Melanie Murphy #2 ED? IBS? PCOS? PTSD? Twitter MD? full of *clean prose* BS anyway!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just watching it now and paused it to say that a fair few peoole are criticising her for shaming women who may need interventions and epidurals. There are women in the comments who've had babies tell her she's coming across high and mighty and Melanie thinks because she watched a documentary that she knows it all... wasn't it just last week she put up a post on Instagram about shaming mother's- she's doing just that in this video but as per usual doubling down in the comments.
Anyone naive enough or expecting their first baby would be put off having any intervention, and be putting themselves and the baby at risk .Why show a list of negative points of having an epidural or imply that C sections aren't a good idea and spoil the bond with your baby ,why she think's this is good information to put out there I've no idea ,for some it would just be a source of worry ...

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Anyone naive enough or expecting their first baby would be put off having any intervention, and be putting themselves and the baby at risk .Why show a list of negative points of having an epidural or imply that C sections aren't a good idea and spoil the bond with your baby ,why she think's this is good information to put out there I've no idea ,for some it would just be a source of worry ...
100%.. and what is she basing all of this bullshit on? That course she did? If she had already pushed out 5 babies and was telling us about her experience, fair enough. Trying to put people off epidurals and C sections is not okay either way though. She's never given birth before and she just sounds a bit brainwashed to me, acts like she has plenty of experience when she literally has none at all when it comes to giving birth?!

• Heart
Gosh, the woman does one dodgy "positive birth course" on the internet and thinks she's an expert.

Well mum shaming is only a problem when Melanie feels like she's at the receiving end of the shaming. Her way of doing things is always right 😬

What annoyed me as well is that when she did that 'radiance box' unboxing she was all like how she also thinks this is such a great thing and she's promoting it because people don't have to go out looking for brands like Caudalie and can stay safe/at home. Says the woman who's done unnecessary trips to the supermarket, the local cafe, her dad's house/her 'office' all through lockdown. :rolleyes:
I'm livid right now - she is using scare tactics re epidural and hovered her mouse over death without elaborating. The purpose of her video was to show how great she is for making her choices and is being entirely judgmental towards women watching who may have had/chose or had no choice to receive an epidural or c section.... its also lowkey shaming any pregnant woman who maybe watching and off the back of her video, feeling like they chose an "easy" route or that their choices are wrong.

She's acting like because she's read some articles and leaflets she's more informed that her healthcare providers or the women commenting who've actually GIVEN BIRTH. It's just unbelievable. I'm so happy she's getting called out in the comments.

Yes that irked me too... and cases have now gone back up and she's off mixing with whoever she pleases. Zero common sense.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I'm livid right now - she is using scare tactics re epidural and hovered her mouse over death without elaborating. The purpose of her video was to show how great she is for making her choices and is being entirely judgmental towards women watching who may have had/chose or had no choice to receive an epidural or c section.... its also lowkey shaming any pregnant woman who maybe watching and off the back of her video, feeling like they chose an "easy" route or that their choices are wrong.

She's acting like because she's read some articles and leaflets she's more informed that her healthcare providers or the women commenting who've actually GIVEN BIRTH. It's just unbelievable. I'm so happy she's getting called out in the comments.

Yes that irked me too... and cases have now gone back up and she's off mixing with whoever she pleases. Zero common sense.
I'm disgusted. Some women have to have the epidural to get through the birthing process, some women need a C section, otherwise they'd risk their lives and the life of the child.. sometimes tit just goes wrong during birth and doctors have to act quickly, sometimes there's no time for a vaginal birth.. yet she intentionally put that clip in at the start to make it seem like doctors opt for C sections so they can get it over with.
When it comes down to it, who would I trust more... trained medical staff with actual experience delivering babies, or a doofus on the internet who spends all day on positive birthing Instagram profiles? hmm... :unsure:

• Heart
Reactions: 10
100%.. and what is she basing all of this bullshit on? That course she did? If she had already pushed out 5 babies and was telling us about her experience, fair enough. Trying to put people off epidurals and C sections is not okay either way though. She's never given birth before and she just sounds a bit brainwashed to me, acts like she has plenty of experience when she literally has none at all when it comes to giving birth?!
I've had an epidural like countless others and even the doctors don't go into that much detail ,I mean the word death just jumped out at you, I think she kinda hovered on it to get her point across ,is she sponsored by this positive birth company or something ,maybe she needs to give herself a shake she's just making a mountain out of a molehill the only thing you get from an epidural is a sore back ( for most )from the needle :cautious:

I wasn't imaging her hovering over the word death then I'm glad someone else noticed it too ,what a moron she is ..

• Heart
Reactions: 5
You’d swear she was a midwife the past 20 years the way she is going on 😂😂 absolutely unbelievable she hasn’t got a clue at all, I think she just reads up on things and then thinks she’s an expert. Can’t wait to see how her birth goes now

It really feels like she's been pregnant for 10000000 years at this point.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
As a health professional, it’s honestly shocking to me how people who are not qualified in any way at all to be doing so can just make videos with such dangerous, factitious opinions completely based on unreliable evidence and share them to millions of people - some of them who are watching may not know any better and actually take what she’s saying as truth and correct - like it honestly scares me, I just laughed the full way through her video at how much she was acting like she knows what she’s talking about and acting as if she’s an expert, give it a rest Melanie please for the sake of people’s lives at least

• Heart
Reactions: 10
There are some old screenshots here from GG. Here from GG too... it was gold.... and her fake accounts defending herself and trying to imply there was something going on with her and Hannah Witton.

