Melanie Murphy #14 Sale agreed on a gaff needs another reason to faff, Next rant-implants

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve watched the odd day in the life video as I’ve just had a baby myself and when I was pregnant I watched them to just get little tips as I’ve never been round babies before. Turns out you just figure it out as you go based on your own baby and I don’t need them now haha

Oh he wasn’t wearing shoes in the supermarket. Walking up the travelator thing in just his socks.
In terms of helpful tips I can understand. But she literally is the worst example of a “full time” parent I can think of.

he should definitely be wearing shoes outside of the house. There could be anything on the ground!

Reactions: 4
No shoes in a supermarket seems ridiculously stupid, like there could be small remnants of broken glass anywhere. I suppose what do you expect when she doesn’t even wear a seatbelt.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
I feel like Melanie leaving comments under jessie’s relationship photos/videos sounds like over correction. It’s painfully obvious.
Also totally irrelevant but something funny is going on with Jessie’s fellas pants 😂😂🍆 I doubt these sisters don’t pay attention when editing. 🤪
This is sooooo meme-able if you will 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

-Those opening shots of her lying and stretching on the bed. You can just tell she thinks she looks amazing. Oh and again leaning forward to the camera. All about the tits.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
-this video is very preachy and trying to seem super professional/teaching things (‘how to introduce a lovey’) rather than just being a nice cosy watchable day in the life vlog. She’s trying to be a perfect mom rather than just herself.
This sums up really well why I didn't really enjoy the video, even though I sometimes quite like to watch 'day in the life' type content (if I like the person). It was more instructional than just enjoying the day and time with her son.

-Considering she doesn’t want to show her son on the internet I’m seeing an awful lot of her son on the internet.
There's a shot where you can see Pan's whole side profile for a split second before he turns to face the camera and it's blurred out. Not sure why Melanie didn't just blur it out sooner. 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 6
Just gonna put myself through this new vlog, I don’t know why.

-Those opening shots of her lying and stretching on the bed. You can just tell she thinks she looks amazing. Oh and again leaning forward to the camera. All about the tits.
-Is it normal for a 1 year old to eat every 2 hours at night like that? I feel like he stirs and she must just shove a boob in his mouth to shut him up?
-I think it’s funny they call him Pan for pandemic baby.. as if he’s the only one born in the pandemic. It’s just her way of making a point about that isn’t it.
-I haven’t watched her in AGES but I feel like her accent is different maybe? Likes she’s trying to make it stronger. Maybe just me forgetting what it was like before though.
-this video is very preachy and trying to seem super professional/teaching things (‘how to introduce a lovey’) rather than just being a nice cosy watchable day in the life vlog. She’s trying to be a perfect mom rather than just herself.
-ok that baby needs his own space. He’s co-sleeping at 1 year old cause they cba buying him his own cot.
-He also needs shoes
-seems like Thomas does a lot of the clothes and nappy changes.
-the email from the editor is so cringe.

-Considering she doesn’t want to show her son on the internet I’m seeing an awful lot of her son on the internet.
I went on to check out her previous video as someone mentioned an intentional nip slip and I thought the exact same that her accent was different ! I'm Irish but live in North America so assumed it's because I don't hear a lot of Irish accents anymore but I'm glad now you said this and it wasn't just me ! And also I don't have children but I think she is using the boob everytime he stirs as she doesn't know what to do with him.2 hours at one year old doesn't sound normal to me.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I don't know why but when I said about not minding breastfeeding content, I think I meant I don't mind watching a video where someone happens to be breastfeeding for some of it. That is fine but I don't see the need for her to post photos where the fact she is breastfeeding is the only photo subject. I also admit, however, that there are very artistic and tasteful ways to photograph breastfeeding that are beautiful, and Mel's post didn't fall in that category.

