Melanie Murphy #4 Covid denier, constant liar, content's dire

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She was advocating a home birth in her comments there were lots thanking her for showing the reality of what she went through and they were now planning on a home birth instead :rolleyes:

Reactions: 1
She was advocating a home birth in her comments there were lots thanking her for showing the reality of what she went through and they were now planning on a home birth instead :rolleyes:
but the way her labour went she wouldn’t have had a home birth anyway? So what exactly is she advocating?? Jesus wept.

I spent a lot of today convincing a patient that there isn’t a Covid-19 vaccine hidden in the flu jab. I can’t deal with much more armchair shite. I’ll give her video a miss so 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
To be fair I wouldn't want people at my school to google my mum and find a video of her sobbing to the soundtrack of a star is born

• Haha
Reactions: 17
but the way her labour went she wouldn’t have had a home birth anyway? So what exactly is she advocating?? Jesus wept.

I spent a lot of today convincing a patient that there isn’t a Covid-19 vaccine hidden in the flu jab. I can’t deal with much more armchair shite. I’ll give her video a miss so 😂
Thank you for doing what you do ❤ (Sorry you have to deal with muppets IRL too! - from a AHP! 😉)

• Heart
Reactions: 3
.... wait, did she not think she was going to be measured or examined through her labour?? I missed this entire conversation 😂🙄
Did her mother not tell her anything? Like my Mam has told me loads of stories over the years since I was about 17, which I’m grateful for because at least if I ever do give birth I’ll know what’s going on, I won’t need to do loads of ‘research’.
To quote my mother ‘you lose all dignity during childbirth but it’s something you don’t care about at the time’. And believe me, my mother had three awful births, way worse than Melanie’s, forceps on one, one child nearly dying. Yet all she says about her experience is that everything that happened was necessary for her to have living children.
I know Melanie had what seemed to be a crappy time delivering, but she needs to cop on and stop tit talking doctors for doing their bleeping jobs.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I haven't watched her video (I refuse to give this quack any views) but just one question: how can a birth vlog be positive if she's mostly complaining about the treatment she received, says that she has been practically abused by the staff and claims that she will have a home birth next time due to her experiences at the hospital?

Also, I am slightly amused that she made a whole video about "the media" creating a negative image about labour and here she is in total agony in the thumbnail 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I feel like Thomas was butting in as well to defuse the situation and at one point he looked almost embarrassed... I don't get how you can still be so negative a month after your sons birth??

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Came across this doozy and I honestly choked. 😂
Next thread title: "Melanie Murphy stole wine from a YouTube event" 😂😂😂

another contradiction she somehow met the conditions to get into the MLU (before being transferred out for other reasons) despite disclosing how she almost very nearly had a bad panic attack near the end of the birth. Having gastro and or mental health issues are one of the reasons for not being admitted to the MLU. I wonder did she tell them when applying for the MLU that shes that prone to bad panic attacks and has health anxiety and a lot of hang ups about health care.

Also amazing that someone with that much paranoia and a "6 figure income" wouldnt go private.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I am also prompted by fury to post my first comment. Obstetrics is not a profession for the faint hearted (I don't work in it!). There is a very fine line between a good and a bad obstetric outcome, which often is related to time, hence why I think policies such as 1 hour limit on pushing would be in place - to protect babies. I struggle to fathom people who prioritise their own feelings about birth and their own desire to force it to be a beautiful stress-free experience ahead of the baby's welfare. People like Melanie bemoan the 'medicalisation of pregnancy' and like to state that pregnancy is not a medical condition - sure, it's not a medical condition, but it greatly increases the risk of other medical conditions. It's childbirth, not a spa treatment - women have died in it for centuries, and those of us living in first world countries are privileged that morbidity and mortality in childbirth is at an all time low due to medical advances.

It's not a guaranteed right for a baby to be born healthy. It's infuriating that because Melanie's baby thankfully was, she blindly berates the medical team for the steps taken along the way, without seeing that ironically it is these very steps that will have delivered her a healthy child (which she has just presumed is a given). I'm not saying that doctors can literally do whatever they please as long as a well baby is delivered, but successfully using a forceps and avoiding a potential time delay to theatre (and avoiding major surgery) does not sound terribly rogue. Her description of her consent for vacuum delivery as 'sleepy' is also annoying. I thought you were full of energy and up for pushing away indefinitely? :rolleyes:

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I haven't watched her video (I refuse to give this quack any views) but just one question: how can a birth vlog be positive if she's mostly complaining about the treatment she received, says that she has been practically abused by the staff and claims that she will have a home birth next time due to her experiences at the hospital?

Also, I am slightly amused that she made a whole video about "the media" creating a negative image about labour and here she is in total agony in the thumbnail 🤷‍♀️
Please say it louder for the 'melanies' in the back!!! 👏👏👏👏

Reactions: 8
Did her mother not tell her anything? Like my Mam has told me loads of stories over the years since I was about 17, which I’m grateful for because at least if I ever do give birth I’ll know what’s going on, I won’t need to do loads of ‘research’.
To quote my mother ‘you lose all dignity during childbirth but it’s something you don’t care about at the time’. And believe me, my mother had three awful births, way worse than Melanie’s, forceps on one, one child nearly dying. Yet all she says about her experience is that everything that happened was necessary for her to have living children.
I know Melanie had what seemed to be a crappy time delivering, but she needs to cop on and stop tit talking doctors for doing their bleeping jobs.
I don’t think she’s been told anything, only what’s she’s researched? She really needs to reach out to family and ask if she’s unsure. I went through all her comments on the birth vid last night and I was shocked and appalled at most of them 🤨

