said, I deal with people on a daily basis who are seeking new jobs.

You wouldn't believe (or maybe you would!) how many people change their job titles to make them sound more important - or even some companies have really high-level sounding job titles for very low-level / entry-level roles. It's really confusing a lot of the time trying to weed through the utter bullshit.

As an example, I had someone who cited they were the Store Manager of a McDonalds. In reality, they weren't the Store Manager. They weren't even an Asst. Manager. They were a Swing Manager. One of like 10 others at the same store. On a part-time, non-salary basis. But if you read the job description and title, you'd presume - understandably so - that they were actually overseeing the entire thing - and all leadership roles underneath them.

I just don't believe Dave aka Havoc who can't string two sentences together w/out repeating himself = leading teams, managing projects, and is raking in a $130K salary.

EDITED TO ADD: I think the Amazon role is a "fancy title" for an entry-level leadership role that he and 50-100 other people have at the same facility. And all his achievements that he cited were actually team / group achievements and not his sole accomplishments.
you think he just made up his current job at Splunk? I think he would have been called out long ago based upon his LI activity.

Reactions: 1

You're absolutely spot on. But, I do think that he's probably in the 75K range at least. And, let's just hypothesize...he's been out of college for 3 or 4 years now, he had no car, no student debt, no mortgage (just probably some sort of agreement with Michael for the past 2 years). That would allow him to possibly save a nice down payment on the Florida Mansion (with pool). If he put 20 - 30% down, and is gainfully employed, he could easily get a mortgage. I know that he was under contract for a house in Austin earlier this year, and he wanted to use it as some sort of group rental home. I guess that fell through. On the old GG, we had the links to his public conversations on a real estate get rich quick website. I have it somewhere...

1636650000908.png

1636650062126.png

1636650119061.png

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
you think he just made up his current job at Splunk? I think he would have been called out long ago based upon his LI activity.
I guess I should clarify better - it's more like playing fast and loose with job titles, descriptions, level of responsibility, etc. AS A WHOLE.

I'm sure you're well aware of Dave's on-screen persona.

Unless that is 100% fake and Havoc, Gem, his inability to put together two non-repetitive sentences, wearing masks up to his ears for protection, his flipflopping on virtually ANY topic he discusses in his life, wearing goggles on an airplane, his inability to maneuver around Hawaii, his eating breakfast on a bathroom towel, his not understanding his ticket he received in Hawaii, his rambling non-sensical financial vlogs, his lack of knowledge of basic geography or ability to read a map.... need I go on... is all an ACT, then yes, I find it hard to believe he's pulling in SIX figures in a leadership capacity or one that requires a ton of responsibility, attention to detail, organizational skills, interpersonal relations, etc.

I'd be more apt to agree with @TheNextStacey's theory re: potential income and / or method of attaining the mortgage of a house that cost more than Mikey's and the Trackers. I still think Mom and / or Grandma helps them out big-time.

Reactions: 7
I guess I should clarify better - it's more like playing fast and loose with job titles, descriptions, level of responsibility, etc. AS A WHOLE.

I'm sure you're well aware of Dave's on-screen persona.

Unless that is 100% fake and Havoc, Gem, his inability to put together two non-repetitive sentences, wearing masks up to his ears for protection, his flipflopping on virtually ANY topic he discusses in his life, wearing goggles on an airplane, his inability to maneuver around Hawaii, his eating breakfast on a bathroom towel, his not understanding his ticket he received in Hawaii, his rambling non-sensical financial vlogs, his lack of knowledge of basic geography or ability to read a map.... need I go on... is all an ACT, then yes, I find it hard to believe he's pulling in SIX figures in a leadership capacity or one that requires a ton of responsibility, attention to detail, organizational skills, interpersonal relations, etc.

I'd be more apt to agree with @TheNextStacey's theory re: potential income and / or method of attaining the mortgage of a house that cost more than Mikey's and the Trackers. I still think Mom and / or Grandma helps them out big-time.
I think a lot/most of his YouTube persona is fake. Based upon his certifications and job title, interaction with other Splunk employees on LI it would be very hard to believe that he is simply gaslighting.