-Is it normal for a 1 year old to eat every 2 hours at night like that? I feel like he stirs and she must just shove a boob in his mouth to shut him up?
No it's not friggin normal!
And what I find hilarious is that YouTubers Jessica Kellgren Fozard AND Dramatic Mac (Aisling) both have fully breastfed sons who were born the first week of July (so they are 3.5months old) who are sleeping 10-12hours through the night! They commented that they wouldn't mind doing a night feed but found that baby actually wanted a cuddle and was mindlessly eating as an extra comfort. Once they stopped automatically offering the breast, their babies stopped waking up. I almost want to send her a link and say "I know you are trying to be the one making parenting content, but since you aren't very good at it, check they YouTubers out because they are doing it really well!!!
Pan sounds like me in the way that I find the 'fasting 2days of the week' diet really easy but if I start the day with breakfast, it sets off my metabolism and makes me more hungry throughout the day and more likely to overeat. He'd get used to not eating at night very quickly if he wasn't following this particular feed routine.
I think that Melanie is the one instigating this over feeding and this broken sleep night. Maybe poor Pan thinks he only gets to see mum if he's suckling!?! The rest of the time he gets palmed off to someone else- because as pointed out in previous posts, she doesn't seem to do much of the changing, dressing, reading or playing.
Interrupting Pans sleep by not training a healthier, age appropriate sleep schedule could be very detrimental to Pans physical growth and mental development too

-ok that baby needs his own space. He’s co-sleeping at 1 year old cause they cba buying him his own cot.
-He also needs shoes
-seems like Thomas does a lot of the clothes and nappy changes.

Considering she doesn’t want to show her son on the internet I’m seeing an awful lot of her son on the internet.
Exactly my earlier point about contradicting herself and failing to actually keep her son protected from the internet by showing too much mumming!

THANK YOU for mentioning the kid needing shoes. It is dangerous how willing she is to let him run around in socks or barefoot just about anywhere, he has no hard skin yet on his little feets!

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
Hey 👋 long time lurker first time poster here.
I doubt I have a lot to say that hasn’t already been said, and much more intelligently than I can manage!
It’s just that I’m so glad this forum exists! How is this woman still getting money from SM (if she is lol) whilst spouting this absolute toxic and damaging tripe and treating her followers like tit if they don’t blindly kiss her arse?
I used to watch the odd video of hers when I was a teenager, I had an ED and was grateful to find content about it.
I randomly remembered her a few weeks ago and searched to see what she was up to and good lord ignorance was bliss 😅
I was scrolling through her Instagram today (procrastinating) and if you compare her posts from a few years ago with the recent ones it’s really quite depressing.
Her older posts actually seem quite genuine and sweet, just photos of her hanging around with new people (whether or not her Youtuber friends wanted a selfie who knows but they look happy), traveling, trying new food etc. Just enjoying life.
Now it’s just bloody selfies of her tit eating grin, Mr Yick, cheap active wear, her belly/boobs (I’m all for body confidence, not that she actually promotes it mind) and the back of her baby’s head.
All complete with a BS essay underneath in which she tries to say something thought provoking and deep but ends up just talking about how she’s God’s gift to the earth and anyone with a different lifestyle to her is unhealthy and miserable.
And I don’t even want to get started on her nauseating victim complex! Everyone’s said it before but she is the most naive 30 something year old on the internet surely? All this whinging and entitlement 💀
And then let’s not forget the gaslighty arguments with her followers underneath (before she deletes them).
It’s actually quite depressing. I really never thought that this so called open minded, tolerant YouTuber would end up being one of the most small minded and judgmental people I’ve ever come across.
Sorry about the rant! But it’s just a shame tbh. I feel bad for all her fans now who were my age when I watched her.
But genuine questions now! Do you guys think she’s always been like this and was putting on an ‘I’m so quirky and different act’, do you think baldy has just moulded her into the partner he wanted OR has she just isolated herself from reality and driven herself up the wall? (I know quite a few people who have sadly had this happen during lockdown, all of them radicalised ‘anti-vaccine’ ‘anti-mask’ conspiracy theory tit)
AND do you think she’s ever going to realise that the way she’s acted is so wrong? Or is just too stubborn for that to ever EVER happen?
Again sorry for the long post, clearly needed to get it off my chest 😅
Happy Saturday all 💀

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I feel like she’ll struggle with getting him into his own room and sleeping his own bed when he’s a bit older. She’s forcing attachment issues on him. And then she’ll love having the opportunity to complain on Instagram about it even though she made it happen.

