Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
My friend is looking over my shoulder at this forum, saw Michael and Dave Kay and "Journey Together" and asked if this is a couple who travel the world and vlog. NAILED IT.

• Haha
Reactions: 11

TikiMeerkat

Michael has a bunch of new rambling nonsense monologues that he is calling a podcast, and he seems to be done with the video format for now. The podcast is called Cruising Through Life, and so far only 3 of the 8 episodes are about cruising. Mostly they’re just salty soliloquies about how Disney has lost the magic. Interestingly enough, the loss of the magic coincides perfectly with Michael realizing he would never be the Disney media darling he’d always been passionate about being. That is, before he was passionate about 5ks, or golf, or cruising, or the charmingly vague concept of “family fun.” Lots of passions with this guy. Shame none of them have anything to do with not being a grifting narcissist.

Our intrepid Dave, it seems, has been lost to the winds after his move to Texas. One can only imagine he has gotten stuck in an abandoned mall after Google told him there may or may not be a cheap burger place there, and upon finding the mall deserted, he became too confused to find his way out. Will he ever show himself eating gas station food off a hotel towel again? We’ll see, who knows, TBD.

• Heart
  • Haha

TikiMeerkat

Any guesses on the next thrilling destination? I have a feeling it’s going to be Paris, and frankly I am ready to watch Dave get his “cwasson”-obsessed ass handed to him by the French.

Also, open call for intel from any of the ladies who have been spending time with him on his travels. So far none of them have been shown on camera, so we can safely assume they see the writing on the wall as soon as Dave Kay Here Today opens his mouth, and quickly decline permission so they won’t be associated with this one-man sideshow act. But I have to imagine, if it were me… if I were a solo traveling woman who struck up a conversation with Dave, thought he seemed harmless, then agreed to have breakfast with him and found out that he’s a lunatic… I would be frantically googling to see what was up with this guy. So if any of you are out there, if any of you have landed here by googling “Dave Kay” or “David Kay” or “David Karlsberg” or “met an American guy on a cruise who has a YouTube channel but something is off about him” — WELCOME. Please show yourself and please tell us everything.

• Haha

Purple Haze

Anybody have a favorite cruise? Mine is the Christmas one with his dad. Really hits me in the feels seeing them so happy together. I look pretty nice and stretched out as well. ❤❤
Mine is the one where there is some rougher seas and he’s constantly reassuring himself that everything is fine and asking the crew if it’s bad lol

On that note also explaining that Disney bolt the windows in place so they cannot fall out unlike other cruise lines. The way his warped head worked is comedy gold 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
  • Heart

TikiMeerkat

Today’s vlog was short but full of Dave Kay classics:

-drinking black coffee and being surprised that it tastes like black coffee
-getting scammed by a taxi driver who saw him coming a mile away
-staying in unbearably bleak accommodations that I’m sure were just a few dollars cheaper than a perfectly comfortable hotel room would have been
-failing to plan appropriately and wasting a lot of time
-eating convenience store food in his bedroom and saying “let’s give it a shot, let ya know… not bad”
-his hair continuously expanding like that insulation foam that sprays out of a can
-clickbait title with a video full of unrelated word salad

Karl Berg

I'm never going back to Italy. I will just go to Orlando for better gelato and free bathrooms.

• Haha

TikiMeerkat

Dave, who won’t even eat lunch off the ship because he doesn’t want to spend the money, spent money on a thumb ring that says BELIEVE ?!

Believe what, exactly? Believe that if you keep posting your shit karaoke routines, Hollywood will scoop you up? Believe that people enjoy watching you waste your own time? Believe that you’re having an enriching travel experience when all you’re actually doing is acting like a fool in public?

As for Michael, what a joke. Looks like that “passion for Disney” dried up real fast the moment he realized he could instead have a passion for marrying a doctor and never having to perform for cougars on YouTube again.

• Haha

macr80

I don’t post here often but saw Mikey last weekend in the Guardians line in his scooter. Honestly if the person I was with didn’t notice him I would have never knew it was him. He looks so different with his beard and full face. He was with 2 other older guys and was on his phone the whole time

• Wow

PeanutButterCup28

Chatty Member
He most likely was with Doctor Princess, as he flew out of DTW (Detroit) airport. There's no way he would've travelled alone, let alone wandered the streets alone to complain about the dirty city, not the best ever artichokes, not the best ever airplane breakfast sandwich, the sketchy hotel elevator or the law about no AC while onboard the bus to the cruise port. Have to give him props for not referring to anything in reference to Epcot, at least.

• Heart
  • Haha

Claude4

VIP Member
Dave treated us to a Christmas Day video. I couldn’t stomach the prior video at 48 min, please forgive me. He starts out saying he’s tired, says glasses in Lisbon are smaller, says milk is better in Europe, says his pancakes are fried, has some “smooth” banana bread, goes into a grocery store and rambles, likes tiles on buildings, gets burger delivered and he likes it, goes to coffee shop with a girl, she films him, get pastry and says it’s “meatier” , calls powdered sugar “sauce”, his train pass won’t work, wandered around, got soaked by a passing car (thank you driver), goes to an outdoor market, gets chicken sandwich and sangria and he likes it, gets breakfast and we get our only “not bad” food review, gets two pastries that he likes, teases his next exciting destination. That is all.

1703597825726.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick

TikiMeerkat

Dave openly admits in a public YouTube video that “a few dentists” have recommended that he get his wisdom teeth out but his response has always been “No, I think it’s fine.” Fast forward to him with a swollen jaw in a foreign country. Anytime anyone is tempted to believe this channel is satire, remember this moment.

• Haha

Karl Berg

Saw this on my YouTube home page. I actually miss the good ol' days of Mikey crying and single hand clapping.

• Haha
  • Heart

T-Rexx

Chatty Member
Michael in Croatia: Michael thinks that a serene/magnificent seaside/cave area is best viewed with an overlay of some piercing jazz music rather than some quite mood music. He's horrible at mixing videos. And I got seasick from his lack of stabilizer (I guess it made me feel like I was on a cruise?). He "tours" the city, proclaims that you can get an expensive tour guide, but you can see just as much without one. Literally see? Maybe. But Michael got zero history of the area and related zero history/things of interest to his viewers. Michael is completely uncurious.

He keeps reviewing the same buffet food. He doesn't like a lot of it, but he doesn't explain why he won't try a real sit-down restaurant. His last meal he had SIX desserts. SIX! I don't understand what he is trying to accomplish with this video series.

• Heart
  • Wow