Michael and Dave Kay #5 I wouldn’t go out of my way for a vaccine.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I use this hashtag in the Trackholes threads but it looks like it fits here as well. #homemovies Who gives a rat’s ass about watching this slow witted duck buy shoes?? The vloggers are absolutely tone deaf to being held to a standard for a real job or career.
He is trying to appeal to the other new/interested RunDisney folks. I’m sure he’s signing up for some other races.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
He is trying to appeal to the other new/interested RunDisney folks. I’m sure he’s signing up for some other races.
There's no way he's going to be able to commit to a race, let alone finish one greater than 5K in distance. In his recent video where he was trying on shoes thinking he's going to run the Boston Marathon, he was on a treadmill and made a comment about it being a "fast walk" when he was going 3 MPH.

Sorry to break it to Mikey but 3 MPH is a 20 minute mile. The balloon ladies sweep at 16 minute. And I don't think he's going to "run" the whole time. More likely go with the Jeff Galloway approach (which is very solid) and the 3:1 (3 minutes of run to 1 minute of walk) But I don't think he can run fast enough at the 3 to over-take the 1. Nor do I think he could maintain long enough over the course of 6 miles if he does the 10K or the 13 if he does the half-marathon.

Also, Mikey lives in Florida and that's brutal weather. If you're going to run a half you need a solid training plan, unless you want to just try and fake it which never ends well. So in theory Mikey needs to run 3-4 days a week ideally a Monday/Wednesday/Saturday where Saturday is his long run day. Will he wake up early enough to get those runs in? How will he handle that first time he hits "the wall" and he just can't.... ?

I don't want to bad mouth people (actually I do, !@#% this guy) but there's no way this dude can run a 1/2

Reactions: 9
There's no way he's going to be able to commit to a race, let alone finish one greater than 5K in distance.
Assuming he's keeping it to runDisney, are there even events that he could be doing? It looks like the next two are sold out, and the only other scheduled one doesn't even have a marathon or even a half, just a 10-miler.

Wow today's video is the worst/best I have seen in a long time living with an VR engineer.

- Micheal went full boomer in this one saying technology is gonna take over.
- Just copied Mickyviwes opinions
-No idea of how VR works.

(In my opinion: I don't think VR is good enough to be put in the parks yet. It's evolving too fast and things are gonna break down fast and Disney is not gonna wanna put money into updating programs or repairs).

Reactions: 2
Tell me you don't unerstand the metaverse without telling me you don't understand the metaverse Michael

Reactions: 5
n my opinion: I don't think VR is good enough to be put in the parks yet.
There are whispers that are getting increasingly loud that Harry Potter broomstick ride using VR is coming soon to Wizarding World. I think it was originally planned for Epic Universe, but they seem to be moving it over to a Diagon Alley expansion. Universal has knocked every HP ride out of the park (no pun intended), so I can't imagine they'd be going there if they didn't think it was ready for primetime.

I cannot believe how schlubby Mikey looked in the clips from IAPPA. And I'm glad he sneaked in those loving shots of his body while swimming.

• Sick
There's no way he's going to be able to commit to a race, let alone finish one greater than 5K in distance. In his recent video where he was trying on shoes thinking he's going to run the Boston Marathon, he was on a treadmill and made a comment about it being a "fast walk" when he was going 3 MPH.

Sorry to break it to Mikey but 3 MPH is a 20 minute mile. The balloon ladies sweep at 16 minute. And I don't think he's going to "run" the whole time. More likely go with the Jeff Galloway approach (which is very solid) and the 3:1 (3 minutes of run to 1 minute of walk) But I don't think he can run fast enough at the 3 to over-take the 1. Nor do I think he could maintain long enough over the course of 6 miles if he does the 10K or the 13 if he does the half-marathon.

Also, Mikey lives in Florida and that's brutal weather. If you're going to run a half you need a solid training plan, unless you want to just try and fake it which never ends well. So in theory Mikey needs to run 3-4 days a week ideally a Monday/Wednesday/Saturday where Saturday is his long run day. Will he wake up early enough to get those runs in? How will he handle that first time he hits "the wall" and he just can't.... ?

I don't want to bad mouth people (actually I do, !@#% this guy) but there's no way this dude can run a 1/2
just about anyone can do a half, but you are 100% right. it takes a lot of work, especially if you're not naturally 'athletic' aka jump out of bed and do a cool 8 miles at a 10 min pace.

