Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Merpedy

VIP Member
I don't mind the heat so much, I do hate the cast of bugs life that swoop in as soon as the doors open though!!! Bloody flies 😳 😪
My mum has poured salt in all the windows that are open and I haven’t seen any flies. Don’t know where she read it, seems to be a take on the salt in bins thing, but it might be working

How are people dealing with the heat and their pets? My dogs aren’t smart enough to just lay on their cooling mats and with the weather predicting 34+ degrees I’m a bit worried

• Heart
Reactions: 1

SpindleWhorl

VIP Member
Interesting how it's forecast to be a lot hotter where I am in the North than many towns in the South, considering the heat is supposed to be coming from the South

whoops!

Has it been this warm early in October in previous years? I can't even remember last October.
I honestly can’t remember, I was saying to my OH though the other day that I remember when I was little, when we went trick or treating it was BITTER would be shivering as we walked up ans down in our costumes. Now it’s always mild!

Pivot

VIP Member
The only good thing about it is getting clothes hung out to dry!

It’s too hot to sleep, I hate that it’s still pretty light at 10:30-11 when I’m trying to sleep

I hate all the bugs/flies that get in through open windows and doors

I hate being a fat sweaty mess

I hate hay fever!! I think this is my biggest issue with summer, I have terrible hay fever

I hate cooking when it’s hot

This country was not made to have warm weather
Are you me? 😂 My summer mantra is that the only thing it's good for is drying washing outside and that's it. And yes to all the other points, I think when you have the misery that is hayfever it puts an entirely different slant on it too. I couldn't sit out and enjoy the weather even if i liked it!!

• Haha

Tatooine_legend1

VIP Member
I like the snow, but my goodness it's freezing. I don't like extremes haha. No really hot, no really cold. I saw that Crete is like 22c this time of year, nice temperature for the winter. Annoying thing about the cold is I can't hang out my clothes to dry haha. 😤

Hodgies

Chatty Member
It was chucking it down this morning when I went to work and still was when I left at 2, by the time I did the school run it was dry but it's definitely not hot and sultry....I've just gone to Tesco in joggers, a hoodie and trainers 🤣

TheGlossy

VIP Member
Am I the only one who feels like I'm actually fatter than I actually am when it's super hot? My legs & thighs specifically. I don't don't, maybe it's because I feel sticky and generally more bloated than I do in the winter.

Blonde_moment

Chatty Member
I’m in Greater Manchester area and today is a lovely summer’s day. Around 21 degrees right now with low humidity and a light breeze. I wish it could stay like this. I’m dreading next 3 days. I imagine I will be stuck in the house alone, because it will just be too oppressive to go outside. I hate being stuck in, I’m one of those people who likes to get out and keep busy. Thank god it’s forecast to be cooling down by Wednesday.

AnderbeauJohnson

VIP Member
Apart from going on holiday I don't think I've ever shut my bedroom window or any of the upstairs windows. Makes me feel claustrophobic.
Ooh I'm the opposite - I live on a busy road and I hate car noise and people noise in general so I'm much happier with mine closed of a night.

smellsofbiscuits

VIP Member
Crappy night's sleep due to DS1 climbing in for a cuddle. He must have been feeling out of sorts as he doesn't usually do that. Woke up to the blissful sound of rain pouring down and temps expected to sit at 14C. Sending solidarity to those in the hot zones ✊

Tatooine_legend1

VIP Member
The weather is quite up and down at the moment. It is going from high 20s to low 20s, weird weather. The humidity doesn't seem to go away though.