I feel like Thomas was butting in as well to defuse the situation and at one point he looked almost embarrassed... I don't get how you can still be so negative a month after your sons birth??
Exacly! There’s not many men would say the doctor that abused his wife is a nice guy.. now is there

I am also prompted by fury to post my first comment. Obstetrics is not a profession for the faint hearted (I don't work in it!). There is a very fine line between a good and a bad obstetric outcome, which often is related to time, hence why I think policies such as 1 hour limit on pushing would be in place - to protect babies. I struggle to fathom people who prioritise their own feelings about birth and their own desire to force it to be a beautiful stress-free experience ahead of the baby's welfare. People like Melanie bemoan the 'medicalisation of pregnancy' and like to state that pregnancy is not a medical condition - sure, it's not a medical condition, but it greatly increases the risk of other medical conditions. It's childbirth, not a spa treatment - women have died in it for centuries, and those of us living in first world countries are privileged that morbidity and mortality in childbirth is at an all time low due to medical advances.

It's not a guaranteed right for a baby to be born healthy. It's infuriating that because Melanie's baby thankfully was, she blindly berates the medical team for the steps taken along the way, without seeing that ironically it is these very steps that will have delivered her a healthy child (which she has just presumed is a given). I'm not saying that doctors can literally do whatever they please as long as a well baby is delivered, but successfully using a forceps and avoiding a potential time delay to theatre (and avoiding major surgery) does not sound terribly rogue. Her description of her consent for vacuum delivery as 'sleepy' is also annoying. I thought you were full of energy and up for pushing away indefinitely? :rolleyes:
while I agree a woman’s needs should be taken into account for me my child would always come before myself
7DF6F545-BB41-4ABF-815F-CF6CBFBCBC84.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 4

I would love to have a home birth if I have another child but you have to take into consideration so many things. Like how can you tell already your pregnancy is going to be low risk? Yes ideally that’s what all mothers want of course but wait and then see. Or say if things go well in my future pregnancy I would like a home birth!

I have just seen her reply on one of the comments saying she’s sure she got a tear because of forceps. For forceps they usually do an episiotomy if not all the times so yeah and even if you do a perineal massage that doesn’t guarantee that you won’t tear. My blood is rising with this woman.

Reactions: 3
while I agree a woman’s needs should be taken into account for me my child would always come before myself
View attachment 295784
Yes I should probably clarify I of course agree women giving birth should be treated with respect by the healthcare team at all times and should have all recommended interventions clearly explained and preferences taken into account wherever possible. But I think birthing plans need to be flexible and fluid according to what happens- childbirth doesn't always read the script! The comment you've quoted in your post embodies the attitude I'm trying to describe in my first post perfectly- how can the baby be over prioritised, when the consequences of not prioritising the baby enough include death or permanent disability?! This baffles me!

Edit - and I should add the mother's health is obviously a priority too but unthinkable situations where the mother's life must be saved at the expense of the baby are thankfully rare (and in this case, the mother's would generally be prioritised). Expecting to prioritise the mother's feelings of needing to be in complete control of the birth above the baby's health is what I take issue with.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
poor Melanie, maternity hospitals in Dublin will work on the basis “baby first, mum second” always have, but that doesn’t mean the mum has no look in,
But if a baby is struggling the WILL do what’s best for baby, even if the mum is kicking off that it’s not part of her plan.
And as a mum, she should be very glad they do.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I don’t think she’s been told anything, only what’s she’s researched? She really needs to reach out to family and ask if she’s unsure. I went through all her comments on the birth vid last night and I was shocked and appalled at most of them 🤨

Exacly! There’s not many men would say the doctor that abused his wife is a nice guy.. now is there

View attachment 295784
I hate this mentality.
Yes maternal health and comfort is important and yes it should be factored into the labour and delivery experience, but there's a purpose for childbirth (and it's not to have a nice, relaxing spa day). You are there to give birth, and if you manage to get through it with a healthy child and the potential for recovery then I don't think it's considerate to berate your healthcare providers. Babies are prioritised during labour because unless there's a situation of extreme issues / death with the mother, the mother is more easily able to recover from damage that the baby cannot.

She has a healthy child, and while she has the capacity to express her disappointments in relation to her labour experience, it is not fair to leave all your tit on the doorstep of the people who helped you deliver a healthy baby (and kept you alive!).

• Heart
Reactions: 7
poor Melanie, maternity hospitals in Dublin will work on the basis “baby first, mum second” always have, but that doesn’t mean the mum has no look in,
But if a baby is struggling the WILL do what’s best for baby, even if the mum is kicking off that it’s not part of her plan.
And as a mum, she should be very glad they do.
Well I think we all know what would happen if they didn't and who in their right mind would what that situation ....

Yes I should probably clarify I of course agree women giving birth should be treated with respect by the healthcare team at all times and should have all recommended interventions clearly explained and preferences taken into account wherever possible. But I think birthing plans need to be flexible and fluid according to what happens- childbirth doesn't always read the script! The comment you've quoted in your post embodies the attitude I'm trying to describe in my first post perfectly- how can the baby be over prioritised, when the consequences of not prioritising the baby enough include death or permanent disability?! This baffles me!
Yes I knew exactly what you meant ! that's why I quoted you with the screenshot ...like you say baffling ?

Need a good memory to be a good liar.,.so she couldn’t feel anything but the doctors hand :unsure: she had the spinal before he examined her
D45B5D30-A595-4B24-88E8-441EE833CDA5.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.