I think we all saw it coming after the 5k. He got a sense of accomplishment and that "wave of Disney" he's been missing.

Has he mentioned if he's doing Marathon Weekend/Princess? Otherwise I'm guessing he's eyeing the Springtime Surprise.

Not shocked he went to the Fit2Run store at DS since, as we know, unless it's got Mickey's stamp of approval he doesn't like it. What he really should do is look into a local running store that will work with him more than a retail shop at DS. The machine "analyzing" his feet isn't the same as a seasoned pro looking at wear pattern and recommending stuff. Could also probably hook him up with local running groups to keep him accountable.
Lastly, if he really is looking for shoes to run in, he shouldn't be walking the parks in them.

Also, guess mom is back being his first assistant camera op.

Old school word salad Dave posted this morning. This comment won’t be up long.

fWhWj1efSVWq5B9QjM6B6q6g=s88-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

No doubt about it

Vintage Dave with “we’ll let you know what we think” a ton of maybes, we’ll see and not sure. Your hair was on 🔥. Nice work.

Also a VR picture of Michael from his video today. Mikey in 3 years:

1638976306356.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
Old school word salad Dave posted this morning
God, that was boring. Complained about Starbucks again, ate food and gave wordy, content free reviews, made an absolutely disgusting slurping sound when he ate those gummy worms.

Our Dave is not much for fine dining, is her?

Additionally, did he ever become ready to tell us the thing that he wasn't ready to tell but might have told already?

Reactions: 3
just about anyone can do a half, but you are 100% right. it takes a lot of work, especially if you're not naturally 'athletic' aka jump out of bed and do a cool 8 miles at a 10 min pace.
First, not to be THAT guy but a half is 13.1 miles not 8. And those additional 5 miles are a big deal. But that's not even the important part. Can anyone go 13 miles? If they're healthy sure. The real question goes back to, can he do it and NOT get swept. He's not going to qualify for anything but the last gate because he has no qualifying runs. So he's in the back of the pack with the people that are slow and tend to bunch up A LOT. This also means that if he wants to stop for any photos, he's in a bad spot because he's going to have a queue. And being in the back puts him in a bad way

Remember there's NO pace requirement for the 5K. But there is a 16 minute mile for the Marathon (26.2), Half-Marathon (13.1) and 10K (6.2) So he may not even be aware of this (since he's never done any real research on ANYTHING) For those that aren't aware, the Balloon Ladies start as the last people in the last corral. When they cross the start line, the 16-minute pace clock also starts. So he has a minimal buffer and has to keep it moving.

But going back to the video he posted the other day, he made it seem like a 3 MPH speed on the treadmill was "fast". I don't see him being able to complete a Half. Could he do a 5? He's done it. Could he do a 10 and not get swept? Yea, I think he could. Could he do a half? NOPE. No way in hades. He'd either get swept or have to get picked up by the medical people because he'd get hurt

Reactions: 6
Wow, that's some riveting visuals there, Dave. Nice lighting!

I felt bad for the girl at Starbucks. He came off sounding like a friggin weirdo. But what else is new? :rolleyes:

1638981473648.png

Didn't he primarily walk the 5K? I know PMM did.

I mean, yes, he went for a distance of 5 kilometers, but he didn't run them.
I couldn't bring my self to watch the full video of his "Race experience" . I'll assume that he probably "ran" the first few minutes of the race because he had a ton of excitement and was full of energy. And I'll assume he probably "Ran" the last few minutes because he saw the finish line and wanted people to see him running across the finish line. But what did he do the remaining time? I haven't the slightest idea.

I'm not going to give him grief for participating in the 5K. Maybe this will actually be a real thing for him (doubtful) And maybe he'll find he enjoys running (doubtful) But I'm not going to applaud him for what he's done so far. Show me something more and I'll change my tune. Let me see him finish a 10K.

It's horrible that I'm even thinking this, but if this chuckle!@#$ wanted to get some views and get some new content that's cheap he could start a mini-series of a "Couch to Disney Half" where he takes us with him every step of the way. From getting fitted for shoes and actually talking about the process. Then talking about how to find and stick to a plan for someone that's new to running (Perhaps talk about the Galloway method) Then he could take people on some of his runs (not every single one - but just updates) Then as he gets closer to the race talk about the strides he's made and lessons he's learned.

