Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Piff paff puff

VIP Member
Woke up early hours very dehydrated. Banging head, fatigue, aches. My own fault not drinking enough 😬
It was too hot to be out yesterday, although mornings are perfect.
Sincerely, a self confessed lover of hot weather :cool:

WilmaHun

VIP Member
I was sweating walking the dog at 7:30 this morning 🥵
Me too! I took mine out at 7am thinking it will be nice and cool. I was really sweating and had to come home and run a cold bath! It's gross! I definitely don't think it will cool down enough this eve to get my dog out again :(

PumpkinKing

Chatty Member
It’s predicted mid 30s where I am Monday and Tuesday and can’t decide what to do about my kids and school. My son in year 7 says several of his friends aren’t going in but unsure if that’s a fact. He has to wear uniform, carry all his books plus 2 bottles of water and walk 2 miles each way. I walk my youngest to school ( 15 minutes each way, uphill) and I can’t cope over 25 degrees, I really struggle and get headache.
My eldest has asthma and he really struggles in heat 😔 thankfully he doesn’t work Mondays and Tuesdays

VIP Member
It was quite a hot day, so hot the Radiator Fan kicked in, five years with this
motorcycle and today was the first ever day the fan worked, or should say
"had to work".

PillowsofFluff

Chatty Member
Met Office forecast is considerably cooler (lol - 29c is not cool) compared to BBC. Hoping they are right (y)

Bit concerned about sending my daughter to childminder on Tuesday. She has a tiny house so the kids usually play in the garden all day, and I'm a bit worried..

MyLittlePony25

VIP Member
Does anyone find that they don’t feel hungry because of the heat but they they feel nauseous because they haven’t eaten much? Combined with hardly sleeping I feel like death very much warmed up.
completely! My cat is the same, bless him.

today I decided to get some fresh fruit and stick it in the fridge and I had it this afternoon. It cooled me down and wasn’t anything too heavy. I also have some popcorn I may munch on later if I feel I need to as it’s sweet and salty so I can get a bit of salt and sugar in there. We had a mega storm earlier and it’s a little cooler now, thankfully.

BigMavis

VIP Member
Im actually in tears.
I feel so unwell. I feel like people think I'm being over dramatic about the heat. I've had a headache for 2 days now aswell as nausea. The only way I can describe heat intolerance is like a permanent hot flush.
Do you have to work? Sounds awful 😕

rainbowlemon

VIP Member
I feel you. Have a cool bath. Honestly. It’s lush! I’m too self conscious to get in the paddling pool in the garden so the bath is the next best thing. Nice cool drink. iPad with some crap on. It’s heaven. I’m having one tomorrow after work. I’m so excited! 😂
For my cat we got a bag, which is reusable and freezes in the freezer. We wrapped it in a cloth and put it under/ on her.

The day before we wet a kitchen towel and draped that over her for a bit. You could do either of the above with humans too. Maybe the second with a real small towel though.

My mother would do the same when she lived in a hot country.