Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Keikochan

VIP Member
It's 15c where I am right now & it isn't too bad. I think it's bc it is cloudy.
Tomorrow is suppose to be the hottest day of the year at 26c 🥵

Tinkerbell cat

VIP Member
I love the warm weather but only if I am sat in the shade with a drink or infront of a fan haha.

I can't sleep with it this hot either.

I am happy that it isn't raining/windy though!

Savannah_xx

VIP Member
The sky's gone that murky dark grey colour like there's a storm brewing or even just some much wanted rain. I'm glad! The sun was just out but replaced with this.

Tangent Tiger

VIP Member
i wish it was!!!

my hay fever has been off the charts this week. i could cope with the heat better if i was actually able to breathe through my nose 🤧
Yes I need to book some appointments which is making me feel a bit miserable as I'll be stuck in a strange city for hours. I'll have to restrain myself until journey home then I really might tip iced water all over me. I don't want to faint anywhere. I don't mind being a bit bedraggled.

Rbarb-bkini

We got woken up by biblical rainfall at half 7 this morning, rain and thunder most of the morning, then all of a sudden as we've gone for our lunchtime walk the sun's come out, it's so muggy 🥵

Tatooine_legend1

VIP Member
I love the heat / summer in other countries. Countries that are built for it and have air con, and the sun rises and sets at acceptable times. Why are British houses so bad? My bedroom goes down to about 14 degrees in the winter and last summer it maxed out at 30. Was not fun.
If British homes are built to keep heat in, are Mediterranean homes built to keep cold in? I'm genuinely curious how homes are built in warmer European countries.

Mrs Moon

VIP Member
I live in the North but I'm either not far enough North or not in the right part as it's been boiling here(last two days slightly cooler) and forecast to be 38 on Tuesday 🥵😭
It's windy and cold here on the North West coast 🌊

Whatamadworld

Chatty Member
I use Bondi Sands facial SPF all year round. Its really good.

For my body I buy whatever is cheap and 5 star protection. Usually Aldi own brand.
I only recently discovered the bondi sands brand. It's nice and smells pretty good too. It is a coconut one, so has a fairly strong smell of coconut, but not overpowering.

hrh89

VIP Member
Yesterday it was cold and raining I literally wore boots and a coat today it was really hot again 😂 Jesus Christ make your mind up

Red hair

Any advice on things to do with kids in a heatwave? I have family visiting me Sun-Wed with 3 kids (5, 3 and 14months). I live in a tiny one bed flat in a town centre with no outdoor space. They are staying on a basic campsite down the road. I’m sure the parents will have suggestions but I’m not a parent myself and am a bit stressed trying to think of appropriate activities where we can hide out from the sun! The family have come over from abroad so it’s kind of a big deal for them to visit and I want them to have a nice time!
How about an air conditioned cinema? That’s what I’m considering.

emmer_moans

VIP Member
This weekend I am going to hunt down some more brushed cotton sheets because I have one set and it's a godsend however when that set is in the wash I miss it 😂 It makes such a difference.

Keikochan

VIP Member
Lots of fans. Even a Dyson cool air fan. But after a day or two of this heat it loses its magic. It’s sweltering in my living room, noticeably hotter than the rest of the flat even with the fans.
i saw something like that, and I’ve got a big cooling mat and cooling head mask in my Amazon basket. The spray sounds good!
Those cooling mats look good. I've ordered 1 for my cat, hoping it gets here before the extreme heat next week. Like you my flat is like a sauna 🥵

Emlo

Any advice on things to do with kids in a heatwave? I have family visiting me Sun-Wed with 3 kids (5, 3 and 14months). I live in a tiny one bed flat in a town centre with no outdoor space. They are staying on a basic campsite down the road. I’m sure the parents will have suggestions but I’m not a parent myself and am a bit stressed trying to think of appropriate activities where we can hide out from the sun! The family have come over from abroad so it’s kind of a big deal for them to visit and I want them to have a nice time!