Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

rnpkr7829

I’m so annoyed at her again going on about PCOS and conceiving literally on first try. She doesn’t realize how fucking insensitive and triggering it is. She is a vile person. I literally had to block her immediately afterwards. I am obviously not jealous of her pregnancy but we’ve been trying for years now and IVF, adoption is in our future. And she FUCKING started thinking of all those scenarios just because she got a PCOS scare?!!! Does she not realize how insensitive it is to her sister?! Fuck her.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
So, on the subject of PCOS and Melanie. Firstly, she's a completely horrible human being and a liar. Secondly, I'm 32 and I have PCOS and Hypothyroid (Had the ultrasound and she said I had loads of follicles), so was unsure for a while if I had one or the other, but I've suffered with irregular periods for years, hair growth, depression etc. Anyway, I would really love kids before I'm 36 (harder for me as I'm single but am saving in case I need donor sperm if I don't meet anyone by then). I've been researching this for years, and the regular stuff states that around 30% of women with PCOS will give birth without any issues, and 70% may need a little help, some as simple as oral medication, and not IVF, so their is hope ladies, just in case you're panicking (I do too when I have a hormonal breakdown lol every so often!)

What I'm trying to say is, people like Melanie are dangerous, and cause other women to despair and feel worthless, as to make herself feel gratified and as though she's better than other women who can't have what she has. She's disgusting, and she always will be, motherhood won't change that. Who knows whether she'll be a good mother anyway? I'm betting people like myself and others on here who would love a child, who have PCOS, would be incredibly thankful if we got pregnant, younger or older, as we don't take things in life for granted, Melanie does.

I'm also a little over weight, but I'm working on that over the summer and eating better (not perfect, I still enjoy a pizza or chocolate, so don't feel you need to turn into a Melanie food monster on Gluten free, dairy free, bird bowl food and judge everyone else for not following the same restrictions, theirs no evidence it helps massively, it's only about maintaining a healthy weight, exercising, not excessively, stress free as much as possible and just eating right as much as you can).

I live in fear of not being able to have a child, with my PCOS, hypothyroidism and being single at 32 and no sign of Mr. Right anytime soon, so for me, it may be a journey I do on my own with my family supporting me, but that's okay. But listen - IT IS POSSIBLE TO HAVE A BABY WITH PCOS. Most women can have children with PCOS. Melanie forced Thomas into a relationship and knew how to work him, he's pretty simple, and even his mother knew what was coming when Melanie set her claws into him, now the poor woman is stuck with Pregnant Melanie whaling in her attic.

All jokes aside, I know how hard it is with PCOS, I know how utterly insensitive Melanie is, she doesn't care, so don't let her upset you either, as she's a lost cause and because she rushed everything, will now have to live with the hardships ahead of her on her own.

I know some of you are probably a lot younger than me, and know that all isn't lost, PCOS is very common, many women get pregnant, some will struggle for sure, and some will need a little help along the way too, but it does and can happen. Take care of yourself, and erase people like Melanie from your life, they will only hurt you and cause you stress, you need to put your health and wellbeing first above all. Which is why I don't even bother watching or listening to anything that creature says anymore, and my mental health is the better for it. I can assure you, her social media persona is far from the real one she is living.

• Heart
Reactions: 17

firecracker

I can't believe how quickly she wrote off the question about anxiety and giving birth with "I'm not worried at all! I'm too educated to worry :)".

She was so incredibly dismissive, just claiming that she knows everything about birth now (literally says "i know what to expect with every outcome and every scenario"). Mel are you kidding? you read a couple books and listened to a few podcasts. you are not a doctor, you are not an expert lmao

I hope pregnant people watching aren't feeling silly for being anxious-- it's completely normal to feel anxious about giving birth even though it's natural.

Anyway Mel is a birth goddess and a doctor now so everyone bow down to the tit feeding fertility queen

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16

laceandgold

Chatty Member
The eligibility criteria for that MLU in ireland is quite extensive... I just googled and I'm thoroughly shocked that she was given the green light... considering her medical history of body dysmorphia, bulimia and various mental health issues.........
Its almost like those things aren't on her medical record because she self diagnoses....

• Haha
  • Heart

laceandgold

Chatty Member
Its really alarming that she's about to become a mother for the first time and she seems more focused on her body, getting back to weight lifting and going to college....

• Angry
  • Heart

Chinese_whispers

VIP Member
I’d be a bit worried going travelling around Ireland when I’m that pregnant?
she’ll be fine. She’s a warrior woman who doesn’t need drugs or medical intervention. She’s just going to breathe through it and her and Thomas are going to be the picture of calm, giving birth in a field if necessary and he won’t faint or even feel a bit dizzy. She’ll be back lifting weights three days PP because she’s a woman and she’s strong.