Also so weird how she’s made his special ‘lovey’ a specific toy rather than letting him choose one he likes himself that becomes special cause he just loves it and finds comfort in it. Remember how she filmed herself crying watching Bambi with him? Now she’s forced the bambi teddy on him. Then she’ll just be like ‘oh he just loves bambi’. No, you forced it on him.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I saw this and I couldn't help but think of Mel in few years once she's finished her brood. I don't think she has a very good relationship with breastfeeding. She's throwing up some flags.

She gives me the feeling that she's breastfeeding to feel superior from the other mums, so she can use it in the future as a weapon, she loves the fact that she is needed, she likes the power that she's (before weening) the only one who can feed him and then play martyr on how tired she is amongst other reasons I had thought off but then promptly forgot.

I just don't get good vibes. Like I follow plenty of breastfeeding mothers, not one talks (or is obsessed) the way she does nor do they bring it up on the weekly. Nor do they use the terms "Shoving my tit in his mouth"

Also, I think the only reason she had to "dangle feed" is because Milo most probably wasn't hungry. He's not so distracted that he wouldn't eat, he just wasn't hungry. Never known a healthy hungry baby to refuse food if they are hungry. Maybe he wanted a cuddle or a play. Instead of that, he got the breast. If he isn't suckling by himself, he probably doesn't want it. I mean, that's how you know they are full, when they stop suckling. He never needed a dark silent room. Like give him a rattle or something or get him one of those mobiles that have dangle toys they can look at/play with.

(Also, was dangle feed even a thing before her? I knew no one who has ever done this nor mentioned)

I think she's going to struggle when she has to stop, I mean, he shouldn't need breastfeeding every 2 hours at one. That should just be a top up. Like, i expect newborn babies to feed on that schedule. Not a one year old.

(I have no problem people breastfeeding toddlers, but I've never known a toddler to feed every 2 hours)

I almost feel that as soon as he's awake or a bit iffy, she goes for the boob, when he actually wants something else.

And if he's waking up/she is waking him up to feed every 2 hours, broken sleep like that isn't healthy for him. He needs unbroken sleep. Sleep is a lot more important than people think and children need good quality sleep. Not just children, obviously, adults do. But you need more sleep as a child due to the growing/becoming more than little rock that can't move or do anything for themselves.

Screenshot_20211015-220602_Facebook.jpg

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 16
I agree it’s not healthy, for her or Pan. I can’t say with absolute certainty but I also have the strong suspicion that she uses breastfeeding as a way to pacify him - i.e. as soon as he gets fussy/cries, stirs at night (which 1 year olds do - A LOT - they move so much during their sleep it seems they are awake a lot of the time) she jumps to feeding him. It’s an anxiety thing, fear of losing control.

During my brief breastfeeding career I was actually told off by my paediatrician for doing the same (although, to my defence, my son was under 4 months old at the time). He told me “I understand why you’re doing this, but if he’s fussy he’s not always hungry - wait for real hunger cues. It’s important that he learns to cope in other ways, especially as he gets older”

She just obsessively sticks with her breastfeeding strategy even though Pan is way past the newborn phase where this would be appropriate. I know that not all 1 year olds sleep through the night, but a lot of them (my son included) do and it’s vitally important for them to get long stretches of sleep during the night. She really needs to wake up and start working on that. If it means giving him his own space to sleep undisturbed then LET IT BE. Not all babies do well so close contact, when I was co-sleeping I realised that I was disturbing my baby’s sleep and that he didn’t like me touching him or moving next to him during the night.. put him in his crib and after an initial phase of getting used to it he started sleeping 11 hours in a row, it was like a miracle :LOL:

