Melanie Murphy #2 ED? IBS? PCOS? PTSD? Twitter MD? full of *clean prose* BS anyway!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
hello melanie! you've been lurking!!!!!!!!!
I can't wait to see how long she lasts before she says " duck it " how patronising is that statement ,every birth is different women shouldn't be put off from asking for pain relief if they want it ,especially from "armchair mothers " :rolleyes:

Reactions: 4
It completely contradicts the recent IG post she had about shaming pregnant women. She’s doing exactly that. Most you tubers making pregnancy content will emphasise over and over how they can only talk about their experience and preferences, that all women are different.

Melanie watches one documentary about America and think she knows it all.

the doctor Vs midwife thing is funny too. Does she not realise she’s on the public system so it’s going to be a midwife anyway unless something goes wrong? She doesn’t need to travel to another county for a midwife unit, she’d have a midwife anyway in a Dublin hospital.
Drogeda is probably a shorter distance from where she lives than the Rotunda would be anyway even though it’s a different county, lot of people from the area would have their baby there.

Reactions: 2
I can't wait to see how long she lasts before she says " duck it " how patronising is that statement ,every birth is different women shouldn't be put off from asking for pain relief if they want it ,especially from "armchair mothers " :rolleyes:
Yes me too!! 😂😂 She is so patronising especially for someone who has not had any experience in childbirth at all. I actually used to really like watching her videos but she’s starting to really show her true colors now.

Reactions: 5
I’m pregnant with my first and she’s honestly stressing me out with all of this stuff she is putting up in her stories 😬

I’m pregnant with my first and she’s honestly stressing me out with all of this stuff she is putting up in her stories 😬
please don’t let her effect you, she really needs to grow the duck up before she has a kid.
The two of them are bleeping idiots,
Luckily they live in mammy and daddy’s attic so mammy and daddy will be raising the kid.

Seeing Melanie’s father on vlogs and stories (and how she’s turned out) I hope to god he’s not left holding the baby much.

Reactions: 9
Did anyone watch her latest vid ,she's a birth expert now ,our bodies can do it all regardless of what they want people to believe ,plus a list of negative side effects of having an epidural and how lucky she is to have conceived this baby naturally ....and another undisclosed AD for surfshark...
let her have the baby first and then come back to us about being Mother Earth

please don’t let her effect you, she really needs to grow the duck up before she has a kid.
The two of them are bleeping idiots,
Luckily they live in mammy and daddy’s attic so mammy and daddy will be raising the kid.

Seeing Melanie’s father on vlogs and stories (and how she’s turned out) I hope to god he’s not left holding the baby much.
I second this! I unfollowed her when I was pregnant and that helped MASSIVELY. There is no “wrong” way of doing things. Your baby is going to come out whether you “calmly” breathe through it listening to whale sounds, have an epidural or a section.

last minute complications do happen that you’re not prepared for. I had my son at 34+6 because of pre-eclampsia. I was FINE all the way through up until that point. All that matters is that the baby is healthy and that you’re happy both mentally and physically. It’s ok if you don’t breastfeed for long, or at all. Fed is best.

don’t let her high horse bother you. She hasn’t a bleeping clue.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
How many weeks was she when she announced the pregnancy?! Feels like it’s been a bloody lifetime!
something ridiculous like 3/5 weeks 🤣
But she had been dropping hints before that about a “big event” towards the end of the year....
I bet as soon as she pissed on the stick she went to Instagram, not Thomas.

I think the perfect mother is the mother that has no kids... 😏
Always knows best about everything.
She’s in for a shock when the baby comes, although no doubt the grandparents will raise the kid as I’ve said before.

• Haha
Omg she's a clueless, stupid, insufferable idiot. I can't wait for her to actually give birth and realise that you actually don't get to choose how the birth will go - it's unpredictable and by having a set plan in place and being inflexible you are setting yourself up for failure. Why does she claim to be an expert on everything and put out harmful, misinformed videos?? She honestly needs to duck off.

Reactions: 8
She is in for a shock the birth is the easy bit ,it's raising them that's hard and there's no bloody meditation apps for that ..that's for sure 😂

• Haha
Omg she's a clueless, stupid, insufferable idiot. I can't wait for her to actually give birth and realise that you actually don't get to choose how the birth will go - it's unpredictable and by having a set plan in place and being inflexible you are setting yourself up for failure. Why does she claim to be an expert on everything and put out harmful, misinformed videos?? She honestly needs to duck off.
I’ve a type A personality and when I mentioned a birth plan to the midwife she laughed at me. She said we could put one together if it made me feel better but no two births go the same way. She can do all the reading In the world that she wants but you can’t prepare fully for what’s coming.

I thought if I had a birth plan in place, bags ready and kids corner all sorted that I would feel better and it would all go smoothly. Bodies have different plans than us. I hope her labour is smooth sailing but I also hope that she’s ready for plans changing if necessary.