• Haha
Reactions: 15

Kitt

VIP Member
This literally makes no sense giving up something doesn't mean you'll never think about it again. It will always be the back of a person's mind no matter the situation

It's an addiction !!

Not always the case it's personal circumstances

Not always the case it's personal circumstances
Oh man you were in the Zoe sugg thread arguing against everything anyone said and now you’re doing the same here.

Melanie is not an alcoholic. We in this thread know how Melanie behaves and how she makes shit up and makes ‘not drinking alcohol cause she made a tit of herself one too many times by binge drinking at parties’ into ‘being an alcoholic’. We know she makes natural bloating into IBS. We know she has a sister with PCOS so she instantly says she has the same thing. She’s full of bullshit.

We know being an alcoholic is a form of addiction, we don’t need anyone to explain that to us. We are saying Melanie isn’t an alcoholic. Full stop. Please don’t reply.

• Heart

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Jesus Christ woman, put it away 😫

she’s planning to keep this child offline right?
angle that camera slightly lower I can already see it.

there is nothing beautiful about these photos, I’ve seen some beautiful tasteful pregnancy photos, this is vulgar and tasteless, she reminds me of a cows udder at this point.

• Haha

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Never been to space but I’m about to go into NASA and tell them how to do their next launch correctly...

don’t wish me luck I don’t need it. I have a degree in education.
covers everything.
Mel.

• Haha
Reactions: 14

Dearreader

VIP Member
So the girl who forever states to comment down below has restricted any replies that disagree with her on the latest video. My pregnant friend posted and her comment hasn't appeared at all. How fucking pathetic. She's all "do your research, don't be brainwashed" yet it's ok for her to hammer her points and delete comments that even mildly disagree with her.... so Melanie can brainwash and shame. And ONLY her way is the right way. 😂

Even if she ends up with the epidural she's that much of a pathological liar that we will never hear about it.

Agreed - you can't always predict what happens in labour. Some hypnobirthing courses focus on sneezing your baby out in 3 hours painfree which does women such a disservice and leaves some traumatised. Or they feel guilty because they needed an epidural which can be such a brilliant tool and I'm very very glad we have them available. But there are also courses that just help women to stack the odds in their favour of having the best birth for them as they define it - epidural or not, homebirth or not, swinging from the chandeliers or with 10 consultants 10 midwives and every piece of machinery going. The course I'm referring to includes imagery for getting an epidural...hypnobirthing to relax you before an induction...or a planned cesarean.

Not all hypnobirthing courses are the same so doing a bit of research can be helpful. Run a MILE from anyone selling you a course that promises a pain free easy birth as the norm (it happens just not frequently) or that it'll happen if you 'just believe enough or practice enough' and you'll stroll into the the Coombe and be 10cm. Staying flexible can help you have a better experience - my advice is not to hook your happiness on one kind of birth because it something comes up that nobody could predict it can be devastating. But it does no harm to do as much as you can to prepare for the kind of birth you want and feel less stressed in your pregnancy and if something comes up you know you've done as much as you can and you can get the epi with no guilt! That also means - it can a lot less traumatic and a bit easier to accept if an unexpected cesarean needed to happen. Postpartum is hard enough without believing a difficult birth was in ANY way your fault.

The brain does decide how much pain you feel and that's one thing that these courses can help with - you don't stress as much so birth hormones can work better. There's tons of research on pain science and how our emotions and environment impact that perception. So it makes sense that the calmer you feel the more you can cope.

Haha fuck off Melanie you lunatic. Stating in your profile that you are from the U.S. while referring to the coombe. Cop on ya witch.

As another medical professional I think it's brilliant that Melanie is taking the time to learn about her options as so little of Irish care in labour is based on any robust evidence. No matter how her birth goes she won't regret feeling informed. We've had enough medical scandals in Ireland to get women thinking they might want to do a little independent research themselves. The UK has what's called the NICE guidelines - Ireland has no national guidelines for care of healthy women in labour...so every hospital does their own thing. Holles St break your waters on admission when other hospitals around the country and Ireland know that this is outdated and risky practice...but Holles St won't tell you that...The monitor that goes on most women in early labour when they arrive is known to increase the risk of cesareans and instrumental births...but let's just ignore that because we need that paper to protect ourselves from litigation....let's not tell women they have another option to listen in to their baby which means they can still move about and is supported by science......let's just not tell them anything that would give them the impression they have any control over what's happening....

Melanie if you're reading this - keep learning, keep asking questions - you won't regret it. There are lots of your followers cheering you on and hoping more women will start asking questions and learning about their options too no matter what kind of birth they're planning.
My favourite part of this rant is when you say "Melanie if you are reading this"...... Melanie you wrote it or is your "depersonalization" kicking in 😂

You are on another thread on tattle shilling the gentle birth app which ODDLY Melanie is shilling all over SM. You state you are from the USA yet know everything about the Irish hospital system and come into a thread as a new member is defence of yourself....