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
According to my mum I was pretty young when I started sleeping through the night, a couple of months I think. This was before people used video baby monitors which might have something to do with it? Mum would hear me stirring a little bit but left it for a little while to see if I went back to sleep, and most of the time I did. I can see Mels being the type of person to run up to Pan and shove her tit in his mouth as soon as she sees his eyes open if he's sleeping in the attic without her 😂

I'm surprised after all her research she doesn't know everything mentioned here.

How can I get my 1 year old to sleep through the night?

Here's how to get baby to sleep through the night:
  1. Establish a bedtime routine.
  2. Teach your baby to self-soothe, which means trying your best to soothe them less.
  3. Start weaning the night feedings.
  4. Follow a schedule.

I'm surprised after all her research she doesn't know everything mentioned here.

2. Teach your baby to self-soothe, which means trying your best to soothe them less.
  4. Follow a schedule.

Unless you're my child who, although all the above has been achieved, still does not sleep through the night 😵😂😂

Reactions: 11

Unless you're my child who, although all the above has been achieved, still does not sleep through the night 😵😂😂
Oh yeah no normal child, I'm just surprised that Mel hasn't tried anything. If she did her child would instantly and perfectly succeed at whatever Mel tried of course :ROFLMAO:

4. Follow a schedule.
Tbh I dunno how she copes with having no routine, especially once their on solids and are suppose to be eating 3 meals a day. When mine was on only bottles I just fed her when she was hungry so didn’t have much of a routine when it came to feeds but she always went to bed at a set time from she was about 12 weeks old. Now she’s on solid meals we have to have more of a routine to be able to fit her meals in and bottles, naps etc. I’m a stay at home mum as well so don’t necessarily go out every single day but we still have a routine

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Tbh I dunno how she copes with having no routine, especially once their on solids and are suppose to be eating 3 meals a day. When mine was on only bottles I just fed her when she was hungry so didn’t have much of a routine when it came to feeds but she always went to bed at a set time from she was about 12 weeks old. Now she’s on solid meals we have to have more of a routine to be able to fit her meals in and bottles, naps etc. I’m a stay at home mum as well so don’t necessarily go out every single day but we still have a routine
Absolutely!! Plus, it's easy to forget they are actual people. Most of us like to know when our meals will be for a start, right?! I get the impression she feeds him willy nilly when it suits her. Breastmilk is great but he's over 1 he should be eating well and a wide variety of foods by now (assuming he's a healthy child with no issues as he appears to be). They are setting themselves up for disaster as he gets older 😬

Has she mentioned that calorie counting app at all since she was paid to talk about it?
Ugh I forgot all about this!! Not a peep as far as I'm aware 🙄 gave it up as quick as that Stereo nonsense!!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
As a new mom I am following many momfluencers, I have to say Melanie did not fall into my radar fortunately for me, I agree with the analysis someone made before, she wants to put herself in hard situations just ti attach importance to herself and at the same time complain about how hard is life.
There is a cool us influencer called brittany balyn, she has a daughter that is a couple months older than pan, she is still breastfeeding (weaning phase) yet she does not sound martyr as our irish friend here. She is also a single mum, the baby daddy is taking care of the baby like one day a week, and she has no family close to her, I think she mentioned it was a 2 hour drive.

In all this she never mentioned the reason of her divorce or used it for views and drama, she makes at least one video a week, alone, with no help and a toddler, she practised baby led weaning which imho is super hard and succeeded beautifully.

Sorry for the rant about this othet person but can you imagine melanie in this situation? Single, no family, publishing regular content and not idolizing her own boobs?

• Heart
No wonder she doesn't have any friends left, she must be miserable to be near, always complaining, always a victim, always judging , always manipulating.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.