Then to get some more "Disney" content in there, he can go with the "So you're a runner and you're on vacation at Disney. Where are the best places on property to run? " And show some of those places along with many miles they are. Whether that be the path from EPCOT to MGM or some other places.

Finally you do all the lead-up to the race with the bib stuff, the morning of, a highlight of the race, and then post race thoughts.

IF you're reading this you beached whale - sign up for the Run Disney Springtime Surprise for either the 10K or the Tower Of Terror 10 Miler. It's in April. That gives you 4 months to prep and train. That's plenty of time. You're welcome. BONE APPLE TEA

Reactions: 8
Dave isn’t watching his channel today. Several trolls still up. I couldn’t resist being “Pearl Harbor“.

hawaii tourism authority
10 minutes ago
Dave you was in true form you seem so much happier traveling should have jumped on the Hawaii flight

fHPSi0BM4TNV3A7fM8BKLerj=s88-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

Pearl Harbor
I want to see another 100% accurate Pearl Harbor review like he did last time in honor of yesterday’s 80th anniversary.

• Haha
First, not to be THAT guy but a half is 13.1 miles not 8. And those additional 5 miles are a big deal. But that's not even the important part. Can anyone go 13 miles? If they're healthy sure. The real question goes back to, can he do it and NOT get swept. He's not going to qualify for anything but the last gate because he has no qualifying runs. So he's in the back of the pack with the people that are slow and tend to bunch up A LOT. This also means that if he wants to stop for any photos, he's in a bad spot because he's going to have a queue. And being in the back puts him in a bad way

Remember there's NO pace requirement for the 5K. But there is a 16 minute mile for the Marathon (26.2), Half-Marathon (13.1) and 10K (6.2) So he may not even be aware of this (since he's never done any real research on ANYTHING) For those that aren't aware, the Balloon Ladies start as the last people in the last corral. When they cross the start line, the 16-minute pace clock also starts. So he has a minimal buffer and has to keep it moving.

But going back to the video he posted the other day, he made it seem like a 3 MPH speed on the treadmill was "fast". I don't see him being able to complete a Half. Could he do a 5? He's done it. Could he do a 10 and not get swept? Yea, I think he could. Could he do a half? NOPE. No way in hades. He'd either get swept or have to get picked up by the medical people because he'd get hurt
I am a strong "back of packer" and have completed over half a dozen halfs, including some runDisney ones. Also someone I'm guessing you'd look at and assume (again based on appearance), "Psh they aren't healthy enough to do a half". So, just a note that someone not fitting into a preconceived look doesn't make them any less 'healthy' to participate in running events.

BUT on the whole I do agree when we are talking about Mike. If you are a back of packer and do a runDisney event, you have to weight the options of waiting for a character stop. You might have a 15 minute buffer from the balloon ladies, but if you are right on the 16min mile pace AND spend 10 minutes on line to meet Rabbit, you are really risking that sweep.

I also very much agree about the jump from a 10k to a half being a HUGE difference, both physically and mentally. It's not JUST shoes. It's clothing that won't betray you at mile 7. It's figuring out your fuel plan that best helps you. HYDRATION especially in Florida and not just water, but drinks with electrolytes. I think the risk with him is underestimating the events. Assuming that all runDisney stuff is like the 5ks when they so very much aren't.

It will be interesting to see (with registration for Springtime tomorrow) what he goes with. If he takes on the challenge, oh does he have a long way to get there. That's more than just doing the races. It's all about what you do between each race and, spoiler alert, eating greasy Disney buffets will lead to one shitting themselves.

It's horrible that I'm even thinking this, but if this chuckle!@#$ wanted to get some views and get some new content that's cheap he could start a mini-series of a "Couch to Disney Half" where he takes us with him every step of the way.
This would have been a perfect series for him when he lived in Maryland. Train, travel, show everyone the +/- and be honest if using time to travel to Disney for running is worth it.
Because for some it isn't. Some people can be in the parks all day and night, run a race, rinse and repeat.
Some can't or risk being unable to do the race they came for. There is nothing wrong with being either person, but I think an honest view of it would have been nice.

ETA: The majority of runDisney videos I've seen from non-locals are usually people who fall into that first category of "I can do this ALL day" folks. It would be nice to have a series from the prospective of someone not local who, due to the physical needs of the race(s), only goes to the parks a few times, if not at all.