Nothing new there you've been trolling for years and EVERYONE sees through you. Go back to begging people to save Thomas's job and googling your next illness/life obstacle to profit off. You need help.

Last edited:
  • Haha

Dearreader

VIP Member
Are they actually running about skerries thinking they are the Beckham's or what? I can't. 😂

The whole video screams micro managed- down to the "artsy" water shots, the doe-eyed looks and the carefully adjusted facial positions for the camera, so everyone knows how tenderly they kiss.Yeah it's all sewwww genuine and candid!!

I lose brain cells when I hear him laugh.

Utterly embarrassing behaviour altogether.(but keep it coming😂)

If you have to dress up your relationship online with sappy posts and videos- somethings not right behind the scenes and it's called overcompensating. 😊

• Heart
  • Haha

NovemberSpring

As someone who has recovered from an eating disorder, it infuriates me how focused she is on her weight during pregnancy but brushes it off as though she ‘has to’ weigh herself. To me it feels like she’s just become completely obsessed with micromanaging her weight gain in the hope that she’ll ‘bounce back’ after she has the baby. If I were pregnant and was told by a health professional that I needed to weigh myself weekly I would politely decline unless 100% necessary because I know it would be triggering for me. It seems to have triggered Melanie but she can’t admit it.

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Jesus she’s an embarrassment, there is absolutely no reason for her to be walking around like that, they are knackers.
there’s an Irish world for you Melanie! And why does she need to constantly curse, it’s so vulgar. I do curse I admit that, but everything is “fucking” this “fucking” that.

aer lingus must to so proud of how their first officer conducts himself online.

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13

Dearreader

VIP Member
I'm going to be upfront and say I think she used the "PCO" as a means of justification to Thomas to start getting pregnant when she wanted to. Not everyone will like me saying that I'm guessing.

Totally agree with poster that speculated she used her own questions from a dud account, all questions seemed to imply she was snooping here. Claifying her degree after she refered to herself as "teacher by trade" vagueness around her PCOS .And the blazing rows she has with her manchild. 9 months no rows? mmmhmm honey 😉

Just watched her recent video. Her obsession with making herself the victim in any given situation is baffling to me. It's almost like she wants things to go wrong (and I'll just put into the universe here that I'm wishing her and her baby a safe and healthy birth).

But this is lifted directly from the HSE website: 'In most cases, your partner can be there for the delivery.'
It's not a blanket statement, but I looked it up because earlier this year, when restrictions were even tighter, my brother was there for the birth of his child. Maybe it's to do with the hospital she's chosen, or the MLU, but she's acting like the government have a vendetta against pregnant woman and are trying to isolate and traumatize them. This is just not the case.

I also couldn't help but roll my eyes when she said the Consultant and the other doctor 'exchanged surprised looks' when Melanie came at them with all her research. I'm sure they exchanged looks alright, but I don't think it means what she thought it did. She's acting like she's more intelligent than most other people because she googles things, when it is literally the bane of many doctor's existence. Also noted that she had to mention the Consultant was 'female' and she 'thought she was new' when she was talking about them not knowing who needed to contact the MLU. Maybe a bit of unintentional bias there? Because she's a (presumably) young, female doctor, she must be new and inexperienced? Give me a break.

I really hope her followers do some of their own 'self-education', but looking at the comments I'm not too hopeful.

Dearreader

VIP Member
I thought it was so embarrassing that she would post that about Aer Lingus and how they’re the national airline we need to help save them, but omitted the fact it was Thomas’ company. Like be more transparent everyone would have signed it then to help her and her growing family out. Don’t make it out as if you’re doing the country a favour posting it when you need people to do you the favour
This exactly. You just KNOW if her husband wasn't a pilot she wouldn't even consider tweeting about all the people losing jobs in the airline industry- nevermind sharing a petition.

I mean ,call a spade a spade 😂.. Melanie doesn't care about all the people at risk of losing their jobs- she only cares that Thomas doesn't lose his.

Reactions: 12
In her newest video she said ‘Here in Ireland, we have an amazing public healthcare system.’ Really Melanie, are we living in the same country or?? :oops::oops:

• Haha

neens113

Chatty Member
Anyone naive enough or expecting their first baby would be put off having any intervention, and be putting themselves and the baby at risk .Why show a list of negative points of having an epidural or imply that C sections aren't a good idea and spoil the bond with your baby ,why she think's this is good information to put out there I've no idea ,for some it would just be a source of worry ...
100%.. and what is she basing all of this bullshit on? That course she did? If she had already pushed out 5 babies and was telling us about her experience, fair enough. Trying to put people off epidurals and C sections is not okay either way though. She's never given birth before and she just sounds a bit brainwashed to me, acts like she has plenty of experience when she literally has none at all when it comes to giving birth?!

• Heart