Last edited:
  • Heart
She’s setting herself up for a failure, guess what no one wants to have an emergency c section or have their baby pulled out by forceps, very often it just has to be done for baby’s and moms safety. I bet most women throw their birth plan out of the window during labour, because you can’t predict what happens. So if her birth is not as she planned or imagined, she’d feel crap about it because she had that attitude towards pain relief, c sections and natural birth.
she’s up with the fairies if she thinks the power of her mind will make her birth not painful or hard.

I have done the same hypnobirthing course with Sinead, and I thought that they were concentrating on giving birth without a pain relief a little too much. I always knew I wanted an epidural. I didn’t get it not by choice but because it was too late for me to get it, the labour progressed very fast.
Agreed - you can't always predict what happens in labour. Some hypnobirthing courses focus on sneezing your baby out in 3 hours painfree which does women such a disservice and leaves some traumatised. Or they feel guilty because they needed an epidural which can be such a brilliant tool and I'm very very glad we have them available. But there are also courses that just help women to stack the odds in their favour of having the best birth for them as they define it - epidural or not, homebirth or not, swinging from the chandeliers or with 10 consultants 10 midwives and every piece of machinery going. The course I'm referring to includes imagery for getting an epidural...hypnobirthing to relax you before an induction...or a planned cesarean.

Not all hypnobirthing courses are the same so doing a bit of research can be helpful. Run a MILE from anyone selling you a course that promises a pain free easy birth as the norm (it happens just not frequently) or that it'll happen if you 'just believe enough or practice enough' and you'll stroll into the the Coombe and be 10cm. Staying flexible can help you have a better experience - my advice is not to hook your happiness on one kind of birth because it something comes up that nobody could predict it can be devastating. But it does no harm to do as much as you can to prepare for the kind of birth you want and feel less stressed in your pregnancy and if something comes up you know you've done as much as you can and you can get the epi with no guilt! That also means - it can a lot less traumatic and a bit easier to accept if an unexpected cesarean needed to happen. Postpartum is hard enough without believing a difficult birth was in ANY way your fault.

The brain does decide how much pain you feel and that's one thing that these courses can help with - you don't stress as much so birth hormones can work better. There's tons of research on pain science and how our emotions and environment impact that perception. So it makes sense that the calmer you feel the more you can cope.

• Sick
As a health professional, it’s honestly shocking to me how people who are not qualified in any way at all to be doing so can just make videos with such dangerous, factitious opinions completely based on unreliable evidence and share them to millions of people - some of them who are watching may not know any better and actually take what she’s saying as truth and correct - like it honestly scares me, I just laughed the full way through her video at how much she was acting like she knows what she’s talking about and acting as if she’s an expert, give it a rest Melanie please for the sake of people’s lives at least
As another medical professional I think it's brilliant that Melanie is taking the time to learn about her options as so little of Irish care in labour is based on any robust evidence. No matter how her birth goes she won't regret feeling informed. We've had enough medical scandals in Ireland to get women thinking they might want to do a little independent research themselves. The UK has what's called the NICE guidelines - Ireland has no national guidelines for care of healthy women in labour...so every hospital does their own thing. Holles St break your waters on admission when other hospitals around the country and Ireland know that this is outdated and risky practice...but Holles St won't tell you that...The monitor that goes on most women in early labour when they arrive is known to increase the risk of cesareans and instrumental births...but let's just ignore that because we need that paper to protect ourselves from litigation....let's not tell women they have another option to listen in to their baby which means they can still move about and is supported by science......let's just not tell them anything that would give them the impression they have any control over what's happening....

Melanie if you're reading this - keep learning, keep asking questions - you won't regret it. There are lots of your followers cheering you on and hoping more women will start asking questions and learning about their options too no matter what kind of birth they're planning.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
As another medical professional I think it's brilliant that Melanie is taking the time to learn about her options as so little of Irish care in labour is based on any robust evidence. No matter how her birth goes she won't regret feeling informed. We've had enough medical scandals in Ireland to get women thinking they might want to do a little independent research themselves. The UK has what's called the NICE guidelines - Ireland has no national guidelines for care of healthy women in labour...so every hospital does their own thing. Holles St break your waters on admission when other hospitals around the country and Ireland know that this is outdated and risky practice...but Holles St won't tell you that...The monitor that goes on most women in early labour when they arrive is known to increase the risk of cesareans and instrumental births...but let's just ignore that because we need that paper to protect ourselves from litigation....let's not tell women they have another option to listen in to their baby which means they can still move about and is supported by science......let's just not tell them anything that would give them the impression they have any control over what's happening....

Melanie if you're reading this - keep learning, keep asking questions - you won't regret it. There are lots of your followers cheering you on and hoping more women will start asking questions and learning about their options too no matter what kind of birth they're planning.
You said it let her inform HERSELF and keep her scare tactics to HERSELF ...Maybe she needs to get out of that attic more :rolleyes:

Last edited:
  • Haha
So the girl who forever states to comment down below has restricted any replies that disagree with her on the latest video. My pregnant friend posted and her comment hasn't appeared at all. How bleeping pathetic. She's all "do your research, don't be brainwashed" yet it's ok for her to hammer her points and delete comments that even mildly disagree with her.... so Melanie can brainwash and shame. And ONLY her way is the right way. 😂

Even if she ends up with the epidural she's that much of a pathological liar that we will never hear about it.