She has a fake Instagram account called MiloBLM that she uses to defend herself, compliment her own boobs and talk down to POC. She's never stopped using fake accounts... she even uses fake accounts to troll herself to look the victim. Bizarre doesn't even cover it. She even went on a rant using her fake Instagram to Jack howard promoting hazel's book and accusing someone in the replies of being hazel herself. She reeks of jealousy. Screen shots are some posts back. 😂
Umm... I love you for making me aware of this information, because I am going to absolutely love going through all of it!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 1
If you go to Melanies first comment on her video and click replies there are two OBGYN correcting her AND a doctor..... but melanie is right OKAY!!

She has the brain capacity of a midget fly. Imagine being so insufferable to think you are above it all and right all the time.Time and time again people in this thread supply the screenshots. If anyone was ever on the fence about her in regards to her elobrate stories, illnesses and life struggles all they need to do is look at her threads and see the screenshots.

The fact that she reads here and makes up Q and A's on stuff here just proves she desperately tries to cover herself and look innocent. Innocent peoole don't need to prove themselves and they certainly don't use sockpuppet accounts to talk smack to anyone who dare disagree with her.

When will she catch on that it's not normal. Sometimes the husband even looks at her weary- like he's afraid to put a foot wrong. I notice that in videos a lot.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 8
If the lockdowns are more widespread in Ireland Thomas might not be with her ,her whole birth plan will go out the window if it's only her and the midwives .I don't think they be practising the positive birthing techniques on her do you ..

If you go to Melanies first comment on her video and click replies there are two OBGYN correcting her AND a doctor..... but melanie is right OKAY!!

She has the brain capacity of a midget fly. Imagine being so insufferable to think you are above it all and right all the time.Time and time again people in this thread supply the screenshots. If anyone was ever on the fence about her in regards to her elobrate stories, illnesses and life struggles all they need to do is look at her threads and see the screenshots.

The fact that she reads here and makes up Q and A's on stuff here just proves she desperately tries to cover herself and look innocent. Innocent peoole don't need to prove themselves and they certainly don't use sockpuppet accounts to talk smack to anyone who dare disagree with her.

When will she catch on that it's not normal. Sometimes the husband even looks at her weary- like he's afraid to put a foot wrong. I notice that in videos a lot.
Glad everyone picked up on it then and we're not going mad 😂 wonder what her reply will be ...

Reactions: 6
I don’t understand her thing about how there is money to be made off of scaring women. She’s not in America and she’s giving birth on the public system in Ireland. If she wanted to talk about women being exploited and pressured into giving birth in a certain way, there’s so much you could talk about historically in Ireland with catholic hospitals etc. Some hospitals wouldn’t give epidurals because of Eve taking the Apple in the garden of Eden, it meant childbirth should be painful for women. Maternity hospitals in Ireland jabs policies of prioritising saving the mother over the baby or vica versa. Stuff like that way more relevant in Ireland over some random American documentary she watched about American maternity health.

her attitude is very holier than thou, she’s not qualified to be giving out this type of advice at all and she’s giving out this weird idea that drugs are shoved down women’s throats and are bad and all come with bad side effects.

then she says she imagines herself giving birth like Cameron Diaz did and being empowered. Silly naive girl.

picking arguments in the comments section with anyone who dares to mildly disagree with her too

• Heart
Reactions: 7

Couldn’t agree more. And her reply to that specific comment.. I’ve seen death listed as a side effect for most medication I’ve had to take during the course of my life.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 6
If the lockdowns are more widespread in Ireland Thomas might not be with her ,her whole birth plan will go out the window if it's only her and the midwives .I don't think they be practising the positive birthing techniques on her do you ..
It's a weird one right now... some counties are on partial lockdowns and we are beginning to see several clusters in factories and sadly in direct provision. A lot of people living in direct provision work in factories and what's worse is the fact that they feel if they take off sick they will get threatened with a job loss, exploitation is rife and often because English isn't their first language they are exploited. Most don't even know their rights because of this exploitation..... but yes SAVE AER LINGUS.

I went off topic (kinda) but was going by the point where Melanie tried to appear like she cared about the job losses of everyone in aviation when it was just Thomas and the fact that the real people suffering right now are the families in direct provision but we won't see a petition shared for that. Middle class problems need only apply.

We are getting higher cases. Personally I know of more people sick with covid this time around compared to the first lockdown we had... which I think is more telling/scary. I think the government are using schools as guinea pigs and are now at the stage that the economy matters more.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
She’s setting herself up for a failure, guess what no one wants to have an emergency c section or have their baby pulled out by forceps, very often it just has to be done for baby’s and moms safety. I bet most women throw their birth plan out of the window during labour, because you can’t predict what happens. So if her birth is not as she planned or imagined, she’d feel crap about it because she had that attitude towards pain relief, c sections and natural birth.
she’s up with the fairies if she thinks the power of her mind will make her birth not painful or hard.

I have done the same hypnobirthing course with Sinead, and I thought that they were concentrating on giving birth without a pain relief a little too much. I always knew I wanted an epidural. I didn’t get it not by choice but because it was too late for me to get it, the labour progressed very fast.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
How many weeks was she when she announced the pregnancy?! Feels like it’s been a bloody lifetime!

Reactions: 3
hello melanie! you've been lurking!!!!!!!!!
It completely contradicts the recent IG post she had about shaming pregnant women. She’s doing exactly that. Most you tubers making pregnancy content will emphasise over and over how they can only talk about their experience and preferences, that all women are different.

Melanie watches one documentary about America and think she knows it all.

the doctor Vs midwife thing is funny too. Does she not realise she’s on the public system so it’s going to be a midwife anyway unless something goes wrong? She doesn’t need to travel to another county for a midwife unit, she’d have a midwife anyway in a Dublin hospital.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.