Last edited:
For the love of all that is evil, I'm eating lunch watching the older of the two dimwits and he shows a close up of his crotch in tight shorts. That passed his "editing" process? wtf is wrong with him?

For the love of all that is evil, I'm eating lunch watching the younger of the two dimwits and he shows a close up of his nostrils several times as he orders food. That passed his "editing" process? wtf is wrong with him?

• Haha
I couldn't bring my self to watch the full video of his "Race experience" . I'll assume that he probably "ran" the first few minutes of the race because he had a ton of excitement and was full of energy. And I'll assume he probably "Ran" the last few minutes because he saw the finish line and wanted people to see him running across the finish line. But what did he do the remaining time? I haven't the slightest idea.

I'm not going to give him grief for participating in the 5K. Maybe this will actually be a real thing for him (doubtful) And maybe he'll find he enjoys running (doubtful) But I'm not going to applaud him for what he's done so far. Show me something more and I'll change my tune. Let me see him finish a 10K.

It's horrible that I'm even thinking this, but if this chuckle!@#$ wanted to get some views and get some new content that's cheap he could start a mini-series of a "Couch to Disney Half" where he takes us with him every step of the way. From getting fitted for shoes and actually talking about the process. Then talking about how to find and stick to a plan for someone that's new to running (Perhaps talk about the Galloway method) Then he could take people on some of his runs (not every single one - but just updates) Then as he gets closer to the race talk about the strides he's made and lessons he's learned.

Then to get some more "Disney" content in there, he can go with the "So you're a runner and you're on vacation at Disney. Where are the best places on property to run? " And show some of those places along with many miles they are. Whether that be the path from EPCOT to MGM or some other places.

Finally you do all the lead-up to the race with the bib stuff, the morning of, a highlight of the race, and then post race thoughts.

IF you're reading this you beached whale - sign up for the Run Disney Springtime Surprise for either the 10K or the Tower Of Terror 10 Miler. It's in April. That gives you 4 months to prep and train. That's plenty of time. You're welcome. BONE APPLE TEA
Brilliant (y)
It hurts my brain sometimes how many good ideas are posted here that would help their business flourish but they ABSOLUTELY HAVE NO CLUE. Or maybe they do but don't care to put in the effort. But wouldn't they be motivated to change if it meant more money and fame? It would simply require an average IQ to recognize how beneficial these ideas are.
Oh, OK, I figured it out.

Last edited:
I think Michael is wildly underestimating the longer races. He might have been able to half-walk/half-jog his way through a 5k, but if he thinks he can do a longer distance without seriously training, he’s in for a surprise. I’m not an intense runner by any stretch of the imagination, but when the weather is nice I like to do 3-5 mile runs a few times a week, and even for that I have to be careful about what I eat so that I can stay fueled up and avoid stomach issues. Michael is over here getting fitted for running shoes that he plans to also use as park shoes (no) and following it up with a greasy burger. If he can change his lifestyle, good for him, but I don’t think he’s capable.

Brilliant (y)
It hurts my brain sometimes how many good ideas are posted here that would help their business flourish but they ABSOLUTELY HAVE NO CLUE. Or maybe they do but don't care to put in the effort. But wouldn't they be motivated to change if it meant more money and fame? It would simply require an average IQ to recognize how beneficial these ideas are.
Oh, OK, I figured it out.
Alot of these same brilliant ideas have been commented on Mikey's channel only to get deleted and banned for what he deems as "hating". It's why these 2 assholes are bumbling failures.

I think Michael is wildly underestimating the longer races. He might have been able to half-walk/half-jog his way through a 5k, but if he thinks he can do a longer distance without seriously training, he’s in for a surprise. I’m not an intense runner by any stretch of the imagination, but when the weather is nice I like to do 3-5 mile runs a few times a week, and even for that I have to be careful about what I eat so that I can stay fueled up and avoid stomach issues. Michael is over here getting fitted for running shoes that he plans to also use as park shoes (no) and following it up with a greasy burger. If he can change his lifestyle, good for him, but I don’t think he’s capable.
Big difference between a 5k and a 10k for a beginner. For someone like Mikey it's the difference between struggling to finish and ending up hurting yourself. He needs ALOT of prep before he starts running consistently. And running shoes are for running ONLY. Not parading around the parks. You also don't run in cargo shorts and skin tight souvenir shirts. There's specific shoes and clothing for a reason.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.