Agreed - you can't always predict what happens in labour. Some hypnobirthing courses focus on sneezing your baby out in 3 hours painfree which does women such a disservice and leaves some traumatised. Or they feel guilty because they needed an epidural which can be such a brilliant tool and I'm very very glad we have them available. But there are also courses that just help women to stack the odds in their favour of having the best birth for them as they define it - epidural or not, homebirth or not, swinging from the chandeliers or with 10 consultants 10 midwives and every piece of machinery going. The course I'm referring to includes imagery for getting an epidural...hypnobirthing to relax you before an induction...or a planned cesarean.

Not all hypnobirthing courses are the same so doing a bit of research can be helpful. Run a MILE from anyone selling you a course that promises a pain free easy birth as the norm (it happens just not frequently) or that it'll happen if you 'just believe enough or practice enough' and you'll stroll into the the Coombe and be 10cm. Staying flexible can help you have a better experience - my advice is not to hook your happiness on one kind of birth because it something comes up that nobody could predict it can be devastating. But it does no harm to do as much as you can to prepare for the kind of birth you want and feel less stressed in your pregnancy and if something comes up you know you've done as much as you can and you can get the epi with no guilt! That also means - it can a lot less traumatic and a bit easier to accept if an unexpected cesarean needed to happen. Postpartum is hard enough without believing a difficult birth was in ANY way your fault.

The brain does decide how much pain you feel and that's one thing that these courses can help with - you don't stress as much so birth hormones can work better. There's tons of research on pain science and how our emotions and environment impact that perception. So it makes sense that the calmer you feel the more you can cope.

Haha duck off Melanie you lunatic. Stating in your profile that you are from the U.S. while referring to the coombe. Cop on ya witch.

My favourite part of this rant is when you say "Melanie if you are reading this"...... Melanie you wrote it or is your "depersonalization" kicking in 😂

You are on another thread on tattle shilling the gentle birth app which ODDLY Melanie is shilling all over SM. You state you are from the USA yet know everything about the Irish hospital system and come into a thread as a new member is defence of yourself....

Nothing new there you've been trolling for years and EVERYONE sees through you. Go back to begging people to save Thomas's job and googling your next illness/life obstacle to profit off. You need help.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 14

I am also a medical professional, but I deal with the gastro side of things. Ireland also uses NICE guidelines for things. We use them as a marking point in dealing with transplantation of organs, tonsillitis (when to take them out), palliative care etc. Surely as a professional you’d know this?😘

Holles St may tell you that’s normal but literally speaking with ANY other pregnant person you know will tell you it isn’t? Or a quick scan of the HSE site under the Labour page.

Last edited:
  • Heart
I can't believe the quote's she's using on her stories from this Gentle birth site ....labouring on your back or holding your breath while pushing is starving your baby of oxygen ,don't be surprised if your baby gets distressed and you need an episiotomy ..total bullshit of course, along with the fact your womb doesn't work properly once you turn 40 ..tell that to the thousands of 40+ women who have had very successful pregnancies and healthy children :cautious:

I have no problem with her informing herself, lots of pregnant women research labour and pregnancy. What I don’t appreciate is flicking through my stories on Instagram and being bombarded with things like this. All she has done is thrown out random statements and facts that she has not given any further information to or provided any solutions. As a pregnant woman I find them stressful and scary to read and not helpful in anyway.
DD945504-4705-4F94-93A1-DF153800525B.png

I have no problem with her informing herself, lots of pregnant women research labour and pregnancy. What I don’t appreciate is flicking through my stories on Instagram and being bombarded with things like this. All she has done is thrown out random statements and facts that she has not given any further information to or provided any solutions. As a pregnant woman I find them stressful and scary to read and not helpful in anyway.
View attachment 205728
ignore her. I’ve had a c-section. They’re genuinely nothing to worry about. They’re made out to be horrifying and scary - they’re not. I had my son in 20 minutes and was out of surgery within the hour and I didn’t feel a thing. Yeah the next few days are painful but your baby is alive and well so what’s the problem? you can’t do much but it’s not like you were going to be traveling the country anyway. I slowly walked 20 mins every day after I was DC from hospital for two weeks and it helped my recovery loads.

how about instead of scare mongering people with sections as the worst possible outcome we treat them as just another way to deliver. It doesn’t mean you’ve failed yourself or your child in any way.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
They even use epidurals for knee replacement surgery and other procedures in HIGH RISK patients ,my MIL got her knee done this way as a general anesthetic was deemed to risky with all her health issues..So that should tell you how UNSAFE it is if they're using it in HIGH RISK patients..

The fetal monitor is there to pick up distress during contractions the doppler is only used to measure the heartbeat ..Are you tryin to say that if a baby is distressed the mother should ignore this ? because that's the only thing that would increase the risk of having intervention as far as the monitor goes ...

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.