I think a lot/most of his YouTube persona is fake. Based upon his certifications and job title, interaction with other Splunk employees on LI it would be very hard to believe that he is simply gaslighting.
So you think he's faking being a complete dufus on YouTube? That'd be even more strange.

I don't deny he works for Splunk. The only interactions I saw were recommendations (and those were just written in generalized resume-speak) so not sure what other ones you're seeing. Is that what you were referring to?

It IS completely possible that he is MUCH better with the written word than in 1:1 in-person scenarios.
His comments on the stuff @TheNextStacey posted shows that.

I just find six figures hard to believe for him and his job.

I've been working from home in a higher level role than his since 2008 (and have two graduate degrees) and I don't make six figures.
Of course, the Kays have surprised me before... and not for good reasons.

Oh - and why do I feel a lot of his LinkedIn is fluffed up? Look who endorsed his teamwork skill. MOM. :rolleyes:

1636652657114.png

Michael endorsed his event planning skill. EVENT PLANNING.

1636653035742.png

• Haha
Reactions: 2
So you think he's faking being a complete dufus on YouTube? That'd be even more strange.

I don't deny he works for Splunk. The only interactions I saw were recommendations (and those were just written in generalized resume-speak) so not sure what other ones you're seeing. Is that what you were referring to?

It IS completely possible that he is MUCH better with the written word than in 1:1 in-person scenarios.
His comments on the stuff @TheNextStacey posted shows that.

I just find six figures hard to believe for him and his job.

I've been working from home in a higher level role than his since 2008 (and have two graduate degrees) and I don't make six figures.
Of course, the Kays have surprised me before... and not for good reasons.

Oh - and why do I feel a lot of his LinkedIn is fluffed up? Look who endorsed his teamwork skill. MOM. :rolleyes:

View attachment 859874
if you aren’t then you are seriously underpaid. $130k is low to mid for BPO roles at Splunk

if you aren’t then you are seriously underpaid. $130k is low to mid for BPO roles at Splunk
Well, I don't deny that! 🤣 🤣 🤣

EDITED TO ADD- I just checked Splunk's website. They have TONS of job openings on their site all over the country, and one article from May cites that they have 2,336 employees in the Bay Area alone? So they are huge. LinkedIn has them in the 5,001-10,000 employees range. (I admit I'm not 100% familiar with them)

I just still find it hard to believe Dave is pulling six figures with his level of experience (and lack of real-world abilities) - only 5 years out of undergrad.

Last edited:
If he's actually working for Splunk (I do not doubt it) and his level/title is correct (it's possible) then I do believe he's making in that range. However, I'd be curious if he's a FTE (Full time) or in a consulting role. Because the amount of PTO he'd need to travel this much is hard to fathom.

Reactions: 3
For his YouTube persona to be fake it would require him to ACT like a complete idiot. And judging by the havoc, gem, Shrek, donkey, and moronic blizzard beach journeyman videos he possesses zero acting ability. I bet his parents are laundering money through their idiotic sons and any hint of success or ability from these two dolts is fabricated.

If he's actually working for Splunk (I do not doubt it) and his level/title is correct (it's possible) then I do believe he's making in that range. However, I'd be curious if he's a FTE (Full time) or in a consulting role. Because the amount of PTO he'd need to travel this much is hard to fathom.
Splunk gives a lot of PTO plus he is a remote worker so he can work wherever. I’m in a similar situation and have an embarrassing amount of travel going on right now due to finally taking almost 2 yrs worth of postponed trips.

@2020planner You and I may be in the same line of work. Agree with 100% of what you said. The whole family is a bunch of liars and grifters. We already know far too many people embellish on their resumes/LinkedIn. I’d be shocked if he didn’t embellish (or outright lie) and agreed no way he’s making 130K. None.

I guess one of the biggest things is - would any of you hire Dave for a six-figure job with this little of experience?

Two years at a low-level, entry-level mgmt role (that I found tons of others who had that on their LIs too for Amazon).
Then two years as a Business Analyst.

