Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Mrs Moon

VIP Member
Up north the weather is pretty cool. We haven't had a heatwave, in fact it was bloody cold yesterday and I had to put the fire on last night !! The cats loved it of course 🐈🐯

BigMavis

VIP Member
Same. I did the wash last night expecting to be able to hang it out today, but the air is definitely too damp.

What do you mean? Do they just need watered?
Perhaps, but I wasn't neglecting them, although I've left the watering to someone else these last few days. Gave them a good drink this morning would usually wait until the evening but I didn't think they'd last.

37BBL

VIP Member
Its almost midnight and it is so muggy and humid. The humidity isn't set to piss off for another week here either.

I've had a shower before going to bed and feel like a sticky sweat bag already.

My kids are sleeping in underwear only and still feel warm to touch. I can't stand the horrible mugginess. Can't wait for the school run walk tomorrow in this.

Homebird44

VIP Member
Last night was the first night in weeks that I actually slept properly. We're all like zombies in our office. My daughter is home from uni for the summer and works in McDonald's, she's working Monday and thankfully off Tuesday. It's my WFH week next week but I'll probably end up in the office as it's a lot cooler. My living room is normally quite cool but its been roasting. Putting feet on carpet in these temperatures makes me hotter.

Attachments

under the ivy

VIP Member
My bamboo and roses are basically dead! Even watering them on an evening isn’t bringing them back to life. Thinking about using an old squash / pop bottle and doing the continuous drip method?

LaBlonde

VIP Member
fellow hay fever sufferers - has anyone here had hay fever and covid at the same time? i’m struggling massively and i’m not sure if the paracetamol is cancelling out my usual anti histamines. any tips hugely appreciated as i can barely breathe going up stairs at the moment 😬😷

Pivot

VIP Member
Really feel for anyone with weddings in this heat - a bit of sun is nice but I’d hate to be wearing a wedding dress in this 😬
My brother got married a few years ago and it was over 30 that day. Was awful, but then i would say that 😂 Didn't seem to bother anyone else!