Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Tangent Tiger

VIP Member
I just got a cup of tea and cheese sandwich wearing a knee length silk dress, it's definitely not blazing here. Pretty sunny but cool breeze.

I usually wear jeans so the corner shop looked at me oddly, they could tell something was up 🤣

Need to figure out what to wear over the top to keep me warm but not boiling as I have to set off in an hour

LittleMy

VIP Member
17 here today and feels nice and cool with a breeze/some light drizzle earlier this morning. Was so hot over the weekend and I couldn’t bear it, especially at night with the humidity. I’m not a fan of hot summers, prefer it to stay in the low 20s.

I like Bondi Sands for face too. Whatever’s cheap and has a 5 star rating on the bottle the rest of the time.

hollowcrown

Chatty Member
Met Office forecast is considerably cooler (lol - 29c is not cool) compared to BBC. Hoping they are right (y)

Bit concerned about sending my daughter to childminder on Tuesday. She has a tiny house so the kids usually play in the garden all day, and I'm a bit worried..
Apple weather forecast is slightly more bearable too but the BBC one is much worse

BigMavis

VIP Member
27 forecast for my area on Monday, I really sympathise with those getting the 30s. Would. Not. Like. That.

Lollypad

VIP Member
My other half is a bit of weather buff and says 50/50 chance of breaking the hottest weather records next weekend. 🥵
I don’t know how we are all going to cope…. 🥵🥵
Really feel for anyone with weddings in this heat - a bit of sun is nice but I’d hate to be wearing a wedding dress in this 😬

smellsofbiscuits

VIP Member
38 is insane. I really feel for anyone enduring that. Think our top temperature is going to be 28 and that sounds bad enough.

Please keep your pets indoors 😔
That's the same as us but my FIL (who walks the dog whilst we're at work) can be a bit boomer when it comes to health and safety 🙄 I keep nagging OH that he can walk the dog if he comes as we leave at 8am. Or if he comes at lunchtime as usual then it's a quick garden piddle and that's it.

Phoenix Lazarus

VIP Member
It's apparently only 17 degrees right now where I am, and I'm already tired from the heat and it's going to reach double that on Monday and Tuesday, forecasts say! 🥵 🥵 🥵

Web30

VIP Member
We had rain yesterday, took the dog for a nice walk in it.
Our school has sports day monday and tuesday next week! Waiting for it to be cancelled, or they are getting a "my childs not taking part" message from me.

thegirlscout

VIP Member
'Good' and 'under £150' would be tough to find at this time of year. I can see a few used on ebay. Make sure you go for at least 9000 btu unless it's for a tiny room.

This doesn't help now, but best time to buy is in the winter months as they jack up the prices in summer. This is mine. I did a lot of research and paid around £270 for it in Feb last year - it's currently £400! It works though, keeps my room at around 21c when it's 29c outside.
Thank you! I thought this might be the case, that I’m looking at the wrong time of year. Since this seems to be the new norm I’m going to have to get one I reckon. Does yours use up a lot of electricity?

Actually quite concerned here too! Is anyone keeping their babies/toddlers out of nursery that day? I’m considering it, not sure how I’ll manage wfh with the 2 of them though but hate the idea of them being uncomfortable at nursery.

Savannah_xx

VIP Member
Oops yep just been sick all over!!!! I'm sure it's this weather, hopefully it's out my system now. I did have a sick feeling brewing.