(I'm not cutting / pasting all the job descriptions... but they're there and they're fluffed up a lot)

Business Analyst
Company Name
Slalom
Dates EmployedMar 2018 – May 2020
Employment Duration2 yrs 3 mos
LocationSan Francisco Bay Area

Amazon
Total Duration1 yr 11 mos

• TitleManager II, Operations
    Dates EmployedSep 2017 – Mar 2018
    Employment Duration7 mos
    LocationHouston, Texas

Manager I, Operations
Dates EmployedMay 2016 – Sep 2017
Employment Duration1 yr 5 mos
LocationSan Marcos, Texas

@2020planner You and I may be in the same line of work. Agree with 100% of what you said. The whole family is a bunch of liars and grifters. We already know far too many people embellish on their resumes/LinkedIn. I’d be shocked if he didn’t embellish (or outright lie) and agreed no way he’s making 130K. None.
Yep. Unless his work persona is abso-bleeping-lutely night and day to his everything-else-he's-shown-us persona, his behaviors - at the very minimum - just do not scream an ability to attain and hold $130K job. Remote or not.

Also, like I said, people who endorsed his skills all look around his age - like college friends. Mike and his Mom endorsed him for a few things too.
Also, he shows affiliations with two Amazon workers (the recommendations). I didn't see anyone w/ Splunk. ???

And you're so right - they're all a bunch of liars and grifters. I mean, they lied about still living in an apt. when already moved into a house to keep those gift cards and $$$ coming.

So while I 100% respect @CoolWhip's opinion and / or insider knowledge in the field, why the hell should we believe anything they write or say at this point? 🤣 It's like the boy who cried wolf w/ them.

Last edited:
^ Long and short answer: no. 😂

Hes probably lying about the level of work he’s doing at his current job. Plus didn’t he say one year? His LI says 1y 7m there. Lots of spin with this family. BPO maybe do make 130K in that industry at Splunk, I’d have to research it on WillisTowersWatson to be sure, but I just doubt he’s at that level.

• Heart
^ Long and short answer: no. 😂

Hes probably lying about the level of work he’s doing at his current job. Plus didn’t he say one year? His LI says 1y 7m there. Lots of spin with this family. BPO maybe do make 130K in that industry at Splunk, I’d have to research it on WillisTowersWatson to be sure, but I just doubt he’s at that level.
Yep. One year. But LinkedIn shows May 2020-Present.

Ok. I'm spending way too much time on this. I need to get back to MY work here... 🤣

BUT I just found Dave commented under another lady's LinkedIn. He commented 6 days ago and tagged someone named Robert.

1636657345357.png

His BOSS named Denise holds this job title. She's been in the workforce for 13+ years.
Dave cannot be making more $$$ than his boss.... ???

1636657507894.png

Last edited:
Oooh nice find @2020planner Yeah no way. I know IT is very different but a supervisor should be making 15-20% more than a subordinate in most cases. And you’re right it says May 2020, not sure where I came up with 1y 7m but I was close enough I guess 😂

He’s likely some analyst. No idea what he’s analyzing but his managers title makes sense. BPO may mean part time consultant for all we know.

Oooh nice find @2020planner Yeah no way. I know IT is very different but a supervisor should be making 15-20% more than a subordinate in most cases. And you’re right it says May 2020, not sure where I came up with 1y 7m but I was close enough I guess 😂

He’s likely some analyst. No idea what he’s analyzing but his managers title makes sense. BPO may mean part time consultant for all we know.
No, you saw right. LinkedIn has it calculated as 1 year 7 mos. :)

1636658589094.png

Yep. One year. But LinkedIn shows May 2020-Present.

Ok. I'm spending way too much time on this. I need to get back to MY work here... 🤣

BUT I just found Dave commented under another lady's LinkedIn. He commented 6 days ago and tagged someone named Robert.

View attachment 860009

His BOSS named Denise holds this job title. She's been in the workforce for 13+ years.
Dave cannot be making more $$$ than his boss.... ???

View attachment 860010
she is probably making $160k-ish.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.