Melanie Murphy #4 Covid denier, constant liar, content's dire

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I do believe that women should be treated properly during childbirth, and if everything that she says happened actually happened, then it sounds horrific.
But I don’t believe anything that comes out of her mouth, her story and the way she has changed her story doesn’t add up

Reactions: 8
I would love to have a home birth if I have another child but you have to take into consideration so many things. Like how can you tell already your pregnancy is going to be low risk? Yes ideally that’s what all mothers want of course but wait and then see. Or say if things go well in my future pregnancy I would like a home birth!

I have just seen her reply on one of the comments saying she’s sure she got a tear because of forceps. For forceps they usually do an episiotomy if not all the times so yeah and even if you do a perineal massage that doesn’t guarantee that you won’t tear. My blood is rising with this woman.
I think she said she wanted to tear naturally rather than be cut. I would have imagined that wanting to tear "naturally" would lead to worse ripping and tearing than a controlled cut. maybe someone can help clarify is tearing naturally something that many women opt for or was that just melanie trying to avoid something just because it's a medical intervention? 🤔

Reactions: 4
I think she said she wanted to tear naturally rather than be cut. I would have imagined that wanting to tear "naturally" would lead to worse ripping and tearing than a controlled cut. maybe someone can help clarify is tearing naturally something that many women opt for or was that just melanie trying to avoid something just because it's a medical intervention? 🤔
It all depends. I had a third degree tear and apart from the first 2-3 days which was awful I healed very quickly and I was very happy with my recovery. I am not sure with episiotomy but I would guess again it depends on the woman but she had a postpartum haemorrhage so again it depends. I know of women who had a third degree tear like myself but their recovery was longer.

Reactions: 2
She said she begged them not to put a catheter in. I think that every woman that's ever had a spinal or epidural will vouch it's a necessary procedure as you're not in control of your bodily functions,they do explain what it is and is not an uncomfortable procedure as you're totally numb so can't feel it .This comes across like they were being rough with her( or maybe I've read too much into it )but she used the word Begged?

8D451268-A7FA-407A-859D-2FFF8551B831.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: 2
She said she begged them not to put a catheter in. I think that every woman that's ever had a spinal or epidural will vouch it's a necessary procedure as you're not in control of your bodily functions,they do explain what it is and is not an uncomfortable procedure as you're totally numb so can't feel it .This comes across like they were being rough with her( or maybe I've read too much into it )but she used the word Begged?

View attachment 296059
she was in active labour and the worst thing about it was a catheter? duck off😂😂 I had a catheter put in before my c-section and it is incredibly unpleasant. But there’s absolutely no way I’d have been in control of my bladder after I had the spinal. You feel nothing from the chest down.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
she was in active labour and the worst thing about it was a catheter? duck off😂😂 I had a catheter put in before my c-section and it is incredibly unpleasant. But there’s absolutely no way I’d have been in control of my bladder after I had the spinal. You feel nothing from the chest down.
She's already had the spinal at this stage though how would she have felt it going in ? didn't she say the doctor that rammed his hand in checked for the baby's head and then reached for the forceps and the baby was born 2 mins later? on another post she said she's mid contraction and he's putting the catheter in and out and she'd underlined in her birth plan she has mild vaginismus....how would she even have felt the contractions let alone anything else once she had the spinal..her time frame is skewed..

• Heart
Reactions: 5
She's already had the spinal at this stage though how would she have felt it going in ? didn't she say the doctor that rammed his hand in checked for the baby's head and then reached for the forceps and the baby was born 2 mins later? on another post she said she's mid contraction and he's putting the catheter in and out and she'd underlined in her birth plan she has mild vaginismus....how would she even have felt the contractions let alone antyhing else once she had the spinal..her time frame is skewed..
well in that case she has a HIGHLY strong tolerance to drugs. I was off my cake 😂 I could have protested to something, but BEG? Nah. I had a room full of people - some I’ve worked with before on various rotations over the years seeing my vag and my baby being removed and I didn’t give a tit. The room could have been burning and I’d have been fine with it.

either she has the best tolerance to drugs known to mankind, whoever gave her the spinal did a bad job or she’s lying.

edit:vaginismus? But she talks about dildos and vaginal sex back when that’s what her channel was about. Piss off 😂 she thinks people have short memories.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
well in that case she has a HIGHLY strong tolerance to drugs. I was off my cake 😂 I could have protested to something, but BEG? Nah. I had a room full of people - some I’ve worked with before on various rotations over the years seeing my vag and my baby being removed and I didn’t give a tit. The room could have been burning and I’d have been fine with it.

either she has the best tolerance to drugs known to mankind, whoever gave her the spinal did a bad job or she’s lying.

edit:vaginismus? But she talks about dildos and vaginal sex back when that’s what her channel was about. Piss off 😂 she thinks people have short memories.
I had an epidural with my first child I laboured for a long time before it and I never felt a thing after I got it only the ring of fire moment before he was born the midwives were telling me when the contraction was so i knew when to push you have certain sensations but deff not what's she's describing? ...I wouldn't have went back to work in your case 😂 (joke)

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I had an epidural with my first child I laboured for a long time before it and I never felt a thing after I got it only the ring of fire moment before he was born the midwives were telling me when the contraction was so i knew when to push you have certain sensations but deff not what's she's describing? ...I wouldn't have went back to work in your case 😂 (joke)
yeah I heard that you have the ring of fire moment. I didn’t even notice them take my son out. God bless sections 🎉 god bless medicine. I’d love for people like her to look at the statistics of mothers dying in childbirth before medical intervention. I suppose they conveniently leave it out of the superwoman course she was on.

😂😂😂 it’s fine I don’t see them much now. We’re all high enough up the chain that we’ve picked what we’re going to be consultants in so we don’t overlap. Unless I’m having a baby or they need liver help. I’d probably never look them in the eye again 😂

• Haha
Yeah she doesn't know how lucky she is ,she's reading out of some website on the vid so it looks like if it's not how it's done on there then it's incorrect 🥴 she also says on the vid it was the midwife put the catheter in but on her comments she said he ( meaning doc?) 🤷‍♀️......let's hope they stay off the hard stuff then 😂

Reactions: 1
Do people not realise birth can be a life or death thing? It’s not a pick what you want off the menu situation. Hospitals are liable if anything goes wrong so do they not have to be over cautiously with medical intervention ie, they can’t just say awk she should be okay let leave her at it?
and I’m sure if anything had gone wrong Melanie would be the first to take legal action for the hospital “letting nature take it course.” I don’t think you can have it both ways you people should either be willing to take responsibility if anything goes wrong or understand medical professionals whilst customer service might not be a strong point do their job to try and keep you and your baby as safe as possible.

• Heart
Being catheterised really isn’t that bad, it’s not exactly pleasant but I would imagine a piece of cake compared to labour. Can’t believe you would be so opposed to it, begging them etc or that Thomas cried because of it

In all honesty I don't think she knows what happened she must have been far through from the whole experience ,it looks like she's concocted a story to fit her narrative full of half truths but what I can't understand is why she'd berate a medical professional for essentially doing their job...

Last edited:
  • Heart
Do people not realise birth can be a life or death thing? It’s not a pick what you want off the menu situation. Hospitals are liable if anything goes wrong so do they not have to be over cautiously with medical intervention ie, they can’t just say awk she should be okay let leave her at it?
and I’m sure if anything had gone wrong Melanie would be the first to take legal action for the hospital “letting nature take it course.” I don’t think you can have it both ways you people should either be willing to take responsibility if anything goes wrong or understand medical professionals whilst customer service might not be a strong point do their job to try and keep you and your baby as safe as possible.
Exactly...there's that saying about flight procedures and protocols being written in blood, as mistakes leading to previous accidents heavily inform them. Grim as it is, there's a bit of an overlap there with medical protocols. I don't know how obstetricians do it - it's such a litigious, high stakes field but with mostly relatively healthy and well patients, some of whom therefore feel entitled to regard healthcare professionals with huge suspicion. It unsettles me to think of all the people in Melanie's comments who are now inspired to refuse or delay vital interventions in order to stick it to those meddling doctors who are obviously just trying to rush women through their births to keep them in their place (/to prevent the baby developing a devastating hypoxic ischaemic injury?)

Another inconsistency is how she explicitly says she did not want a forceps but states she only later discovered they have more complications than a C section, so it's unclear why she didn't want it at the time. I reckon if she had been taken for a C section without forceps attempt and later discovered a forceps would have been possible and she could have avoided the major surgery, she wouldn't have been too impressed either. No-win situation for her medical team

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
No balls baldie went from horrific moustache to Halloween numpty.
his wife has his balls and his mammy has the front door keys. 😐

• Haha
Another inconsistency is how she explicitly says she did not want a forceps but states she only later discovered they have more complications than a C section, so it's unclear why she didn't want it at the time. I reckon if she had been taken for a C section without forceps attempt and later discovered a forceps would have been possible and she could have avoided the major surgery, she wouldn't have been too impressed either. No-win situation for her medical team
Completely agree with your conclusion.

She went into that hospital thinking the doctors have an agenda against her. They could never win.

On the inconsistency, I think she said that the forceps were the one type of intervention she hadn’t had a chance to “research” properly, hence her hesitation.

Again, this shows how she thinks she’s equally qualified to the doctor in the room because of her jumbled Google research.

She does know that most up to date, informed medical research is behind paywalls and not generally available to the public without a key? She’s going face to face with a doctor with her notebook of Daily Mail standard articles.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.